Your Beta Save for FM19

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SV Hamburg. Relegated for the first time so a challenge getting them back to where they belong, big stadium, great young talent in Jann-Fiete Arp who I want to see grow, and is a rather nice city.

With having the full Bundesliga license this time, Germany will be an attractive place to play.

10 minutes ago, threeps said:

SV Hamburg. Relegated for the first time so a challenge getting them back to where they belong, big stadium, great young talent in Jann-Fiete Arp who I want to see grow, and is a rather nice city.

With having the full Bundesliga license this time, Germany will be an attractive place to play.

Germany is ging to be in my long term save. Can't believe Hamburg got relegated tho, they'll easily walk the second division.

I'm considering FC Koln in the Bundesliga 2. Some fantastic talent for a 2nd division team like Timo Horn, Jorge Mere, Jonas Hector, Koziello etc. Huge stadium too and should have a decent budget. Nice challenge getting them back up and establishing them as the dominant force in Germany eventually!

10 hours ago, analogset111 said:

Every year I have at least one game with Man Utd. The best years for that in FM is when we have a bit of a crisis much like this one. Lots of dead wood to clear out, lots of older players to phase out, lots of young potential and lots of positions that need updating. 

That will be my first save for sure! I just hope we aren't so overrated this year. 

I think I might go with Man United as well. Valencia, Young, Rojo, Darmian, Jones, Fellaini & possibly Matic all need to be let go imo. Plenty of good enough youngsters like Chong, Pereira, Gomez can be played. I would also like another top class striker because Lakaku needs too many chances imo before he can score. Its a challenge I'm looking forward to.

Still not sure whether to buy FM19 or to carry on with 17, just started a new career with Gateshead and things are going very well so I might stick with them. If I do get FM19 then would either go for UD Ibiza (3rd division for the first time) or my team Forest. Tend to go for a foreign lower league obscure teams, FM17 started with CD Melilla Morocco but not Morocco and then again with SKA Khabarovsk in the far east of Russia 

Looking to get straight into a long save with Cambridge utd but I've never played Beta (or Full FM since 2012). I've seen a couple of comments about not starting a beta in lower leagues and also Beta only having small database.. are these points correct and/or any other reasons not to play the Beta intending to carry into full game?

3 minutes ago, JD23 said:

Looking to get straight into a long save with Cambridge utd but I've never played Beta (or Full FM since 2012). I've seen a couple of comments about not starting a beta in lower leagues and also Beta only having small database.. are these points correct and/or any other reasons not to play the Beta intending to carry into full game?

They're nonsense. The beta is essentially the full game ( just a patch or 2 expected before release) it's feature complete apart from multiplayer

Probably a Spurs learning save during beta. Then a proper Spurs save once the game is full game is released. Then probably another Spurs save once the winter transfers update is released.

I'll have a bit of fun with my beloved Wolfsburg and getting myself acquainted with the new tactic settings. I know the players and ultimately plan a full save so it is perfect to see how the system works!

After I am halfway familar with the additions and tactical settings, I will probably go with a weaker team from second division. It is a fun league to play and going by some early videos defensive tactics are fun again. 

Maybe, maybe a Bilbao save but those tend to be more longterm affairs so it will most likely be something for the Winter update. 

Customary beta save with the mighty Glasgow Celtic FC getting familiar with all the new stuff before full release when I will then start a long-term save with a small non-League side (still not decided) in England where I will hopefully lead them to the EPL promise land.

Is it worthwhile in beta having a nosey around players performances from lower leagues in order to identify some targets or is this variable per save?

I chose Portsmouth.   We'll see how it goes.   I may do an MLS save or perhaps a top tier European club.    Just FYI I live in the DC Metro area so my US club is DC United (now the home of Wayne Rooney) and my English club is Hull City.   I chose Portsmouth because I read a very interesting book a few years ago written by an American journalist who supported Portsmouth and went to home and away games, hanging out with fellow supporters and wrote about his experiences.

On 18/10/2018 at 06:41, Superowl90 said:

I'm either going to do a Sheffield Wednesday save or a Dafuges challenge i think 

Hi Superowl90 can you clear something up for me what does Dafuges actully mean? 

Been on this site a while and seen it pop up just can’t figure out what it is, thanks. 

5 minutes ago, hursty2 said:

I have no idea who to go, any ideas? Don't want a big club, don't fancy starting right at the bottom.

Croatia is really good just don’t go dinamo, Belarus is also good, Serbia and Romania knock out some quality kids but they end up being sold, and for a real challenge N. Ireland (I think) Linfeild see if you can get to the champions league with them. Once in 11 years on the last fm. 

17 minutes ago, SpikeHughes said:

Hi Superowl90 can you clear something up for me what does Dafuges actully mean? 

Been on this site a while and seen it pop up just can’t figure out what it is, thanks. 

I'll link you to last years challenge mate 

reading all 3 pages, interesting stuff :) a lot of options but I've already started my 1st this year with Leverkusen :) 

then I will probably start another 2 saves or 3

1. FCSB (Bucharest)

2. Salford (I saw a guy who will manage them)

3. Maybe Cagliari or Genoa

With all the changes to the game, decided to go for a big club instead of the likes of Everton/West Ham I was considering.

Barcelona were my pick.

Enjoying it so far but was getting a crazy amount of injuries and am still having trouble with players fitness despite rotating the squad a reasonable amount.

Alba damaged his achilles tendon after only 1 league game.

Coutinho tore his calf muscle after 2 league games.

Messi got a couple of knocks before then breaking his ankle. Only made 5 league appearances.

Despite all this, unbeaten including friendlies and sitting top of the league after 11 games and still waiting for those 3 players to return.

schedule12.thumb.PNG.25c01b1862c4318349c65bd855acfcbc.PNGtable11.thumb.PNG.751b94e5e91e6a316a8ff4c505b7a3f4.PNG

Only conceded 1 goal in the league! Also sitting top of the CL group (relatively easy group though).

The Alba injury occurred just after the transfer window closed and I hadn't signed a back up left back.

I put my faith in this youngster who has been brilliant:

miranda.thumb.PNG.7f0b160099927b4ada79e6fc1f9988e3.PNG

1 hour ago, Olivierlandman said:

Every year the same doubt.. starting with my long term save, right now.. or wait till the full release..

Who is starting on the beta , why or why not ?

I’ve never had an issue starting on the beta and carrying on into the full release.

Replaced FC United with my own created club. Got rid of all the players and staff and started totally fresh.

Despite being favourites for relegation, I’m currently 10th after 15 games - 2 points off the P/O - so it’s going well :D

4 minutes ago, SMV90 said:

I’ve never had an issue starting on the beta and carrying on into the full release.

Replaced FC United with my own created club. Got rid of all the players and staff and started totally fresh.

Despite being favourites for relegation, I’m currently 10th after 15 games - 2 points off the P/O - so it’s going well :D

It think it is easier to carry the beta to full release when u'r playing lower league or with a team with certain restrictions (like Bilbao). Data mistakes won't be a big issue and other problems are solved anyway...

13 hours ago, Faultless86 said:

Managing UD Melilla in Spanish Segunda Div B - Group 4.

Thought it was an interesting save as Melilla is actually an autonomous city in Morocco, no transfer budget , not much hope, just how I like it

Had great fun with UD Melilla in FM15&17 eventually took them to the CL final after 10+ seasons. They have started this season very well, ahead of expectations I imagine....

image.thumb.png.08506c77b74c94da15f29cf8044758dd.png

2 hours ago, Olivierlandman said:

It think it is easier to carry the beta to full release when u'r playing lower league or with a team with certain restrictions (like Bilbao). Data mistakes won't be a big issue and other problems are solved anyway...

That’s a fair point :) But even starting higher up, I’ve never had a problem ^^

Had a little mess around with Arsenal yesterday and have decided to start a proper game today as Southend Utd (local team), all English leagues plus a large DB but with all English staff/players loaded too.

Wife's at the o2 tonight so I've supplies of snacks, Cider and Sheff Wed v M'boro on the tv to keep me going.

Valencia, as usual that is my first save. And I totally LOVE it this year. This game has so much potential. Later on, I might take on a team in the lowest division in my country(Sweden) and try make it  to the top then taking the step out in Europe with my own team of staff.

On 17/10/2018 at 13:50, GianniM said:

In this light I'm thinking of TSV 1860 Munchen. They already have good facilities and youth scouting so hoping to get some good regens to eventually beat Bayern Munchen. 

The past few years I've been playing FM15 (mostly Palermo and Blackburn) so I'm quite excited :) I'll be using the beta for experimenting, getting used to the game and exploring the team. If all goes well right from the start I'll continue with it, otherwise we can start over again in the full release with the lessons learned. 

So I also had a small issue here for known reasons... I started yesterday with Sporting Gijon, Spanish second devision. Since I've only been playing FM15 before, wow what a difference! Spent 4 hours yesterday just checking out my squad and deciding on tactics, still on day one lol. 

Archived