FM 2014 Pre-Release Beta - Official feedback thread.

well i read it as you are making improvements that will be ready for 31st October, not before

It's never set in concrete, just deal with what you have and keep the bug reports coming :)

That will ensure the best game ever, whenever that turns out to be.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if this would count as a bug, but Wayne Burnett (Dagenham & Redbridge) was fired for being relegated from L1. Now, in real life, Dagenham would be doing well to stay in L2 (as evidenced by their 15th prediction). Wayne Burnett managed to get them promoted in the first season and only went down on goal difference. I highly doubt that Dagenham would sack a manager for that (see: John Still). Can we have job security that reflects real life, please?

is there anyway to bring the classic tactics back? I'm also having trouble with my central midfielders for some reason I'm not allowed to let them

move into channels

My instructions to my full backs are dribble more and cross from byline but they never seem to cross properly and when they do its across the other

side of the pitch, I'm just having so many issues here trying to get my team to play quick & offensive football

Merging all the staff into one category is a stupid idea it makes it so difficult to hire coaching staff. I can't employ a goal keeping coach as I already have to many coaches I have three and I'm AZ who for a pretty decent side in holland would surely have more and be allowed to hire more.

• Administrators
I've seen a lot of people complaining about on the forum, so what do you like about it?

They [the new instructions] are easier to use, a lot more powerful and the ME will be better for it. They are dead, and won't be coming back.

I've seen a lot of people complaining about on the forum, so what do you like about it?

It's a lot more realistic to use instructions than sliders. If you combine team tactics, roles and individual instructions you have everything you need to setup your own individual tactic and playing philosophy.

They [the new instructions] are easier to use, a lot more powerful and the ME will be better for it. They are dead, and won't be coming back.

if they are more effective then why is theo walcott running like he's overweight

sorry, I have question if i preordered fm14 and i get my steam key for beta, i have to wait for a another key for full release or steam will automatically update my version.

Where are you ordering from?

It's a lot more realistic to use instructions than sliders. If you combine team tactics, roles and individual instructions you have everything you need to setup your own individual tactic and playing philosophy.

Sorry mate don't agree with you it's the same as a pinball machine

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Championship Manager never had sliders. People loved it. FM14, although far more advanced, has gone back to simplicity. I for one think that when everyone has gotten used to it they will prefer it in the long run.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Championship Manager never had sliders. People loved it. FM14, although far more advanced, has gone back to simplicity. I for one think that when everyone has gotten used to it they will prefer it in the long run.

I hope so, but to be honest with you I really liked the sliders when I first saw them :)

I hope so, but to be honest with you I really liked the sliders when I first saw them :)

I'll be honest - the sliders generated some huge, in depth threads back in the day and they were awesome to read. Personally I didn't mind the sliders but I'm also not too fussed that they've gone either. I think the new interface may win back some of the old CM fan base who didn't fully get to grips with the sliders. I suppose it is a BIG change this edition as people have used sliders for 7 years. The problem SI have is that they can never please everyone unfortunately :-(

But it's history now. It's a change in the concept and the sliders will never come back. As every year it needs some adjusting and fixing, but I like the new tactic system very much.

Anyone else finding it annoying that even at extended highlights players running up to take the corner kick and standing there for 15 seconds before hitting the ball isn't cut out? It's even worse when the ball gets cleared for another corner at the other side and you have to watch the taker walking over there. This is taking ages. I can accept those scenes being shown when watching the match in full but in any other highlight mode there is no reason for them to exist whatsoever.

My apologies but I haven't read any reply to the question I asked pages ago.

Is it possible to set specific man marking on defensive corners/free kicks? Through this years the game was re-built at least a couple of times, I would find hard to understand this simple feature of very basic football was not implemented yet.

My apologies but I haven't read any reply to the question I asked pages ago.

Is it possible to set specific man marking on defensive corners/free kicks? Through this years the game was re-built at least a couple of times, I would find hard to understand this simple feature of very basic football was not implemented yet.

Do you mean mark tallest etc? if so, yes.

Anyone else playing as Rangers and confused as to why the game still has the club as 'In Recievership'?

We have been out of Administration for ages now, have no debt and have £14m in the bank, according to the club financial report that was released last week.

Anyone else playing as Rangers and confused as to why the game still has the club as 'In Recievership'?

We have been out of Administration for ages now, have no debt and have £14m in the bank, according to the club financial report that was released last week.

This isn't the final data.

I am playing FMC but assume this applies to all formats, I am a little frustrated that when I search a player he is not added to the shortlist. I imagine I need to adjust a setting to make this shortlisting "auto", probably setting the default period of shortlisting (something mentioned in one of the videoblogs) but I cannot fathom how or where this is done. Can anyone confirm please?

Thanks

Defenders are too weak against counterattacks. it does not matter how good your defenders are.

I've tried many tactics with many teams. My team always concede too much goal from counterattacks when i play offensive. I became succesful with only playing counterattack.

I am playing FMC but assume this applies to all formats, I am a little frustrated that when I search a player he is not added to the shortlist. I imagine I need to adjust a setting to make this shortlisting "auto", probably setting the default period of shortlisting (something mentioned in one of the videoblogs) but I cannot fathom how or where this is done. Can anyone confirm please?

Thanks

There's an option under Staff Responsibilities--->Personal Assistant that you can add players to your shortlist that you scout. Default is "never". Is that it?

This isn't the final data.

OK. But, and I know I asked this earlier. If I play so far into the game and then the data is fixed for the final release, the new data won't fix that by overwriting old data??

Or am I wrong?

Do you mean mark tallest etc? if so, yes.

No I mean...during the game you can set a specific man mark (zone mark / man mark --->>> specific man mark), while on corner and free kick you can choose to man mark/mark tallest/ mark smallest. I'm asking if it is possible to set a specific man mark so that I can choose my best defender to man mark the opponent's best striker, who doesn't necessary mean he is the smallest or the tallest of the team. I'm sorry I know my english is poor..

Has anybody seen a goal from a powerful strike from outside the box on their FM14 game yet? All my goals seem to be passing moves, crosses or corners? Seems to be an abnormally low amout of long range goals on my game.

I have seen quite a few but yes most of the goals in my game seem to come from passing moves, which I think is pretty fair compared to real life.

No I mean...during the game you can set a specific man mark (zone mark / man mark --->>> specific man mark), while on corner and free kick you can choose to man mark/mark tallest/ mark smallest. I'm asking if it is possible to set a specific man mark so that I can choose my best defender to man mark the opponent's best striker, who doesn't necessary mean he is the smallest or the tallest of the team. I'm sorry I know my english is poor..

That's about three levels deeper than I go with tactics :D so we'd better wait for somebody who knows the answer.

OK. But, and I know I asked this earlier. If I play so far into the game and then the data is fixed for the final release, the new data won't fix that by overwriting old data??

Or am I wrong?

That's right, new data means you need to start a new save to use it.

Thanks

When you scout a player the report has the option to add to shortlist bottom right, if you add him as a transfer target he goes on the short list automatically,that's it as far as I know.

When you scout a player the report has the option to add to shortlist bottom right, if you add him as a transfer target he goes on the short list automatically,that's it as far as I know.

Oh yes Kriss - see it now, thanks for that. Still didn't get an option of how long for, if it is possible I await further advice on how it is done.

Oh yes Kriss - see it now, thanks for that. Still didn't get an option of how long for, if it is possible I await further advice on how it is done.

You get that option when you r/click add to shortlist in your search screen.(or any list screen) in fact anytime you r/click on a players name to choose add to shortlist.

In fact the only time you can't define the length is from that button (which makes it a bug I guess) :D

That's right, new data means you need to start a new save to use it.

Ouch. That's not exactly ideal.

Would the in-game editor enable me to change the finances etc when the full release is out?

Have been playing for a couple of days now on FM14 and the options to respond to an unhappy player offer very little leeway. Every conversation has led to a player requesting a transfer, whether for wanting to move to a bigger club, not getting first team football or not wanting to go on loan they have all asked to leave. Also, in previous versions during matchplay, setting your screen to your teams ratings would stay as default whereas here I have to reset it every game. Other than that, love the look of it, and think i will love the tactics when used to it.

Another top game. and nights in with strongbow ahead.

What is wrong here

It stays the same in full screen and windowed mode. I shrunk it to show my monitor is fine as you can see my desktop colours are fine

0ouy.png

Have you got a nVidia GPU? If so open the nVidia control panel and turn off stereoscopic 3D, had the same issue and colouring when I loaded Borderlands and switching off 3D fixed it.

• Administrators
Have you got a nVidia GPU? If so open the nVidia control panel and turn off stereoscopic 3D, had the same issue and colouring when I loaded Borderlands and switching off 3D fixed it.

If someone with this issue can confirm this works please do let me know, ideally by PM. Thanks.

Is there any way to permanently change which interface gets displayed between highlights during a game? It constantly shows my the oppositions ratings and I have to manually change it to show my own teams ratings in the game. Is there somewhere I can alter this so it always shows my own teams performance by default?

Archived