Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

I'm not sure if this is a bug or I am just not understanding the options correctly so thoughts would be appreciated.

GK distribution instructions.

Distribution type.

Roll it out.

Throw it long.

Take short kicks.

Take long kicks.

Now to my mind, they should be split into 2 sections.

Roll it out.

Throw it long.

Take short kicks.

Take long kicks.

Then you should be able to select 1 option from each section.

If I select "Roll it out" or "Throw it long" for example, both of these are when the ball is in the GK's hands. What does he do when he is faced with a goal-kick from the floor?

Also, the whole thing seems a little muddled, (at least to me).

I can select Distribute to Position SC, but at the same time I can instruct the GK to "Roll it out". 1 should stop the other from being active, but doesn't.

Thoughts?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 - Players wanting to leave - this is fine I get the slightly annoying but probably realistic difficulty of keeping players happy. One thing that would help here IMO would be an option to say you're free to find a new club i.e. put the onus on them/their agent to get offers? Seems like at the moment the onus is on the manager to sort everything out for the player when I am sure no manager really does that (or even gives it to the DOF) unless a player is a real disruptive force? Just a thought

An obvious branch is missing in the unhappy player conversations. Players are very unhappy and will not accept anything other than "Yes, I'll sell you now", however it would be good to have a response where you tell the player to put in a transfer request and he can leave. This is significant as it saves having to fulfil the leaving player's contractual signing on fee. It also makes him the bad guy in the eyes of the fans, which should have an effect.

Beginning to get pretty peeved with the continual and utterly ridiculous low offers for my players. As with previous versions of this game the CPU feels the need to continually offer below players values when they are first 11 players for me.

Kind of goes like this...

We want X player for £10m?....No, I want £40m!...Ok, how about £5m now and £5m over the next 12 months?

An obvious branch is missing in the unhappy player conversations. Players are very unhappy and will not accept anything other than "Yes, I'll sell you now", however it would be good to have a response where you tell the player to put in a transfer request and he can leave. This is significant as it saves having to fulfil the leaving player's contractual signing on fee. It also makes him the bad guy in the eyes of the fans, which should have an effect.

Completely agree. Just get frustrated that you allegedly have promised to sell them but you've broken your promise if no clubs come in! The option to say other clubs aren't interested or see what your agent is actually doing for you would make this better as it puts the onus on them not you. Obviously if you are rejecting bids etc then fair enough but I don't imagine any manager does loads to sell unhappy players the onus is on their agents!

Just another thought along these lines - when no bids are made the option to get the player to do something is there. Why isn't this in the first conversation and ALSO when that option is available the conversation suggests that them leaving is the manager's decision - where they are unhappy it should be more along the lines of "you want first team football elsewhere - you need to do something about it"

Not sure if this is a bug or just bad scouting?

I send my scouts worldwide (at Celtic they all have good JPA and JPP)

yet when I tell them only EU national players they come back with loads of south americans.

Nothing against south americans just cant be doing with all the WP hassles.

Just had a situation (not sure its quite a bug but i'll let you judge that.) So I am manager of East Stirlingshire, doing okay and slowly building a reputation. Have been approached for some other jobs, some I have interviewed for, others I haven't. Anyway got approached by Coventry and they approached me - I agreed a contract but delayed to the end of the season which they accepted. This was Feb.

Fast forward to April (i'm 1 game away from the end of the normal season & they have played 44 games out of 46) and they re-approach me. I request the delay to the end of the season and they reject it.

So two things - they haven't waited until the end of the season and secondly the agreed contract had re-verted to the original offer rather than the agreed one

On the news screen when the scout comes back to you with a report on a player, it would be good if you was a link to see the whole report, rather than having to go to the player and select scout report.

It is on there - just small beneath the boxes for things like make offer etc.

I've just about finished my 1st season with Liverpool and noticed the big teams (Chelsea, City, Utd Arsenal and Liverpool) seem to overpowered. In reality the Prem is quite a competitive league, the top 5 breezed through the season.

Liverpool are 17th at the end of October on mine, Klopp is very insecure

defensive midfielders need better ratings - they play well but get pants ratings which has all sorts of knock ons

should still be able to recommend staff roles to trialists like in previous versions

my captain isn't talking to me so i can't interact at all coz i fined him for getting sent off

not beta specific as such but when looking at friendlies it would be really helpful to have a 'affiliated clubs' option to chose from like Local Clubs and that other options

Liverpool are 17th at the end of October on mine, Klopp is very insecure

In my save Chelsea had an even worse start than in real life, and Mourinho was sacked before the end of October, with Carlo returning to replace him. He has steadied the ship, and in mid February they are within 6 points of a Champion's League place. City and United are second and third (way behind my Arsenal), with City drawing a lot of home games and United's form very patchy. Liverpool also had a bad start, but havbe pulled up to fourth, which is looking like a close battle between them, Spurs and Everton, with Chelsea pulling back up toward them.

I've got just one very quick and very simple question to ask, that some are likely to find absurd.

If you're playing a match at a lower level, with an attendance of a couple of hundred, does it still sound like there are 50,000 in the stadium when a goal is scored?

Final act of being with East Stirlingshire (I mention this as the contract renewals for a PT club seem to be completely annual) and I used the news message with contract expiry as the point of starting each negotiation with those affected. Several of the players declined saying they didn't think the squad was strong enough - okay that's fine, your choice. One of those players then (the next day) stated he felt he deserved a new contract to bring him up to his team mate wages - i said okay and he was happy. Go to offer him a contract and i get the same squad not strong enough don't wish to negotiate answer!

And in the very next news item I have apparently withdrawn the offer and therefore broken my promise!

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but on my MacBook air this game is killing my computer. I basically can't do anything else with the game open, as soon as I hit space bar my computer lags so much I can't even browse the net. This seems a pretty extreme development from last year?

Final act of being with East Stirlingshire (I mention this as the contract renewals for a PT club seem to be completely annual) and I used the news message with contract expiry as the point of starting each negotiation with those affected. Several of the players declined saying they didn't think the squad was strong enough - okay that's fine, your choice. One of those players then (the next day) stated he felt he deserved a new contract to bring him up to his team mate wages - i said okay and he was happy. Go to offer him a contract and i get the same squad not strong enough don't wish to negotiate answer!

And in the very next news item I have apparently withdrawn the offer and therefore broken my promise!

Definitely a bug I have just had it happen a second time - will report in the bug's section

Having just taken over a new team I have found another thing. The team has just been relegated so naturally people are unhappy etc. About 1 day after joining I am told that the squad are unhappy and its my fault... Surely a new manager might have to deal with the lack of harmony, may even be asked how he plans to address it (maybe with some helpful idea of exactly what is wrong) but surely cannot be to blame for it?

Completely agree. Just get frustrated that you allegedly have promised to sell them but you've broken your promise if no clubs come in! The option to say other clubs aren't interested or see what your agent is actually doing for you would make this better as it puts the onus on them not you. Obviously if you are rejecting bids etc then fair enough but I don't imagine any manager does loads to sell unhappy players the onus is on their agents!

Just another thought along these lines - when no bids are made the option to get the player to do something is there. Why isn't this in the first conversation and ALSO when that option is available the conversation suggests that them leaving is the manager's decision - where they are unhappy it should be more along the lines of "you want first team football elsewhere - you need to do something about it"

Just seen something else on this... Player unhappy and wants to move to a bigger club - I say that no on is interested (kind of a nice, if a little spikey option) and the player says he needs me to drum up interest. Surely this cannot be right??? Surely the only response a player would get to that (unless the manager wants them to go) is "I am not going to encourage offers but I will accept reasonable ones that your agent/you manage to find" and then ideally a discussion on my view on their value... I cannot see how the manager is expected to play the part of their agent?

I am not getting as many injuries as last year - though my earlier point is still valid in that I am yet to have an injury in game, be it soft or a forced substitution, where the person is not injured post game. Every single injury has resulted in time out, without exception. I am two and a half seasons into the game.

IT DID IT AGAIN!!! :mad:

I thought this issue was fixed. It was a major interface issue last year. It was acknowledged by SI but it seems like it is still in the game.

This is the issue:

When you are in the tactics screen and you have your tactic selected...so, it shows the position and the roles and then the next column is the player you selected to start that the position. But for example, when you initially set that tactic, players are not selected. You hit the drop down and it shows the best recommnended player for that role. Now, when you have your tactic up and players selected to start but then you decide to remove a guy, the starting 11 with positions and roles stay, it is just that player column is blank until you select someone. This is the correct way and how it should be, but there was a glitch last year (and is still in the game for FM16) where if you deselect a guy, the position/role completely disappears. You have to hit the Quick Pick button for your assistant to fill it. So, your tactic screen no longer shows the starting 11 positions, it now shows only 10. And then only 9 if you deselect another player. It shouldn't be like this and it usually isn't until a weird bug hits it and then it stays like that for the entire save. Your starting 11 positions/roles should be displayed regardless if a player is selected or not.

Does the "experience" level of a player make a difference now? I know it used to be completely irrelevant (ie a 16 year old with the same attributes would play at the same level as a 30 year old world cup winner if they had the same attributes). But now im seeing it more in scouting reports etc does it actually have an impact on players or is it just window dressing?

Your starting 11 positions/roles should be displayed regardless if a player is selected or not.

True, disable not at club filter and it shows (Might be other filters that does it too)

Not being able to use the filters is really annoying, so I really hope SI put some priority on this.

True, disable not at club filter and it shows (Might be other filters that does it too)

Not being able to use the filters is really annoying, so I really hope SI put some priority on this.

Has nothing to do with filters though. It is the default display of your tactic screen. Your tactic should always be displayed whether you have a guy placed in that position or not. This bug/glitch makes them disappear entirely. And when it happens, it stays like that for the entire save. It doesn't hit all the time, but when it does, it sucks and there is nothing you can do. Has nothing to do with filters. Now, of course, the game is filtering out that pos/role for some reason, but not through a filter we use.

Enjoying beta playing as Liverpool, but experiencing strange league results after Europa league games, 1-5 vs Southampton at home, 0-4 vs WBA at home. I am rotating team to remove tired players, but wondering if it is coded in to lose these games. Multi replays of both games, with varied tactics have yielded losses.

Enjoying beta playing as Liverpool, but experiencing strange league results after Europa league games, 1-5 vs Southampton at home, 0-4 vs WBA at home. I am rotating team to remove tired players, but wondering if it is coded in to lose these games. Multi replays of both games, with varied tactics have yielded losses.

Nothing artificial like that is coded in, no.

One thing I noticed that I haven't noticed in previous editions, although I'm pretty sure it's always been in. Opposition played a pass, and my player made a pretty clear off the ball pull, sending the player down. Then saw the referee put his arms out, play the advantage, and let the play develop. Has that sort of sequence been in for a while and I just haven't noticed it?

Playing as Arsenal with transfer budgets off in the first window - January has rolled around and my budget is still set at zero after re-evaluating expectations with the board. Is this a bug?

Tried adjusting your budgets? Should be plenty of excess wage budget to turn into tranfer funds, I had the same thing, but was able to set a £20m transfer budget with £6m still left for wages.

Tried adjusting your budgets? Should be plenty of excess wage budget to turn into tranfer funds, I had the same thing, but was able to set a £20m transfer budget with £6m still left for wages.

Yeah I can do that but it doesn't get me anywhere near the amount Arsenal start with if you keep first window transfer budgets on. Strange.

Question... When starting a game if say you have a team for example Finland as view only will you still be able to find players from that country or does it have to be set as playable to find players from that country, debating for my save if i want to select every country or am i better off to go to advaned and then just select europe and north America under contensions

Question... When starting a game if say you have a team for example Finland as view only will you still be able to find players from that country or does it have to be set as playable to find players from that country, debating for my save if i want to select every country or am i better off to go to advaned and then just select europe and north America under contensions

If you want the leagues active to manage in, add them, if you want the leagues to run fully, i.e all games played, not simulated, add them view only. If you want players from that country added, just add the players in custom database.

If you want the leagues active to manage in, add them, if you want the leagues to run fully, i.e all games played, not simulated, add them view only. If you want players from that country added, just add the players in custom database.

Just want to be able to have players from the european teams in the database however I'm starting an MLS save so what happens if i get an affiliate from europe do i not have to have those countries?

Practical tactic screen needed! OK. I am going to try for the 7th time but this time with the photo. football-manager-2016-arrives-on-november-13-delivers-create-a-club-mode-491106-2.jpg In this photo. Imagine you click player number 4. Which tab is coming first? Description right? Great! Which tab do we need the most? 'Important Attributes' right? Perfect! If you pick one it auto saves for that moment and you dont need to click Important Attributes anymore right? Right! BUT only for that moment. When you leave the tactic screen and come back it changes to 'Description' tab again. So every match day or every time I go in tactic screen, I have to click to 'Important Attributes' again and again. Please make it in a way that when we click once, it should saves for the rest of the game. This way is more convenient and practical!

Wondering how others are finding it.

I am in the Indonesian lowest division. My team has a pretty solid defense and we keep most teams out until the last 20 minutes where I usually concede a wondergoal.

In the last 9 games I have had 9 goals scored against me. 7 of those goals scored against me came from 25 yards or more. None of the players had higher than 6 for long shots. It is impossible to defend against because often my player will be right there putting pressure on.

Is this a trend for this version, or is it something isolated?

2nd Pref Formation.

If I look at the Barnet Ass Man Gary Waddock, it says that his preferred formation is 442. It also says that hia 2nd preferred formation is 4123 DM Wide.

That's excellent.

Now if I look at the Barnet HoYD, (it's a regen staff member), his preferred formation is 4123 DM Wide, but his 2nd preferred formation is also 4123 DM Wide. It's the same!

Just so we know this isn't just restricted to regen staff, if we look at Graham Stack, his preferred formation is 4411, but his 2nd preferred formation is also 4411.

So I have a couple few questions.

1. Is this a bug that needs reporting?

2. Does the staff member in question just not have a 2nd favourite formation, (and I need to suggest that instead it is left blank rather than duplicated)?

Practical tactic screen needed! OK. I am going to try for the 7th time but this time with the photo. to. Imagine you click player number 4. Which tab is coming first? Description right? Great! Which tab do we need the most? 'Important Attributes' right? Perfect! If you pick one it auto saves for that moment and you dont need to click Important Attributes anymore right? Right! BUT only for that moment. When you leave the tactic screen and come back it changes to 'Description' tab again. So every match day or every time I go in tactic screen, I have to click to 'Important Attributes' again and again. Please make it in a way that when we click once, it should saves for the rest of the game. This way is more convenient and practical!

On FM Classic, it defaults to important attributes if that makes you feel any better. :p

However, it's not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, is it? It's just a simple click to get that info, it's not like you're having to go to a totally different screen and back again.

They play fine. The problem is that their ratings are usually between 6.0 and 6.5 even if they play well and do what they are supposed to do on the pitch.

Yep, it's frustrating watching all the other midfielders scoring 7's and your DM struggling to get above 6.5 even when his passing and tackling are good, try putting them on support duty and they magically go up to 7's like the other mids, only time they get decent ratings is if they score or play a killer pass.

Archived