Your Beta Save for FM19

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, herne79 said:

You're all wrong.  The answer is West Ham.

Although it could be fun taking 1860 Munich back to the top or managing in Brazil can be satisfyingly bonkers.

tempting.

Think i'm going to be tossing up between them and Everton. 

9 minutes ago, JavierChicharito14 said:

Any players u've scouted become a super star now? :cool:

superstar? hehehe not yet

but there are some very hot prospects at Brentford B as well as my personal shortlist of players who I watched live many times and will be curious to find out how they have been represented in the game. 

23 分钟前, evs4evs说:

superstar? hehehe not yet

but there are some very hot prospects at Brentford B as well as my personal shortlist of players who I watched live many times and will be curious to find out how they have been represented in the game. 

But they dont have u23 which sucks in game 

It must be interesting for you to have the experience

1 minute ago, NabsKebabs said:

tempting.

Think i'm going to be tossing up between them and Everton. 

Though I'm firmly a toffee, hammers are my second english team(sentimental reasons, 1st game I ever went to PNE vs WHU) and pelligrini(was my 2nd choice after rafa for us) has put together a squad i like the look of and think would suit my fm style more than my beloved toffees

1 hour ago, improvox said:

By the way I love the choice of club for your save. Its similar in my thinking by taking a small club from a major footballing city and take them to the top Madrid for you Paris for me. Good luck with it 👍🏼

In this light I'm thinking of TSV 1860 Munchen. They already have good facilities and youth scouting so hoping to get some good regens to eventually beat Bayern Munchen. 

The past few years I've been playing FM15 (mostly Palermo and Blackburn) so I'm quite excited :) I'll be using the beta for experimenting, getting used to the game and exploring the team. If all goes well right from the start I'll continue with it, otherwise we can start over again in the full release with the lessons learned. 

The International footballer who had a tremendous success as a player in his home land (Brazil) and Europe starts his manager career unemployed waiting for a club to come and get him

He prefers to manage first in Brazil but a good european offer is always nice

Big brazilian clubs and european clubs like Fiorentina, Valencia, Everton are the ones who offer jobs if I start with the International Footballer reputation

Thats how I always play my first saves :)

53 minutes ago, Riqulelme is God said:

Birmingham City for me. Will be interesting trying to get promoted with a tight wage budget.

Fair play pal!!!

I'm a historically useless Blues manager but I always have a a go!! :D

This'll be my first FM since FM 2015, I'm dabbling with the 2018 demo but I've no idea where I'm going to start. I might give Bayern a season then start unemployed with as many leagues loaded as possible 

I think I'll beta with Liverpool. They're my usual and I want to reclaim our title of most successful English team, and knock Sir Alex off his perch at the top of the hall of fame. Revenge is a beautiful thing.

Once the full release is out, I'll probably go for a journeyman save in Europe starting somewhere that I've never done before like lower league Italy, or Portugal. Or, if I'm not feeling that adventurous, since I can't manage my home teams of Northwich Vics or Witton Albion, it'll have to be Crewe Alex since they're just down the road.

Aiax Ajax Ajax  I've developed such a hardon for no reason. I don't rate De Jong super highly, Dolberg is good but disposable, i do have a bit of a personal attachment to De Ligt. I'm interested is seeing how Tadic and Blind fit in, as well as Neres. 

Also super interested to see if i can lure Joao Felix, Gedson Fernandes and some Portuguese talent early on. So stoked.

1 hour ago, CaptainSa said:

Thinking Lyon. Good players, high potential, but in a league where financially they are outmatched by PSG and AS Monaco.

Lyon is a great save, they have some brilliant youngsters, shame they sold geubbels though. 

I did a Lyon save on fm18, didn’t win the title because PSG were just too good, 3rd season got 91 points but still lost out to PSG by 1 point, but was a fun save.

49 minutes ago, king_karl said:

Aiax Ajax Ajax  I've developed such a hardon for no reason. I don't rate De Jong super highly, Dolberg is good but disposable, i do have a bit of a personal attachment to De Ligt. I'm interested is seeing how Tadic and Blind fit in, as well as Neres. 

Also super interested to see if i can lure Joao Felix, Gedson Fernandes and some Portuguese talent early on. So stoked.

Do it, but sell De Jong at the start see what you get for him, I bet you'd be able to get a lot for him. 

This is the question I've been trying to answer for a couple weeks in anticipation of the new game. I usually always will do an Everton save but my preferred formation doesn't fit so well with the squad they have. I'll probably set up similar to them irl and phase into playing my way. I had a great run with Leyton Orient in FM18 and may try that one again. I've been meaning to play a German save the last couple of years so maybe I'll go that route. I'll probably do a lower league save or maybe a middle tier journeyman save. If only I had enough time to do all of this...

vor 4 Stunden schrieb herne79:

Although it could be fun taking 1860 Munich back to the top or managing in Brazil can be satisfyingly bonkers.

In 2017 the last FM i have, even the AI could go back with that huge stadium and not knowing how ****** the investor really is.  1860 is now a way better challenge with that decaying temple of football in Giesing to start with and the appropriate league and finances.

Grimsby Town for me, I've supported them since my Dad first took me when I was 5 years old.  However, like some others on here, I may well take a higher league club for the beta to get used to all the new stuff, maybe Man U, see how it goes.

6 minutes ago, flogside said:

Willem II for me. Gonna see if i can get into Europe and then break into the top 3.

Even though after fm18 i said id unlikely play again as i clearly wasnt into the game like i used to be in my much younger days........ dammit.

Try Football manager touch, that is alot closer to the days you talk about. I play it exclusively now and feel it plays more like the glory days of FM without all the micromanagement and tedious repetitive media interaction

7 hours ago, improvox said:

Do you ever experience any issues carrying the beta over to the full game? Any bugs which patches fix which aren't compatible with your save? That's what I am worried about as I wouldn't want to start a long term save and have issues. Hence a couple of seasons of a beta save. 

I personally never carry on a beta save when the full game goes live because the beta is only a small database iirc and I prefer a much larger pool of players to work with. As for who I'll go with I think I'll try Sunderland who seem to have fallen from grace and are now in league 1 irl so it would be good to see if i can get them somewhere near the premier before the main game arrives.

54 minutes ago, trekman said:

I personally never carry on a beta save when the full game goes live because the beta is only a small database iirc and I prefer a much larger pool of players to work with. As for who I'll go with I think I'll try Sunderland who seem to have fallen from grace and are now in league 1 irl so it would be good to see if i can get them somewhere near the premier before the main game arrives.

It's the full database.

I usually carry my Rotherham save over from beta.

I've not anticipated the release of an FM game for a long time now, not since fm10 probably, but my most recent save with West Ham has peaked my interest back in the game. It has only been two seasons, but has definitely been my best save in FM for a very long time. With that said, I'll be starting with West Ham!

I’m determined not to have as many saves as I have done in the past. It must be nearly quadruple figures the amount of saves I start each year.

first save will be the youth academy challenge in Germany I do every year with RW Essen. Taking them from 3. Bundesliga yo Champions league with only using youth academy.

will likely run a similar save with Scarborough Athletic in parallel.

my own team York City cos I haven’t done a proper one with them since FM13.

might then do 1 with a high end prem team ie Liverpool and that’s it.

4 saves in total hopefully can stick to that 🙈

Quite keen to try a side in the newly licensed German leagues; perhaps attempting to take Hamburg back into the top flight after their fall from grace, or St Pauli as I really like their supporters.

Other than that, I'm fancying one of my normal attempts to reawaken an English sleeping giant like Sheffield Wednesday or Forest.

4 hours ago, trekman said:

The beta is literally the full game just technically not version 19.0x yet.

Every year I have at least one game with Man Utd. The best years for that in FM is when we have a bit of a crisis much like this one. Lots of dead wood to clear out, lots of older players to phase out, lots of young potential and lots of positions that need updating. 

That will be my first save for sure! I just hope we aren't so overrated this year. 

Probably Inter Milan for the Beta. Some great players in that squad, will be tough to topple Juve though.

Further down the line quite fancy trying to crack the La Liga duopoly with Sevilla and dominating Bundesliga with Dortmund.

Sunderland!! Did them for FM17, then it was Arsenal for FM18, maybe it is time to return to fix the BLACK CATS!! 

But I will probably do one in the MLS and try to make sense of the US, since I'm from California but it just does not make sense the system we have here. Only positive is that we utilize VAR, so will see how it works in this year's edition. 

55 minutes ago, analogset111 said:

Every year I have at least one game with Man Utd. The best years for that in FM is when we have a bit of a crisis much like this one. Lots of dead wood to clear out, lots of older players to phase out, lots of young potential and lots of positions that need updating. 

That will be my first save for sure! I just hope we aren't so overrated this year. 

Think the last time there was a crisis was van Haal's Utd back in 2014-2015

13 hours ago, herne79 said:

I took 1860 to the top in '18 to win three straight Buli titles over Bayern.  Still didn't win a Champions League with them though... Don't know whether I want to go with them again or play as Bayern, my favorite team... ideas???

Archived