FM 2014 Pre-Release Beta - Official feedback thread.

Is anyone else having problems with right-click windows not working? I am playing as Swansea. When I go to the Premier League transfer rumor page, the right click window will not come up for most players. I've had to click on countless players and go into their profile page to request scouting reports. A small amount of players will allow me to right click and request a scouting report. I haven't been able to figure out any logic to the issue.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sliders have gone the way of the parrot in pythonese :D

Although I always hated the sliders coz of 1-20 range. Way too much. should have been like 7 with names instead of numbers.

Not sure I like the new tactics, but I will give it some time and maybe I'll turn out to love it. Having alittle bit of problems getting the players to do exactly what I want. Patches might fix it for me.

2013 was an absolute mess at release day, but after updates it was the best footie manager game ever made.

... and how come only half of my facepack pictures are working? Seems to be someting with the .jpg-format. Please tell me they will work in the full release of the game.

Found the reason for this. Appearantly the game no longer accept letters in the file names in the config.xml-file. I have started a thread about it: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364937-Player-pictures-not-showing-up

Apart from this, and some other bugs already mentioned in the bugs section, I am pleased with the game so far.

Transfer $$$ not adding up. I had a 33mil transfer budget, sold a player for 7.5mil, 75% of revenue goes to transfer budget, but then my transfer budget was only at 35mil. Yes there were a few very small fees to other clubs but not enough to affect it that much.

Sorry if already covered, had a look and couldn't see anything. How do you access your saved game from another machine ?

When you go to save a game, make sure you've ticked the radio button marked 'cloud save'. Then, on the other machine, install Steam if not done so already. On your games list, you'll see FM14, so install that, and when you choose to load a new game, just pick the save that's in the cloud section.

What's the bug with offering contracts to staff and players? All I can do is watch as the salary that my board will allow is 0£ per week. I am under the wage budget and I have only an assistant manager working for me. Need more staff but can't sign them?! Unbelievable!

When you go to save a game, make sure you've ticked the radio button marked 'cloud save'. Then, on the other machine, install Steam if not done so already. On your games list, you'll see FM14, so install that, and when you choose to load a new game, just pick the save that's in the cloud section.

Cheers, will take a look

It is basic math, your teams have played 11 or 12 games, my team has played 21 games, yes it looks to balance but when your teams have played 21 games that average will creep up, 11x2 =22 12x2 =24, your teams will have to add 1 to 3 rounds of games on top of their score, then of course their goals per game will rise.

At any rate SI have said there is a problem with the goals, we will have to wait for the patch now, lets hope their math is better than yours. :p

haha

such a dissent!

he talked about intersection....nothing will change at all!

Is anybody finding this really easy? I am Man Utd and I have only purchased David Alaba and Diego Costa I have beaten Wigan 6-0 in the Shield, Stoke 4-0 and Liverpool 7-0 and a lot of 1-0 at HT then 4-1 by FT.

I will play out the season some more later, the results are crazy: I play 4 -2 -3 -1 Alaba, Vidic, Ferdinand, Rafael, Carrick, Felanie, Kagawa, Rooney, Valencia, RVN

The dick waving between managers has become noticeably more pronounced. From calling other teams style of play pathetic to not shaking hands after the match. Given the chance I've become the douchebag manager I've always despised. Woe is me.

I have enjoyed calling a team 'tin pot'

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but I'm having issues with offloading players.

Tell my DoF to sell at any price, with a min. price of £1k... he then rejects two offers in excess of £30k. ug?

Yeh I can't sell Nani or Valencia at all the only offer I receive is 900k from Chelsea for Nani.....

Hello, just a question please.......

how is possible a player like Jackson Martinez (33 goals and 3 assists in 43 matches last season, 9 goals and 2 assist in 9 matches this season), a 30 millions player, to be a so poor and medium/week striker?

Finishing 18 is nothing if not supported by other abilities like movement, decision, acceleration, first touch, composture....

A feedback from a friend of mine.

Prerequisite: only when both DCs are set to man mark opposite strikers.

Defenders make a lot of wrong movements, regardless the flow of the action and the position of the ball.

For example, he plays a 3-5-2 (sweeper and DMF, no offside) vs a 4-4-2, if the ball is played sidelines, the opposition forwards make a forward movement while the DCs are going up together moving until the center circle, staying there and forgetting about the opposition. They backtrack only when the strikers are in the approx. in the penalty area but it's too late.

Another thing: when setting man mark, does the UI show you "striker" instead of "left striker" and "right striker"?

So ST instead of LST or RST for example? Did you change this from previous versions?

how is possible a player like Jackson Martinez (33 goals and 3 assists in 43 matches last season, 9 goals and 2 assist in 9 matches this season), a 30 millions player, to be a so poor and medium/week striker?

Finishing 18 is nothing if not supported by other abilities like movement, decision, acceleration, first touch, composture....

You need to query this in the FM14 Data Forum if you have an issue. http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/356-Football-Manager-2014-Data-Issues

A feedback from a friend of mine.

Prerequisite: only when both DCs are set to man mark opposite strikers.

Defenders make a lot of wrong movements, regardless the flow of the action and the position of the ball.

For example, he plays a 3-5-2 (sweeper and DMF, no offside) vs a 4-4-2, if the ball is played sidelines, the opposition forwards make a forward movement while the DCs are going up together moving until the center circle, staying there and forgetting about the opposition. They backtrack only when the strikers are in the approx. in the penalty area but it's too late.

Another thing: when setting man mark, does the UI show you "striker" instead of "left striker" and "right striker"?

So ST instead of LST or RST for example? Did you change this from previous versions?

Your friend is right, if he joined the forum and checked the Bugs Forum he'd see it's a known issue.

sorry if someone has posted about this but i couldn't find it and i don't think its a bug

why when you agree terms for a player for say 7m when you finalize the deal it says 7.5m will be taken from your budget, where is this other 500k coming from. it happens with every

transfer

Finished my first season. The game in general is great and, for a beta, surprisingly bug-less.

What bothers me most is the average rating of any defensive player. Here are the Serie A AvR stats as well as those of my team.

bguxaxTl.jpg e22xoBSl.jpg

(click on both to enlarge them)

Serie A - best 13 players are all defensive, then there is Klose and again eight more defensive players (striker Bianchi being the 22nd on the list). Top goalscorer Tevez (36/26, 7.53) is 28th whilst Parma's central defender Paletta has 7.67 and is sitting 12th. Parma finished the season on 17th place, one point safe from relegation. Their other DC was rated 7.44... And they were the third worst team by number of goals conceded.

I feel this is highly unrealistic... Does anyone else shares my opinion?

For me this was the same in FM13, and maybe the single most annoying thing with the game as it is so unrealistic. Almost no matter how my game went, losing or winning (unless a player scored a lot), my defenders or defensive midfielders got a high rating. I cuold put in junior players in the same positions and they still got rated high. For me defenders either got a high score or a low score (of a mistake lead to a goal), seldom average. I'm therefore very suprised to here that this hasn't been changed in FM14 (haven't played the game yet). Could someone please confirm that this is being looked into?

sorry if someone has posted about this but i couldn't find it and i don't think its a bug

why when you agree terms for a player for say 7m when you finalize the deal it says 7.5m will be taken from your budget, where is this other 500k coming from. it happens with every

transfer

Agent fees are included now.

Have people noticed that moving a player into the U21s doesn't automatically/always mean that they are available to play for the U21s? Even players who are, say, 18 and should be elligible. I usually have to right click and tick Available for U21s for 90 mins to make them play.

Have people noticed that moving a player into the U21s doesn't automatically/always mean that they are available to play for the U21s? Even players who are, say, 18 and should be elligible. I usually have to right click and tick Available for U21s for 90 mins to make them play.

Surely it's just that whoever runs the U21 isn't selecting them, or does it say they're illegible?

Your friend is right, if he joined the forum and checked the Bugs Forum he'd see it's a known issue.

Sorry, my fault, not his. Only checked the first page of this thread and was not sure to directly describe this as a bug since I'm not the one involved.

Another suggestion regarding News: instead of having to select all of them and then tick on "mark as read" can you add a button to "mark all as read"?

Just something on the goal debate this week in the Premier League there has been 27 goals in 8 games at an average of 3.37 per game, On the opening day on my Southampton save there was 28 goals in the 10 games at an average of 2.8.

i think the defence need to be made better and so doe the strikers

Surely it's just that whoever runs the U21 isn't selecting them, or does it say they're illegible?

If you right click on players who already were there (i.e., you have never moved them from the U21 squad) there is a tick for 90 minutes under 'Available for U21 Squad'. For players I move down they don't, and they don't get played at all nor sit on the bench, despite being by far the best players and not even having enough players in the squad to create a full team/bench.

If you right click on players who already were there (i.e., you have never moved them from the U21 squad) there is a tick for 90 minutes under 'Available for U21 Squad'. For players I move down they don't, and they don't get played at all nor sit on the bench, despite being by far the best players and not even having enough players in the squad to create a full team/bench.

If they're in the U21 squad that shouldn't be ticked, you only use that for players in the first team squad who you want available for the U21.

If your assistant isn't picking players he should be in the U21 (on quality, fitness etc) then you need to report that fact in the bugs forum.

Just something on the goal debate this week in the Premier League there has been 27 goals in 8 games at an average of 3.37 per game, On the opening day on my Southampton save there was 28 goals in the 10 games at an average of 2.8.

i think the defence need to be made better and so doe the strikers

That's already been acknowledged.

Another suggestion regarding News: instead of having to select all of them and then tick on "mark as read" can you add a button to "mark all as read"?

Right click the envelope at the top and you get that option

I just had a opposing keeper come out and catch the ball and end up standing 3-4 metres outside his area with the ball in his arms and nothing happened. still a lot of ME bugs i think.. Game is fantastic however and once all the me bugs are fixed im sure it will be the best FM by a long long way.

can you add last years graphics, badges and kits etc to the demo, havent been able to manage it, wondering if im doing something wrong, or if its locked until the full game comes out?

You can, but it seems like there's a problem if the file names have letters in them rather than numbers.

Small issue I've found is that if you want to swap corner marking duties it's not clear which full back marks which post in the set piece instructions.

In the other games if you swapped them around you'd get in brackets (swap with........) so you didn't accidentally assign 2 players to mark the far post.

That reminds me - I've always thought that the representation of certain attributes doesn't make sense in that they are necessarily byproducts of others.

Example: in FM it is possible for a striker to have a high finishing attribute but terrible technique and consistency, resulting in him scoring very few goals. If a real-life striker had terrible composure, terrible technique and was awfully inconsistent, and consequently missed lots of chances then it would be impossible to describe his finishing as 'good'. His finishing ability, his ability to put the ball in the net when given a chance, is the sum of other attributes, not something that can exist independently of them.

Similarly, it's bizarre and nonsensical to say of a player, "He's amazing at penalties, but thanks to his lack of composure and diabolical technique, he doesn't score all that many of them" or "He's a fantastic tackler but thanks to his physical weakness and absence of determination, frequently comes out worst in challenges." If your various shortcomings stop you from scoring penalties, you're bad at them and if you don't win tackles, you're a crappy tackler. No?

I realise this might be a tad off-topic so maybe I'll set this debate up somewhere else, if there is even one to be had.... I've thought of a couple of potential holes in my point already to be honest

Archived