*Football Manager 2014 - ANNOUNCEMENT*

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've always played FM games with just commentary and do really well.

What I want to know is can SI put an option in FM14 where I can choose NOT to load the 3d graphics,this way saving me memory on my laptop?

Isn't it already in there under the preferences menu?

Pretty sure you can specify 2D only and therefore not have the 3D graphics as an option. Then just select the commentary only option from the match screen.

Yeah you are right there.I have it playing like that now.

Not sure I'm explaining this very well.You have an option to turn it off but it still gets loaded when I install FM for first time?

I was thinking more of option not to have it install on my laptop at all.

• Administrators
Yeah you are right there.I have it playing like that now.

Not sure I'm explaining this very well.You have an option to turn it off but it still gets loaded when I install FM for first time?

I was thinking more of option not to have it install on my laptop at all.

If it's turned off, it'll never load when you open the game so will never have any effect on memory.

I really like the screenshots (although I'm used to a much bigger screen so it looks funny). I like the individual player instructions alot, as well as the training screen. Is interesting that you seem to be able to break down training categories by percentage. Also, really like the player screen where you can see advice from different staff on different areas.

As a side note, I feel like watching the advice from the staff gives a decent indication of how the AI runs their teams, so I really hope to see improvements in this area.

Very excited. I've been checking here for weeks hoping to see new info.

Guest El Payaso

I haven't liked the tactics creator system so far but these new features seem to be a step to right direction. It's more like giving instruction to player in real football now as you are able to tell the player what you want him to do or not to do in the field. Hopefully we can get this even better in next versions and you are able to influence in players movement and passing in certain situations.

Neil - I have asked a couple of times about this but never had a response.

Have the "season stats" been replicated for selection on the "overview page"? What I mean by this is adding "club stats" and "career stats" in an identical format?

I have been asking for years for the UI to be improved in histories. While I disagree its an issue I understand the reason specified for not adding all career apps into histories rather than just league my biggest complaint is the way each line ends up making a mess with loans, reserves and B Teams. I have always figured its too difficult to add in some form of layering by season to "compile" the different lines into one (similar to grouping on Excel) in a bid to keep it cleaner. My biggest frustration is when you end up with lines of 0's unnecessarily.

for me - replication the season stats with career and club stats would mean I never need to look at the histories. any chance???

So far I like what I read, but I'm also a bit worried about the lack of News surrounding network play. I really hope that SI/Steam manages to overcome the current issues that network play offers, and imploy some of the features requested/asked for by alot of the network community

I hate how every year I think 'right I'm going to wait until the final patch is out and tested, whilst continuing my current Fm career' and then as soon as you do a new release I find myself with credit card in hand and a pre-order confirmation on screen before I know what happened :(! Sounds great. Massively excited. I hate you.
was thinking the as you mate until I see this thread.lol

Correct me if im wrong but why on earth are you looking to release FM 14 when FM 13 isnt near a bug free game? Fm 13 as it is right now, still a beta at best.

Im disapointed with you guys, i will most likely never buy FM games again after im tired of FM13 - and that wount be long til it happens.

Ill rather suppert FIFA Manager, more professional people working there.

Correct me if im wrong but why on earth are you looking to release FM 14 when FM 13 isnt near a bug free game? Fm 13 as it is right now, still a beta at best.

Im disapointed with you guys, i will most likely never buy FM games again after im tired of FM13 - and that wount be long til it happens.

What specifically is wrong with FM13? It had its issues early on, but is currently the best version of the series.

I know you opened a thread with a bad tactic in it which wasn't working after one successful season, but there's more to your statement above than that, isn't there?

FM13.3.3 isn't too bad in terms of bugs and they have had time to fix the remaining ones up.

And with FIFA Manager even if it has less bugs its a not as realistic, crappy football management simulation

I've bought every game since the beginning but I'm not sure I will buy this one, well unless I know I can play it without it forgetting my settings or crashing every 5 games or so. And as someone with hundreds of games, games which have the odd crashes now and again but not on the ridiculous scale of this one. it's this game not my computer. I love this game but my love was virtually destroyed by the problems of FM13.

looking forward to this screenshots look good anyway I have a question we'll we be able to 'free place' players say you've got to cm lets say you have 2 cm you could click on them(one at a time) and use the arrow keys to move the player forward/back/right/left I find with two the cm are to narrow I like where rcm and lcm are with 3 cm's

I've bought every game since the beginning but I'm not sure I will buy this one, well unless I know I can play it without it forgetting my settings or crashing every 5 games or so. And as someone with hundreds of games, games which have the odd crashes now and again but not on the ridiculous scale of this one. it's this game not my computer. I love this game but my love was virtually destroyed by the problems of FM13.
it must by your computer I've never had any problems with this and have seen very few who have

FM13.3.3 isn't too bad in terms of bugs and they have had time to fix the remaining ones up.

And with FIFA Manager even if it has less bugs its a not as realistic, crappy football management simulation

And also it has WAY more bugs (I'm not prone to exaggeration, but probably 100x times as bad in terms of total severity of all bugs).

• Administrators

Create a thread here and we'll try to fix the issues for you - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/295-Crashes-and-Technical-Issues

Thanks.

Make or break for me:

Tactical overhaul

There has been a complete redesign of how tactics are created, selected and implemented with player roles and team strategies becoming even more prominent, definable roles for players for multiple positions, new player roles and instructions and improvements to rival managers' AI so that they’ll adapt their tactics more readily over time.

If this is as good as I hope, I'm back in!

That said, despite playing FM13 to death, as I have every edition, it suffered more than its predecessors in terms of bugs as myself and others had to restart careers numerous times due to these bugs (the tax bug being the most obvious).

Could you explain this, I never ran into it, or maybe I did but I didn't notice.

Make or break for me:

Tactical overhaul

There has been a complete redesign of how tactics are created, selected and implemented with player roles and team strategies becoming even more prominent, definable roles for players for multiple positions, new player roles and instructions and improvements to rival managers' AI so that they’ll adapt their tactics more readily over time.

If this is as good as I hope, I'm back in!

Looking at the screenshots it seems you can tell them not just where to play, but also how. Unless I'm mistaken and the list below role are the players PPMs, it appears you can instruct the player to play a certain way or try certain things. That will be fantastic.

Looking at the screenshots it seems you can tell them not just where to play, but also how. Unless I'm mistaken and the list below role are the players PPMs, it appears you can instruct the player to play a certain way or try certain things. That will be fantastic.

Yes you can edit.. so change how each individual player plays in a certain position. Very nice!

However i'm also hoping they fix tactics so you can play proper 3 man defence, have DMs drop deep to help playing up from the back etc. The old system was too strict and limited to let you do that properly.

I would be very disappointed if a central defender is still restricted to the center of the field, and is not allowed to go wide when building up play. In essence same problem existed for anyone playing/positioned in the center. You had a "play wide" option for all central players, but it didn't work. With 3 central defenders/midfielders, the outer players, need to be allowed to move wide when you have the ball. That's what i'm hoping for anyway :)

Yes. I don't see whats wrong with steam
how about not being able to sell your games after you've finished with them? I don't want to serch though tons of greyed out games to find the one i want to play. you could just sell the on at the normal steam price then you(possibly in the form of credit) steam and (in this case) SI could take a share

Could you explain this, I never ran into it, or maybe I did but I didn't notice.

In the pre-patch version, the tax rates in Italy (some other countries but mostly Italy) rose each year until very high meaning all teams lost a lot of money every year. You likely wouldn't see it if you didn't play a few years in, with an Italian club, on the original version.

Neil, will data-packs from FM13 work in FM14? I guess, the data involved (clubs, league structures and such) will be in pretty much the same place in FM14 I guess.

Would be brilliant to start FM14 as low as possible (like english 9th tier, german 6th tiert or Luxemburgs 3rd tier) and not have to wait until a data-master posts new xml's for these leagues on this website.

In the pre-patch version, the tax rates in Italy (some other countries but mostly Italy) rose each year until very high meaning all teams lost a lot of money every year. You likely wouldn't see it if you didn't play a few years in, with an Italian club, on the original version.

I see, thanks. I didn't play FM13 in Italy yet.

Archived