FM 2014 Pre-Release Beta - Official feedback thread.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm in the Second Division in Colombia.

Top AV.R in the league are mostly Fullbacks/Wingbacks. I think it's a combination of defence and assists. Averaging around 4.4 tackles/game

That would tie in with madsheep's theory about the better defenders. There are 40 players in the EPl with more than 8.07 t/g , 22 with more that 9.08 t/g

Yeah, there are 15 players with 10+ TPG and key tackles seems to be very high as well.

Lucas , RVP and Giroud are the only 3 non defenders in the top 30 by AVR :)

Edit add in Lampard and Shelvey , Michu and Kenwyn Jones and the whole of the top 50 are defenders.

Sounds absurdly high. Last year the top 2 players irl for TPG managed just 4.7 and 4.1, both central midfielders, Lucas and Schneiderlin. In fact, most of the top TPG were defensive midfielders rather than defenders.

Will this ever be sorted......

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=187649122

This particular player has been a substitute for the majority of the season and a very sketchy av. rating of 7.06, miles behind my first choice wingers. So why on earth is a substitute on £625 a week suddenly requesting £3,400 ?! It's been going on at least from FM13 if not longer. I offered him a very generous £1,500 a week to renew his contract. It makes managing in the lower leagues virtually impossible and especially as I am doing the Euro academy challenge where I cannot sign any new players only rely on youth players...I cannot just simply let him go.

Someone please explain why he wants six times his current salary?!

That doesn't sound encouraging at all.

Any more feedback on contract negotiations so far from anyone?

I'm playing as Leicester with no money and massively over my wage budget so not had any opportunity to try any so far.

That would tie in with madsheep's theory about the better defenders. There are 40 players in the EPl with more than 8.07 t/g , 22 with more that 9.08 t/g

I have only just started the save, but I'll keep an eye on the other leagues too. I have them all loaded on full detail.

That doesn't sound encouraging at all.

Any more feedback on contract negotiations so far from anyone?

I'm playing as Leicester with no money and massively over my wage budget so not had any opportunity to try any so far.

Playing in Argentina they're very good, second division no outrageous demands and simple contracts.

Once in the Prem the contracts are much more complex and you need to be careful not to just accept anything. but I just persuaded one of my stars to extend for two seasons on the same wage so nothing wrong that I can see.

Awful game. Just more of the same poorly implemented garbage from last year and the year before. In particular, the effects of player motivation programming ruin an otherwise just about ok game - just the same as it has for the last few version. Tough decision whether to cancel pre-order this year.

Playing in Argentina they're very good, second division no outrageous demands and simple contracts.

Once in the Prem the contracts are much more complex and you need to be careful not to just accept anything. but I just persuaded one of my stars to extend for two seasons on the same wage so nothing wrong that I can see.

It doesn't occur everytime, but quite alot of the time personally, excessively unrealistic demands.. But surely is worth reporting/an explanation could be put forward?

how to swap matching pairs ???? sorry i really don't know

If you go to the player instruction screen, there's a button that says "swap position". I guess you'll have to highlight it for both players you want to swap.

Are you seeing a lot of goals in your save? I'm not seeing an unrealistic amount in my own games, but the AI games can be pretty high scoring.

Teams in Colombia love the 4-3-1-2 formation. One of the defensive issues is a massive gap between defence and midfield, which is made worse by these teams not playing a DM. The AMCs are running riot. Couple that with defenders being afraid to tackle until the very last minute and it's a free-for-all.

I've seen one or two people comment on this already, but I'd just like to add my voice to those who are saying that its too difficult to sell players. I had to offload Roberto Soldado on a free to A.C. Milan after the first season, although he had a decent enough season (5 goals and 5 assists in 20 league appearances, many of which were as a substitute, with average rating of 7.06).

Some of the fees demanded by clubs for their players is, in contradistinction, unreasonably high. I offered 100 million pounds for Jack Wilshire and it was refused. In real-life Arsenal would sell him for probably no more than 50 million.

On the other hand, I've seen some people complaining there are 'too many goals'. lol, please do not reduce the number of goals, the number is certainly not unreasonable at the moment, and I'd prefer the number of goals to be relatively generous than having to watch lots of boring 0-0s.

So reading from this thread it seems the same things which protect the ME remain a year later ie absurdly high tackles and interceptions preventing too many goals being scored. That's disappointing.

Nonetheless seems like there has been improvements but looking forward to next weeks demo to see if they figured out the non lofted through balls issues lol

It would be great if there was an official RAGE thread on this forum somewhere, where frustrated managers could go after just conceded the 3rd most daftest goal ever seen on FM series in the same game :lol: I have to keep telling myself...it's only a BETA

[video=youtube;RCoEdrsNHuQ]

Should I post this in the bug forum? Earlier in the game my defence was fine, halfway through I changed to specific marking then a few seconds later changed back as it wasn't working as I'd hoped. However, after I'd changed to the marking my defenders constantly did this every single attack (I was 3-0 up when I changed my marking) and eventually lost 6-3. They had 11 ccc's to put it into context and every single one was much like this. Defenders marking striker, striker gets the ball, defenders charge past striker towards my own strikers with no attempt to track back.

Should I post this in the bug forum? Earlier in the game my defence was fine, halfway through I changed to specific marking then a few seconds later changed back as it wasn't working as I'd hoped. However, after I'd changed to the marking my defenders constantly did this every single attack (I was 3-0 up when I changed my marking) and eventually lost 6-3. They had 11 ccc's to put it into context and every single one was much like this. Defenders marking striker, striker gets the ball, defenders charge past striker towards my own strikers with no attempt to track back.

Sounds weird. I think there is something not quite right with specific man-marking. It works.... until you remove it and expect it to go back to zonal.

Yes. Definitely post it. You'll need to upload the pkm of the game it happened in with time stamps for the goals. Quite a major bug, so they'll want to fix it ASAP.

Are you seeing a lot of goals in your save? I'm not seeing an unrealistic amount in my own games, but the AI games can be pretty high scoring.

Teams in Colombia love the 4-3-1-2 formation. One of the defensive issues is a massive gap between defence and midfield, which is made worse by these teams not playing a DM. The AMCs are running riot. Couple that with defenders being afraid to tackle until the very last minute and it's a free-for-all.

More goals than I'd expect tbh, a lot of high scoring draws but I can't finger a particular reason.

Yes. Definitely post it. You'll need to upload the pkm of the game it happened in with time stamps for the goals. Quite a major bug, so they'll want to fix it ASAP.

Okay, I'll get on it. How do I upload pkm's and time stamps? Never had to do it before, sorry.

Playing LLM with Stockport and can't seem to sign non contract players - every non contract player wants a full or part time contract which I cannot afford the wages.

In FM13 there were loads of players on non contract terms only wanting an appearance fee available - this makes LLM alot harder. In FM13 with Truro I signed virtually a full team of non contract players who only wanted appearance fees

Just watched my defenders clear a corner that dropped to the edge of the 18 yard box, then watched 3 of my players stand on the 6 yard line and allow the opposition player to pick it up, stroll into the box unopposed and score. Defending seems very broken and the only reason every match doesn't end 12-12 is because the strikers seem equally broken. At least there are through balls now.

And yet everybody is saying defending is rubbish.

Do you feel that's the case and it's the rating that's wrong or are your defenders actually playing that well?

I'm actually playing with Aston Villa! Stoke are AI. Their defenders are playing really well and they concede little goals.

No of tackles: Solly 9.55: Shawcross: 4.33 Huth: 2.47 Pieters: 8.27. 18 clean sheets out of 38 matches.

Just a minor issue I noticed (pretty sure it has not been mentioned so far): the media predictions for the German Third Division are flawed.

The reserve teams of Dortmund and Stuttgart are predicted to finish 1st and 2nd. Apart from the fact that due to the rules they are not even allowed to gain promotion to the Second Division (even if they actually DID finish in the top spot), they usually battle relegation or finish in the lower half of the table, so nobody would consider them promotion candidates.

Archived