FM 2014 Pre-Release Beta - Official feedback thread.

Any chance we could get a fix for the transfer search page?

Currently if you scroll down, then click on a player, then go back a page it takes you to the top of the list again rather than going back to where you left it previously. Small thing, but really irritating!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can not honestly believe that people are actually saying that the goals are fine, if I win games 6-5, 5-3, 6-3 that this is okey.

It does not matter if that balances the leagues total out, it is just not right that this should be acceptable as real life score lines.

There is really no sense in debating whether or not goals are inflated. SI have admitted to at least two separate bugs in the coding of defenders and keepers; of course there are going to be more goals scored.

The fact that some people are getting more goals league-wide than others or more/less than IRL is meaningless. There are bugs that are affecting the scoring of goals and they are working them out. Be happy.

I can not honestly believe that people are actually saying that the goals are fine, if I win games 6-5, 5-3, 6-3 that this is okey.

It does not matter if that balances the leagues total out, it is just not right that this should be acceptable as real life score lines.

You should upload your saved game so SI could have a look at.

To show how strange it is, look at this screenshot and look to the last 7 or 8 results.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/559863135000030745/4ACF8D486EFC18872A52100F05EC2EBE5B444201/

Yes, that is YOUR input. As we were able to isolate this from an average which was supposedly too high overall, and AI teams play under the same ME, your input must be the difference.

Playing too attacking one way or another would be my guess. It's not a good/bad thing, but attacking tactics invite goals on both ends.

You should upload your saved game so SI could have a look at.

I already have :)

Yes, that is YOUR input. As we were able to isolate this from an average which was supposedly too high overall, and AI teams play under the same ME, your input must be the difference.

Playing too attacking one way or another would be my guess. It's not a good/bad thing, but attacking tactics invite goals on both ends.

Have you seen how the third bottom of the table are doing, look at their goals for and against, it is insane to think that would happen in real life.

There is really no sense in debating whether or not goals are inflated. SI have admitted to at least two separate bugs in the coding of defenders and keepers; of course there are going to be more goals scored.
That's flawed reasoning. You have absolutely no valid data or even just a half-valid estimation on the percentage those bugs take in avg. goals, and avg. goals could be streamlined with those bugs active.

That's flawed reasoning. You have absolutely no valid data or even just a half-valid estimation on the percentage those bugs take in avg. goals, and avg. goals could be streamlined with those bugs active.

Okie dokie. You're right. I don't know how I could have seen it any other way than yours.

Okie dokie. You're right. I don't know how I could have seen it any other way than yours.
It wasn't me that just proclaimed "There is really no sense in debating whether or not goals are inflated", "SI have admitted to at least two separate bugs in the coding of defenders and keepers; of course there are going to be more goals scored.", "The fact that some people are getting more goals league-wide than others or more/less than IRL is meaningless", "Be happy."?

So sorry if i don't just accept your "talk" and continue to rely on facts, rather than just, well, "talk".

It wasn't me that just proclaimed "There is really no sense in debating whether or not goals are inflated", "SI have admitted to at least two separate bugs in the coding of defenders and keepers; of course there are going to be more goals scored.", "The fact that some people are getting more goals league-wide than others or more/less than IRL is meaningless", "Be happy."?

So sorry if i don't just accept your "talk" and continue to rely on facts, rather than just, well, "talk".

Good day to you, sir.

1. When set to "use first team tactics", Arsenal's U19 and U21 teams ignore that and a 4-4-2 (and appear to be playing long-ball non-possession too). That option doesn't seem to work
  2. Far too many balls are hitting the crossbar. I don't have statistics for this, but it seems to happen multiple times per game.
  3. Free kick takers are far too ambitious, I've had one try a shot on goal in a free kick from near the halfway line.
  4. The "Team Ratings" overlays don't remember their position and stack on top of eachother. Every game I have to drag one of them down.

I must have missed that, where did you show that a team scored 36 goals in 21 matches and conceded 38?
If you keep in mind the number of games respectively, the deviation to such extremes isn't that bad. There is a team sitting in 11th place with a similar ratio, just one win less and they'd be down in the bottom third. Add to that the fact that your average skews the other teams' numbers additionally to your own average, and we've got quite fewer goals in your save than in real life.

Ehrm, I just showed you that it does happen in real life.
I must have missed that, where did you show that a team scored 36 goals in 21 matches and conceded 38?
and we've got quite fewer goals in your save than in real life.

I will also add that going by your graph you have almost the entire league playing at least 1 more game than my league.

At first glance it looks to be 50% of the games my league has played but in fact they have all played an extra game, if not 2, which makes your final percentage useless.

About the only thing really annoying me in an otherwise solid ME so far is the amount of times one of my central midfielders will do a great tackle in the middle of the pitch, then just stand up and not move allowing the opposition player to simply pick up the ball and walk past him.

I will also add that going by your graph you have almost the entire league playing at least 1 more game than my league.

At first glance it looks to be 50% of the games my league has played but in fact they have all played an extra game, if not 2, which makes your final percentage useless.

How so? The averages arent just made up out of approx. half of your games numbers, those are just the plain averages. I know you and benallen have been advocates for the "too many goals"-thing, there just hasn't been any evidence for it. I'm not saying that monday morning SI won't do some number crunching and find out there are too many/few goals. Just that there is nothing here yet to back it up.

How so? The averages arent just made up out of approx. half of your games numbers, those are just the plain averages. I know you and benallen have been advocates for the "too many goals"-thing, there just hasn't been any evidence for it. I'm not saying that monday morning SI won't do some number crunching and find out there are too many/few goals. Just that there is nothing here yet to back it up.

It is basic math, your teams have played 11 or 12 games, my team has played 21 games, yes it looks to balance but when your teams have played 21 games that average will creep up, 11x2 =22 12x2 =24, your teams will have to add 1 to 3 rounds of games on top of their score, then of course their goals per game will rise.

At any rate SI have said there is a problem with the goals, we will have to wait for the patch now, lets hope their math is better than yours. :p

It is basic math, your teams have played 11 or 12 games, my team has played 21 games, yes it looks to balance but when your teams have played 21 games that average will creep up, 11x2 =22 12x2 =24, your teams will have to add 1 to 3 rounds of games on top of their score, then of course their goals per game will rise.

At any rate SI have said there is a problem with the goals, we will have to wait for the patch now, lets hope their math is better than yours. :p

You can't be serious? An average is an average. You divide the sum of goals by the number of games. There is nothing that creeps up or something like that.

And again, SI have NOT said there is a problem with the number of goals, whether there actually is or not.

You can't be serious? An average is an average. You divide the sum of goals by the number of games. There is nothing that creeps up or something like that.

And again, SI have NOT said there is a problem with the number of goals, whether there actually is or not.

I am talking about your graph!

You are showing your teams playing 11 or 12 games compared to my team playing 21 games, it does not add up.

Anyway I am done with you, can't be arsed anymore.

Something's up with the stat pack. I won my first two league games 1-0, but the third game's stat pack said that I won 1 game when the other team scores first, and 1 game when I score first. Should be 0 & 2, right?

Also, the in-game advice pops up and disappears quickly, so I have to click the speech bubble to see what they are requesting. I play with the max speed between highlights, so my guess is that the timer doesn't take that into account.

EDIT: nevermind, happens during active highlight play as well.

You are showing your teams playing 11 or 12 games compared to my team playing 21 games, it does not add up.

For crying out loud, that doesn't change anything if you divide goals by games, that's what an average is. I feel like there's some hidden camera...

edit: and those aren't my teams, those are the REAL standings in that very league you're complaining about!

No , he is showing the 11 games in real life vs 11 games in yours. The left hand table is the real world stats.

Your game averages 0.05 goals a game more than real life and 0.02 gpg less than real life if you remove your results. It's your teams results that are the outlier.

Also learn what an average is.

Played pre season and first 10 league matches so far. Here are the issues I wanted to highlight.

1) Corners. It takes so much time for player to "run" to pick the ball and then bring it to the flagpole and to actually serve it. It is frustrating.

2) One on Ones are usually perfomed poorly, striker just shoots off target.

3) It feels like there are not enough set pieces

4) I play for Spartak in Russian Premier League. There are the following issues.

• The leaders of the league after 10 matches are Kuban and Rostov with me on 4th place, CSKA, Lokomotiv and Zenit roaming on 6-10th places, which feels a unrealistic.
  • Diniyar Bilyaletdinov is way stronger than in reality (He hardly played 90 minutes this season and when he did - he played awfully, whereas in Fm he is one of the key players.
  • Anton Mitryushkin is in contrast way weaker and has got absolutely no potential. (In reality he is Russia's U17 captain. And Russia U17 are current European Champions. So he definately deserves more potential in game.

Other than that - great game!! I played untial 5 am yesterday and the whole day today. All Spartak players (except for ones I noted above are fairly realistic. The information about our stadium which is being built is in game. Great stuff!

No , he is showing the 11 games in real life vs 11 games in yours. The left hand table is the real world stats.

Your game averages 0.05 goals a game more than real life.

Also learn what an average is.

I know what an average is, you do agree if the other table plays a full 21 games and then take the average for the 21 games instead of the 12 games that average will change?

I know what an average is, you do agree if the other table plays a full 21 games and then take the average for the 21 games instead of the 12 games that average will change?

It's not going to change by much unless there is a massive change in the amount of goals being scored in the 9 games that followed his 12.

Thanks for the feedback folks, we are listening and it's obviously still a beta at this stage, but we've addressed many issues that have been raised and are still refining and balancing the game ahead of its official release. There will be many further improvements and bug fixes for the final game, which includes addressing the issue of too many goals being scored in some cases in the lower leagues.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime and we hope you're all enjoying the beta.

As with 2013, I feel there's a massive discrepancy between home and away results. It's extremely hard for me to win away, including against bottom rung opposition, and I've no feedback as to why.

This was illustrated quite neatly just now in my Arsenal save. By the whims of the Scheduling Gods (with help from cup ties), both North London Derbies were played back to back. Three days apart. First one was Arsenal home, second (a week later) was Tottenham home. Due to the week layoff, both starting lineups were the same. I've stripped tactics down to their bare bones; no special instructions to start, only added in during game.

The Arsenal home game was complete carnage. 3-0 and circa 58-42 possession for Arsenal. The next week, it was almost precisely the opposite: 2-0 Tottenham and it really should've been 3 or 4 to nothing.

So what does the game want in away games? I'm getting no feedback as to why this is happening (it happened a LOT, including embarrassing 4-0 defeat to Chelsea... followed by a 3-0 win by Arsenal against Chelsea at home a month later) and I felt much the same in 2013. Prior to 2013, though, I didn't have this issue.

Thanks for the feedback folks, we are listening and it's obviously still a beta at this stage, but we've addressed many issues that have been raised and are still refining and balancing the game ahead of its official release. There will be many further improvements and bug fixes for the final game, which includes addressing the issue of too many goals being scored in some cases in the lower leagues.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime and we hope you're all enjoying the beta.

Absolutely! Love the enhancements and glad you guys are working to make the release the best it can be! KUTGW

Not so sure the 3d graphics work all that great. Too many instances of opposition and my own players just standing around looking at the ball for a good while then someone will randomly burst onto it for a chance (either for or against me). A sort of static dithering on the touchline at times, where nothing really happens and players not near the ball move in and out of position, yet the 2/3 players near the ball don't really do anything for about 10 secs before a cross/shot/clearance. Fair amount of half arsed sliding tackles (for and against) that don't seem to really be near anyone. Just looks a bit untidy and as if the graphics aren't really following the game engine all that well sometimes. Can be a bit confusing.

There has been at least one result every week from AI games where a team has come back from 2-0 down to draw. Seems unlikely but not impossible I suppose.

Problems I've encountered in the beta so far:

Youth player contract rejected, "The following contract terms weren't acceptable: #NAME? #NAME? #NAME?"

Far too common for loans to fall through because the buying club doesn't have the funds to complete.

Ask Assistants Advice for individual training on U18 or u21 also resets the 1st team. Would be preferred to have these separate as it is for assigning coaches.

Match engine looks a lot better than last year at this time, only real oddity was the goalkeeper not wanting to run to clear a ball outside his box and instead let an opposing player run from the half and get a 1 on 1. I've seen a few other similar incidents, it's basically coming down to players not reacting at all when the ball is not in possession of either team.

I am not sure if it's a known issue but when playing a match and in very few situation where dead ball is rolling and no players is reacting to it on my side even though there was a player very close to it. Opposition would end up running to get it and sometime score. It's very frustrating.

Archived