FM20 Hidden Gems

JamieFMScout

Aldair Fuentes. Versatile player, very young. You can wait for his contract to run out on 31st December 2019 or get him for €475k ASAP. Milan, Monaco, Dortmund, Inter and Benfica was interested when I signed him.

868980028_AldairFuentes_Profile.thumb.png.db8883a044b7d22d064be99105bf8066.png

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so Valakari, who's been mentioned in here.... does he have random attributes? because frankly, on my new save i'm just beginning with Norwich.. his attributes look nothing if not insane....

I'd have though i'd have seen more mentions of him on the forums

4EEDrBY.png

Usually, i don't come into this thread asking for advice, but i'm trying to make a style of play that keeps me hooked more. 

I'm looking for players for my AZ team. My goal is too keep the wage down, whilst becoming a competitive Europa league team. 

My first window saw me sign Birger Meling for $1m, although his wages are 11k and the highest in my team. 8.9% of my teams wages. I want to keep them as tight as possible in the build up to having a bigger bank account. 

I'm looking for any of the aforementioned players that can be brought with contracts of less than 3-4k. 

Thanks in advance. 

On 07/12/2019 at 17:59, Welshace said:

so Valakari, who's been mentioned in here.... does he have random attributes? because frankly, on my new save i'm just beginning with Norwich.. his attributes look nothing if not insane....

4EEDrBY.png

He is that good in my game. How much does he go for? I assume he is the son of the Derby legend?

Started up with a mid-level Championship club with a bit of money to spend. Work permit issues kept me from going after a lot of eastern European targets, the Scandinavians I wanted were a bit too pricey, and so I started getting desperate near the end of the first window. Found and bought the following. All the deals are structured so not paying a ton up front. All of 4/5 stars potential for the level.

Aaron Hickey - 17 year old DL/DR - 500K from Hearts - not sure how I didn't fall in love immediately when I found him. Two-footed and already capable of playing on either side. Complete Wing Back is rated as his best role. 

Scott Banks - 17 year old AML - 500K from Dundee United - versatile. Doesn't quite have the pace I would like in a winger, but could end up as a fairly well rounded winger to compensate

David Strelec - 18 year old ST - 625K from Slovan Bratislva - well rounded and fairly hard-working, with decent size

Edited by Bigpapa42

2 hours ago, Welshace said:

Decent, but flatters to deceive ... the 17 finishing and flair hide a lot of 12's and below... and he struggled to get a wp in fm19 .. haven't tried in fm20 though tbh.

I'm in Norway which is quite lax so wouldn't know

6 hours ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Started up with a mid-level Championship club with a bit of money to spend. Work permit issues kept me from going after a lot of eastern European targets, the Scandinavians I wanted were a bit too pricey, and so I started getting desperate near the end of the first window. Found and bought the following. All the deals are structured so not paying a ton up front. All of 4/5 stars potential for the level.

Aaron Hickey - 17 year old DL/DR - 500K from Hearts - not sure how I didn't fall in love immediately when I found him. Two-footed and already capable of playing on either side. Complete Wing Back is rated as his best role. 

Scott Banks - 17 year old AML - 500K from Dundee United - versatile. Doesn't quite have the pace I would like in a winger, but could end up as a fairly well rounded winger to compensate

David Strelec - 18 year old ST - 625K from Slovan Bratislva - well rounded and fairly hard-working, with decent size

Hickey and Banks develop into really good players after training and game time... Must buys for lower teams imo!

On 07/12/2019 at 17:59, Welshace said:

4EEDrBY.png

Finally!

Been banging this drum since the beta, Valakari and Partick Berg are musts. 

They make a decent duo in a 3 man midfield with some sort of anchor, it allows then to roam and pick passes at will. 

I'm thinking of bringing back the Nordic Player thread Welsh, theres so many this year..

Also, I know you love a bargain, what's your opinions on Kevin Quevedo?

11 hours ago, Hoarau said:

Finally!

Been banging this drum since the beta, Valakari and Partick Berg are musts. 

They make a decent duo in a 3 man midfield with some sort of anchor, it allows then to roam and pick passes at will. 

I'm thinking of bringing back the Nordic Player thread Welsh, theres so many this year..

Also, I know you love a bargain, what's your opinions on Kevin Quevedo?

Yeah bring it back! always a good thread... was thinking of doing a random thread with some decent players from non footballing powerhouse countries.

I'll be perfectly honest, never came across Quevedo until you just mentioned him and i looked him up!

He looks amazing.. great stats in the right areas and one 7 as his lowest attribute, the rest are all higher... does he get a WP do you know?

3 hours ago, Welshace said:

Yeah bring it back! always a good thread... was thinking of doing a random thread with some decent players from non footballing powerhouse countries.

I'll be perfectly honest, never came across Quevedo until you just mentioned him and i looked him up!

He looks amazing.. great stats in the right areas and one 7 as his lowest attribute, the rest are all higher... does he get a WP do you know?

I'll get working on it! Few crackers this year...

I could actually do a South American one aswell as I've found a few none Argie/Brazilian talents this year. That could work though, a non-powerhouse thread...

As for Quevedo, I managed to get him to Rangers on appeal. 

Signed this guy for Lincoln from Porto for £1.1m I'm in my fifth season, so he's only 16 at the start of the game. Not sure id his stats are random but he has developed into a really good striker with plenty of further development.

Screenshot 2019-12-20 at 17.41.47.png

Signed this lad for my Everton team after I left Lincoln, only 16 at the start of the game at Anderlecht, would be worth keeping an eye on all your saves.

1374980240_Screenshot2019-12-20at18_01_47.thumb.png.baa0a14ae3aaa333bc7c321d18540da8.png

Edited by Barnetfan

On 07/12/2019 at 11:38, glosoli said:

Aldair Fuentes. Versatile player, very young. You can wait for his contract to run out on 31st December 2019 or get him for €475k ASAP. Milan, Monaco, Dortmund, Inter and Benfica was interested when I signed him.

868980028_AldairFuentes_Profile.thumb.png.db8883a044b7d22d064be99105bf8066.png

I signed him on my hearts team didn't cost much at all. was hoping with those big names interested in my game he would developed all thought he just cant get into the squad. next season I want to use him and developed him to get money. Any recommendations  how to utilize this guy,

9 hours ago, Gross_Ballon said:

I signed him on my hearts team didn't cost much at all. was hoping with those big names interested in my game he would developed all thought he just cant get into the squad. next season I want to use him and developed him to get money. Any recommendations  how to utilize this guy,

Interest is depending on the db size and how many leagues you load. Maybe you have too many players around? I have around 80k players in my game and the interest for Aldair was very high.

I retrained him as a Ball Playing Defender and sometimes using him as a Libero if I switch to 3 defenders.

Matias Arezo -  Can be signed for just under £3m at the start of the game (but won't join you until he's 18). Probably not so much of a hidden gem any more but he is so good. He's just scored the winning goal in the Champions League final for my AZ team in 2025 and is currently valued at £59m.

Jesus Vasquez - A wing back with loads of pace. He had a release fee at the end of season 2 on my save of £3.2m in the Valencia B team. No idea if he can be signed for less at the start. But at the age of 23 (in my save currently), he is exceptional and has broken into the Spain team.

11 hours ago, DavePott said:

Anyone here sign and develop Marco Kana?

In my current game (I am in 2027) he went to China for a long time (6 seasons) but is now with Arsenal and is an elite midfielder.  You wanna SS?

36 minutes ago, Dreambuilder said:

Bubacarr Kebbeh 18 (2019), Gambian. Random physical stats but sometimes really, really good. I love the good long shots and free kick taking! Cost: almost free. Found him by scouting Africa (by whole continent assignment).

image.thumb.png.d32e27c33380fcc656b107b64a58a2eb.png

ZaUFOdv.png

On 30/12/2019 at 07:40, DavePott said:

Anyone here sign and develop Marco Kana?

He's at Spurs in my save and looks half decent. They signed him for 23m in 3rd season.

Spoiler

41de07050c63a4568c98c1cdbd006055.png