Are You Bored of Football Manager 2012 Now?

Are you bored of Football Manager 2012 now?  

329 members have voted

1. 1. Are you bored of Football Manager 2012 now?

• YES!! come on sigames...I want the new game!!
    • NO! I love this game, I never get bored of FM
    • I'm bored of this game but still play other FM's
    • I still play this game but can't be bothered to start new save!
    • I'm bored of all FM's full stop.

we are now into the new season but are with an old Football Manager until the new one comes out, whenever I start a new save I know exactly which players to buy, who are the stars of the future and so on...

I don't have a long term save on FM12, just about 3 or 4 saves where the furthest I am with one is season 3.

I just seriously can't be bothered to start a new save, can't be bothered to continue any of my saves and can't be bothered to go back to any other FM (I used to change between FM games as much as every week or two).

anyone else feel the same?

I'll never be bored of FM lol but this close to the release of a new version I dont bother with new long term saves. I've been tempted to dust off an old save from FM 11 until 13 hits

I'll never be bored of FM lol but this close to the release of a new version I dont bother with new long term saves. I've been tempted to dust off an old save from FM 11 until 13 hits

I didn't actually mean I was bored, I'm just saying I don't have any long term saves on FM12 and can't be bothered to start new one, I also don't want to go back to previous games, I always have done but since getting FM12 I have not wanted to go back at all

I'm not bored of it in fact my current save keeps me playing a lot. Finished 3rd with Reading last season. Started out unemployed took on the Preston job got them out of League 1. They then lowered all budgets so I resigned and waited 3 months before taking over Reading. Managed to sign some cracking players but the best has to be Carlos Fierro on a free from Chivas

Bored isn't the right word- for me, there are a lot of little parts which are boring, but which aren't enough combined to stop me playing. It's a frustrating game to play- there are so many elements (media interaction, contract negotiation, team interaction, to name but a few) which aren't exactly broken, but just aren't anywhere near as deep or flexible as other parts of the game. The depth elsewhere only underlines the shallowness- answering the same half a dozen post-match questions, giving the same pre-match team talks that get green responses- these get boring after one season, let alone on a longer save.

I sincerely hope the focus for FM13 is on refining, improving and polishing existing features, rather than rushing to boast more "new" elements. The game has plenty of ideas in it- those ideas just need to be executed in a much more involving way.

I'm not bored at all. I played CM4 for years, and I'll play this for years. Bored of managing in England? Then I'll go to Japan. I never saw the purpose of ripping down a perfectly good long term save just for the sake of getting slightly better graphics or one or two new minor features that are added in the next years version. And that's not a shot at FM - I feel that way about every game that has yearly releases.

Anyway, when I buy a game, I expect that I'll be able to fire it up one year, three years, or 8 years in the future and I'll still think it's OK. I'd be cool playing CM4 again if the need arose. Hell, right now I just got done playing a session of Mordor, a game I bought in 1996. :eek:

Game companies have no use for people like me, I know. :(

I'm not bored at all. I played CM4 for years, and I'll play this for years. Bored of managing in England? Then I'll go to Japan. I never saw the purpose of ripping down a perfectly good long term save just for the sake of getting slightly better graphics or one or two new minor features that are added in the next years version. And that's not a shot at FM - I feel that way about every game that has yearly releases.

+1. I enjoy the game more than the yearly bling!

Not bored at all as the game only gets interesting once I am a few seasons in and feel that the team is now actually mine. Playing my custom World League and it will keep me entertained for months to come. In fact I'm not bothered about FM13, could quite easily play this save until October/November next year.

I never really got going with FM12, I'm still playing an FM11 save which has entertained me for a couple of years. I will be buying FM13 though in the hope that I can get into a really good long term save.

i just hope they fix the 0-21 Homegrown bug thats been ever present for 2 years, FM 12 is unplayable for me with it. I really am begging SI to have this fixed for the release of FM 2013 so i can get back to creating teams for the future with not knowing who will be eligible for Europe.

I'm bored with FM.

• Poor AI (poor squad building, inability to evaluate cost/benefit of entire transfer, poor pre game and in game decision making, inability to learn...),
  • reputation (everything about it),
  • poor and unrealistic transfer system (attribute and reputation based player evaluation instead of statistical study, typological (role) analysis and marketing value),
  • poor ME (unable to simulate properly defense, zonal marking, specific man marking, indirect free kicks, corners, throw ins, various pressing methods, transformation...),
  • poor simulation of lower and lesser leagues (in every aspect: football, tactics, finances, squad building...),
  • poor modeling of different types of AI managers and owners,
  • very poor modeling of different football and corporate cultures,
  • unrealistic economy,
  • too predictable and insufficiently variable player development,
  • single PA value (determines players future technical, mental and physical ability),
  • most players peak too early,
  • not enough injuries,
  • overpowered and poorly designed tutoring,
  • far too accurate scout reports,
  • poor distribution of future staff roles to ex footballers (to many assistant managers and coaches, lack of fitness and goalkeeper coaches...)
  • extremely poor interaction and media simulation (badly designed and very boring)
  • very poor manual...

I'm not bored, and I've been playing the same save since March. Started off with Kendal Town, got them to best in the world, then left after almost 25 years at the club, moved to Nuneaton (also in the Premier League) and took them to a league and Europa League win, left them and joined Premier League Newport, where I'm top after fourteen games. I've decided to only spent a single season at a club and see how what I can do in a single year. Adds a neat little touch until the new one comes out.

One of the thing I do to add some variety is to start a new game, and holiday it a full season (stole it from one of the challenge) and then start the game proper one year after. From there I could then choose a side that will offer me the most interesting challenge. It could be a side that barely escape the relegation to League One, or a newly promoted side to football league etc.

I'm bored with FM.

• Poor AI (poor squad building, inability to evaluate cost/benefit of entire transfer, poor pre game and in game decision making, inability to learn...),
  • poor and unrealistic transfer system (attribute and reputation based player evaluation instead of statistical study, typological (role) analysis and marketing value),
  • poor ME (unable to simulate properly defense, zonal marking, specific man marking, indirect free kicks, corners, throw ins, various pressing methods, transformation...),
  • poor simulation of lower and lesser leagues (in every aspect: football, tactics, finances, squad building...),
  • unrealistic economy,
  • single PA value (determines players future technical, mental and physical ability),
  • not enough injuries,
  • poor distribution of future staff roles to ex footballers (to many assistant managers and coaches, lack of fitness and goalkeeper coaches...)
  • extremely poor interaction and media simulation (badly designed and very boring)
  • very poor manual...

Totally agree with all of these, but adding the power money has in the game, both for greedy players and clubs who want to buy all top players despite not having the reputation to do so.

Totally agree with all of these, but adding the power money has in the game, both for greedy players and clubs who want to buy all top players despite not having the reputation to do so.

Oh and another thing that bores me is trying to shift players. I cant remember ever having bids for any of my players before deadline days, first teamers, youth or reserve. a bit of a manic scramble on these days and just before each year would help. You see more transfers in these last few days than you do in the rest of the transfer window.

Yes, I have a few long-saves on my bag now. To say the truth, this was a good edition of FM for me. The rewards you get when you accomplish certain things are just minimum. It's understandable 'cause this is pretty much a text-based game, but still, SI need to better the game. Still, I don't have a good feeling about FM13...

Not bored, but I've put it down for what I considered a game-ruining bug that was known and delibrately not fixed; i.e. players who have asked for and been promised a new contract, then refusing to negotiate, then getting upset at you breaking your promise when they aren't offered a new contract.

I'm not bored of FM, I still play it on a regular basis. I have got bored of a few saves I have played on this game but I always up starting a new save in a different country. Currently trying out some of the Challenges in this forum to keep me plodding along until FM13.

I'm just bored with FM full stop. A lack of choices of how I want to play the game has really put me off from buying FM13 when it comes out. Sad really because I thought I would never tire of the game. :(

I've found the same thing. It just doesn't excite my like it once did :(

As has already been mentioned, I'm bored of how easy the game has become.

I've found that all I need to do with any club is build a couple of formations (main one usually being 4-2-3-1), get the players fluid in them, sign a couple of fast wingers and a fast striker and bingo, you'll be successful. You can take any lower league club through the leagues by doing this.

I do believe the possibility should be there to take a lower league club into the premiership and into europe. It may not be realistic but you've got to have that success and achievement there. But I've never been at a club where it hasn't worked out, I've always been successful. I'm not saying this to brag, I'm saying I've only been successful because of how easy the game is.

With lots of interesting custom fantasy and realistic leagues in the editors hideaway to choose from there is always a new challenge for those flagging after 17 season playing ManU in the prem.

There are some real tough challenges to be found in there!

Nope still playing,took a break for a bit but now going full steam trying to win the CL with Nuneaton only got to the semi finals so far but the squad is a bit older(average age of 24)so hopefully this will be our year!

ps

I hate Man Utd on this save,I got 95 points in the premiership and still finished 2nd to them even though I did the double over them..no other team beat them that year :(

This has to be my year to do the famous double or treble ...or next year..or the year after that.

First season is a bit boring, but MUST be done, of course certain players, you tried to pick up last time might come in a new save. so it is always differant, gets interesting with youth intakes.

as well as making signings you never usualy get the option to, i brought in Bassong for blackpool. in this save Walker is a first teamer for spurs, in every other save he is in the reserves so, somethign differant.

I'm bored with FM.

• unrealistic economy,

+111

Definitely not bored of it, very much looking forward to starting a new save with updated transfers etc within the next couple days.

Probably won't buy FM13 til next year so not concerned about starting a new long term save.

Why buy it all?

They never fix the multitude of bugs that are put forward, they just add a couple of new options or effects and call it a "new game".

You can't polish a turd.

I'm bored with FM.

• unrealistic economy,
  • not enough injuries,
  • very poor manual...

This looks more like dissatisfaction than boredom.

Most of the issues here seem to be repetitive, hope SI take note.

FM is in many ways similar to heroin, so don't hold your breath. Anyone remember CM4? It was shocking bad, a bugfest (Enhancement packs - what an insult!). Even after they sold us patch/update named CM4 03/04 it was still embarrassing. Yet people kept buying new installments year after year. Addicts are great customers. Considering that I'm amazed how far has this game come in past 9 years, especially database. Community has done incredible strides to improve database. Whole database has greatly improved accuracy and balance; enormous improvements made to HNL in past few years are great example. Researchers I salute you!

Archived