FM 2014 Pre-Release Beta - Official feedback thread.

Can you make the Projection tab in Finances more detailed, like the Income and Expenditure tabs? I play with Villa and the projection for this season's turnover is 121M, the projection for next season is 185M and for the season after 121M. I want to know where do these 64M come from.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished my first season. The game in general is great and, for a beta, surprisingly bug-less.

What bothers me most is the average rating of any defensive player. Here are the Serie A AvR stats as well as those of my team.

bguxaxTl.jpg e22xoBSl.jpg

(click on both to enlarge them)

Serie A - best 13 players are all defensive, then there is Klose and again eight more defensive players (striker Bianchi being the 22nd on the list). Top goalscorer Tevez (36/26, 7.53) is 28th whilst Parma's central defender Paletta has 7.67 and is sitting 12th. Parma finished the season on 17th place, one point safe from relegation. Their other DC was rated 7.44... And they were the third worst team by number of goals conceded.

I feel this is highly unrealistic... Does anyone else shares my opinion?

SI please dont listen to this, there are already way too many goals!
Haven't seen any conclusive evidence for this, apart from a portuguese lower league table screenie.

My game must be different from yours, because aside from the occasional goal-resulting bug still in the game, the amount of goals in my matches is pretty solid.

Finished my first season. The game in general is great and, for a beta, surprisingly bug-less.

What bothers me most is the average rating of any defensive player. Here are the Serie A AvR stats as well as those of my team.

bguxaxTl.jpg e22xoBSl.jpg

(click on both to enlarge them)

Serie A - best 13 players are all defensive, then there is Klose and again eight more defensive players (striker Bianchi being the 22nd on the list). Top goalscorer Tevez (36/26, 7.53) is 28th whilst Parma's central defender Paletta has 7.67 and is sitting 12th. Parma finished the season on 17th place, one point safe from relegation. Their other DC was rated 7.44... And they were the third worst team by number of goals conceded.

I feel this is highly unrealistic... Does anyone else shares my opinion?

Same in my game , in fact with no additional instructions other than being set as central defended D I had Dawson , Kaboul and Vertoghen finish with 8.01 , 8.16 and 8.5 respectively.

Haven't seen any conclusive evidence for this, apart from a portuguese lower league table screenie.

My game must be different from yours, because aside from the occasional goal-resulting bug still in the game, the amount of goals in my matches is pretty solid.

I think the problem there is alot of high scoring games then alot of 0-0 and 1-0. There is a lot more shots on goal

I think it is safe to say that SI are looking at this, in my humble opinion the last thing this game needs is more goals.

I think the real life average is something like 2.1 goals per game, or around that, at the moment I am averaging around 4.2, or there abouts, I uploaded a save for something else but I am sure the SI guys will look at that also.

Sliders come back! ..

Individual schedules come back!..

Lan (offline ) come back!..

..every year something (good) is out but same (s***t) issues remain :

-Corners Bug (my team scored 16 corners in fm 2014)

- Gk movement (

)

- Crash Dumps..:thdn:

my friend doesn't have an account & has been sacked twice for no reason apparently ..firstly he was Solihull & was second in the league then he got sacked after 3 games with Burton 1 win,draw & loss. Is this a bug? he's not uninstalled the game to see if that's the problem

Would love to know the number of tackles/interceptions they make a game and their success rate

Where do I see interceptions made/attempted ?

Dawnson Kaboul and Walker all have tackle completion over 85% and an average of 8.31 , 9.35 and 11.5 TPG

Their avr is maybe a little higher because CD's score a lot of goals again (default set piece settings etc)

Edit : 17 out of the top 20 avr in the EPL are defenders :)

my friend doesn't have an account & has been sacked twice for no reason apparently ..firstly he was Solihull & was second in the league then he got sacked after 3 games with Burton 1 win,draw & loss. Is this a bug? he's not uninstalled the game to see if that's the problem

Is he continually making crazy demands from the board?

At the beginig of may game (I'm playing Arsenal), Teams don't want to buy players when you sell who went to club at the begining of season (for example Ozil from Arsenal ). I think it's connected with rules. They want to loan them only. But you can do it (from diffrent teams for exapmple Fellaini from MU) and you can use it. It's very starnge and big error in my opinion !!!

Thanks for the answer Neil but I personally think it's really time to go with the dark as the standard ,Especially when you have people who play this game all year for a huge amount of time and really those long time career players should be SI & Sega's main priority.

I worry that the time spent on FMC really is becoming a detriment to the longer term players

Nope.. He only speaks in the beginning then gets the chop lol. I'm finding this amusing and he's getting angry

You would be best to bring this up in the bugs forum then, i am also playing lower league with Altrincham and never had this problem.

There seems to be way too many long term injuries. Aug 31st first season 4 players out ranging from 4 weeks to 5 months!

No offence but that does not seem bad at all, I also lost 3 players right at the start of the first season, I even lost my best player, my striker, which was the reason I took control of the team to start with, I lost him for 4 months, the others I lost for 2months and 4 weeks.

These things happen, I had a squad of around 22 players and had 3 or 4 injured before the first game, that seems about right, to be honest it could have been a bit worse and still fit in with real life.

Thanks for the answer Neil but I personally think it's really time to go with the dark as the standard ,Especially when you have people who play this game all year for a huge amount of time and really those long time career players should be SI & Sega's main priority.

I worry that the time spent on FMC really is becoming a detriment to the longer term players

You shouldn't worry as they have different teams for different modules.

also just because people play FMC, doesn't mean they don't end up putting in many many hours in the end.

Apart from 2 things, I am loving this game. One is a minor gripe but one I am missing until the full game launches.

1. No windowed mode. Missing it.

2. A load of injuries in my team. 5 first team players are now out of contention for a minimum of 5 weeks.

Where do I see interceptions made/attempted ?

Dawnson Kaboul and Walker all have tackle completion over 85% and an average of 8.31 , 9.35 and 11.5 TPG

Their avr is maybe a little higher because CD's score a lot of goals again (default set piece settings etc)

Edit : 17 out of the top 20 avr in the EPL are defenders :)

I'm guessing its the goals scored and the number of completed tackles that is giving them such high average ratings. Have a look at the tackle rate for the other defenders, see if it is similar.

I'm a long time career player and I don't like the dark skin at all. :)

Apart from 2 things, I am loving this game. One is a minor gripe but one I am missing until the full game launches.

1. No windowed mode. Missing it.

2. A load of injuries in my team. 5 first team players are now out of contention for a minimum of 5 weeks.

1. depends only on the screen resolution of your computer

2. Just coincidence or bad luck.

At the beginig of may game (I'm playing Arsenal), Teams don't want to buy players when you sell who went to club at the begining of season (for example Ozil from Arsenal ). I think it's connected with rules. They want to loan them only. But you can do it (from diffrent teams for exapmple Fellaini from MU) and you can use it. It's very starnge and big error in my opinion !!! have you the same situations????

That's all good but you're in the minority, But on the plus sight you must have tough eyes!

Where are the stats that says I'm in the minority? In this thread about a dozen people are demanding the dark skin. Not that many compared to the thousands already playing this beta...

Where are the stats that says I'm in the minority? In this thread about a dozen people are demanding the dark skin. Not that many compared to the thousands already playing this beta...

Mainly polls I've seen done on this site, I'm not saying your wrong for playing with the white skin btw!

Mainly polls I've seen done on this site, I'm not saying your wrong for playing with the white skin btw!

It's just a subjective feeling that a dark background is better for the eyes, but it's wrong. Otherwise all books would be printed white on dark. :)

I think it is safe to say that SI are looking at this, in my humble opinion the last thing this game needs is more goals.

I think the real life average is something like 2.1 goals per game, or around that, at the moment I am averaging around 4.2, or there abouts, I uploaded a save for something else but I am sure the SI guys will look at that also.

So your games average 4.2 goals. Interesting question is, what do the other teams average?

At the beginig of may game (I'm playing Arsenal), Teams don't want to buy players when you sell who went to club at the begining of season (for example Ozil from Arsenal ). I think it's connected with rules. They want to loan them only. But you can do it (from diffrent teams for exapmple Fellaini from MU) and you can use it. It's very starnge and big error in my opinion !!! have you the same situations????

I haven't experienced anything like this myself yet but, if I may ask, why were you trying to sell Ozil??

Iv'e got some question about gents taking parts of their own contracted players.

It seems to be one of the big new addition of FM14, but until now there are not so many explanation about it in the game.

I'd like to know what does it mean if an agent owns 50% of the parts of one player ? It is mentionned when you sell a player, and you can buy the parts while buying a player, but it doesn't seem to change anything in the transfer. What is the downside of selling parts to the agents ? (it might represent a ton of money, see the already famous 'Porto 1 billiard income in two weeks' thread). There has to be something, like losing the chance to prevent a transfer or contract renewal or having to pay extra fees to teh agent, but it is not very clear at all. It might become more clear when I pass my first season.

If someone knows where to find information or knows how it works, i'd appreciate some help. Thanks

Archived