Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it my imagination or have the team form results gone from right to left (but were) left to right?

example my last 5 games (would have been like this) LLWXW but now WXWLL

do you unnderstand what i mean?

Yup, I noticed that, too. Also, while I'm here:

- Finishing now looks silly. I'd say that my players still miss as much as they used to (and score as much as they used to), but when they do miss now, they miss by a mile, often kicking the ball out for a throw in. It looks unnatural and forced.

- I just had the entire team get angry with me for selling some unknown, 1,5 star youngster AMC that was never gonna make it (and I actually brought in Odegaard, but that doesnt seem to matter?).

- The alternative skin is terrible, I suddenly love the original one. I guess that was the actual agenda with the alternative skin :D

Had a few games now with the new patch.

keepers have gone from being slow and clumsy to being supercat like with hands made of super glue, had one point blank shot from 6yd line saves by the keeper, not parried away but actually saved with both hands as if it was an easy pick out of the air, just not realistic.

Strikers have went from being decent and fairly good stats to missing chance after chance, one shot from my main striker with good composure/finishing took a shot from the middle of the box and the nearly hit the corner flag wtf??

I know I usually have to tweak my tactics after a new patch, I'm still winning games but it's gone from being a decent ME enjoyable to watch to being a bad ME to watch with players just kicking the ball against opponents and looking like they've never played the game before, all a bit disappointing again from SI, too many tweaks with every patch, 3 years in a row now the game has been messed up by fiddling about with it.

It will be connected to their professionalism and loyalty stats plus temperament and ambition, at least that’s my guess. It seems to me that some work has gone into this area because while individuals may complain if handled well then it doesn’t seem to have massive knock on effect to the rest of the team. I had a meeting with three players earlier today who were complaining that I was being unfair to another player for not playing him. I just told them that if he played then somebody else (hint hint) would lose their place to make way for him, that lead to “oh we hadn’t thought of that”, conversation over, rebellion over.

True but maybe there should be a hidden "common sense" or "intelligence" stat in there as well !!

I had two players moaning when I was on a 10 match unbeaten run. Even the thickest of players "should" realise you can't change a winning team. Some of the replies you give them are a bit ambiguous as well. I know there is no right or wrong answer and it depends what sort of Manager you want to be depending on how you handle it but when you tell a player that "Michael Carrick is playing well I can't drop him" and the player responds "I don't think he is playing that well" it's very hit and miss. I have two 20 year olds who have half a star potential moaning about no first team football and that's bizarre.

The other strange situation was Enner Valencia. He wanted to leave and Monaco came in with a bid, I pushed them to a pretty decent offer of up to 22 million but then I decided to keep him. I hadn't said he could go but suddenly he and half the team rounded on me. Must confess at that point I reloaded because I thought it was silly. On the reload I sold him and he said that he wanted to go because Monaco could offer him and his family financial security and we couldn't offer him that. I looked at his wage at Monaco and it was 70 grand a week. I could have offered him that!!! Although maybe tax could have something to do with it!!

To be fair if you do try and offload unhappy players they do appreciate you are trying to get rid of them but it seems an awful lot of work to try and find the key to keeping them happy. If your tactics are good, morale is good and you are doing well it seems a shame that a slip of the tongue could ruin it.

Re strikers missing chances and keepers with super glue on their hands. I think if we have strikers finishing like they did pre patch, keepers mid way between the two extremes, crossing slightly improved and set pieces majorly improved the ME could be very good.

And someone please tell me how to score from a corner?!!!?!!

Had a few games now with the new patch.

keepers have gone from being slow and clumsy to being supercat like with hands made of super glue, had one point blank shot from 6yd line saves by the keeper, not parried away but actually saved with both hands as if it was an easy pick out of the air, just not realistic.

Strikers have went from being decent and fairly good stats to missing chance after chance, one shot from my main striker with good composure/finishing took a shot from the middle of the box and the nearly hit the corner flag wtf??

I know I usually have to tweak mt tactics after a new patch, I'm still winning games but it's gone from being a decent ME enjoyable to watch to being a bad ME to watch with players just kicking the ball against opponents and looking like they've never played the game before, all a bit disappointing again from SI, too many tweaks with every patch, 3 years in a row now the game has been messed up by fiddling about with it.

I wish SI will do one main ME that runs every game.

True but maybe there should be a hidden "common sense" or "intelligence" stat in there as well !!

I had two players moaning when I was on a 10 match unbeaten run. Even the thickest of players "should" realise you can't change a winning team. Some of the replies you give them are a bit ambiguous as well. I know there is no right or wrong answer and it depends what sort of Manager you want to be depending on how you handle it but when you tell a player that "Michael Carrick is playing well I can't drop him" and the player responds "I don't think he is playing that well" it's very hit and miss. I have two 20 year olds who have half a star potential moaning about no first team football and that's bizarre.

The other strange situation was Enner Valencia. He wanted to leave and Monaco came in with a bid, I pushed them to a pretty decent offer of up to 22 million but then I decided to keep him. I hadn't said he could go but suddenly he and half the team rounded on me. Must confess at that point I reloaded because I thought it was silly. On the reload I sold him and he said that he wanted to go because Monaco could offer him and his family financial security and we couldn't offer him that. I looked at his wage at Monaco and it was 70 grand a week. I could have offered him that!!! Although maybe tax could have something to do with it!!

To be fair if you do try and offload unhappy players they do appreciate you are trying to get rid of them but it seems an awful lot of work to try and find the key to keeping them happy. If your tactics are good, morale is good and you are doing well it seems a shame that a slip of the tongue could ruin it.

Re strikers missing chances and keepers with super glue on their hands. I think if we have strikers finishing like they did pre patch, keepers mid way between the two extremes, crossing slightly improved and set pieces majorly improved the ME could be very good.

And someone please tell me how to score from a corner?!!!?!!

No idea about corners, I’ve scored a couple more by luck than judgement but free kicks are a waste of time they all miss, have tried to get them to pass rather than shoot but to no avail. Re the keepers and saves and not unrelated to what you were saying earlier. Better to have something unrealistic if it makes something else more realistic, in this case score lines that resemble football not rugby.

I've played 5 games since the patch, all mental scorelines! Screenshot as follows, patch installed prior to QOS game. I thought the uber high scoring bug was fixed!?!?

a>

Hearts in the Champions League and scoring seven against Liverpool in the 3rd season, when they don't even start the first season in the Prem :lol:

I'm seeing far too many examples of this sort of wild overachievement early on in saves from people. It might be fun for the user, but it's a worrying sign for the game.

It could just be small sample, but I'm seeing a large increase in goals scored. I am playing as Tottenham and am through 29 games in my 2nd season. I played the entire first season and first 21 games of this one under the previous update. My squad has remained consistent since the winter window of season 1, and I use the same tactic every match, just adjusting in game instructions.

First 59 games: 1.61 goals per game

Last 8 games: 2.81 goals per game.

It could certainly be a small sample, but it also doesn't feel like it.

Just to clarify, those numbers are only my team's goal's scored.

It could just be small sample, but I'm seeing a large increase in goals scored. I am playing as Tottenham and am through 29 games in my 2nd season. I played the entire first season and first 21 games of this one under the previous update. My squad has remained consistent since the winter window of season 1, and I use the same tactic every match, just adjusting in game instructions.

First 59 games: 1.61 goals per game

Last 8 games: 2.81 goals per game.

It could certainly be a small sample, but it also doesn't feel like it.

Let me share my small sample then: Since update I played 8 matches, score a total of 10 goals, and conceded 6 only. Barely 2.00 goals/match, which is significantly lower than my usual 2.5-2.8 goals/match before update, using same tactic.

If anything, free kicks were too accurate before the update, but now they seem to be maybe a little less accurate than real life. People are overreacting. Just checked the real life stats. In the last 4 years in Premiere League, the average goal from free-kicks PER YEAR, for all the teams, was around 30. That's total. It comes to 1.50 free-kick goals per team per year. If your team scores 2, that means you are above average already. Let that sink in please, before reaching conclusions about the free kicks in ME.

Conversion rate in real life is around 5% though, which seems to be significantly higher than current ME. So, we can conclude that, there are too many free kick chances given in FM, but the total number of goals we see from free kicks is not a whole lot less than in real life.

https://www.bsports.com/statsinsights/football/premier-league-free-kick-liverpool-man-city-utd#.VIpNTzHF_n8

I only played 1/3 of a season after the update, and there are teams with already 2 fk goals, there are some with 1, and some with 0. The total number at the end of the season will probably be around 25 from the looks of it, which is NOT alarmingly low.

Please share some stats from your games.

Well, I am not quite sure about the outcome of the "less goals in lower level/division matches" effort, I played 2 matches since I updated the game to v15.2, the results were 2-3 and......8-3.(after 0-3 even, what a sensational come-back)

Remarkably, the most of the goals were scored in the last 15 minutes of the matches, and many of them during the few minutes additional overtime even.

I've played 5 games since the patch, all mental scorelines! Screenshot as follows, patch installed prior to QOS game. I thought the uber high scoring bug was fixed!?!?

a>

With things like this it would be really useful to look at the tactic you are using, since these scorelines are extreme. I would guess that it is going to be an extremely open offensive tactic. But if we can see how you are setting up the team, it may help us understand why games are producing such scorelines. In turn, this allows a proper detailed bug report to be posted saying "if you play like this, with these instructions, these strange things tend to happen." Helps narrow down possible causes.

2014_12_11_00003.jpg

2014_12_11_00004.jpg

2014_12_11_00005.jpg

2014_12_11_00006.jpg

2014_12_11_00007.jpg

those are some results on my LLM saves, there obviously lot of goals, but perhaps the players at that level are just so bad regarding to their low mental and technical attributes. maybe it's the ME problems or the old "it's your/their tactics" arguments. i just don't know which one.

I've noticed far too many goals straight from kick off and following the restart, both for my team as well as the oppositon.

And I also have a problem with when the floodgates open. 0-0 at half time and we're dominating the match, the opposition get one goal and then it all...goes...wrong. Every corner and every attack ends up going in despite enacting damage limitation. I never restart and replay a fixture but at 6-0 I had enough because it was getting ridiculous.

This has happened too many times as well and it becomes embarrassing to watch. Every attack, every corner goes in and my team crumble. Yes I know football is a funny old game, yes I know you'll ask me about my team's stats and determination etc. but come on....really?

2014_12_11_00003.jpg

2014_12_11_00004.jpg

2014_12_11_00005.jpg

2014_12_11_00006.jpg

2014_12_11_00007.jpg

those are some results on my LLM saves, there obviously lot of goals, but perhaps the players at that level are just so bad regarding to their low mental and technical attributes. maybe it's the ME problems or the old "it's your/their tactics" arguments. i just don't know which one.

It could very well be the fact that it's a custom database extending the leagues well below the usual "floor". I always thought that there's a limit as to how low FM can go with the way players are rated. Anywhere beyond that, and the players can't get much worse. Could well be that these players are so bad collectively that you're seeing more goals.

Having said that, I wouldn't say those screens show anything that bad. There's more goals than you'd perhaps expect, but not wildly so.

So after last years game, I decided to wait rather than buy on release, so that when I first play this game, most of the annoying bugs etc have been ironed out. Iv only played for a couple hours, it will certainly take some getting used to with the new formats but I'm sure it's going to be great and I like a lot of the new features. Anyway first game, I'm chelsea and the opener is home to Man City, yet my team are wearing our yellow away kit?! Clearly that's wrong. In fact neither team needs to wear an away kit! Anyone else had this?! Or have I bizarrely got something in my preferences I need to find and change ?

Other than my weird game against Morecombe I’m not having any issues with either high scores or striker finishing but given that both these seem to be a problem in some people’s games it does suggest that tactics are at fault. However this should not be happening, if you look at real life most high scoring games are not caused by bad tactics the vast bulk of the time. Mostly its bad defending, defenders being unable to do their job in a perfectly acceptable tactical set-up, Southampton’s 8.0 thrashing of Sunderland a case in point, it’s not as if Sunderland were trying to execute some sort of all out attack plan its just their defenders were inept on the day. In short playing attacking tactics should not be resulting in over regular high scoring games unless all pretence at defence is being abandoned. In my game against Morecombe which ended 5-4 neither side was set out for gung ho attack and I’ve not seen anything like it while using the same tactic it’s just every shot seemed to go in and both defences were poor that day, it happens in real life too.

Only played 2 games so hardly the benchmark to be overly critical but do feel that every patch results in either a more refined ME or one with strange quirks. Maybe it's paranoia but strikers seem to miss chances so blatantly that it's almost like the ME is making a point of 'another missed chance' rather than embracing realism (i.e. more likely in given position that the striker will finish it).

Only played 2 games so hardly the benchmark to be overly critical but do feel that every patch results in either a more refined ME or one with strange quirks. Maybe it's paranoia but strikers seem to miss chances so blatantly that it's almost like the ME is making a point of 'another missed chance' rather than embracing realism (i.e. more likely in given position that the striker will finish it).

It's almost like the ME is a delicate balancing act where the tiniest change somewhere can have an effect somewhere else. Almost.

Anyone else noticed that after a bad game where some players get 6.1-6.3 marks, you now cannot issue them with a warning for a bad game and when you do tell them they were poor, they reply by saying you're trying to make them the scapegoat or to check my tactics as it's my fault??

Ok, this is just stupid now. 2nd game hull city vs chelsea both teams wear away kits.

I think you should raise this in the bugs forum along with PKMs of the matches.

This was a problem in the demo/beta that was fixed in the first hotfix. Evidently it may have krept in again.

2014_12_11_00003.jpg

2014_12_11_00004.jpg

2014_12_11_00005.jpg

2014_12_11_00006.jpg

2014_12_11_00007.jpg

I would expect higher scores in lower level football, because the defenders and 'keepers are likely much worse. Any idea what the scores in that division are like in real life?

I think you should raise this in the bugs forum along with PKMs of the matches.

This was a problem in the demo/beta that was fixed in the first hotfix. Evidently it may have krept in again.

Yes definitely raise a bug report with pkm please, also mention if you're using any custom graphics.

strikers are generally missing easy positions.

In itself that isn't helpful, could you maybe upload some examples (pkms) in the bugs forum, also some numbers and the level you're playing at would help, strikers do miss easy chances.

Yes definitely raise a bug report with pkm please, also mention if you're using any custom graphics.

I've got nothing customised or downloaded I just purchased the game via steam and it then the other day updated to 15.2.. This is my first time playing it. Without having to trawl through all the pages on this thread, I assume from the fact you want me to raise this in the bugs forum that your game and others aren't expereincing this at all(?) and it's just mine.

I've noticed far too many goals straight from kick off and following the restart, both for my team as well as the oppositon.

And I also have a problem with when the floodgates open. 0-0 at half time and we're dominating the match, the opposition get one goal and then it all...goes...wrong. Every corner and every attack ends up going in despite enacting damage limitation. I never restart and replay a fixture but at 6-0 I had enough because it was getting ridiculous.

This has happened too many times as well and it becomes embarrassing to watch. Every attack, every corner goes in and my team crumble. Yes I know football is a funny old game, yes I know you'll ask me about my team's stats and determination etc. but come on....really?

There's a tactics forum where you should at least consult people in case somebody can help you a bit.

I've got nothing customised or downloaded I just purchased the game via steam and it then the other day updated to 15.2.. This is my first time playing it. Without having to trawl through all the pages on this thread, I assume from the fact you want me to raise this in the bugs forum that your game and others aren't expereincing this at all(?) and it's just mine.

It doesn't matter how many others have seen something, it's always worth raising in the bugs forum anyway. Even if a hundred users had seen the same general issue, things could be subtly different on one of those users setups. It really does make a difference with every bug report.

Did anyone notice other than poor finishing, defensive mid are getting very low ratings? Mine is getting below 7 in the new patch, before avg 7.3 with same tactic formation. And i checked other DMs in top teams, all their stats are kinda low,.

Yes, the lack of financial security being a big worry for Premier League players :) I reckon it's realistic that FM is highlighting the greed of modern day football, but still makes me sad..

I haven't seen anybody else mention it (I don't see everything though) so a report would be appreciated.

Archived