Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont know if this situation is a bug but...

I received a proposal for a player. I refused this proposal because this player (Federico Fernandez) is a key player. After I refused this proposal, the player come to talk to me and said that he wanted to leave to man utd i and said that in the future Im gonna accept any bids that came in for him. Since then, i dont received any bids for this player. After a while, my assistant manager issue me a reminder saying fazio want to leave swansea in this transfer window. Im not going to transfer this player because i really dont want to sell this player... This happens in fm 2015 too. Is this a bug or im doing/done something wrong?

Why is there a limit on the "Create Player" option when you create your own club?

I was just about to set up a game where I wanted to invite all interested people of a gaming forum to become players in the newly created Forum-Club. The "create player" option would have been ideal to add randomized players, change them slightly and let the game start.

Unfortnately, you can only create 2.

There is always the editor as solution of course, but I wonder if there's a deeper reason behind this restriction. Especially because the "create a player" feature is actually quite nice.

I received a proposal for a player. I refused this proposal because this player (Federico Fernandez) is a key player. After I refused this proposal, the player come to talk to me and said that he wanted to leave to man utd i and said that in the future Im gonna accept any bids that came in for him. Since then, i dont received any bids for this player. After a while, my assistant manager issue me a reminder saying fazio want to leave swansea in this transfer window. Im not going to transfer this player because i really dont want to sell this player... This happens in fm 2015 too. Is this a bug or im doing/done something wrong?

Even in FM15 didn't that happen for a while and then at the end of the window you would get a message saying the player had forgiven you because the club weren't interested any more? sorry if I'm thinking of the wrong complaint

Is the demo out with the Beta - wanted to see what the new game was like before purchasing

No, but this is the first FM release for which the new Steam Refund policy is in place. If you buy the game and play it for less than 2 hours, you can get a refund within two weeks of the purchase date. Not as good as SI's demos, but gives you the chance to have a quick look around.

• SI Staff
Hm... I thought I that SI adviced not to move players between squads back and forth. That they could be less happy.

As can be seen in the top news item from the screenshot the User is able to make players available for a B Team match and so would not have to move them between squads for them to play in the B Team match.

• SI Staff

As An Olive Branch says, the chances are that the player will drop the unhappiness when the interested team drop their interest. If not and the unhappiness does progress please report it in the bugs forum. Thanks :)

Early thoughts:

- GUI - overall a bit more modern looking, seems aimed towards tablets too which is no bad thing with surface pro's and such becoming more common.

- Create a club -this should be called 'rename a club' - seems very half baked IMO, I just renamed a club and its stadium, I can release/add players and choose the city but thats it? I epxected to be able to set every single detail, inc the chairman's name and personality and such. Stadium and its future expansion capacity and so on. I will play around with this more but it's a shame from what I've seen so far. I know you can do this in the editor but its nice to be able to do it from the game GUI.

- Struggling with tactics, being beat in my friendlies, tried about 6 formations so far.

- Agree re the tactics screen, its horrid with those huge slab player icons.

- In the match overview (not 3D) I preferred it when condition was a number not a symbol.

overall not alot has changed, now that is a good thing as FM15 was SO good. Looking promising so far.

my just cant score! any tips?
Anyone got any advice on how to win away from home? Playing as Southampton and regardless of who I'm playing or what formation I try I get smashed every single time I play away from home.

Head on over to the tactics forum, detailing the way you are set up (formation, Mentality, Team Shape, Roles, Duties and any Team Instructions / Player Instructions), and we'll see what we can do.

Wow... I thought... you had really done something to set pieces tactics(corners, free kicks and throw ins)..seeing the new look on tactics.. but I was wrong.. same old junk but with other graphics, and extra option to add routine 1 and 2 and so on. No more creative settings added. Not being able to have 2 or 3 people near corner taker for example, or two people attacking near post. Not being able to have more directions or orders on free kicks.

Press conferences are now ultra realistic - Instead of being asked the same 3 questions by the press once i now get asked the same 3 questions in slightly different ways 3 times - kudos for reflecting the boredom and tedium real managers must feel at press conferences :thup:

(yes i have already asked my assistant to do them)

As can be seen in the top news item from the screenshot the User is able to make players available for a B Team match and so would not have to move them between squads for them to play in the B Team match.

Ok, but if you sort of think they belong in the B-team (not ready yet) and want them to play certain matches in the A-team?

Early thoughts:

- Create a club -this should be called 'rename a club' - seems very half baked IMO, I just renamed a club and its stadium, I can release/add players and choose the city but thats it? I epxected to be able to set every single detail, inc the chairman's name and personality and such. Stadium and its future expansion capacity and so on. I will play around with this more but it's a shame from what I've seen so far. I know you can do this in the editor but its nice to be able to do it from the game GUI.

Was expecting more from this option...

Anyone got any advice on how to win away from home? Playing as Southampton and regardless of who I'm playing or what formation I try I get smashed every single time I play away from home.

I wonder if there is an issue with Southampton performance, as I have seen two lets plays, both of whom first games were home matches against Southampton, which they easily won. Probably a coincidence.

Positives:

- improved 3D engine - looks better every year

- interviews around your Champions League Group, opponents and venues to visit - nice touch!

- match engine - yet again improved IMO

- Beta access - super quick and easy to install (I got the code from Green Man Gaming)

- Condition/sharpness split

- New Home screen has a nice layout and packed with information

- Player profile screen looks neater and less space is wasted

- Some of the new GK annimations are more realistic

Negatives

- tactics screen - I much preferred the shirts, and the suitability looked neater last year

- the blurry background when you go to a new screen/save screen

- the skin seems darker a lot of the time

- I've started as Spurs and sold Eriksen and replaced him with Barkley as I play a flat 4-4-2 and the squad were all unhappy with the strength of midfield. I could see why they are annoyed but Barkley, Dembele, Bentaleb, Mason etc are very highly rated and better so than Eriksen at CM.

My game has a game breaking bug. starting 2nd seasons having Just got promoted with wakehurst from the northern island league 2 to league 1. No fixtures have been allocated for the current season for league games for any northern island team. its now october, all cups games are fine, yet to play a league game

My game has a game breaking bug. starting 2nd seasons having Just got promoted with wakehurst from the northern island league 2 to league 1. No fixtures have been allocated for the current season for league games for any northern island team. its now october, all cups games are fine, yet to play a league game

So best report it then.

The vertical space between the lines in the match stats widget (in-match) is a bit too big,

from a personal perspective. I'd like that to be tiny bit less.

The same space between the lines as team ratings, body language and performance widgets would be perfect...i think.

• SI Staff

Please make a post in this thread in the bugs forum - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437078-Northern-Ireland-(Official)-League-Specific-Issues

Loving FM16 so far, but, and I may somehow be missing this, but I can't figure out how to put a player on an individualised training plan that focus on a position/role. Am I just not seeing this? On both the main individualised training screen of the squad and on the player's training screen all I can see to do is focus on a certain physical/mental/etc. skill.

Loving FM16 so far, but, and I may somehow be missing this, but I can't figure out how to put a player on an individualised training plan that focus on a position/role. Am I just not seeing this? On both the main individualised training screen of the squad and on the player's training screen all I can see to do is focus on a certain physical/mental/etc. skill.

The position and the preferred role are now combined (click onto the position training and you should see the option to train for role when you go to the position)

Best beta that has been released. Impressed with pretty much everything and can accept certain bugs as that is to be expected at this stage. Match engine plays really nicely as well.

Just rather annoyed that you can't zoom out to 75% anymore. Would love it if they could add this back in to the game.

My impressions so far, not alot of new stuff than fm15. Having that said there wasnt that much "New Features" annouced from Si Games anyways. Ticking the boxes from SiGames own New Features,

1. Manager on the touchline, The face editor is a joke, why even bother? Looks awful and when are you suppose to see your face? Suits and colors fine but is that so much of a deal making it to a new feature theme? Should be on "And much more"

2. Fantasy draft- Eh... Football manager is just this?!?!

3. Create a club- Just tried a bit...but I agree with some.. Should be rename the club and put your colors for the kit. Feels mostly cosmetic. Dont think that will be something for me.

4. Stats, stats & more stats. I dont see it. So its a new partnership with Prozone. It feels like a new overlay that may be a bit more easier on the eyes...

5. Matchday experience. 2000 new animations ...oh wait what? Do you mean 2000 new moves for individual players or? It DOES look improved and with more moves than before I give you that. But 2000?

More control when planning set pieces? Not what Ive experienced. Same old same old apart from other graphics and being able to put more routines to easier switch between which is good.

New highlight package?

6. Improved screens. This feels good IMO. Always personal I guess.

7. Football manager touch.. Could not care less.

8.. Much more... hopefully much more....

Having this said I feel like I only give negative feedback here. But TBH, the new features wasnt that much from the start so I didnt expect that much either. The possitive is what I will experience when I play a few hundred hours.. the better ME, a lot of new small news that will put a smile on my face. Other than that... I would be happy with an updated databas every year and a new game every second year so you guys at SI have a bit more time with better new features.

Well my favourite improvement from FM16 is the simplicity of the user interface. that is a big factor in football manager, this year is a lot more visually pleasing and more easier to digest. it is less of a spreadsheet and more graphical, which is more suited to us Visual Beings.

Having this said I feel like I only give negative feedback here. But TBH, the new features wasnt that much from the start so I didnt expect that much either. The possitive is what I will experience when I play a few hundred hours.. the better ME, a lot of new small news that will put a smile on my face. Other than that... I would be happy with an updated databas every year and a new game every second year so you guys at SI have a bit more time with better new features.

I'd keep that in mind. Some of the things that made me most happy in my short play-time yesterday were things I had no idea were being added. Nothing huge or major, but little, very useful things that have made a difference. Judging it on the things they announced doesn't give the full story I don't think.

I do, but then it says that they'll be training for that position during team training. Or is that the wrong spot? I just checked everyone and no one is suggesting someone focus on a role during individualised training anymore, but still a bit curious. Side note: I'm a nanny for a couple who are both doctors and sometimes, if the dad works really late (mom has a more typical 7-4/5 with a 45 minute drive to work job at a military hospital) he gets off the next day. I got a text at 5 this morning that I was off today. I slept in and am planning on spending the rest of the day on FM16 :)

• Administrators
So far things seem quite smooth.

Main issues

The green stats are horrid. Looking forward to other skins.

Seems like a lot of red cards but short sample so far.

Could be bad luck or certain tactical instructions, will be interested to see if you find it's the same after say half a season or a full season etc.

Is extended the new comprehensive? it seems like matches are much longer than in fm15..

Can I second that question?

I have only played one match so far, but starting on comprehensive it was taking an age - almost as if I was watching the full match.

Switched to extended and it seemed more like "comprehensive" in FM14 (most recent I've played).

May just be a one-off as I know matches can vary - just curious if there have been changes though? :)

Yeah, i really dislike the tactics screen blocks instead of shirts.

I really see no need to the change. Past versions had the same info shown on and around the shirts just fine.

Edit: Also dislike the red dot that the nationality flags are on in the player screen.

Also dislike the red dot that the nationality flags are on in the player screen.

I firmly second this

Edit - although I think they take from team colours rather than red so it changes, but would still look much better without.

Blue or black ones don't look too bad but the red makes it hard to see the flag

• SI Staff
Hello,

I'm normally very positive about the game(s), but I've not had a great vibe from this one so far.

Managing Truro, and I can't find any staff at all, except for a couple of horrendous coaches. Even placing an advert isn't working. I chose a small database for this save to keep the transfer market more dynamic, but this seems to have removed any staff who would be interested in coming.

Thanks Dave. This is now something we are investigating.

Cheers,

Ben

How do I remove the default selection of highlighted attributes? I managed to set it to "show no highlights" as default in the profile screen, but i have the attributes page as opening tab. Those highlighted attributes are really annoying.

I'm not quite with you? are you wanting to take away the highlighted attributes from the profile page (which you have done already) or set the default opening page to something else?

Speaking about the highlighted attributes. I really, really like the feature that you can see now "key attributes" and "useful attributes", but I am irritated that you can't seem to highlight attributes for just one specific role of your choosing. Is that correct or am I missing something? I can either highlight "last played position" or I can highlight "best positions", but that often is 3 of them at once. If I want to know or remind myself what's different in terms of attributes between fullback on support and wingback on attack, I can't seem to hightlight that anymore, if both positions are seen as "best positions" for my player?

Archived