Football Manager 2017 Official Feedback Thread

On 28/11/2016 at 19:21, Cougar2010 said:

Thats my understanding if how it works mostly.

I'm not sure this is working if that is the case. Currently there are 11 jobs available of which I would probably be suitable for 10 if not all 11 and non of them showed up in my inbox.

I don't know if this is a bug or is a 'feature'.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you make the AI stop making the stupid offers again and again? I have a player valued 20m, I don't really want to sell him but he isn't key player for team, just a rotation a player with good potential..

So two AI clubs interested in him and I won't sell him less than 25m, they make two stupid offers including some clauses that adds upto just 14m.. I rejected both and set to 25m upfront, they left the negotiation and go away, that was expected as usual.. now the problem is, they come again with the same stupid offer and then again and again...

I have rejected more than 15+ times and lastly I just set it to reject offers below 25m, they still never stop, it is really annoying and unrealistic..

I myself if I want a player, I will go and bid the player valuation then negotiate with them... If they want too high for the player, I will just walk away and If I need that player badly, I will bid what they want for the player. SO the AI should do like that, it is annoying to reject again and again, I have told them I want 25M and that is final, they should bid that or just leave it.

• SI Staff
5 minutes ago, Wells said:

Can you make the AI stop making the stupid offers again and again? I have a player valued 20m, I don't really want to sell him but he isn't key player for team, just a rotation a player with good potential..

So two AI clubs interested in him and I won't sell him less than 25m, they make two stupid offers including some clauses that adds upto just 14m.. I rejected both and set to 25m upfront, they left the negotiation and go away, that was expected as usual.. now the problem is, they come again with the same stupid offer and then again and again...

I have rejected more than 15+ times and lastly I just set it to reject offers below 25m, they still never stop, it is really annoying and unrealistic..

I myself if I want a player, I will go and bid the player valuation then negotiate with them... If they want too high for the player, I will just walk away and If I need that player badly, I will bid what they want for the player. SO the AI should do like that, it is annoying to reject again and again, I have told them I want 25M and that is final, they should bid that or just leave it.

May be worth raising this in here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/517-transfers-contracts-and-scouting-issues/ - with a save before a bid is made.

Cheers,
Seb.

There does seem to be an excessive amount of own goals at present and the way they are presented in the 3D engine is very poor.

Most own goals are just crosses that hit a defender followed by the keeper diving over the ball or running past the ball and then attempting to stop it - they look so unrealistic. 

8 hours ago, gerry58 said:

What? How old are you? Happened many, many, many times in the history of the game. There have been teams collapse  even in the last month of the season,  just a couple of weeks away from winning it all

True, but in FM it happens like every time. And it happens out of nowhere.

29 minutes ago, King Costly said:

There does seem to be an excessive amount of own goals at present and the way they are presented in the 3D engine is very poor.

Most own goals are just crosses that hit a defender followed by the keeper diving over the ball or running past the ball and then attempting to stop it - they look so unrealistic. 

Before I took a break from the game (my last game when i simply just rage quit from the game), i was playing against stoke away, I was dominating in every aspect of the game, they made no threat to my defence or goalie (0 shots to my goal).

I was dominating with a lot of chances missed, also 3 CCC but that's fine i dont' care about missing, this is part of the game.

Around 60 minute of the game already passed, a tough through ball made by one of their midfield players to Glen Johnson in the right flank (nearly passed the corner line) he crossed the ball (to the 5 yard box which are like 80% or even 90% of the crosses in game, no threat for goalie) my GK deflects the ball in the goal, and that's a goal for stoke city with 0 shots on target.

I went to attacking mentality becausei need to chase the game and atleast draw, match ended 1-0.

if such mistake would happen let's say more realisticly one in a while i would say, f*** it bad mistake by my goalie and keep on.

since it happened for me in every single save i started over, this is turnning me off from the game entirely.

And btw, the cross that lead to goal didn't count as a shot on target because it was a cross.

Stoke won the game with 1 shot off target (not the one that lead to the goal, this one is when i tried to chase the game and i was pushing forward to get a draw).

I saw matches that enede with opposite shooting once and winning, but this can happen in FM wayyyy more often, and it's pretty much unrealistic!

Edit: what's makes me annoyed is that i need to wait for a very long time  for a fix for this, why it cannot fixed by hotfixes?

does every fix can lead to huge problems with the ME?

35 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

True, but in FM it happens like every time. And it happens out of nowhere.

It doesn't do either of those.

It happens during the last 8-10 matches of the season when the pressure increases on the players to deliver if you are in that sort of position.

How you handle it depends on how well you have built your squad (Have you got players who can handle pressure) and how you talk to them during that time (Media & team talks).

15 minutes ago, MHovel said:

I went to attacking mentality becausei need to chase the game and atleast draw, match ended 1-0.

This is part of your problem.

Why did you change to attacking mentality?  Being behind is not enough to make that decision, you need to be considering whats happening on the pitch much more.

I understand by SI calling it "attacking" it can be confusing but all it means is that your team play quicker, more direct, close down the opposition more & take more risks.  You need to decide if those instructions give your team more chance of scoring than the instructions being given by your current mentality.

24 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

This is part of your problem.

Why did you change to attacking mentality?  Being behind is not enough to make that decision, you need to be considering whats happening on the pitch much more.

I understand by SI calling it "attacking" it can be confusing but all it means is that your team play quicker, more direct, close down the opposition more & take more risks.  You need to decide if those instructions give your team more chance of scoring than the instructions being given by your current mentality.

I know what attacking mentality offers in terms off passing style, tempo etc...

I'm Sorry i was meant to say i switched the mentality to more attacking wise mentality (such as control, i was playing counter attacking mentality till the goal), + personally, i never go attacking mentality because i don't even have the players for that.

And regardless your question why to change to attacking wise mentality, I changed to more attacking wise mentallity because i was a chasing the game !!!

which is normally when managers losing the game 1-0 or even 2-0 and they made sometimes slightly attacking wise changes and sometimes even big ones in order to get back in the game.

But still, the goal came before i even made those changes, when i conceded the goal (this buggy kind of goal), i honestly gave up with the game and didn't cared about the result (even if i would won 2-1 i would still go off from the game) and was turned off from the game in generall entirely.

13 minutes ago, MHovel said:

I know what attacking mentality offers in terms off passing style, tempo etc...

I'm Sorry i was meant to say i switched the mentality to more attacking wise mentality (such as control, i was playing counter attacking mentality till the goal), + personally, i never go attacking mentality because i don't even have the players for that.

And regardless your question why to change to attacking wise mentality, I changed to more attacking wise mentallity because i was a chasing the game !!!

But again going to a more attacking mentality just because you are behind is the wrong way to look at it.

A lot of the time the opposition are going to sit back a little more and tighten up.  You need to consider how best to break them down and going more attacking is often the wrong choice.  Keeping the lower mentality and increasing things like width/tempo etc is often the better way as you need to move the defence around to create space.

I had a match where I conceded off 3 direct free kicks in the lower leagues, I marked that on my calendar as I never had this before. :D But actually bugged goals can always **** you off if you are the emotional type (luckily I'm rather calm when playing this) :D. You can't change them from happening completely, the best you can do is work on your shot conversion, as if that improves it would rarely affect you much (at least that was my experience so far). The problem is in general you won't have the same situations much if you don't play as rigididly defensive as AI sometimes (still sometimes both wide backs on defend duty outright, zero to one players at most attack duty at all plus at least a centre mid plus dropping deep and keeping it tight). This can happen from kick-off and last the entire game when they don't conceede. The ultra defensive AI tactics are this stubborn they are so focused on soaking up pressure that they barely ever get a shot on all by themselves. Every time you win the ball back there is zero of their players caught out of position (best to be seen from an overhead view) so you always run into a brick wall of players.

If you have general problems there rather than specific opponents this would be seen in the team report where it shows the total shot conversion for each side (the average seems to be 10% give or take, a seriously drop ain't good long-term). The SOT is displayed too or can be calculated manually. 10% Shots and 25% SOT seem about the game average, which is naturally influenced by approaches. Still AI managers in there always that convert like 5% of their overall shots long-term (not happy with this). As argued by me though those CCCs stats are wholly unreliable and we don't have a shot breakdown, so never ever be fooled by the amount of shots (or SOT even) and conclude of that you'd be all over an opponent completely. Those can be wholly spammed from dead ball situations with everybody marked/pushed almost exclusively, which in the ME does happen if defenders easily clear it all match long. Unfortunately, to get a view of this, clicking on each shot is almost a must in the analysis. If you have 20 of those, this can be a bit of a chore.

Hm, no thoughts on my "gets forward whenever possible" enquiry? :-( Must be the only one worried about it.

1 hour ago, Cougar2010 said:

But again going to a more attacking mentality just because you are behind is the wrong way to look at it.

A lot of the time the opposition are going to sit back a little more and tighten up.  You need to consider how best to break them down and going more attacking is often the wrong choice.  Keeping the lower mentality and increasing things like width/tempo etc is often the better way as you need to move the defence around to create space.

While I understand what you are saying, it's reasonable.

But, there is no one approach to the game, If you think that way, it doesn't mean this is the only approach users suppose to take in game, or managers approach IRL all the time.

I also saw a lot of managers that started defensive minded football and when they changed to attacking wise such as high defensive line and pressure they managed to even come back from 2-0.

Anyway the mentality and shape wasn't even my problem from my 1st comment, and it wasn't the reason i was losing drawing or even consider this game as a winning that's still not the point, my point was the common issue that annoys everyone and me personally turnning off from the game entirely and I'm desprate to play the game but gets annoyed from those GK mistakes and the crosses issues (59 crosses in one game) which i already reported in the bug forums, i was just hoping for a fix, and got frustrated when i read that the game mostly tend to get updates around Christmas (and not even sure if they will be able to fix this issue).

33 minutes ago, Svenc said:

Hm, no thoughts on my "gets forward whenever possible" enquiry? :-( Must be the only one worried about it.

My personal interpretation of PPMs contra Instructions is that PPMs usually have a higher success rate than merely instructing them off the panel. In regards to "gets forward", the player with this PPM should be able to pick his moments as it's a trait rather then just telling the guy to "get forward". This is what it used to look like in previous versions but I haven't really got into FM17 yet and played enough (still on the Demo) so I can't say that this is still the case. To be honest, although FM17 looks promising, still feels like an 'unfinished' article, and this is keeping me from purchasing the full version... 

hi looking to ask a question that may or may not have been asked before will there be an official update for the summer 2016 transfer window as in my team rangers still have joey barton playing in squad which we all know he has left rangers and its annoying still seeing him in there if there is when will this be released

8 hours ago, Loversleaper said:

My personal interpretation of PPMs contra Instructions is that PPMs usually have a higher success rate than merely instructing them off the panel. In regards to "gets forward", the player with this PPM should be able to pick his moments as it's a trait rather then just telling the guy to "get forward".

not really. Only thing PPM does is making it more likely a player would do certain action (take a long shot i.e.) I don't really think it will also make him more able at performing that action compared to a player who doesn't have that PPM but has better attributes for it.

it would be wrong if players with "dribble down left flank" PPM become better at dribbling just because they have the PPM. When they are in that area they will be more inclined to try it but if they have 1 for balance, dribbling, technique... they will still be crap at it.

9 hours ago, Loversleaper said:

My personal interpretation of PPMs contra Instructions is that PPMs usually have a higher success rate than merely instructing them off the panel. In regards to "gets forward", the player with this PPM should be able to pick his moments as it's a trait rather then just telling the guy to "get forward". This is what it used to look like in previous versions but I haven't really got into FM17 yet and played enough (still on the Demo) so I can't say that this is still the case. To be honest, although FM17 looks promising, still feels like an 'unfinished' article, and this is keeping me from purchasing the full version... 

That's the problem I have, this was straight from the "Horses mouth" (back when the horses were still on here, if you know what I mean :D): Let's consider the three possible instructions for forward runs. You have hold position now / nothing chosen (previously mixed on the slider) / always. A player with such a PPM would pretty much behave as if he was given the next more aggressive instruction than picked, that was it (and still is mostly from my experience). The official advice for all PPMs connected to stuff that are linked to instructions (long shots / forward runs / through balls) etc. was consider it in that way, so that a player with tries long shots PPM would always at least behave as if he were on "mixed", and on standard mixed settings as if on "often". That way you're not going to get the shots completely out of say CRonaldo, as that is his wont. Therefore even if you would give such a player with a gets forward PPM a defend duty, he would still at least on occasion leave his duty. I found that with Arsenal too when testing something, which is why I immediately subbed their left back and put on the reserve guy. I deliberately wanted the LB to sit back all times (the purpose of this can be seen in the wide midfielder positioning thread). An attack duty player will push forward always anyways, so in terms of "off the ball" forward runs you have a pretty straight control here either way.

The crucial bit from really old iterations naturally is that central midfielders don't at all seem to be affected anymore, at least on a defend duty. On FM 2012 for instance you had to be really careful who you picked in such roles, as he would not hold his position regardless if he were to have such a forward running PPM (still had it on my HD until not that long ago and had a Brazil save where I had several CMs with such traits). As that is a very vulnerable position in the ME, players either sitting or not in the centre of the pitch, this was reworked since then. It affected AI too as they back then anyway didn't seem to be aware of such PPMs much -- so that their entire centre midfield would often push up making their midfield a total walkin' when their opponents won the ball back. The above would affect AI likewise -- there is several squads that are filled with such PPMs right at the top. And as said, the research is hugely inconsistent here, perhaps some of the researchers can also chime in as they must be given some guidelines on this. But as for the other stuff I'm not 100% sure...

Can we get our horses back to tell for sure? I promise we'll be nice and feed you a carrot too.  :D

11 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

It doesn't do either of those.

It happens during the last 8-10 matches of the season when the pressure increases on the players to deliver if you are in that sort of position.

How you handle it depends on how well you have built your squad (Have you got players who can handle pressure) and how you talk to them during that time (Media & team talks).

No it doesn't.
Every time during the beta phase I just let the game run without changing anything in terms of tactics.
It usually goes great start->decent midseason->complete trash January-February->great end of the season.

Without changing anything.

@MBarbaric: as I mentioned, this is an interpretation after looking at matches extensively and getting a general perception when assessing the Player Stats during matches. PPM's had the impression that it opened more successful ME sequences and I am pretty sure that Svenc also has similar interpretations - this probably has led him to ask the Horse to cough up :D...

@SvencApparently, the "get forward" reality is one of the big factors in getting the Strategies to be consistent or not - if the ME builders had to remove some of the central midfield movements to make tactics more balanced could be plausible. Speaking for myself, I haven't got to that point in my interpretation but will now look for these things now that they are brought into the light - but I am not sure I will spot something different than what you have described. I am still stuck on other factors at the moment - front men on attack duty is one of them...

Sry for my english :)

Would it be possible to look at how "we" use the beta period/early access?

I know Sigames have internal testers and trusted gamers who run the game and try to iron out big issues, but right know I dont think it`s enough. Some of the issues like not being able to get German players to sign (most of them) and not being able to offer contracts to staff in the Austrian league is quite gamebreaking when playing with those leagues. And there are more, but these 2 are my fav. big ones.

Would or could it be possible to make an beta period longere (speaking in weeks here) and the in-game time several seasons? would`nt that be a better option to find all the major issues - and then have an "ironing-out" period of a months time to get the issues fixed, and then release the game?

I dont know but I feel it should be considered, that there is a better way to get it in shape before it hits the shelves.

Dont get me wrong - love the game, love the series but its the same every year with game issues. 

10 hours ago, Svenc said:

Therefore even if you would give such a player with a gets forward PPM a defend duty, he would still at least on occasion leave his duty. I found that with Arsenal too when testing something, which is why I immediately subbed their left back and put on the reserve guy.

Been doing an Arsenal save as well and both looking back and current matches I am getting a feel of what you are bringing up. In regards to the Central Midfield area, I think that the movement of the players here are pretty good generally - the only thing that really struck me was that the more 'defensive style' central midfielders did poorly with ratings and passing, where on the other hand, Ramsey did very well with the 'getting forward' instruction from the central midfield position. I haven't been in a situation where I have central midfielder with the 'get forward' PPM and see how he reacts when he has a Defensive Duty - so I can't comment on that yet.

But one of the things that you mentioned about the 'get forward' PPM on full backs with Defensive Duty is something of a major concern. It's not so much the runs they take, it's their positioning that is a worry - they seem to be on the wrong side of the opposition's pushed up wingers. Which is kind of bizarre considering that I used Defensive Strategy with Full Backs on Defend Duty...

2 hours ago, Loversleaper said:

But one of the things that you mentioned about the 'get forward' PPM on full backs with Defensive Duty is something of a major concern. It's not so much the runs they take, it's their positioning that is a worry - they seem to be on the wrong side of the opposition's pushed up wingers. Which is kind of bizarre considering that I used Defensive Strategy with Full Backs on Defend Duty...

Thanks for the report, that sounds odd, could you record that? Typically as Arsenal don't have a natural LB without that PPM, he would else pretty much behave as if he was on a support duty give or take oftenly. As RB they have Mustafi since the summer as an additional option, and he doesn't yet seem to have given that Arsenal research treatment of giving every back a gets forward PPM. Emphasis on not yet. :D Be aware I intitially did this to test how opposing wide midfielders would position if my backs never actually pushed up, as recorded here, as wide midfielders defending has been reworked some visibly for FM 2017 (different topic). That's Mustafi at RB and the guy from the reserves as LB (who contrary to the other guys from my experience, would actually always sit back).

As Arsenal you'll face a lot of rather defensive teams from the off, you would often find them hard to break down if you do any of the above from kick-off [going defensive], and a draw is all they may want so never push forward much themselves when they don't concede. It channels play down the middle resulting in less stretched defenders plus weaker shots. You likely know that, but this is a public forums. I wouldn't want to have another player getting additionally frustrated due to accidentally giving him "bad ideas". Realizing and spotting all that, you could go one two steps further and mimic the parking bus opponents outright. Two parking bus teams barely advancing anyone right from kick off all throughout = totally stalemate. For once, FM may be more predictable/consistent than real football. But you wouldn't want to do that either, unless you're one heck of a weirdo... just don't do it then. :D

yRS0zAr.jpg

35 minutes ago, RobertPage said:

What's the deal with overseas tour (as english clubs). I'm in 2021 but it's difficult getting games with top tier teams from countries like Australia, Brazil and USA due to their schedule "simply being too busy"

Well the MLS runs spring > Novemberish, Australia maybe does the same while Brazil have the State Championships as well as the League so I would imagine teams are busy during the summer in the European Pre-season.

Just bought this game, had been purchasing on release day ever since Football Manager 2011.

Skip the pre-order discount as I wanted a physical copy, was disappointed to find out they only release digital version for Singapore.

Paid the full price for it, felt a little betrayed as there was no information that this version would only be on digital sales.

Anyone else noticing that the option to view matches in 3D isn't always available? I've played nearly all games on 3D this year, and the quality's been fine. However, I've just gone to play my next match and 2D classic is the only setting available. :eek:

How hard is it schedule fixtures properly? You should never ever play 4 consecutive home/away league games, sometimes you have to do it multiple times a season. This has been a bug for years and cannot be that difficult to fix.

Best ME yet, but whats really annoying are the amount of goals still coming from crosses. I dont mind cross goals, but the way they look in the ME is off. So many go back post and the keeper always gets beaten at the near post. I can see it coming. So frustrating.

25 minutes ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Is it true that wingers no longer shoot from the byline? And that right backs are no longer OP? If it is then I will definitely buy.

Full back issue is sorted. Haven't seen a winger shoot from the byline yet, so maybe that's no longer an issue either.

Gunner, this isn't a rant forum, and none of what you have posted is either constructive or accurate.

If you're looking for help, look at the tactical forums, if you think you are seeing bugs, please post the relevant PKMS and save games.

The game doesn't choose beforehand if you're going to win or lose, so you're going to have to work out why you struggle.

2 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Gunner, this isn't a rant forum, and none of what you have posted is either constructive or accurate.

If you're looking for help, look at the tactical forums, if you think you are seeing bugs, please post the relevant PKMS and save games.

The game doesn't choose beforehand if you're going to win or lose, so you're going to have to work out why you struggle.

Well, why don't you look at  all the negative reviews for this game many people are having the same problems. I have been playing Fm 16 I never had this problem the game does choose the end result changing instructions does not help. 

4 minutes ago, gunner7771000 said:

Well, why don't you look at  all the negative reviews for this game many people are having the same problems. I have been playing Fm 16 I never had this problem the game does choose the end result changing instructions does not help. 

Just because someone says a game makes them lose, doesn't mean it's true. It's yet another myth

The game doesn't choose the end result, so you're going have to find out why you struggle. How you do that is entirely up to you.

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

Just because someone says a game makes them lose, doesn't mean it's true. 

The game doesn't choose the end result, so you're going have to find out why you struggle. How you do that is entirely up to you.

It does choose the end result the game is scripted last year was ok but this year it's terrible players don't tackle properly, they miss easy goals, my team has only scored 3 out of 20 penalties taken, the opposition score goals from nowhere, I can be fully in control of the game and then lose it because the game decides to show my opposition play more than it shows my team, my players score silly own goals, the games shifts momentum and purposely makes you lose so no matter what you do with your tactics or in game instructions if the game wants you to lose you will lose. It's nothing like football

11 minutes ago, gunner7771000 said:

It does choose the end result the game is scripted last year was ok but this year it's terrible players don't tackle properly, they miss easy goals, my team has only scored 3 out of 20 penalties taken, the opposition score goals from nowhere, I can be fully in control of the game and then lose it because the game decides to show my opposition play more than it shows my team, my players score silly own goals, the games shifts momentum and purposely makes you lose so no matter what you do with your tactics or in game instructions if the game wants you to lose you will lose. It's nothing like football

It doesn't choose the end result. Its not a point up for debate so this will be the end of it. You can choose to accept that it doesn't or not, but it's not a relevant point of feedback as it's fact.

This thread isn't going to be filled with spam of you saying it's scripted when it's not. It's factually wrong, it's not constructive, and it has no place here, thanks.

Hi there guys! I play with Steaua Bucharest, Romania, and I think that I make too much draws. On current season I have 9 draws out of 19 games in the league. I think there is problem with the game because every game I have at least 10 shots on goal, and a posession of 65-70%. My strikers are Gnohere, Alibec and Florin Tanase, they are pretty decent for Romanian Championship, finishing over 14 each. Can anyone tell me if they have this issue or it's a problem with my game/my tactic. Thanks !

I made my first post on this forum earlier in the thread with some initial thoughts on FM17, both positive and negative. I've played this game since 2005 and Championship Manager from 93, quite a few lost hours there......

The current version of the game has some issues still there's no doubt about that and I mentioned a few in my previous post.

One thing  you are going to need this year more than any other is perseverance and patience, this is probably the most difficult version of FM to date, that said once you establish two or three tactics that work you'll be on your way. A week ago when I posted I was feeling some of the frustrations others have expressed, it's never been more critical to find balanced tactics for various types of opposition and circumstance.

A week ago my Newcastle save was P29 W15 D10 L4, I finished that season with P46 W25 D14 L7, it was incredibly difficult, I had to work tirelessly on tactics, tweeking almost constantly. Nearly every game I watched in full to enable me to react to the more dynamic Ai of the opposition managers (huge positive), the more lowly the team, the more defensive they played the harder it was to break them down, it is possible though.

In fairness, it's a difficult line to walk for Si, personally I'd prefer the game to be too hard as opposed to too easy as it has been in previous years, finding one "beat all" tactic gets boring pretty quickly.

gunner7771000, you need to try and try again, eventually it'll come good.

One final thought on this years release, it's something I've turned a blind eye to in the past but I won't next year. It's buggy, way too many little issues, the vast majority reported in the relevant thread and almost all of them pretty apparent after playing just one season. What's the process with the Beta testers because it's not working at the moment, next year I'm considering not buying the game at release date and just waiting until the first major patch is released. Thats not good for business, there must be thousands of suitable candidates that would test this game foc, is it a time issue?

5 hours ago, AlinCostyn95 said:

Hi there guys! I play with Steaua Bucharest, Romania, and I think that I make too much draws. On current season I have 9 draws out of 19 games in the league. I think there is problem with the game because every game I have at least 10 shots on goal, and a posession of 65-70%. My strikers are Gnohere, Alibec and Florin Tanase, they are pretty decent for Romanian Championship, finishing over 14 each. Can anyone tell me if they have this issue or it's a problem with my game/my tactic. Thanks !

Hi, I played 10 seasons last year as Oțelul Galați, that was fun!! Having been where you are now a week ago I can tell you it's a tactics issue, I was doing exactly the same last week, I'm past that now so persevere.

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 18:07, frank_olaf said:

I'm not sure this is working if that is the case. Currently there are 11 jobs available of which I would probably be suitable for 10 if not all 11 and non of them showed up in my inbox.

I don't know if this is a bug or is a 'feature'.

As far as I've been able to make out, available jobs will never appear in your inbox. Manager movements all go to the social feed. Any interviews/job offers will go to your inbox though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L13WXARauE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4roRmx3S7FM

Every FM have this problems with stupid goals like this. We pay every autumn to enjoy and play favourite game, not to be angry and disappointed. 

4 hours ago, woodsy1983 said:

As far as I've been able to make out, available jobs will never appear in your inbox. Manager movements all go to the social feed. Any interviews/job offers will go to your inbox though.

True. Only if you're specifically offered the job or if you are subscribed to said teams will you get an inbox notification.

The shooting in this game is bloody awful. Shot after shot after shot is high or wide. World class players with 15+ in finishing or long shots look like Sunday league footballers when trying to score. 

Also the whole "he almost got lucky with that" nonsense from crosses that almost go in is annoying. It's been a month since release, fix it already. 

I'm enjoyin' the game.

The only puzzling bit is some of the transfer offers I get made for players.  I've had alot of offers where teams stick in clauses such as "Winning the FA Cup".  Which they won't do, and it's silly!  I don't get many offers in installments, it's just very random clauses.

3 hours ago, SmurfDude said:

The shooting in this game is bloody awful. Shot after shot after shot is high or wide. World class players with 15+ in finishing or long shots look like Sunday league footballers when trying to score. 

Also the whole "he almost got lucky with that" nonsense from crosses that almost go in is annoying. It's been a month since release, fix it already. 

Unfortunately that is the game telling you that your tactics aren't working, I'd personally prefer it if you just created less chances in the first instance. I was exactly where you are a week ago, 60% possession, 25 chances 0 goals and shots all over the place. Now it's gone full circle, I'm reaching the point where my fullbacks are my main providers and they look pretty similar to last year in terms of match winners. Still on my Newcastle save, 20 games in to the first season in the Premier League, Right back has 11 assists, left back 7.......

16 hours ago, janrzm said:

Hi, I played 10 seasons last year as Oțelul Galați, that was fun!! Having been where you are now a week ago I can tell you it's a tactics issue, I was doing exactly the same last week, I'm past that now so persevere.

Can you tell me what did you do? What changes have you done in your tactics? Thanks.

14 minutes ago, AlinCostyn95 said:

Can you tell me what did you do? What changes have you done in your tactics? Thanks.

I can't give you set instructions because their are too many factors to take in to consideration. But, I suggest you effectively pause your game and keep playing the same match over trying different things. Your tactic is probably pretty close from the sound of it, I'd start by pulling it back a little in terms of how attacking it is, you can afford to have less possession but to use the ball more effectively.

I am utilising a 4-3-2-1 and a 4-2-3-1 most often, these are the general formations I've had most success with. If your assistant manager is any good it can work to follow his advice in terms of Formation (so long as its one you have already trained) Mentality and Team Shape, or at the very list note them down and try them mid game. Mostly I am Control/Fluid at Home and Counter/Fluid Away. These do get changed though depending on how a game is going. Defensive and Structured also get used, not much else in my save.

Watch the games on full, it's essential at first to better understand the match engine and whats going on, if ever I've created 3-4 chances in the first 5-10 mins and not scored I will look to make adjustments. Attacking FB's and WB's seem to be almost as effective as last year once the balance is correct.

Scoring feels so streaky, and too reliant on motivation and confidence.  I'll score 1 goal combined in 4 matches against Atalanta, Pescara, Fiorentina, and Bari.  Then I'll knock 3 past Real Madrid.  I know it's a "funny old game" but I see an awful lot of this.

Archived