Any one of you getting the WC burnout already?

CloudYildiz

Feeling burned out?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Feeling burned out?

• Yeah, i'm total loss at the moment
    • Yeah, but i'm enjoying it!
    • Meh, i'm used to it
    • No, its what i live for!

Im losing sleep living in Australia. Apparently the USA v Portugal game was the only late kick off i watched because of the time differences killing me slowly. But the excitement of this World Cup is unbelievable. Having just started watching football in 2002, by far this is the best one.

Some games I think "I'll stick it on but will read the forum as well" (non-WCF), other games I think "I'll stick it on and post in the threads on the WCF" (makes it more interesting imo) but most games I put on because I really want to watch them. Think there's only been two or three where I've felt I needed to browse the forum at the same time (Bosnia/Nigeria last night was one) and that's usually more down to tiredness than anything else. If I watch a game when I'm tired and it's not exciting, I hate it. I can't stick it. So something else to grab my attention (posting on the forum) usually helps.

tl;dr - absolutely not burned out, but some games have been very testing of my patience/good nature :lol:

I've also only missed about 5 games in total. Thought by this point I'd have missed as much as I'd seen :cool:

Missed the games tonight, as I needed sleep for my exam (the games are being shown at night here in Australia), but generally no way! This tournament has been awesome and I gladly go to bed early, wake upp at 2am and Watch the games :cool::thup:

Definitely gonna miss some games in 3rd round as I don't like watching replays. Also, it's a bit sad that some groups are already decided, sure teams can play for 1st and 2nd but that's never the same as fighting for survival.

Mexico vs Croatia is gonna be brilliant :)

Some games have been well... less entertaining than others but still very much enjoying this. I get a burnout on regular basis throughout the season, but I don't think I have ever other had/will have one during a WC. Even in an increasingly multicultural society and football world there's something exhilarating about seeing these 2 nations, 2 civilizations clash. 2 nations standing as one, hunting for glory. Superstars and famed teams failing to perform resulting in early exits, while complete nobody's become world famous and make history in 90 minutes time. Korea-Algeria, USA-Ghana, Holland-Australia. In how many other sports are these teams bound to meet?

Seriously when the day comes when a fifa world cup can no longer excite me, my life has lost all purpose. :D

Am off to the cricket on Wednesday night in Cardiff, will be the first games i'll miss of the tournament.

Loving every minute of it & will likely record those games & watch them the next day anyway

I will both Miss & be glad to see the back of the 11pm games mind.

Miss them because they were great fun at that time of night.

Not miss them at all, because I was usually so wired at the end, I wouldn't get to sleep until 3am.

Felt a tiny-tad burnt out yesterday only lasted till half time Algeria/South Koria game because of general tiredness went to bed at 9pm!!!

Have enjoyed this world cup more than anyother watching on TV,love the BBC Audio build up part!

Can only watch any match from 7,30 till 10 this week which means I miss the England game not to bothered about that too much :D

Not at all, but this week is the worst part of the world cup in my opinion, where most groups are already sorted and a lot of games are basically friendlies.

Yeah I don't like this part, and tbh generally prefer the early group stage games to the knockouts as well, purely because the games are coming thick and fast.

Not at all, but this week is the worst part of the world cup in my opinion, where most groups are already sorted and a lot of games are basically friendlies.

Whilst true, it also produces some tantalizing prospects - Chile/Netherlands, Mexico/Croatia just two examples for today. Should both be great games.

Haven't seen half as many games as I wanted to, so got loads left in me! Fortunately the 3am (11pm UK) games have finished so I should be able to catch quite a few more. Some really good group games left to go.

The thing that brings me down in World Cups is going from 2/3 games every day to one a day in the second round, then one every other day etc. This is what coming of class A drugs must feel like!

The thing that brings me down in World Cups is going from 2/3 games every day to one a day in the second round, then one every other day etc. This is what coming of class A drugs must feel like!

Not quite - groups end on Thurs then we have a day off before 2 games a day Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, then 2 days off before 2 games a day on Fri and Sat, then another 2 days off before 1 game on the tues and 1 on weds then another 2 days off before the 3rd place game on the sat and final on sun.

Not quite - groups end on Thurs then we have a day off before 2 games a day Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, then 2 days off before 2 games a day on Fri and Sat, then another 2 days off before 1 game on the tues and 1 on weds then another 2 days off before the 3rd place game on the sat and final on sun.

Thanks for that :) Although time difference means I probably won't get to watch the later games. They're the best ones too!

Burn out? Nah, I'm just delighted that I somehow managed to get through the day yesterday without a match :D

Seen every (non-simultaneously played) match so far, expect that to continue.

At one point my sports choices yesterday included boxing, NASCAR, and a retrospective on the 1999 St. Louis Rams.

It was an unpleasant day. Fortunately the World Cup runs right into the Tour de France, and NFL preseason starts not long after that.

Archived