FM15 What will be your first job?

What team will you start with?

I am intrigued by the situation at Leeds Utd with the new owner, 15 new players etc and would love to have a go at that.....but with Mad Massimo in charge I fear its a

thankless task. I will be looking for a new job within an hour.

I think a Conference team and work my way up......or in one of the Eastern European countries for a change.

I think first I`ll try using a tracksuit manager and go with a LLM savegame trying to turn the team into a big one at some point while also developing as a manager. Imo career mode save games are really nice to try this year with the new RPG elements.

What team will you start with?

I am intrigued by the situation at Leeds Utd with the new owner, 15 new players etc and would love to have a go at that.....but with Mad Massimo in charge I fear its a

thankless task. I will be looking for a new job within an hour.

I think a Conference team and work my way up......or in one of the Eastern European countries for a change.

It'll be my first (and only) game. I don't think it will be too bad, I would imagine that the job requirements will be buying young players (which is good anyway), playing a passing style, with some fairly ambitious targets.

To be fair, with players like Adryan / (hopefully) some of the potentially good youngsters in the squad, you should be able to have a really good go at promotion first season, I think he'll be trigger happy if you lose 4-5 games on the bounce...

I will also start with Leeds.

Normally go straight to non-league but will save that until after the final update so I have a fresh challenge.

The Promotion from Championship/survival in Premiership dynamics are always interesting and will tell you a lot about tactics and game difficulty.

Pretty much every time I get a new version of FM, particularly in the beta era, I start an initial throw-away save as one of the big teams in England. Usually Arsenal since they always tend to start with a big transfer budget (maybe not this year) but someone like that. For the first serious save I tend to play with the second or third best team in a second-tier nation. PSV for example. And then start a career with them, make them the best team in their country, try to succeed in Europe and then move on to bigger teams in bigger countries.

I'll most likely do what I always do - let the computer run on its own until 2030/2035 when the real players are mostly gone and then take charge of Man Utd and play with regens only, and never leave (voluntarily).

For the Beta, I'll play as Man Utd, not sure if full or Classic yet, probably Classic.

Once the full game is out, I had planned on starting as Bradford City, as I have unfinished business with them, but the new developments make it sound like a few more expansive saves will be really interesting.

1, Starting from the Conference North/South, for an in depth long term rags to riches save. For me this would be Bradford Park Avenue(as I done in 14) or Boston United(who I've played a single season with in Classic).

2, Starting jobless, and hopping from job to job, never staying one place more than a few seasons(I've never really play like this).

Tough choices, all interest me greatly.

Start with my 2nd team, Spurs, on the beta. I want something gentle first to ease myself into the new game.

Will play with them untill the 1st major patch drops (usually 4-6) weeks after release then dive in with Stevenage for my main game.

Also looking at doing a Dafuge style challenge with St Albans who are back in the Conference south this season. Playing with a local team makes it a lot more interesting for me

I also have a game i do each year where its about me rather than the club, so will start unemployed and take over 1st mid level Euro team to dismiss their manager (last 3 yrs have been Zenit, Hamburg and Sevilla) and simply see where the game takes me. I often find this to be my favourite game as it a lot more unpredictable and true to life as all the other games i tend to stay at 1 club the whole time

I am still on the fence if I will buy the game, a 25% discount coupon from GmG is making it tempting.

If I do I am thinking of ditching the lower league as I usually do and take over at Celtic to start with, I say the words that many of us say every year .. "I can do better than what that manager is doing" ... this year I really do know I could!

For the first time since they were introduced into the game, my first save this year won't be the team I support (Stirling Albion). I have always wanted to manage in Italy but have been put off by the co-ownership stuff. I believe that's gone now, so I'll be starting out with my favourite Serie A side, Sampdoria.

After a gap of about 2/3 years of not playing FM, I'm quite looking forward to this years game and will be starting with my local team - Barnet, hoping to make my way up the leagues!

Edit: Obviously with Sunday League experience and lowest level coaching qualifications, etc!

Unemployed Sunday League rep - swaying more towards a tracksuit type manager (approx 60-70% on the slider) and then tweaking the stats slightly based on how I want to play and taking the first job that will have me

When a new edition of the game comes out, I usually need a big team to test if old tactics still work, so I always start a save with SS. Lazio in Serie A, humiliating asroma and winning some titles. After a few seasons, once my tactics are refined, I start a new save and choose some team with nice colours from the 9th or 10th English level.

I seem to recall someone saying that the english regional leagues might be in this game. if so then most likely FC United. If not then a game with Staines using a tracksuit with the lowest possible badge and playing experience. I imagine I will be fired by end of season lol.

I seem to recall someone saying that the english regional leagues might be in this game. if so then most likely FC United. If not then a game with Staines using a tracksuit with the lowest possible badge and playing experience. I imagine I will be fired by end of season lol.

If they are in it I think I may copy you in this, just read in the paper today regarding their new stadium being built, it should set the foundations for a great lower league club!

Edit: That's about FCUM!

Undecided how i'll start off on FM15. I'm torn between:

- Starting as my team, Leicester City, trying to keep them in the Premier League and build from there.

- Starting unemployed, as it's more realistic and it's exciting not knowing who you'll start managing

- Starting as Real Madrid, get used to the game, and it's fun managing Bale + Ronaldo + pretty much their whole team :D

Hmmmmm, deicisons decisions, may just not think about it until the day then whatever I fancy on the day.

Always start the first save as Arsenal.

See how it goes. On FM13 I only the one save, was just so engrossed. 14 I found it harder to bond with my squad, currently doing a save where I started unemployed, which was a lot of fun, so may do that again if Arsenal save gets boring.

Was going to do either Arsenal or Feyenoord to start with. But looks like I am going to have to save Bolton Wanderers.

Roma, Marseille, Villarreal, and Sporting are all on my list this year. But I think Bolton may be my first real challenge. Although I may start with Real Madrid or PSG or something to learn the game and not have to worry too much about money.

My teams are normally Arsenal and Rangers. I use FMRTE and find myself changing too much, this year I want to try and go it alone to make it more enjoyable. Might use FMRTE as scout only though but that never lasts.

Archived