Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

11 часов назад, BlairNo.1 сказал:

Maybe people are forgetting that this is a computer game that costs approx £35. You pay this amount once per year and get endless hours of play from the game.

Price of FM is a separate holywar actually. Steam reviews looks like auction with attempts to estimate a price of FM :D 
Its look like DLC with 27537 messages only in Bugs Forum after Private and Open Beta. Another thing that FM has unique AI. For example in Stellaris AI still has an issues about strategic planning, low art of war and management.
I really like guys from ME Team and guys from team which works on AI management too. New training system. A lot of things. Neil told about thousands edits which were in last patch only. Its insane.

On the other hand - for me is totally incomprehensible how it possible to sale a game with 2-years old interface issues and some other issues too.
But honestly our choice is small in all senses. As it turned out I paid for FM19 just for report about some bugs and appreciate ME of FM18 which I not really like before :D
A lot of people like ME of FM19 - lucky bast good for them! But argumeent like '
Maybe people are forgetting that this is a computer game that costs approx £35' is strange for me, especially in Feedback Thread lol

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Federico said:

Absolutely not.

I'm not sure why you would want to do that anyway. Just play that game.

fairly straightforward reason tbh , i like everything about this game apart from the me ruins it for me, apologies for having sparked such indignation

No problem.

Not indignated but surprised by so many people wanting to play earlier FMs (and they feel the need to tell anyone on this forum they're gonna play FMx) when they were judged the worst ever in those times. But hey, your choice! I hope you'll enjoy it :thup:

Every year the ME has some bug, strange behavior. It's quite normal for something that's so complex and has to achieve some kind of balance. You get used to it and in the end you find a way of having fun with it. For me this year's ME beyond things that are absolutely true in my experience and have been discussed here in frustrating detail (crazy woodwork, strikers not finishing a large amount of clear chances, lack of final third movement and through balls...), the biggest problem, the bottom line is I'm not having fun. At all. And with the latest update perhaps the attack is a touch better, but I assume out of fear of the consequences of alowing just a little more freedom it would result in too much goals, I rarely see games with more than 2,3,4 goals max scored between the two teams, managed by me or AI.

My only feedback for FM20 which I'm not buying until I read a lot of positive feedback about the ME is: this is a game ultimately, so please make it fun. 

Edited by Nil14

9 hours ago, Preveza said:

- defensive line stupidly gravitate towards ball carrier leaving huge space to exploit on the other wing (sometimes youcan see 5-6 players running towards the ball carrier effectively removing all of them from play)

Indeed. The last time I saw a defensive line move laterally in such a uniform fashion was when I used to play this:

Image result for table football

Guys because I don't have much time could you inform me if the new patch fixed the long shot problem that made the game unplayable?I do not want to start a new save and waste my time finding the same bugs that made me stop the game since December..Thank you in advance

3 hours ago, Nil14 said:

My only feedback for FM20 which I'm not buying until I read a lot of positive feedback about the ME is: this is a game ultimately, so please make it fun. 

While there's nothing to argue with in your post, I'd pick up on this.  Never take any kind of feedback you hear in here as gospel, whether it's positive or negative.  Particularly with the ME.  Every time a new edition is released, you'll be able to play the demo that will tell you how the ME plays.  Always form your own opinions, rather than taking others.  Because other people are usually wrong on subjective things :)

1 hour ago, Alekos said:

Guys because I don't have much time could you inform me if the new patch fixed the long shot problem that made the game unplayable?I do not want to start a new save and waste my time finding the same bugs that made me stop the game since December..Thank you in advance

You dont have to start a new save unless you want transfers from jan till now. It's slightly lowered to a reasonable amount but you do get some freak goals still. Its playable now imo because i stopped playing for that reason too and started again recently to find it alot better. 

On 12/03/2019 at 18:46, GunmaN1905 said:

This is the definiteve proof that something's wrong with strikers, at least in Serie A.
fCruHXq.png

CR plays on the wing and has 6 penalty goals.
So, no striker in the whole league has more than 11 non-penalty goals after 30 games!
And half of those goals they score are probably after set-pieces.

Every mid-lower table team sets up so defenisvely that it's impossible to create a normal tactic in this ME that would allow strikers to score.
Even when they get the chances, it's like 20% conversion ratio. Inexcusable.

I've played like 10ish Serie A season since the game was released and it's always like this.

This is the state of the Serie A in my Leipzig save. Dont see anything wrong so far, will see how it is at the end of the season.

745836173_ItalianSerieA_StatsPlayerDetailed-2.thumb.png.ac62ed55d66512fae9990e56ea9db1d6.png

Btw. very nice you have the german 3.Liga officially in the game, much apreciated.

PS: Uli Hoeneß by this time has for sure his Head becoming a red lightbulb as he for sure thought they would beat Liverpool out of the CL but the guy has become old and out of this world and so it is Germany None - England Won and no more excuses for the Bundesliga left!

Congratulation Premier League and Liverpool!

8 hours ago, Alekos said:

The long shot problem isn't an issue now for me, if you have set the right defensive line and understand how to manage your line of engagement you should be fine. I have rarely conceded long shots in the latest match engine. Its really about managing the horizontal channels. Its noticeably more challenging when you are not playing with a DM in that position. Overall though I am not sure if the demo is on the latest patch, but it certainly started producing matches where i have not conceded from long shots in a while.

Corners are a different matter, cos you can only do so much, They aren't perfect, and in most cases we do well enough to prevent long shots, but its either me defending against the long shot or doing enough to protect the three zones which are deadly in the box, near, far and centre.  Still though, I would recommend giving the demo a go. Even on 1926, which should be the last patch before they rolled it into retail i was doing ok, the latest patch just made the edge of area players react a tab bit faster.

I would recommend you give it a whirl at least. And just consider how you would defend long shots and set the corners up accordingly, and don't forget the indirect and wide freekicks, there is one spot there that needs to be defended too.

57 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

The long shot problem isn't an issue now for me, if you have set the right defensive line and understand how to manage your line of engagement you should be fine. I have rarely conceded long shots in the latest match engine. Its really about managing the horizontal channels. Its noticeably more challenging when you are not playing with a DM in that position. Overall though I am not sure if the demo is on the latest patch, but it certainly started producing matches where i have not conceded from long shots in a while.

Corners are a different matter, cos you can only do so much, They aren't perfect, and in most cases we do well enough to prevent long shots, but its either me defending against the long shot or doing enough to protect the three zones which are deadly in the box, near, far and centre.  Still though, I would recommend giving the demo a go. Even on 1926, which should be the last patch before they rolled it into retail i was doing ok, the latest patch just made the edge of area players react a tab bit faster.

I would recommend you give it a whirl at least. And just consider how you would defend long shots and set the corners up accordingly, and don't forget the indirect and wide freekicks, there is one spot there that needs to be defended too.

I think he means scoring long shots and not conceding them.

Not saying there isn't a problem/there is a problem/it's a cure etc - we all have our own opinions - but to try and mitigate if you see your striker missing a lot of one on ones, consider teaching him a trait/ppm that encourages him to do more than just 'hit ball at keeper'; examples such as 'places shots' or 'likes to round/lob keeper' would be my suggestions, with the former my preferred option.

Edited by optimusprimal82

21 hours ago, Federico said:

No problem.

Not indignated but surprised by so many people wanting to play earlier FMs (and they feel the need to tell anyone on this forum they're gonna play FMx) when they were judged the worst ever in those times. But hey, your choice! I hope you'll enjoy it :thup:

I assume he wants just the match engine from, for example, FM17. FM19 with the match engine of FM17 would be good. That was the best version I've played. I've no idea how they got the point of the match engine being so good then managed to wreck it.

Edited by Tiger666

8 hours ago, jc1 said:

After half a season this is my thoughts.

Strikers are totally unable to score one on ones, nope lets just run through and kick it straight at the keeper, never go round the keeper or attempt to shoot it at an angle past the keeper, just kick it right at him. The only time they score is from a cross or penalty.

I subscribe to this. I haven't seen strikers going round the keepers consistently (when one on ones) since FM13 or something ridiculous like that. I have asked every striker that I had (WHO had speed and technique) to learn Round the Keeper when one on one, but .... I'm just not seing it. And I'm talking about every single edition since FM13/14, maybe even 12.

I think that one of the reasons for this is the way keepers react to one on ones. I had proper Sweeper Keepers with all the right attributes to play the role and even though the opponent's striker managed to break through my very high defensive line, he did nothing. He didn't rush out (that would have maybe forced the striker into rounding him or trying a lob, but since he didn't do any rushing ... the striker had no one to go round to ...

Another observation, team has a throw in almost level with the 18yd box and the taker has a player 4-5 yards away totally unmarked, every single opposition player is camped in their penalty box, this just would not happen, this also occurs when you take a short corner, no one attempts to close you down, they're happy enough for you to do this freely, obviously a bug which every knows about as I use Knapp's 4-2-4 custom tactic.

2 ore fa, Tiger666 ha scritto:

I assume he wants just the match engine from, for example, FM17. FM19 with the match engine of FM17 would be good. That was the best version I've played. I've no idea how they got the point of the match engine being so good then managed to wreck it.

Fair enough, I sometimes launch FM07 for a good-old-times-ride :)

But still what let me puzzled is how FM17 is now aknowledged for having a great ME, and when it was released the criticisms were pretty much the same we're reading today about FM19.

I just think some people will never be happy with the game, whatever SI does, whatever it changes or whatever they improve. Some edition might be better than another, this happens with movies, musical bands, books and videogames as well.

The fact is that every year FM turns to be the worst ever for some people. And the previous chapter switches to be automatically better/the best... when just few months earlier it was blamed and pointed as the worst ever.

So for me all these discussions become silly and useless. They turn to be void and inconsistent because based on pre-concepts.

Just my opinion about the whole thing.

Don't take it personal, I'm not attacking you or anyone specifically.

So cool down.

If you enjoy FM17 more than FM19, fair play and have fun. I don't really care. Just don't think that just because you like it, this can apply to anyone.

What puzzles me, again, is that every year the ME is criticized. Whatever the changes. If someone (not you specifically!) complains the ME every year marking it as the worst ever, it can't be the best the following one I think.

This ME is not perfect, no ME was ever, but:

- I like nice shots from distance (and I'm perfectly fine with them, no "long shots" galore at all so this makes me think.... could it be my tactic?)

- Free kicks are finally scored.

- When I want my team to defend I'm finally able to see my team defending for real (in my opinion both "park the bus" and "catenaccio" styles work beautifully).

- Headers on goal

No ME related:

- New tactic options

- New trainings (love them!)

Yeah I like FM19 and for me is the best of the last 3-4 editions.

En 13/3/2019 a las 0:20, yezzko dijo:

More observations:

- players trying to cross the ball despite opponent standing half a meter from them
- players crossing the ball with their weaker foot instead of cutting the ball to their preferred foot
- players opting for longshot by the edge of the box despite having clear options for through ball into the box
- defensive line stupidly gravitate towards ball carrier leaving huge space to exploit on the other wing (sometimes youcan see 5-6 players running towards the ball carrier effectively removing all of them from play)
- volley shots when ball is comming from behind the player (just concedeed a goal when player volleyd a ball hit from 40m behind him while he never looked at the ball until he hit it in the net like nothing, Van Persie's goal looks like poor cousin in comparison, whole situation looks incredibly unrealistic)

- players returning to their designated positions after set piece, they completely ignore opponent ball carier and just run by like getting back to default position is the most important thing to do

- players running with ball at their feet during counter attack after set piece never pass the ball despite having options, every single one of these counter attacks ends up in the ball carrier being tackled

I completely agree on all of this. Particularly, the high amount of longshots is driving me crazy

Re. the long shots "issue" which people see for their own team (not AI teams) which has been mentioned above.  These are examples from one of my saves:

Goal Locations (last 15 matches):

7MC7cHp.png

The best example of shots during a match I could find:

osu0Q5Z.png

The worst example of shots during a match I could find:

QHUmaRn.png

I'm not trying to say "it's your tactics".  Clearly there are examples of players choosing to shoot when there are arguably better passing options regardless of your tactic.  The frequency of this could cause issues.  I see it myself (although not often) and when I do I tend to take the usual real life manager approach to it - "wtf are you doing Charlie, pass the ball!" 

But I've said it before and I'll say it again - there is a tactical help forum just two clicks away and typically speaking the people who make such posts have never looked for help there.  You may not find a resolution, but unless you try you'll never know.  What have you got to lose because as you can see, I don't have a problem with long shots.

38 minuti fa, Weller1980 ha scritto:

I've not just checked my own stats but also looked at AI controlled teams and roughly 25% of goals scored in the current ME are from outside of the box, is this too high?

In last three seasons of the EPL, long shot goals accumulate to about 12% of all goals. This season it is currently 13%

Spoiler

17_18.thumb.png.7dcb621370b57699a79f3cd58a0a6ead.png

2017_2018

16_17.thumb.png.93ac269bc21cfe4ebd082554138aef33.png

2016_2017

15_16.thumb.png.41e432ef2eda4c6aebceffc614c69031.png

2015_2016

The problem is, the stats you get from the game include set pieces goals so not really comparable.  I did a research a few pages back and while I can't remember exact numbers, I think the conclusion was that in most extreme circumstances (less than 2% chance) the team could be expected to score up to 24% of their goals from outside the box. so, to have the whole league on 24% would be way off the real stats.

Edited by MBarbaric

44 minuti fa, herne79 ha scritto:

Re. the long shots "issue" which people see for their own team (not AI teams) which has been mentioned above.  These are examples from one of my saves:

7MC7cHp.png

But I've said it before and I'll say it again - there is a tactical help forum just two clicks away and typically speaking the people who make such posts have never looked for help there.  You may not find a resolution, but unless you try you'll never know.  What have you got to lose because as you can see, I don't have a problem with long shots.

man, you get 23.8% of goals from long shots. you should visit tactics forum ;D

2 hours ago, Federico said:

Don't take it personal, I'm not attacking you or anyone specifically.

So cool down.

If you enjoy FM17 more than FM19, fair play and have fun. I don't really care. Just don't think that just because you like it, this can apply to anyone.

What puzzles me, again, is that every year the ME is criticized. Whatever the changes. If someone (not you specifically!) complains the ME every year marking it as the worst ever, it can't be the best the following one I think.

This ME is not perfect, no ME was ever, but:

- I like nice shots from distance (and I'm perfectly fine with them, no "long shots" galore at all so this makes me think.... could it be my tactic?)

- Free kicks are finally scored.

- When I want my team to defend I'm finally able to see my team defending for real (in my opinion both "park the bus" and "catenaccio" styles work beautifully).

- Headers on goal

No ME related:

- New tactic options

- New trainings (love them!)

Yeah I like FM19 and for me is the best of the last 3-4 editions.

The ME will always be an issue though, the SI strive to make every FM better if not improve on areas where the previous version was poor at. However, all those things you just mentioned practically happens in a much fluid and "eye glazing" way that makes it look great on the eye. Yes 17 is out of date in terms of defensive, formation structure but the ME is a big part of the game where it's the core for most players and the game itself. Without it or even being poor would hinder the success of the version which is what we see now for 19 all be it a minority in the forums. Each FM is different for it's version and updated things like the training, dynamics and even structure of formations. But there's a downside- some of the stuff shown doesn't/didn't do what it says, the defensive line seems to be hindered by constant defenders move behind or over leaving spaces and "run at teams" seems to be applicable to all players now and not just the mid/attackers etc. All im saying is that 17 is the best of what we have so far in terms of ME and basic modern styles, 19 could've been more but fell behind. It's all about preference at the end of the day and most people would prefer the ME to be the main thing or for those that know what it is and know of it. The less issues with the ME and the better it is in terms of fluidity and different options of passing, creating, skills, shooting/scoring etc the better the overall gauge of the version imo. 

1 hour ago, MBarbaric said:

man, you get 23.8% of goals from long shots. you should visit tactics forum ;D

2 hours ago, MBarbaric said:

The problem is, the stats you get from the game include set pieces goals so not really comparable.

Yeh them pesky free kicks messing things up ;).

That's absolutely mind blowing to come in here and read the same problem that were already talked about in FM16 (and for some of them, it's the same issue since Championship Manager 02-03).

I hesitated to buy the game, well now I know I won't buy it. There is no effort put into this game anymore. At least no effort to finally fix big problems.

The longer i play the more it's starting to bother me the fact that strikers are not performing as good as they should. Last years FM had issues with too few goals from free kicks but it was not that glaringly obvious and you could really immerse yourself out of that shortcoming.

The same cannot be said for FM 19 :(  since a core part of football is not acting properly. Are SI happy with how the ME for FM 19 is in it's current form?

Edited by andu1

8 minutes ago, Romano338 said:

The striker issue was already true in FM16. And maybe before since I hadn't played since like 2005. Again, an issue that has been in the game for years. Some are here since the Championship Manager series.

Try the FM17 if you haven't played it. You will have a blast. You will love the movement in the final third and the striker positioning. The difference in this regard (between FM16/19 and FM17) is so big, it can't be overstated. The gmae is also very stable overall, rarely if ever will you get the occasional crash and it doesn't have any game-breaking bugs whatsoever; the interface is good, but the one thing about FM17 is that the ME truly and absolutly shines (especially when compared to this oneand FM16).

Edited by SebastianRO

2 minutes ago, Romano338 said:

Meh I don't know, I played 16, a bit of 18, and I couldn't have fun on any of those.

Oh mate, it is nothing like it, it's like remembering how having fun feels like :). I gave FM16 about 200 hours, but because those absurd crosses and wide spaces I gave up on it and went back to FM15 (which was allright), then FM17 came and I was the enjoying every second of it, I can't express it enough. Then I bought the FM18, played it for about 400 hours ... but something was missing ... those intricate play in the final third. It was there ... but mostly in the wide areas. So, I went back to FM17 .... and guess what .. Im still there, with more than 2000 hours played. The only reason I am trying to persuade you into buying it, is to actually have fun and enjoy it. Believe it or not, there is an incredible FM edition from time to time, who would have thought ?! just kidding ... kinda :brock:

But seriously, just get it with 0 hesitation, play it and if you don't like it, I will pay it for you :) That's how confident I am.

hace 4 horas, herne79 dijo:

7MC7cHp.png

The best example of shots during a match I could find:

osu0Q5Z.png

The worst example of shots during a match I could find:

QHUmaRn.png

I'm not trying to say "it's your tactics".  Clearly there are examples of players choosing to shoot when there are arguably better passing options regardless of your tactic.  The frequency of this could cause issues.  I see it myself (although not often) and when I do I tend to take the usual real life manager approach to it - "wtf are you doing Charlie, pass the ball!" 

I do complain about the number of long-range shots.

My perception is that my tactical choice of "not shooting from long distances (or however it is called)" is completely useless. The players simply don't seem to follow the instructions. That's it. This is what I complain about. If I play slow, possession style, balanced mindset and 4 offensive players (many passing options), why Messi (smart player on the field) tries so often from long distance? 

In previous versions of FM, like FM2017, I understood that players with poor decision-making were prone to try absurd long shots. In FM2019 I have all sorts of players (including "smart ones") trying too often, including completely crazy attempts from furtheraway.

It might be my fault. It is completely possible. It just seems that my previous knowledge about FM (about 10k hours played) is not sufficient to tell my players what to do in the pitch, which is something to think about...

Bests

Just now, sergivela said:

I do complain about the number of long-range shots.

My perception is that my tactical choice of "not shooting from long distances (or however it is called)" is completely useless. The players simply don't seem to follow the instructions. That's it. This is what I complain about. If I play slow, possession style, balanced mindset and 4 offensive players (many passing options), why Messi (smart player on the field) tries so often from long distance? 

In previous versions of FM, like FM2017, I understood that players with poor decision-making were prone to try absurd long shots. In FM2019 I have all sorts of players (including "smart ones") trying too often, including completely crazy attempts from furtheraway.

It might be my fault. It is completely possible. It just seems that my previous knowledge about FM (about 10k hours played) is not sufficient to tell my players what to do in the pitch, which is something to think about...

Bests

Players will still shoot if they a) don't have options, b) don't see the options or c) they're not allowed to use the options they do have.

Just now, Romano338 said:

We can. Problem is: SiGames won't do anything about those issues we report.

They do. Again - feedback on FM19, please. There are also needs to be a realisation of time scales, what's possible, what isn't and even the fact that some of it is our own doing.

14 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

They do. Again - feedback on FM19, please. There are also needs to be a realisation of time scales, what's possible, what isn't and even the fact that some of it is our own doing.

surely its fair enough if people cant enjoy the game and its clear there will be no further updates, then trying to recommend alternatives to our fellow FMrs is okay ?

4 minutes ago, tommcneil1992 said:

surely its fair enough if people cant enjoy the game and its clear there will be no further updates, then trying to recommend alternatives to our fellow FMrs is okay ?

This is the thread for feedback on FM19. If you're not enjoying it and even better, if you can state why, that's what's beneficial. If you want to recommend something, do it in a PM or different thread. This is still feedback on FM19 so not the place for FM17.

39 minutes ago, sergivela said:

and @andu1 @SebastianRO

You're right, it is something to think about.  It may also be our fault. Or a combination of factors.  All I advise is start a thread in Tactics & Training.  Perhaps you won't get help to relieve your issues (possible) but perhaps you will.

Obviously I can't speak specifically about the issues you or anyone else is seeing because I don't know what system you are using, however generally speaking some things to consider:

- Work Ball Into Box can be a poison chalice, especially against deep sitting teams.  If all your passing around the box doesn't find an opening, guess what happens...

- Player attributes can have an impact.  Low Team Work in a player?  They may ignore your tactical instructions (eg., - you guessed it - Work Ball Into Box) and do their own thing (shoot).  Poor Decision making?  They may not make the right choice and shoot.  Bad Vision?  They may not see the pass and shoot.  Even if a player has 20/20 in all those areas, they may still make a bad decision and shoot because players aren't robots nor are they perfect.  That's just some examples.

- Hidden attributes such as Pressure and Consistency could affect things.  Perhaps the player felt pressured into taking a shot.

- Morale and body language.

- High Tempo?  Players make snap decisions, perhaps the wrong one.  Combine that with players who have low Composure and things can quickly go south.

Then you get into other areas such as player Traits and risk taking through Mentality settings.  Not to mention player roles and duties, all of which can have an impact.  And I haven't even mentioned (although @HUNT3R did)

48 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Players will still shoot if they a) don't have options, b) don't see the options or c) they're not allowed to use the options they do have.

all of which involves other player movement covering all kinds of tactical instructions and player attributes (off the ball, anticipation etc).

And then we get onto the opposition and what their defence are up to.

Now ok that's all a bit too involved and too much to think about.  It really isn't that complicated and we certainly don't need to always be thinking about that.  But hopefully it demonstrates how involved things can be and how much ground there is to cover before we can simply blame the ME. 

Regardless of how many hours you've put in or how much someone just wants to blame the ME, try the Tactics forum.

2 часа назад, PulpoCris сказал:

Thanks for the reply. I use the FM 19 and saw all the youtubers that the same thing happens to him. Does not it happen to you?

Not really. I had the same issue in FM18 and solution was change graphics. Issue happened in ultra and media graphics, all work fine in Huge and Low graphics as I remember. Did you check it?

Edited by Novem9

2 hours ago, SebastianRO said:

: Feedback, is only useful, when the company (in this case SI) is prepared to officialy aknowledge a problem when it is obvious that it is a problem. Every year I read this section and every single time when people were really unhappy about something in such large numbers, that issue was present in the game and it wasn't about tactics. It wasn't aknowledged by SI of course, at best it was somehow aknowledged, but at the same time they downplayed it, like it was something minor. Moderators always ask for constructive feedback, but not once you see SI saying something clear about it. All we get is "we'll look into it" and that's it. Sorry, but when people are telling you about the same exact issue in over 70 forum pages, how can you still be in the look into stage ? How can mods still send people to the tactics and training section, like we need to be reeducated about football tactics just so we can actually make half a sense of FM19. I honestly didn't want to write all this and I take no ofense in what you said because I know you are only trying to help. My gripe is not with you, is with SI.

And i am sure they appreciate your feedback. Every year, we have a feedback thread that runs into pages of comments, both good and bad. It happens every year.  SI do participate where they can and when they can, but i don't know if you are aware, there were 400 000 changes made in the patch update for 19.3. With the volume of changes made I am sure they want to help people out, however there is only so much they can do.  While there are people here in the open forums who are clearly unhappy with the game, there are people who are also in the private forums who are happy with the engine. It's a strange slope to be on for a developer. Internally they are playing the game, watching pkms as a group analysing them and looking at fixes where they are needed. Where the experience isn't common to them, they will probably try and explain that it could be the system a player uses. Sometimes the interpretation of the incident can be different. The developers could say, Player X did not step up because of Incident A, but the person who submitted the issue may not agree. This even boils down to interpretations of what' happening on the football pitch in real life. Two people at a football game probably see a "key moment" differently. Some people may think LFC were brilliant against Bayern, when others could just say, Bayern were woeful hellbent on staying in their own half, they never posed a threat. Others may say LFC never allowed them to play, and another group will say, Bayern never really tried. So who is right or wrong?

The only objectivity in football is the scoreline, the interpretation of the game is always subjective. And therein lies the issue here.  When the developers come in, they come in from their base of experience, with what they know the game as a whole can present. When they see an incident on the pitch which some might call a bug, others may just say its poor recognition of a flaw in player selection. 

To be honest, developers don't need to engage with their customer base. They can pick and choose who they want to listen to, elect to listen to them all or not even bother. What I am happy to see is the tactics and training forums actually get good engagement from the devs. We tag the mods when we think their input is needed, otherwise they usually trust the moderators to advice correctly. No one is saying you need to be reeducated about tactics, all I am saying is that sometimes even a discussion there about an issue can be revealing. The mods will recommend people to the tactics forum when they need help. Me as a moderator, i do hope for more SI engagement, but i can understand why they are occupied, and why they may not respond. When they don't I usually go look at my tactic, and assume...i must be doing something wrong.