Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

9 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

Me as a moderator, i do hope for more SI engagement, but i can understand why they are occupied, and why they may not respond. When they don't I usually go look at my tactic, and assume...i must be doing something wrong.

I do that as well, by default because like you, I am a perfectionist and want to achive the absolute (even though is not possible). But there is only so much I can tell myself that "its my tactics", when the action on the pitch is telling a different story. Just so we are clear, I am not talking about winning games. I had 1 save in FM19, with AS Roma and I was quite succesful, winning the league 2 times in a row, UCL quater-final and then a semi-final, so success is not the issue here. The problem is how the final third looks like. Just so I don't write a long story again, I just went on your youtube channel, clicked a random video and took a screenshot. This screenshot in a nutshell is my problem with this ME. The width of play is literally 6-7 meters between the widest players on that pitch. I remember Barcelona - Inter Milano ... that famous game. Not even there have I seen such profanity. Yes, you can argue that it was an inferior opponent that has gone defensive, but it's the same / almost the same regardless. This is just how defending works in FM19. Of course NOTHING is going to come from the middle and every single ball is being played wide. Of course talented playmakers contribute just as much as Joey Barton would ... he could pass a ball wide as well. I mean ... I understand that SI are looking at numbers, but come on .. how long are we going to deny the obvious ?! I respect your opinions and I follow you on youtube for a while now and you have a great understanding of the game, but this is not about how we understand the tactics. 

Desktop Screenshot 2019.03.14 - 22.00.23.06.jpg

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, SebastianRO said:

Like I said before, to me personally, shooting from range was the very least of my concerns. What killed it for me, was an issue that transcends a simple conversation since it has to do with a very static final third (strikers especially) and almost non existent central play (verticality). Why is this happening ?

Amen brother! Everyone was trying to tell me it was my fault, WHEN I was sawing my strikers doing nothing (no matter forward player role in simple 442) and have HUGE distance from midfield.

Why SI doesn't have vertical and horizontal lines in each phase of play?
We have "Attack Narrow > Wide" and "Defend Narrow > Wide" in one way. Why not vertical?

I don't like the "tone" here from SI.
We are not here to insult you in a bad way. We want a better game and better game comes when you have open ears.
Stop playing gegenpress in comments please and listen: Vertical and horizontal lines are crucial.

Can someone at SI confirm if 19.3 will indeed be the final patch despite the overwhelming negativity towards the ME? Because if so I'm so so disappointed. I could go in and give feedback but it's all the same as the last few pages - forwards simply do not work at all (much better off playing a strikerless formation), long shots are stupidly OP and the final third movement is laughable. Mods posting screenshots of individual cherry-picked matches disputing this does nothing helpful. Anyone who plays the game for at least half a season can see the glaring errors.

FM19 was my first one since FM16, won't be buying again unless these ridiculous - and more pointedly, obvious - problems are fixed.

38 minutes ago, rjferguson90 said:

Can someone at SI confirm if 19.3 will indeed be the final patch despite the overwhelming negativity towards the ME? Because if so I'm so so disappointed. I could go in and give feedback but it's all the same as the last few pages - forwards simply do not work at all (much better off playing a strikerless formation), long shots are stupidly OP and the final third movement is laughable. Mods posting screenshots of individual cherry-picked matches disputing this does nothing helpful. Anyone who plays the game for at least half a season can see the glaring errors.

FM19 was my first one since FM16, won't be buying again unless these ridiculous - and more pointedly, obvious - problems are fixed.

image.thumb.png.627660d2e9f54d44fe9a68575279d1d6.png

Edited by optimusprimal82

1 hour ago, SebastianRO said:

This screenshot in a nutshell is my problem with this ME. The width of play is literally 6-7 meters between the widest players on that pitch. I remember Barcelona - Inter Milano ... that famous game. Not even there have I seen such profanity. Yes, you can argue that it was an inferior opponent that has gone defensive, but it's the same / almost the same regardless.Desktop Screenshot 2019.03.14 - 22.00.23.06.jpg

I think it would be fair to set the stage first. We were playing narrow with two IFs and two CWBs, my goal here was to congest central areas of the pitch so that they would be issues when they moved around and I could easily force errors from the team.

I think at the point where you took a snap of the game, the ball was already in the box and players were defending the area, which is what you would expect.

Now personally speaking the issue I have always had in this game is the 2D ratio to a real football pitch. Representing people as a disc is always a tricky business, and for years I have not been convinced that this is perfect. The size of that disc makes me think we could fit a few players in the spaces from the edges of the penalty area to the touchline when in reality normally you will find at most one player or maybe two sometimes closing down that area. 

Now if we take a look at Arsenal vs Rennes this is when Arsenal had the ball coming down from the sides, you can see by the positioning of the player in the far end of the picture that there isn't too much space between him and the penalty area, now when you look at the penalty area, that's the Rennes team defending, if you are not counting the fullback closing the ball carrier down everyone else is inside the box and there are even 2 arsenal players free.

58421373_Screenshot2019-03-15at11_23_42AM.thumb.png.2a4152e0697af2002b920195b4864985.png

I don't know whether its me, or its a personal perception bias, but I've always felt that the 2D screen is only useful for to get the "flow of the game" Here is another snap of the game. 1201122194_Screenshot2019-03-15at11_11_01AM.thumb.png.08c86cc8927ea75573f83d38bf1eac90.png

Was Celtic doing the right thing, they were sitting deep and playing a loose form of closing down, they committed their wider players to closing down and held the rest in check to make it harder for my team to play the ball through the middle

Here we are bringing the ball down from the left, the opposition is sitting deep and i fully expect them not to come out, so my goal was simple, play with more attacking options get everyone but the 2 defenders into and around the box, keep it narrow and force the Celtic players into mistakes in marking. Is 2D rendering of the game perfect or even accurate to what happens in real life. I don't think so. I think its only an approximation and as such i try and remember that when i am playing the game. I don't know how you feel about it. Celtic just got their defensive plan all wrong on the day, much like how Bayern got it all wrong against LFC.

4 hours ago, Rashidi said:

I think it would be fair to set the stage first. We were playing narrow with two IFs and two CWBs, my goal here was to congest central areas of the pitch so that they would be issues when they moved around and I could easily force errors from the team.

I think at the point where you took a snap of the game, the ball was already in the box and players were defending the area, which is what you would expect.

Now personally speaking the issue I have always had in this game is the 2D ratio to a real football pitch. Representing people as a disc is always a tricky business, and for years I have not been convinced that this is perfect. The size of that disc makes me think we could fit a few players in the spaces from the edges of the penalty area to the touchline when in reality normally you will find at most one player or maybe two sometimes closing down that area. 

Now if we take a look at Arsenal vs Rennes this is when Arsenal had the ball coming down from the sides, you can see by the positioning of the player in the far end of the picture that there isn't too much space between him and the penalty area, now when you look at the penalty area, that's the Rennes team defending, if you are not counting the fullback closing the ball carrier down everyone else is inside the box and there are even 2 arsenal players free.

58421373_Screenshot2019-03-15at11_23_42AM.thumb.png.2a4152e0697af2002b920195b4864985.png

I don't know whether its me, or its a personal perception bias, but I've always felt that the 2D screen is only useful for to get the "flow of the game" Here is another snap of the game. 1201122194_Screenshot2019-03-15at11_11_01AM.thumb.png.08c86cc8927ea75573f83d38bf1eac90.png

Was Celtic doing the right thing, they were sitting deep and playing a loose form of closing down, they committed their wider players to closing down and held the rest in check to make it harder for my team to play the ball through the middle

Here we are bringing the ball down from the left, the opposition is sitting deep and i fully expect them not to come out, so my goal was simple, play with more attacking options get everyone but the 2 defenders into and around the box, keep it narrow and force the Celtic players into mistakes in marking. Is 2D rendering of the game perfect or even accurate to what happens in real life. I don't think so. I think its only an approximation and as such i try and remember that when i am playing the game. I don't know how you feel about it. Celtic just got their defensive plan all wrong on the day, much like how Bayern got it all wrong against LFC.

This seems like the source of my frustrations, too. I really should switch to 3D, because the 2D representation can be a little bit misleading. Maybe it is even easier to spot huge reccuring tactical issues in 3D.

6 ore fa, rjferguson90 ha scritto:

[...] despite the overwhelming negativity towards the ME?

@warlock I'm sorry for quoting you but I think your post sums perfectly how perceptions of people can be easily misled

https://community.sigames.com/topic/453845-football-manager-2019-official-feedback-thread/?do=findComment&comment=11767708

15 minutes ago, Federico said:

@warlock I'm sorry for quoting you but I think your post sums perfectly how perceptions of people can be easily misled

https://community.sigames.com/topic/453845-football-manager-2019-official-feedback-thread/?do=findComment&comment=11767708

Exactly.

I play the game quite a lot (550 hours and counting) and I don't experience many of the issues that I've read about here. Or maybe I don't notice them, or that I somehow have managed to work around them without even thinking about it.

There are issues with the game, of course there is, but hyperbole such as that don't help at all. Speaking for "all" of the community, when there evidently is a very vocal minority that claim such things is just plain wrong.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb XaW:

Exactly.

I play the game quite a lot (550 hours and counting) and I don't experience many of the issues that I've read about here. Or maybe I don't notice them, or that I somehow have managed to work around them without even thinking about it.

There are issues with the game, of course there is, but hyperbole such as that don't help at all. Speaking for "all" of the community, when there evidently is a very vocal minority that claim such things is just plain wrong.

Lucky you. I love the game, but every four to five matches my goalkeeper runs out of the box with the ball in his hand and I concede a goal from the resulting freekick every time. It's really an exact copy of the same situation every time. That's pretty much the most annoying error I've experienced in a long time. I'd love to play the game but I really can't the way it is. What makes me puzzled is that this error only seems to occur to me. :idiot:

Edited by Guest

Have you ever thought there's something in your settings that could provoke this?

I'm sorry I don't mean to be harsh at all, but I'm just asking if this is something happening to you, then there's likely something wrong with your setup.

The most of people have some contradictions with their setups but jump at blaming the ME anyway (not your case).

vor 23 Minuten schrieb Federico:

Have you ever thought there's something in your settings that could provoke this?

I'm sorry I don't mean to be harsh at all, but I'm just asking if this is something happening to you, then there's likely something wrong with your setup.

The most of people have some contradictions with their setups but jump at blaming the ME anyway (not your case).

Yeah, I've thought about that, too. But I use a normal Sweeper Keeper without customized individual instructions. I have no idea what else could cause this. Besides, something like that shouldn't happen even if I had given "wrong" instructions. At least not that often. I've already reported the problem in the bug forum and it's logged, so it actually seems to be a bug, I think. Now I just hope that there will be a fix for it.

Edited by Guest

50 minutes ago, XaW said:

Exactly.

I take your point but it is not just the "vocal minority" on these forums who are unhappy with the ME in this game, I am in contact with a considerable amount of people on other mediums who have either stopped playing FM19 and are waiting to see what FM20 brings or have returned to playing an earlier version

1 hour ago, derTuchel said:

Lucky you. I love the game, but every four to five matches my goalkeeper runs out of the box with the ball in his hand and I concede a goal from the resulting freekick every time. It's really an exact copy of the same situation every time. That's pretty much the most annoying error I've experienced in a long time. I'd love to play the game but I really can't the way it is. What makes me puzzled is that this error only seems to occur to me. :idiot:

Yeah, I don't know what could cause such a thing. Hopefully, you have reported it so SI can investigate and see if there is an underlying isse that causes this.

Edit: Just noticed that you wrote in another post you had posted it. :thup:

43 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

I take your point but it is not just the "vocal minority" on these forums who are unhappy with the ME in this game, I am in contact with a considerable amount of people on other mediums who have either stopped playing FM19 and are waiting to see what FM20 brings or have returned to playing an earlier version

Of course there are others who are annoyed about this and many people on different sites or forums. But claiming that there exists an "overwhelming negativity towards the ME" is nothing more than hyperbole. Otherwise FM19 wouldn't be on Steam's most played-list pretty much every day since release. As I'm writing this there are 32k people playing it, with a peak today of 55k. That pretty much proves that a lot of people enjoy the game. Steam reviews are also "Mostly positive" with a 72% positive rating. If we compare that to FM18, there were 62% positive. For FM17, the reviews are no longer available, so I can't compare that.

All in all, my point it not to say that everyone should enjoy it, or that the game is flawless. What I'm saying is that hyperbole like "overwhelming negativity towards the ME" is just plain false. This does not discredit your or anyone else's issues with the game, but it proves that different people have different opinions of what is good and what is bad. And that no matter how anyone feel about the game, the criticism should always be constructive (i.e. what is wrong and how SHOULD it work). Several people in here have put forth great posts in regards to errors or improvements, but some just moan and spit bile, and that won't do anyone any good, neither short term or long.

Edited by XaW

vor 1 Stunde schrieb derTuchel:

Happens to me to occasionally but probably once or twice a Season or so...

...in all the discussion goin on how much is the Setting of the games Highlights that are displayed to the Players (i guess only very few play full game) influencing the preception of hte game?

Probably some Players see some situatons occur more than others for the settings and when it kicks in displaying a Scene to Screen.

1 minuto fa, jc1 ha scritto:

Enjoyment of winning games = 10/10

Enjoyment of watching games = 3/10

Frustration of seeing the same ME problems every game = 9/10

22/30. Overall a very positive feedback then :lol:

1 hour ago, derTuchel said:

I just played a match where my LB smashed the ball back to my Goalie from around 15 yds above head height, the keeper is near the edge of the box, he tries to reach the overly hit pass back but only parries it onto the oncoming forward who scores, thankfully we won the game 4-1 but WTF was my LB thinking of when he passed back with a thunderbolt pass back.

4 minutes ago, Federico said:

22/30. Overall a very positive feedback then :lol:

It would be but the last one isn't  positive feedback, if it was positive then frustration of game would be 2/10

2 hours ago, derTuchel said:

That at least proves the goalkeeper (your goalkeeper) doesn't know what he's doing and has no sense of the football rules during that moment, regardless of what tactics or settings there are given to him. so that makes one think he is stupid. :)

Edited by Arnoldzhu

I have played at least 1000hours on each of the 3 previous fm, and i have trouble to enjoy this fm 19. I know my opinion will not be popular, but i dont understand why SI changed the injuries frequency without letting a choice to the player. This game wants to be as realistic as possible, then why force players to have season with 90% injuries decrease. I dont understand. This would be simple to add an option letting the player choose. 

4 minutes ago, SpS_Zen said:

I have played at least 1000hours on each of the 3 previous fm, and i have trouble to enjoy this fm 19. I know my opinion will not be popular, but i dont understand why SI changed the injuries frequency without letting a choice to the player. This game wants to be as realistic as possible, then why force players to have season with 90% injuries decrease. I dont understand. This would be simple to add an option letting the player choose. 

You can always add your suggestion to the Feature Requests Forum if there is an aspect of the game you think would improve gameplay :thup:.

Injury frequencies in game tend to run at lower rates than real life injury rates.  If you have data which you believe shows too much variance, you are always welcome to upload your game save to the Bugs Forum - Training and Injuries section and let the SI developers take a look.

Regarding injuries atm i have 70% to 80% less than usual in the lower leagues and 55% to 65% less in the higher leagues though i do not "get stuck" in but "stay on feet".

The worst injuries usually happen when may Players receive a bad tackle and end up with broken legs or something alike.

In all the ~1500h playtime i never had a single Season with an abundance of injuries - maybe an abundance of Key Players injured as if they were especially targeted by hard tackles - but never in the Grand Sheme of Things and compared to reality - in that i have pretty much a very low injury rate by a big margin.

Il y a 2 heures, herne79 a dit :

You can always add your suggestion to the Feature Requests Forum if there is an aspect of the game you think would improve gameplay :thup:.

Already done in december!

So this was a first for me. Got a news story that my first choice Right Back is "furious" at me and blames me for not being selected for the National Team and that his NT career might be over. ALL MY FAULT. 

This is, notably, my ONLY right back. He has played in six consecutive competitive matches, five of which were starts. He has played in 28 competitive matches thru the season into March and only been a sub in two of those. I had to rotate him a bit in November because his fitness was barely getting back into the 80s. 

Really not sure what he is expecting....?

Same with another player, who identified that he wanted to leave as he was "homesick" just after the summer window closed. I promised to sell him and make repeated offers out. No one wants him. He gives me more time to keep the promise. I keep offering him out, willing to take a smidgen of his value. Winter window closes and my Ass Man tells me that that player appreciates that a reasonable effort was made.... but he is still furious with me for failing to sell him and will no longer interact with me. I'm waiting to have head a full on squad revolt over this, despite "being satisfied with the effort made". Also notable that he's out of contract in the summer. 

Player interactions and personality dynamics still feel buggy too often. I fully accept that even reasonable people sometimes do irrational and unreasonable things, but in a game, its pretty much impossible to differentiate between what's a bug and what's intended to be "player being unreasonable". 

On 15/03/2019 at 08:10, robot_skeleton said:

This seems like the source of my frustrations, too. I really should switch to 3D, because the 2D representation can be a little bit misleading. Maybe it is even easier to spot huge reccuring tactical issues in 3D.

Personally I couldn't imagine ever going back to 2D. The animations aren't perfect, but they usually make it clear when your players are doing something technically excellent or straightforward and whether your defenders are making it easy or hard for the opponent they're marking - even at super high speed you get some idea.

2 hours ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Player interactions and personality dynamics still feel buggy too often. I fully accept that even reasonable people sometimes do irrational and unreasonable things, but in a game, its pretty much impossible to differentiate between what's a bug and what's intended to be "player being unreasonable". 

This is very true. It's hard to know whether the player is being unreasonable because they have an attitude problem or because the game parameters aren't set right without knowing their hidden attributes (and sometimes when it's players you created yourself, their actions are very, very unexpected)

17 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

If the extra 12% of your goals come from free kicks that's a way bigger issue than anyone realized.

Yeh, 10 goals out of 42 from outside the box including direct free kicks.  Way bigger ;).

South American teams have the option to arrange warm weather camps, which is unrealistic since it's already warm around the time the option arises, the pool of countries to visit is also unrealistic being the same as European teams. :)

3 hours ago, herne79 said:

Yeh, 10 goals out of 42 from outside the box including direct free kicks.  Way bigger ;).

Yes. Almost 25% of goals outside the box is double the average from real life. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but that's a massive difference.

5 hours ago, RocheBag said:

Yes. Almost 25% of goals outside the box is double the average from real life. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but that's a massive difference.

Surely it depends on the team? Celtic, for a spell, relied entirely on goals outside the box as they were so dominant teams were completely overcrowding the box so they had no choice.

Never sure why people look at one season of English football and use that as the standard of "what's normal".

Just going off topic, but i couldn't help thinking about it, thought I'd share this information.

Funny thing about shots from outside the box. Recently i was having a chat with an NBA basketball coach and he was telling him about how much the NBA has changed. In the 70s-80s players were told regularly to go for the two point shot, the 3 point basket was a luxury, but in the last 10 years or so, the technical skills of players have gone up so much that now players are coming out of college shooting 3 points like its in their DNA .  In football, the balls that are being used in the champions league and in the premier league are different this year. UEFA wanted the balls to have a more unpredictable ball flight. Keepers were complaining in the last world cup that they were hard to judge. Over the weekend I saw a world class goalkeeper misjudge the flight of a ball because it swerved towards the end. Today clubs are actually telling their players who are decent at shooting from outside the box, to take the shot. Man City actually have a training session where they practice creating space for the long shot. 

In this case was SI just being a bit too enthusiastic at tweaking the game so that more long shots were being attempted? I am glad that i am seeing some long shots from corners, cos that is happening, just wished i could train > defend against the long shot as a training routine, instead of assigning the right players to edge of area and go back. 

7 hours ago, RocheBag said:

Did you look at my original post?  The one where I posted 2 shot maps of matches played showing best and worst examples of actual shots during a match?  Or are you just looking at some statistic?

People seem to be focussing on more than 75% of my goals being from inside the box rather than where shots are actually being taken from, which I thought was the issue.  Look at the shot maps and tell me I have an issue with long shots :thup:.

And if you really want to focus on the 10 goals from outside the box, some context:  3 were direct free kicks, 3 were shots following corners leaving just 4 from open play.  Personally I don't see that as a big issue.  Statistics are meaningless without context.

2 ore fa, herne79 ha scritto:

And if you really want to focus on the 10 goals from outside the box, some context:  3 were direct free kicks, 3 were shots following corners leaving just 4 from open play.  Personally I don't see that as a big issue.  Statistics are meaningless without context.

to stick to context and get a bit clearer picture, you should also check how many  goals from inside the box were scored from set pieces.

2 hours ago, MBarbaric said:

to stick to context and get a bit clearer picture, you should also check how many  goals from inside the box were scored from set pieces.

But the topic at hand is long shots?

Anyway regardless, we're getting off the point here.  That point being that if anyone has an issue with how their team is playing - be that long shots, strikers scoring or whatever - then head over to the Tactics forum.  You may not resolve your issues, but then again you just might :thup:.

Il 14/3/2019 in 13:32 , Weller1980 ha scritto:

I've not just checked my own stats but also looked at AI controlled teams and roughly 25% of goals scored in the current ME are from outside of the box, is this too high?

Il 14/3/2019 in 13:34 , herne79 ha scritto:

Re. the long shots "issue" which people see for their own team (not AI teams) which has been mentioned above.

as I understood the original point was about long shots in general after which you derailed it to not AI teams. And we still don't know if you have a long shot issue since you don't say how many goals from set pieces you scored ;D 

Regarding the long shot goals in real, it is about 12% on average from open play. 

Up to 24% isn't unheard of for specific teams. Anything above that has less than 1.4% (or was it 1.8?) chance of happening in real.

So, if whole league has around 24% long shots from open play, it is way off target. 

26 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

as I understood the original point was about long shots in general after which you derailed it to not AI teams

If you really think I'm "derailing" this thread you are missing the point that all I'm doing is offering people help (and not reading back far enough).

Carry on quoting statistics all you like, the fact remains there are tactical things we can do which may help relieve the issue.

8 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Just going off topic, but i couldn't help thinking about it, thought I'd share this information.

Funny thing about shots from outside the box. Recently i was having a chat with an NBA basketball coach and he was telling him about how much the NBA has changed. In the 70s-80s players were told regularly to go for the two point shot, the 3 point basket was a luxury, but in the last 10 years or so, the technical skills of players have gone up so much that now players are coming out of college shooting 3 points like its in their DNA .  In football, the balls that are being used in the champions league and in the premier league are different this year. UEFA wanted the balls to have a more unpredictable ball flight. Keepers were complaining in the last world cup that they were hard to judge. Over the weekend I saw a world class goalkeeper misjudge the flight of a ball because it swerved towards the end. Today clubs are actually telling their players who are decent at shooting from outside the box, to take the shot. Man City actually have a training session where they practice creating space for the long shot. 

In this case was SI just being a bit too enthusiastic at tweaking the game so that more long shots were being attempted? I am glad that i am seeing some long shots from corners, cos that is happening, just wished i could train > defend against the long shot as a training routine, instead of assigning the right players to edge of area and go back. 

Not trying to be anal, but 3P shooting in modern NBA doesn't depend on 'technical skills of players going up so much', at all. Larry Bird for example was one of the greatest shooters in history yet only averaged a couple of attempts per game in his career; today below average shooters like Blake Griffin (a Power Forward) take over 6 3P shots per game. This is because of new philosophies like so called 'Moreyball', and especially use of advanced stats and metrics (similar to what happened in Baseball). Basically players (even non-shooters) are encouraged to take threes because it's statistically more convenient than taking mid-range shots or long 2's, though they're also encouraged to finish at the rim and/or gain free throws. This is also because of modern use and interpretation of Pick and Roll, which is also greatly encouraged thanks to new rules and modern ways of officiating the game (e.g. no more hand-check, zone defence now allowed, loose interpretation of travelling, modern on-ball screens that give huge advantage to ball handlers, and were clearly illegal 20 years ago). Players like Larry Bird or Mark Price would take 10 three pointers per game if they played today; a non-natural shooter like Michael Jordan would probably shoot even more taking advantage of modern rules and modern style of playing (PnR, pace and space, loose defence).

Out of curiosity, do you regularly chat with NBA coaches??? Which ones?

More man management garbage. Almost my entire squad complains because I left a player off the Europa League squad. He's my 3rd choice RB, he started maybe 5 matches last season and 1 month into this season he's started 0. Why is everyone so angry? If they thought so much of him before shouldn't they have been angry he gets no playing time? The whole thing makes no sense. He's never complained about playing time and there was zero warning something like this would happen. It's ridiculous.

Also, a small point on the ME. Deep crosses to the far post seem to create significantly more goals than IRL. But this has been the case for many iterations of FM so maybe that's why nobody is harping on it.

5 hours ago, jujigatame said:

More man management garbage. Almost my entire squad complains because I left a player off the Europa League squad. He's my 3rd choice RB, he started maybe 5 matches last season and 1 month into this season he's started 0. Why is everyone so angry? If they thought so much of him before shouldn't they have been angry he gets no playing time? The whole thing makes no sense. He's never complained about playing time and there was zero warning something like this would happen. It's ridiculous.

Also, a small point on the ME. Deep crosses to the far post seem to create significantly more goals than IRL. But this has been the case for many iterations of FM so maybe that's why nobody is harping on it.

Yep yep

Will there be another small match engine update, fixing obvious bugs like the goalkeeper running out of the box with the ball in his hands, before FM20? I just want to know whether I will finally be able to play FM19 after waiting for nearly five months after buying the game? With bugs like the one mentioned happening far too often, I'm not able to enjoy this otherwise great game.

2 minutes ago, derTuchel said:

Will there be another small match engine update, fixing obvious bugs like the goalkeeper running out of the box with the ball in his hands, before FM20? I just want to know whether I will finally be able to play FM19 after waiting for nearly five months after buying the game? With bugs like the one mentioned happening far too often, I'm not able to enjoy this otherwise great game.

No further ME changes before FM20

18 hours ago, jujigatame said:

I've just finished my season in Andorra and for the second season in a row the player with the most assist (by far) was my left wing back (attack). Had 23 assists (18, in the previous season) and apart from 2 or 3 crosses from free kicks, all of them have been diagonal crosses to the far post.

I play a narrow 433 with no wingers and although this was somehow the intended behavior, I do think it is a bit too much.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Cadoni:

No further ME changes before FM20

How do you know that, are you involved in making the game? I was hoping to get an answer by a developer.

3 minutes ago, derTuchel said:

How do you know that, are you involved in making the game? I was hoping to get an answer by a developer.

image.png.435212a022c41e7901aadd932b654d

vor 22 Minuten schrieb Cadoni:

image.png.435212a022c41e7901aadd932b654d

What a shame. I mean, of course there are some balancing problems people complain about like every year. I get that those are hard to fix and take a long time of adjustment which they don't have due to FM20 development. But there are also clear bugs left in the game, like the keeper running out of box with the ball in his hands, which happens very often to me. Bugs like this shouldn't take too much time to fix and shouldn't have any noteworthy effect on the balancing, too. So I don't think it's okay to allow these clear bugs to persist.

You call the goalie "running out of the box with the ball in his hands" a clear bug, I find strange I have never seen that happening in the tens of saves I started since November.

It doesn't seem to be a common bug so id strongly suggest you, if you haven't did it before, to raise a thread in the bugs forum.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Federico:

You call the goalie "running out of the box with the ball in his hands" a clear bug, I find strange I have never seen that happening in the tens of saves I started since November.

It doesn't seem to be a common bug so id strongly suggest you, if you haven't did it before, to raise a thread in the bugs forum.

Already done and logged by the developers. If they nonetheless decide not to fix it, it's very frustrating.

I've started two saves and it happens like every 4-5 matches. And I always! concede a goal from the following free kick. That is the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced in over ten years of playing FM.

Edited by Guest