FM 2014 Pre-Release Beta - Official feedback thread.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dare i ask what possible excuse could SI have not to update the Beta ASAP?

Not only does it continue enjoyment for the people who have paid to have the game early (yes we know it's the beta, but they've still paid for the full priced game) it also gives people a chance to feedback on any bugs that may arise from fixes before the final release!

Not only does it continue enjoyment for the people who have paid to have the game early (yes we know it's the beta, but they've still paid for the full priced game) it also gives people a chance to feedback on any bugs that may arise from fixes before the final release!

Agreed - the more time we get to test the updated beta the better the full release will be IMO

They need to be somewhat sure that the fixes they're implementing aren't causing game breaking bugs elsewhere - which they then have to rush to get fixed again. It's a balancing act. Especially when it's a paid beta like this, and people are complaining loudly over things that don't work as they want it to work.

But I think they should definitely put an update out this week for us to test - it's what a beta period is for after all, right?

So I started a game as Hayes & Yeading in the Skrill South and when it came to picking a playing philosophy at the start of the season, I chose 'Attacking Football'.

My tactics are a 4-2-2-2, set to attacking mentality. I'm sitting 5th in the league having scored 40 goals in 20 games, 186 total shots with 91 on target.

Unfortunately the board aren't happy: "We are disappointed with the way the team has played on the pitch; it would have been vastly more preferred for us to play in a more attacking manner".

Here are the definitions of the available philosophies from the FM manual (last year's):

Possession Football: Your team should have high possession and high pass completion ratio whilst scoring a good number of total team goals.

Attacking Football: Your team should have high goals-to-games and shots-to-games ratios.

Defense Football: Your team should have a good clean sheets record, a low goals-to-games ratio and a low shots faced-to-games ratio.

Rely on Set Pieces: Score lots of goals from set pieces.

Sign Players from Chairman/Club nation: Keep (or improve on) the ratio of first team players from that particular nation in the first team squad.

High Profile Signings: Sign a good percentage of first team players with a higher reputation than the club.

Sign Young First Teamers: Sign a good percentage of first team players aged 23 or younger."

So if I'm banging in two goals a game on average, why do I have an almost empty confidence bar? Is it about style of play rather than goals and shots?

If it's about goals and not style then it would be better for the board to say "we expect you to score at least X number of goals, or shots on target" so we have some sort of concrete indication of what a pass/fail grade is.

So far after 20 games I average (per game) 2 goals, 9 shots & 4.5 shots on target. Is that too low for an attacking philosophy?

How are you getting on with your board confidence?

Archived