Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kriss, thanks for telling me what I do or don't remember.

However, I do remember it, and I am not making stuff up.

I am also pretty sure that it's been said by someone with some sort of power.

I always (since I read it last year) considered it to be the case, and thought it was understandable (since it's a game, after all).

Which is why, unless something extreme happens, I won't complain about low chance conversion rates.

Then your memory is at fault I'm afraid, nobody at or associated with SI would say such a thing because they would know it to be a complete fallacy, they'd also know their big bucks job just went out the window :D

Then your memory is at fault I'm afraid, nobody at or associated with SI would say such a thing because they would know it to be a complete fallacy, they'd also know their big bucks job just went out the window :D

Fair enough...

I actually thought it was common knowledge. :o

Its possible to become homesick over any length of time isn't it?

Possibly I suppose. But to add to this car crash scenario (we're in April, so about 5 weeks of the season left) I tell him ok I'll sell you at the end of the season. He says he can't wait that long. Wtf? I physically can't sell him until then. It's just another example of player interaction needing a lot of work.

Also, has anyone noticed a huge increase in own goals? I don't know if it's because I am in the Portuguese second division but there seems to be at least one own goal every other game.

What does that mean fGs! either there are or there aren't, you can count?

ANybody any idea why my physion is now giving me my injury update in Spanish. Estimated time out is corret just the names of the injuries are in Spanish

Could you please post this in the bugs forum and upload a save game, it seems like an "every now and then" bug.

Seen a report of the same in Brazil.

Possibly I suppose. But to add to this car crash scenario (we're in April, so about 5 weeks of the season left) I tell him ok I'll sell you at the end of the season. He says he can't wait that long. Wtf? I physically can't sell him until then. It's just another example of player interaction needing a lot of work.

Couldn't you send him home for a while? It's what they usually expect in this situation and they then come back all cured of their homesickness.

I do agree that someone becoming homesick 4 years after moving sounds a bit stupid. Then again there are of course players like Carlos Tevez...

It's something that can't ever be conclusively argued, but I feel morale is still far too impacting and too malleable in the game and part of a two prong thought on training as well.

I know each player is different and there are other stats you don't see, but when you have an unlucky defeat after having been performing well an ambitious and determined individual doesn't strike me as being the type to react worst to the defeat - a player with 17 determination goes from superb to okay, meanwhile determination 8 sees a smaller change from superb to very good. That is the rather circumstantial side of it, which is very difficult to ever make arguments about.

However, I think the next point which is perhaps only really exploitable/usable by a human player is arranging friendlies.

You can easily and still without any negative effects thanks to rest from training arrange a friendly in any period with a week between games or 2/3 during an international break against a team of nobodies who beating 6/7/8-0 provides an upsurge in morale.

During periods of the season when fixtures are intense such as when padding fixtures with friendlies and around christmas in the premier league, or when getting to later stages of the cups & champions league, rest players weeks at a time with no discernible consequence. Young players still improve and develop well, senior players don't suffer any loss of attributes and injuries are kept to a minimum. Rest days don't seem to count as alleviating the intensity of training, so players never complain about a lack of training like they would if it were to be set to light - nor does it have a knock on effect on the development of PPM's.

Couldn't you send him home for a while? It's what they usually expect in this situation and they then come back all cured of their homesickness.

I do agree that someone becoming homesick 4 years after moving sounds a bit stupid. Then again there are of course players like Carlos Tevez...

I'm in April involved in a title race and CL quarter finals, it's hardly the time to be sending key players off for a few weeks holiday.

ANybody any idea why my physion is now giving me my injury update in Spanish. Estimated time out is corret just the names of the injuries are in Spanish

Maybe he's learning it in his spare time, and wants to practise?

Homesickness can strike any time I guess. I have lived in France for two years and still get the occasional bout. You should report it in the bug forum anyway. Either it is a feature that rarely players can become homesick for various reasons after a long period in another country (family or something want to move, got sick) or it is a bug. Either way you will get an answer!

Anything to do with structural change to MLS has to be approved as it is a licensed league. We are looking at improving this for a future patch however.

Thanks for the explanation! Hopefully MLS approves that change sooner than later, considering how outdated it is.

Yeah, I come on here to make stuff up...

I am asking if anyone else has noticed is as I have had an increase in own goals.

It is the same game you and I and everybody else is playing. Sorry, but it is not possible for me to see an own goal happening rarely (I have seen 2 in 21 matches in my current save), while you are seeing an own goal every other match. Maybe your sample size is 2 matches, and you saw 1 own goal :rolleyes:, then yes, I take it back, you are not making it up.

Isn't that what makes the game so good?

I mean everyone's game is different, I have no problems with own goals, I have no problems with too many goals, I also have no problems with injuries being to high.

While others are having 'problems' with these I am not.

I could complain that I am seeing too many yellow and red cards, I won't as I have have no idea if it is just a phase that I am going through, it is also happening to the opposition so it could be just one of those things.

The only thing I can agree with that I have seen here posted is the amount of chances being created.

I had 4 games back to back where I was in total control but it did not work out that way.

1 game that springs to mind is when I had 34 shots at goal, I had 6 CCC's and 6 half chances, I missed a penalty, we were just all over them, we were 1-0 up and in the 88th minute, from 30 yards they had their 3rd shot at goal and made it 1-1.

I take it on the chin and move on but then it happened very similar in the very next game, we didn't have as many shots but very close to it and again it ended 1-1.

I really just have to put it down to bad luck, I mean it is clear my tactic is working, I am having the majority of the ball, I have having some great chances at goal, I am giving the opposition very little chances and let's be honest if a player is going to score from 30 yards there is very little I can do about it.

Now here is the part that many posters forget to add.....

Now in the CL I am having a nightmare, the first 2 games against the teams I would fancy beating I am all over them, even though I am in total control I end up drawing 1-1(the game I mentioned above), the other game I get beaten 1-0, unbelievable!

I feel like doing a Steve Bruce and complain to anyone that will listen.

The next game I am away to PSG, they are all over me, I am trying to change things but the truth is they are just better than me, we are 2-0 down after 30 minutes, the game ends with them having 28 shots at goal, some really good chances, they hit the woodwork 3 times, we only had 7 shots all game with no CCC ....... the game ends 2-2!

Swings and roundabouts.

They literally said they make it so, to keep the scores down. When asked last year why do strikers shoot from 16 yards when one on one, someone just said they had to do it, so they don't score too much. Basically they said we have no idea how to make defenders better, and have less one on ones, so we'll just totally nuke strikers using their chances to keep the scores more realistic.
I don't know if that's how it is this year, but vividly remember that answer in the FM14 thread. They didn't say we don't know how to fix the defending in those words, but they said we toned down strikers finishing one on ones to keep the scores down. I understand it's hard to satisfy everyone and to write a good match engine, but the last one seemed really good to me, they just needed to fix the bugs, the defender slow walking to balls, keepers coming up to a ball and just standing there while a striker slots it in, just lightly under-powering the crosses. It seems it goes from one extreme to another. Over powered crosses, to useless crosses and so forth. Also the keepers are gods now for certain shots, and still clueless for others. Needs more balancing.
This is completely untrue :D
Really? I definitely remember reading about chances being missed to keep scores down, because you couldn't just do away with the high amount of chances, which is in place to keep the user from getting bored watching drab football.
You definitely don't remember that, how about you stop making things up?
Fair enough...

I actually thought it was common knowledge. :o

hey guys, i think maybe lukok and challenger refer to this post by Tony Fallows

In fact interceptions are too high too :D

the main thing we're missing is the physical battles that real life defending involves. Easing players off the ball with a shoulder challenge and so on. We're working on this constantly.

We are aware of issues with shooting. We believe finishing of simple chances may need improving, but this will have to be counterbalanced so as not to overload the ME with too many goals.

Average shots per team in the English Premier League last season was 14 per match.

link here post #22

this is in fm 2014 bugs report

it's up to you how to interprete this quote, but i think this just want to explain that there are some limitation in the ME (in this case fm 2014 ME) regarding to finishing, for the sake of not overflowing the ME with too many goals

cheers :)

No where in that quote does Tony say they have stopped 1 on 1 chances being scored as it would lead to too many goals, he says easy chances may need improving and then they would have to counterbalance any change they made.

Not sure how else you could interpret it.

I dont have too much of a problem with the amount of goals in the new patch. However I feel there is a huge inconsistency with results in full detail matches and results in non detailed matches.

An example:

Conference North on Full detail

Conference South not on full detail

Conference North season finishes with all teams scoring 20 more goals on average than teams in the Conference South who finished in the same position for five seasons in a row.

The way this impacts on the game is that records are affected and records are broken only in full detail run leagues. in all the other leagues in England not being run on full detail, after five seasons each other divisions record scoring game in this time is a mere 4-4 or 4-3. Whereas in my league, matches are finishing 7-4, 6-3, 7-3 etc on a regular basis.

The point i'm making is that the non detail league results need to be edited and changed by SI in a way so that they match the kind of results that are being achieved in full detail matches. Because at the moment its well off and as soon as I end up managing in the premier league, all kinds of scoring records are going to be smashed instantly due to the inconsistencies between full detail and none detail games.

I dont have too much of a problem with the amount of goals in the new patch. However I feel there is a huge inconsistency with results in full detail matches and results in non detailed matches.

An example:

Conference North on Full detail

Conference South not on full detail

Conference North season finishes with all teams scoring 20 more goals on average than teams in the Conference South who finished in the same position for five seasons in a row.

The way this impacts on the game is that records are affected and records are broken only in full detail run leagues. in all the other leagues in England not being run on full detail, after five seasons each other divisions record scoring game in this time is a mere 4-4 or 4-3. Whereas in my league, matches are finishing 7-4, 6-3, 7-3 etc on a regular basis.

The point i'm making is that the non detail league results need to be edited and changed by SI in a way so that they match the kind of results that are being achieved in full detail matches. Because at the moment its well off and as soon as I end up managing in the premier league, all kinds of scoring records are going to be smashed instantly due to the inconsistencies between full detail and none detail games.

Could you start a new thread with your observations and I'll try to bring it to the attention of the relevant person.

I just had my GK take a free kick near the corner flag, he kicked it straight to an opposition player who then proceeded to shoot into the empty net. Seriously, if something like this can happen we should have the option of choosing the player to take these kicks (defensive free kicks or whatever they're called). I would never ever let my goalie take free kicks so close to the touchline if I had a choice.

All in all I'm pretty happy with the game. Seems slightly on the easy side, certainly easier than FM14. Either that, or I just happened to create a great tactic by sheer luck...

One thing that's been slightly bugging me is the amount of injuries where I'm forced to take a player off and then he's fine after the game. I mean how often does it happen that a player is so badly hurt that he has to come off and yet be technically fit to play right after the match? Seems unrealistic. Other than that I have no problem with injuries, definitely not too many of them.

hey guys, i think maybe lukok and challenger refer to this post by Tony Fallows

link here post #22

this is in fm 2014 bugs report

it's up to you how to interprete this quote, but i think this just want to explain that there are some limitation in the ME (in this case fm 2014 ME) regarding to finishing, for the sake of not overflowing the ME with too many goals

cheers :)

That's not any indication of artificial limitation, it means they's have to tinker with all the facets of build up play to reduce goal opportunities (which would lead to too many goals given his proposals)

Of course scoring opportunities are "controlled" they have to be, but it's done by attempting to persuade the ME to replicate rl football so as the scoring is controlled as rl does it. Not artificially i.e. rubber banding.

I just had my GK take a free kick near the corner flag, he kicked it straight to an opposition player who then proceeded to shoot into the empty net. Seriously, if something like this can happen we should have the option of choosing the player to take these kicks (defensive free kicks or whatever they're called). I would never ever let my goalie take free kicks so close to the touchline if I had a choice.

All in all I'm pretty happy with the game. Seems slightly on the easy side, certainly easier than FM14. Either that, or I just happened to create a great tactic by sheer luck...

One thing that's been slightly bugging me is the amount of injuries where I'm forced to take a player off and then he's fine after the game. I mean how often does it happen that a player is so badly hurt that he has to come off and yet be technically fit to play right after the match? Seems unrealistic. Other than that I have no problem with injuries, definitely not too many of them.

That's a bug that received some attention for this update, so can you confirm your version number and if you are up to date please do a bug report, ta.

My current injured players :( So Frustrating.

a69315dd1d9df1f25c27234b9bea2431.png

I have the same problem and every time a new patch comes out I'm hoping that they fix it.

efb5afd59011fcde376c958290e97982.png

Those are all players who are currently injured or just recently came back from an injury. I even had to call up some U-21 Players to fill the match squad before.

I don't know why the injuries are such a problem in FM 15, i know that the devs claim that it isn't but it must be something going on cos this is not normal

some observations following the recent patch.

1. Goalkeepers seem very inconsistent - sometimes they seem unable to catch simple shots (with the ball rebounding off them or going out for a corner as before) and other times they are pulling off unbelievable saves. I've found this is the same at all levels of league football.

2. Definitely seem to be seeing more goals than 15.1.4, as others have commented (mostly in my favour, which is quite nice :) )

3. Still a lot of comedy defending going on - backpasses straight to the opposition, I've even seen a few fresh air kicks. Although I realise it does happen IRL, it seems to be happening quite frequently at the top level

4. Loads of penalties. I've found this since the first couple of updates but particularly since 15.1.4. I recently had a 3-1 loss where all the goals came from penalties, and another one was missed. It seems that there are generally more missed penalties than before too.

5. Lots more CCC's being created, but strikers failing to hit the target more too.

Overall I'm finding it frustrating to view matches in 3D again which is a shame. While there are many improvements in this version of the match engine, to me it still doesn't come close to FM12's or 13's in terms of overall enjoyment.

I have the same problem and every time a new patch comes out I'm hoping that they fix it.

efb5afd59011fcde376c958290e97982.png

Those are all players who are currently injured or just recently came back from an injury. I even had to call up some U-21 Players to fill the match squad before.

I don't know why the injuries are such a problem in FM 15, i know that the devs claim that it isn't but it must be something going on cos this is not normal

Not normal? http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php?SKEY=k9sntp84bpjc3dfrqg2g2saqu5

I tick Exploit the flanks, but player constantly play through the middle. Why are you kidding with us each year. It's totally not respect for us. 15 patches and months before we can play the game. It's a shame!

Perhaps the opposition is preventing balls out wide? The other manager uses tactics too, you know.

Perhaps the opposition is preventing balls out wide? The other manager uses tactics too, you know.

NO, my wide players is constantly allone, and have plenty of room to send them away, but they are constantly pushing the pass in the middle. I play this for 10 years and we do not talk nonsense.

Well, I have to say I am not seeing so many injuries or even cards. I am not even seeing my defence letting players just keep running without trying to defend. One thing I have noticed though is that there is still a big problem with the players moaning. Firstly about not getting enough first team football then about promises being broken. I've got players complaining about getting first team football despite playing a mass majority of the season. I've also got players who have players saying promises not being met with regards to first team football despite the players playing every game over the 2-3 months since complaining. Seems to be no way of keeping a player happy once they make the initial complaint. It's almost as though once they've registered that complaint it doesn't even seem to acknowledge they are even playing at all. I've pretty much got my entire first team complaining and wanting a transfer because they're not playing enough. Even though there is fair amount of rotation due to the tiredness. Strange.

Archived