Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

2 things I came across last night that seem a bit strange.

The player whose agent was refusing to talk to me about a new contract finally agreed to open talks, this is still a bug, it is only because we won the league and no other team was interested in him that he agreed to open talks.

Anyway, he only had 2 weeks left on his contract and any team could have signed him for free, I had already thought I was losing him for nothing so I had signed 2 players for that position, better players at that, in short I did not need him anymore but decided to offer him a contract and I would try to sell him, I thought it would be very difficult to sell him as, well no one wanted him for free when they could have signed him.

I put him up for sale the day after he signed a new contract and the very next day I had bids of 8m for him, he went to AC Milan and that club could have easily signed him for free just 2 days earlier, makes no sense.

The second is 1 of my star players came complaining that there was no competition for places in the squad, I told him I would be making new signings soon.

I had an ace up my sleeve as I was taken over by a tycoon and had lots of money, I had already made deals to bring in TEN new players just a week later when the window opened, some of these players would be straight into the first 11, a couple were for backup and a couple were young players for the future, I have cover in every position and have a squad of 29 players once these guys signed.

3 weeks after these guys signed and I have since signed another player he is still worried that there is no competition for places, what size of squad and how much cover does he need?

He plays as a CM and I have 6 or 7 that can play in that position, if I sign another there then I will have players complaining that there is too many for that position!

Every position is covered for even the worst sort of injury crysis, I have players that can play in different positions if need be, again seems pretty strange.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see poor finishing in my game neither bad passing. I'd just like to say that the game is very enjoyable now. Can expect improvements here and there but the ME is in a very good state already. Personally I think it's the best one so far.

*Btw scores are definitely not high in Romanian First Division, mostly 2-3 goal games.

Tested the patch, and overall it appeared this patch has more chances create than last patch, but goal conversion rate is much lower, defender is reacting faster, which is good.

But one thing I don't understand is now every keeper is acting like they are Neur/De Gea, even those with some terrible shot stopping stats are playing like they are world class keeper..

I mean this is still a game, you don't really need to make all keeper even those terrible one to become godly good just so you can prevent high scoring game..

I would expect higher scores in lower level football, because the defenders and 'keepers are likely much worse. Any idea what the scores in that division are like in real life?

here what i've got for the real life results and the finished league tables at that division.

real_life.png

results.png

here what i've got for the real life results and the finished league tables at that division.

real_life.png

results.png

Certainly looks like goals are a lot more common at that level, so maybe it is normal to have high scoring games when the players are really bad both IRL and in FM. Look at Hillingdon Borough! 90 scored, 91 conceded. You get your money's worth there!!

I am playing FMC - half of my squad is out injured following the update. Not sure if this is just a coincidence but the amount of injuries I am having is crazy

I'm playing FMC and for the first time ever as far as I remember I don't have a single injury, it won't last of course but I think it demonstrates the update didn't nerf injuries.

I'm playing FMC and for the first time ever as far as I remember I don't have a single injury, it won't last of course but I think it demonstrates the update didn't nerf injuries.

Agreed, my injurys (touch wood) have been absolutely fine from the beginning really. That's also with me playing players at 84-87% fitness due to a tiny squad.

After playing some matches ME looks better and is fun to watch, but still some balancing needed.

And it seems graphics in general are buggy since update not just skins and 3Dkits, for example my pitch conditions say very good but when i play pitch seem to show the template for a bad pitch conditions.

Save times take a bit longer then before again but is ok

Sorry SI but the chances converted here is atrocious.

Playing in liga bbva. There was a Monday match, Friday match and 2 early kick offs on the Saturday. Only 1 match was mine, all 4 finished 0-0.

Then 3 layers kick offs peace another 0-0 and two 1-0's.

There is clearly an issue here. Of corse it must be the au tactics though.......

Sorry SI but the chances converted here is atrocious.

Playing in liga bbva. There was a Monday match, Friday match and 2 early kick offs on the Saturday. Only 1 match was mine, all 4 finished 0-0.

Then 3 layers kick offs peace another 0-0 and two 1-0's.

There is clearly an issue here. Of corse it must be the au tactics though.......

It's not a big enough sample size to say categorically there's something wrong, see if it changes over a few weeks.

You'll not get a lot of sympathy with the unnecessary sarcasm or are you just looking for a bite?

Sounds to me like the new patch is bordering on unplayable. If I set steam to offline Will my game play without installing the new patch? I actually think 15.1.4 was a decent patch for the ME although there were still some problems with it.

Don't be ridiculous, how is "sounds like" any kind of assessment?

Why not just read the positive posts or is only negativity true? :)

Just 3 posts up http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/413334-Official-Football-Manager-2015-Feedback-Thread-15.2.0?p=10061688&viewfull=1#post10061688

Sounds to me like the new patch is bordering on unplayable. If I set steam to offline Will my game play without installing the new patch? I actually think 15.1.4 was a decent patch for the ME although there were still some problems with it.

Sounds to you? You mean judging by this thread? Jesus wept.

It's not unplayable if your tactics make sense, if your subscribe to the Kevin Keegan school of tactics then you will always be involved in high scoring games.

There's nothing SI can do about that as you're free to play FM however you wish.

Defending in my LLM career seems to have gone completely down the drain. Countless one on ones from clearances because only the attackers run after the ball, teams combining inside the box as if they're Barcelona because the defenders just back off and countless goals from crosses where attackers get tons of space because defenders just look at the ball, instead of trying to actually get on the end of the cross. The lack of defender reaction to balls that are in the air for ages really seems to be an issue in my matches at the moment.

Don't be ridiculous, how is "sounds like" any kind of assessment?

Why not just read the positive posts or is only negativity true? :)

Just 3 posts up http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/413334-Official-Football-Manager-2015-Feedback-Thread-15.2.0?p=10061688&viewfull=1#post10061688

15.1.4 was a very playable patch. Good variation of goals, realistic scorelines. It's seems to be 95% negative in here and normally it's that high with justification. The idea of strikers unrealistically missing shots and goalkeepers turned superhuman is of particular concern. And I havnt seen any posts to suggest this not to be the case. Could you tell me if you've experienced these problems?

15.1.4 was a very playable patch. Good variation of goals, realistic scorelines. It's seems to be 95% negative in here and normally it's that high with justification. The idea of strikers unrealistically missing shots and goalkeepers turned superhuman is of particular concern. And I havnt seen any posts to suggest this not to be the case. Could you tell me if you've experienced these problems?

You say 15.1.4 yet the feedback thread was 10 times more negative than this one. Superkeepers have NEVER existed. 15.2 is a vast improvement over 15.1.4

You say 15.1.4 yet the feedback thread was 10 times more negative than this one. Superkeepers have NEVER existed. 15.2 is a vast improvement over 15.1.4

The point is, I'm enjoying a really good career game with spurs. Possibly my best yet and I don't want the patch messing up what is one of the best careers I've had on FM.

My results since the update and I'm top of my league with an exceptionally good team, my keeper is averaging 7.1, good but sure as hell not superhuman :D

Captureb.jpg

The new ME is very responsive to the tactical changes (on either formation or player roles) and I love it. Just did a little experiment last night. Keeping everything else the same in my tactic (playing 4-4-1-1 wit 2 DM, 1 of which is Regista, the other one BWM), just changing my BWM from support to defend role created a visible effect. The BWM stopped pushing up too much, which was leaving a gap between him and the stoppers, and my tactic became a more defensive tactic instantly. It affected my team's behavior in the attacking 1/3rd of course as well, I wasn't able to establish as much pressure on the opponent's defense and midfield as I used to.

People complaining about too many goals should just try switching one or two of their players from attack to support or defensive roles, and I am positive that it will have a significant effect on their scorelines.

The new ME is very responsive to the tactical changes (on either formation or player roles) and I love it. Just did a little experiment last night. Keeping everything else the same in my tactic (playing 4-4-1-1 wit 2 DM, 1 of which is Regista, the other one BWM), just changing my BWM from support to defend role created a visible effect. The BWM stopped pushing up too much, which was leaving a gap between him and the stoppers, and my tactic became a more defensive tactic instantly. It affected my team's behavior in the attacking 1/3rd of course as well, I wasn't able to establish as much pressure on the opponent's defense and midfield as I used to.

People complaining about too many goals should just try switching one or two of their players from attack to support or defensive roles, and I am positive that it will have a significant effect on their scorelines.

I echo this and would add that the Mentalities have a massive effect on how your tactic functions, Attack is now VERY attacking as is Control, previously you could use these as starting strategies in many games with no real problems, now you need to be very careful when you use them, especially away from home.

Think that's why people are seeing high scoring games they haven't made the adjustment yet, think we'll see Standard, Counter, Contain being used more often once people get to grips with 15.2 and that will see the return of realistic scorelines.

About to get stuck into a long term save but early impressions are latest update is an improvement on last one which was already very good. More variety of goals/finishing and through balls are now more or less spot on which is absolutely fantastic to see...those blockages which prevented this which resulted in requirement for goals to come from wide areas/over the top/diagonal play seem to have been eradicated which is a huge breakthrough and there is much better balance in the engine. Teams can now attack down the wings AND through the middle and still be effective and teams can play more patiently with off the ball movement improved as well

Thanks for that SI...another step forward and again this is a really solid engine...watching games on full resembles a real game of football better by a distance since the rewrite and I think its very close to being the best ever. To be fair it might well be...will see more getting stuck into full game with team and players and tactics to see if it plays out as it should be early viewings of teams play unfold on full highlights the match engine looks really really impressive and the flow of games looks really good.

I echo this and would add that the Mentalities have a massive effect on how your tactic functions, Attack is now VERY attacking as is Control, previously you could use these as starting strategies in many games with no real problems, now you need to be very careful when you use them, especially away from home.

Think that's why people are seeing high scoring games they haven't made the adjustment yet, think we'll see Standard, Counter, Contain being used more often once people get to grips with 15.2 and that will see the return of realistic scorelines.

Absolutely true. I for one use the control and attacking mentalities only towards the end of the matches, if I am down by a goal. If your team is down by 2 goals to a superior team, and you still use attacking mentality, you should not be surprised if the stronger team finds more openings now and destroys you by scoring 3rd, 4th, 5th goal. Of course you can also expect to score a goal or two in the mean time since you are attacking with numbers, and the final score might be 5-2 all of a sudden, instead of the 2-0 you had at 60th minute. That's completely logical.

After playing about 2/3rds of a season with the new patch, I have some additional feedback.

First of all it's not "unplayable" or "broken". It hasn't really changed my teams win or lose rate, although the margins of those wins and losses seem definitely lower. This isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Subjectively, though, I believe the quality of the matches this version of the ME produces is inferior to the previous patch. It's like I went from watching top tier football to a Sunday league match. Strikers are incompetent most of the time, regardless of being world class, missing clear chances more often then not. More annoyingly, the rate of egregious mistakes, like shooting from the six-yard box into the touch line, happen way too often. Of course it should happen and there are many extremely funny YouTube videos to prove it, but they're the exception.

the result is that where in the previous match engine you could see some beautiful football being played, some precise finishing, great composure in front of the goal translated into exciting matches to watch. I really got the feeling I was watching some great football (unless my team was playing terribly, which also happened). Now it seems even the best games are a show of incompetence from the attacking players, being decided by the odd deflected shot or after two or three rebounds.

Is it more realistic? I don't know. I don't pay attention if my leagues goal average is 2.8 in FM and the real life's everage is 2.3. What I do pay attention is to the matches and how fun they are to watch and how they give a sense of how good or bad my team and my players are. From that perspective I think the new patch was a step backward. It could be my teams form has slumped, it could be the 30ish games I played with just one team is not a good statistical sample. Could be many things, but this is a feedback thread so here's my feedback. :) thanks for listening!

There are quite a few instances of either poor finishing or fantastic reflexes by keepers though in this version which wasn't so prevalent in the previous update. This example posted below is an example of what I feel is happening far more.

http://youtu.be/_qwhPZl2CxA

I am also still seeing goalkeepers taking free kicks in wider areas and kicking it straight to a player who scores from 40 yards, and it's got to the stage where I don't want a free kick just outside the area because it will only end up in Row Z!!

There are quite a few instances of either poor finishing or fantastic reflexes by keepers though in this version which wasn't so prevalent in the previous update. This example posted below is an example of what I feel is happening far more.

http://youtu.be/_qwhPZl2CxA

I am also still seeing goalkeepers taking free kicks in wider areas and kicking it straight to a player who scores from 40 yards, and it's got to the stage where I don't want a free kick just outside the area because it will only end up in Row Z!!

This is a pretty good example of what I mentioned in my initial comment on this thread. It's the double saves from six yards out that seem over the top.

It's not hard to make a double save when both shots are hit straight at you.

Exactly, but that's the problem it's happening with increased regularity in this patch. A double save - fine, it happens but not with the regularity it is happening. I posted another one on here with a striker of finishing 20 and 17 composure hitting two straight at the keeper and half the time the keeper isn't even looking. Finishing was absolutely spot on last patch. Keeper could be a bit ropey but jut needed a little tweak on reactions, unfortunately that tweak has made them into psychics and whereas before finishing was hitting the corners of the net at times it's now just hit at the keeper.

I got 5 time crash dumps when i finished my 1st season with Everton..

I try again and delete the crash dumps folder but it happen again..

What i can do ?

Please post in the appropriate sub-forum (PC, Mac or Linux) here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/443-Football-Manager-2015-Crashes-Technical-Game-Launch-and-Workshop-Issues

jusst got my game, and sadly it crashes after pressing continue after the first game..

didnt happen with the demo, but anyone got a solution to this, i might not have been the only one experiencing this

The post just above yours??

A couple of things that could be toned down, after a season with the latest update:

1. The amount of back passes going to out for a corner.

There are still a lot of them. At least it is in the lower leagues.

2. Goalie catching the ball but taking it over the goal line

resulting in a corner.

The 2nd point was a bit of a struggle in FM14 as well.

Since the update my taker has 4/4 scored so that is your game and not an issue

Haha that was a bit of a rage post from missing 2 penalties in 2 consecutive games that would have been winners. It may just be my game but I'm seeing a lot more penalty misses from my own team and AI post patch.

Also on the subject of penalties an issue I've had in 14 and 15 is players taking a penalty to complete a hattrick, I don't mind them automatically taking them over selected penalty takers but the percentage of those scored is bizarrely low. Or is this a pressure situation that's actually really hard to convert in real life?

Archived