Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

I quite like the ME. I like the varied build up and the variety of goals I have seen. The only issue that stands out is the amount of easy chances that are missed. I'm not talking about 1-1's or shots inside the area. I'm talking about a player 6 yards out, by himself with the keeper in the middle of the goal or worse still, the keeper on the floor from a previous save. The amount of times a striker (high quality one at that) hits at straight at the keeper is too high.

I'm not seeing unrealistic amounts of goals, or even shots/CCC's. It has a very nice balanced feel about it, it's just that one thing that. It's actually at the point where I don't expect a player to score if they're 6 yards out and the ball breaks to them, which seems a little weird.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thinking of buying the game but had been warned off by many negative reviews. can anyone tell me if injuries to your players is better now after the patch?

Injuries were only bad in the Beta. If people are still getting a lot of injuries, then you're not looking after your players properly.

I play FMC, so can't be sure, but I thought this was removed quite some time ago?

Ricardo Rodríguez made a 6.0 performance in a United (me) 3x2 Everton and there is no option to official reprimand this player, only private conversations. Juan Mata done a 6.2 performance in this game too and just as same, no official rebuke. :( Before patch 15.2 this option are still availaible

They broke Alt+F9 apparently. Only way currently is go into window mode & use Ctrl+Prt Sc.

it's made the game borderline unplayable for me now.

LOL thats the funniest post I've seen. How can removing a method for screen print make a game unplayable :)

Injuries were only bad in the Beta. If people are still getting a lot of injuries, then you're not looking after your players properly.

What is happening is that people who claim excessive injuries do not appear to be relatig this to real life both in terms of frequency and number of squad players injured

Finishing is poorer but what are we to expect when there are a lot of grumbles that there are too many goals?! Happened in FM12 when the patch was decent but grumbles of too many goals basically meant that through balls got nuked!!

I guess the problem is that there are two types of gamers. Those who want the "realism" and those who want an "alternative reality". Like the posts above about WBA doing well first season. As an alternative reality type of guy I like to see that. I like to see someone who has managed to find a working tactic and managed well do well early on and have success with the real life players WBA have rather than have to wait a few gaming years before you can bring in better players or regens. I actually feel for the guy when people suggest that the game is too easy because he is achieving that. Rather than applaud him for doing well, the game is too easy?!?!?!

Again I hate it when the game gets crammed of regens and prefer the real life players, but that's just me. But being a Hammer I have suffered too many seasons of a financially poorer Club struggling to stay in the top flight and I don't really want to experience that playing FM unless I have too. If I have success early on and beat Man City 5-1 at home it may be unrealistic but that's what I prefer and alternative reality. If I am not doing well, then fine I'll have to work at it but let's not have a line drawn where you shouldn't be doing well purely on the basis that your players are worse than the oppositions. If the game threw up just the usual real life suspects winning all the time it would be one boring game so the Hammers 4th at Christmas? Why not..... Oops that's real life albeit I feel like they are playing in an alternative reality right now!!!

Anyway. Finishing. It does seem to have gone a tad awry since the last patch. Same as crossing which now seems like every cross ends up being cleared by a defender or goes straight into the keepers hands.

The two examples below are hardly conclusive but I am starting to see a pattern. The first screenshot (alt-F9 works!!) shows my last match pre update v Man City,. As you see shots are fairly central which they have been regularly for me and Podolski (finishing 20, composure 19) has been hitting the target and scoring regularly, from crosses as well I hasten to add with good movement and finishing.

The second example is against Arsenal post update so a similar type of opposition. It shows that a great many chances close in have missed the net or been saved by the improved keepers.

As I say far from conclusive but from what I have seen since the patch is :

***More close range chances missing the net or being saved, sometimes double saved when the keeper is on the ground.

***More long range shots although not noticeable in the examples given. This may be more to do with some teams dropping deeper though.

***Crosses not as accurate and when they are players now seem to head free headers over the bar.

I wasn't scoring loads of goals pre update but easy chances were being finished off. Now it seems I have the same amount of chances but whereas Podolski for instance was curling some lovely efforts in or the pace of the shot was too hot to handle but he is now blasting over the bar or straight at the keeper. I hope we haven't nuked wide play just because apparently too many crosses were resulting in goals which I didn't see personally. If we are not careful we will have a one dimensional ME when only a certain type of goals will be scored just to keep the score down!!

PRE PATCH

WestHamvManCity_AnalysisPrePatch.png

POST PATCH

WestHamvArsenal_AnalysisPostPatch.png

Thx for posting out the pics, Yes, i feel the same that easy and absolute easy goals are missed very easily in regular basis. I think SI didn't just tweak KEEper reaction, also they tweaked down finishing. I already notice many ppl pointing out the finishing issue .

I dont care about losing, what i can't stand is obvious unreal actions been seen over and over again in the game. The biggest problem for the current update is players can't score wide open chances.

Could anyone on the SI end confirm that the female names problem is getting a couple of eyes on it, and that you just haven't found a fix yet? It makes me a sad panda to see teams with players called Poppy and Anna...

a1NkWIQ.png

And yes, I know nobody else cares about this. :p

the save bug is back it takes ages again to save your game - but that probbably mentioned allready.

and the increased prices for non npc controlled teams is out of whack. my bid for choupo-moting over 52mio € got rejected (wasn´t willing to spend that much anyway) while 1.2mio from RasenBall Leipzig was perfectly fine O_o...

Thx for posting out the pics, Yes, i feel the same that easy and absolute easy goals are missed very easily in regular basis. I think SI didn't just tweak KEEper reaction, also they tweaked down finishing. I already notice many ppl pointing out the finishing issue .

I dont care about losing, what i can't stand is obvious unreal actions been seen over and over again in the game. The biggest problem for the current update is players can't score wide open chances.

I've scored some great goals since the update so I can't agree! Maybe finishing was overpowered before the update so they corrected it.

QQCDBCC6AC20141211182030.jpg

Well , With no changes in tactic and players, shots and CCC significantly increased while finsihing is impressively poor. This game ended up with 2-0, but take a look at the shot on target. Before the patch, with same tactic same players, I have never had this kinda unrealistic number of shots . And also, i have had two penalties in last game,but i missed both in a row with player with very good mental and finishing stats, i can clearly feel that keeprs are very very strong now.

My point:

CONS:

-Passing is more accrurate so chances created are more.But....

-Finishing is extremely poor now, watching the star player with good mental and finsihing stats do unrealitic finishing is funny. Sometimes they shoot like 70 degrees off the bar.

-Goalkeeping is a lot stronger, maybe a bit too much?

PROS:

-Defending is better, AMRL position players track back and defend a lot more. I can tell that by watching the avg position , that is why the defence is now a lot better.

-Complete wing back now has support duty, But i dont know why its not included in the update lists, maybe SI forget? Or i missed it .

-Dribbling has been tweaked, it is very clear to see more reasonable dirbbles.

hi superfi, from the stats you posted above, can you show us which number refer to which stat?

I mean, like 55 is the number of shots, and 62% is definitely the possesion

Also, what is the number 13 refer to? Is it the number of CCC or woodwork?

Either way, imo ist's kinda unrealistic to score only 2 goals from 13 CCC, or more unrealistic if you hit woodwork incredibly 13 times

cheers, sorry mate for my bad english :o

A real ball playing Defender who steps out into the DM position in attack (opposite of a Half Back). Something like a Libero(s) who plays in the CB position. Bayern are using this role effectively as part of a back 3 at the moment but since the CD roles are quite limited I can't seem to recreate it.

Alan Hansen springs to mind he often got into very advanced positions; the engine would have to have a midfielder drop back as cover as happened with Liverpool. In real life any player can be asked to play in whatever way the manager wants but of course whether the player can actually carry out those instructions is another matter. The freedom to do that in FM would be brilliant but I can understand why SI would be wary, the ME is broken complaints would skyrocket.

Err, im reading lack of goals on the thread. Hope that wont happen to me. Playing Nottingham Forest, 8th season

Played 8 games so far after patch. Won 7 lost 1. Scored 22, conceded 6. Got 10 WCPs in my team though. I also use several exploitable things in the game :D

I can report that I am very happy with the attacking build up and varied type of chance. Even when opposition scored I can say what a wonderful goal. Good Job guys!

Hi, i was a silent reader in this forum before but maybe it's the time to post several of my concerns about the game.

In my LLM saves there are still too much goals per game, currently the leagues just played 10 games and there are 7 teams score 2.3 goals per game on average and 9 teams conceded 2.1 goals per game on avg. For the scoreline i've seen a lot of 3-3's, 2-2's, 3-2's and 4-1's but now rarely seen the 5-5's 7-3's or 8-1's, it's maybe because the marking fix on this patch and the improvement of passing/trough pass so there are some cases of high scoring games but not in the extreme way anymore.

Lastly i've experienced the odd numbers of free kicks on the edge of penalty boxes, which is slightly bugged me (i'm fortunate that in the lower leagues there are not so much Pirlo-esque players to exploit that). Hopefully the SI teams will work hard to make the ME more balanced and fixes some of this issues

Thats all and i will try to post again if i seen anything odd

Cheers from Indonesia! :)

Hi, i was a silent reader in this forum before but maybe it's the time to post several of my concerns about the game.

In my LLM saves there are still too much goals per game, currently the leagues just played 10 games and there are 7 teams score 2.3 goals per game on average and 9 teams conceded 2.1 goals per game on avg. For the scoreline i've seen a lot of 3-3's, 2-2's, 3-2's and 4-1's but now rarely seen the 5-5's 7-3's or 8-1's, it's maybe because the marking fix on this patch and the improvement of passing/trough pass so there are some cases of high scoring games but not in the extreme way anymore.

Lastly i've experienced the odd numbers of free kicks on the edge of penalty boxes, which is slightly bugged me (i'm fortunate that in the lower leagues there are not so much Pirlo-esque players to exploit that). Hopefully the SI teams will work hard to make the ME more balanced and fixes some of this issues

Thats all and i will try to post again if i seen anything odd

Cheers from Indonesia! :)

Selamat Siang Pak!

Interestingly I just saw 2 Premier League game with scores of 10-1 and 7-2 just now. Just 2 months in the game after patch, so maybe it is too early to say. It is possible in football

What else would he be comparing it to?

So where is the shot of what you're comparing it to?

It's one thing to complain about the free kicks leading to rebound goals (which was actually a problem) but complaining about where players are committing fouls? Really?

very impressed and thankful to SI for the improvements to the ME, especially reaction from GK

had my GK save a shot inside the box, get up and save the rebound at the near post to keep a clean sheet.....i saved the match highlights at the end so I can look again at it......very nice to see this improvement.

Selamat Siang Pak!

Interestingly I just saw 2 Premier League game with scores of 10-1 and 7-2 just now. Just 2 months in the game after patch, so maybe it is too early to say. It is possible in football

Selamat siang juga pak! (It's almost midnight here in Indonesia btw :) )

Yeah, i'll try to see what will happen at the end of the season and report again if the pattern of high scoring games still occurs.

Cheers!

very impressed and thankful to SI for the improvements to the ME, especially reaction from GK

had my GK save a shot inside the box, get up and save the rebound at the near post to keep a clean sheet.....i saved the match highlights at the end so I can look again at it......very nice to see this improvement.

NO still goalkeepers are losing reaction. ESPECIALLY When ball turn from woodwork goalkeepers are losing him reaction. These issues continues

My game will not load at all now, looks as if it is loading gets past the licensing screen and the just stops. It shows loading and filters through the various languages for loading but goes no further. Any advice?

If you have a lot of downloaded custom stuff then that could be one reason.

NO still goalkeepers are losing reaction. ESPECIALLY When ball turn from woodwork goalkeepers are losing him reaction. These issues continues

This is a very tricky area to fix, though we're confident that it's much improved in this ME compared to the last. Any further reports you find of this issue, please let us know here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/447-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

This is a very tricky area to fix, though we're confident that it's much improved in this ME compared to the last. Any further reports you find of this issue, please let us know here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/447-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Yes, we're improved, but continues.. only now numbers are little. Wait me, I am tired but i will upload

GK slow to react to rebound from post/crossbar is still a bit slow, but does seem vastly improved from previous versions. On the other hand, has anyone else noticed that the keepers especailly CPU seem to react BEFORE the shot is even in the air? It's almost like they preempt the shot, maybe the reaction time for shot stopping is slightly overboard ?

And here is an example of not scoring very easy scoring chances, i think my little brother can score that , but i duno a professional premeir league player can miss this. And this is just one of the many occations.

That's far from easy!

What is even easier than uploading .gif files to a forum, is uploading .pkm files to a Bugs Forum, as it is more satisfying to help resolve potential bugs, than it is to stir up a forum unnecessarily :brock:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/406157

Archived