*Official 13.0.2 Updated Pre-Order Beta Feedback* - Keep all Feedback in here please!

In a week, SI have a great job in improving the game and it is a lot playable now. have had a variety of types of goals which is nice to see. However the intelligence of the DCs and goalkeepers still need improvement. Have seen 2 caes where David Luiz scored an own goal with a simple pass to Cech and also Terry with Hart. Looking for more improvements. thanks for the hard work!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really like the game but I do have to say that the sheer number of hours it takes to complete 1 season is far too high. My computer is rated as 5 star and the game speed is rated as 3 and a half stars with the amount of leagues loaded up and it must take over 30 hours to complete a season which is just far too long I would of thought for most people. Would be nice to complete a season in 10 hours of so of gameplay without dumbing down the game or playing the FMC mode.

If you want to complete a season in 10 hours or so then you have to make sacrifices and those are to either have the DoF and Assistant Manager do a lot of things for you or use FMC. The alternative is for SI to remove features from the game and we can all imagine the uproar that would cause.

Dear SI Staff

After playing fm 2013 demo for 2 days(and cm/fm series for 15 years) I have to say I am dissapointed a lot with so called "improvements" in Fm 2013.

It's seems that the only relevant "new" feature is the fm classic and chalenge mode ,while the "normal" game mode only recived GUI improvments.

Once again si games has put major effort in redesign of fm user intarface, and very little has been done about major "weak spots" of FM that need improving.

I feel like you changed te GUI again just so you can sell the same game again(+DB update), for a considerable amount of money(50€).

And guess what i belive that cm/fm fans (addicts) dont care so much about this aspect of the game.

The biggest problem with FM stayed the same - Computer AI for buying players and building squads.

If i take any PL club of top 5-6 club , in about 2-3 seasons, i will start wining PL titles every season because there is no real competition,

In fm 2012 in my last save game I played with Man united.

In my first season i won the Premier League and CL ,but it with a lot of luck!

in the next 2 seasons after that i was second becouse i sold most of the players ,and started building the team MY WAY, developing my youth players, buying talented 14-17 old's and free transfers.

From season 14/15 to 18/19 i have won 5 titles in row whit ease (2. team is always 10-20 points behind me ) , then i lost interest and stoped playing.

Man city has all the money but AI still isn't capable of buliding a team that will challenge mine, they buy a lot of players that play in the same position..

Arsenal buy's a excelent DC for 13 M that should easely be in the first team, after one season and only 5 league games , the sell him to valencia for 5 M. There are many examples like this...

Only realistic team is Liverpool , they mostly buy crappy-overpriced players.:cool:

An things are much worse if you play in a lover reputation league.

I usualy play with Hajduk Split in Croatian first division. After 3 seasons i can win-a championship with my "C" team....

In the long run the game becomes boring , even in LLM.

AI is useless!!

Only exception is playing with Atletic Bilbao, it's almost imposible to win the League

Another thing that realy kills the game is players in non-active leagues.

If i am playing with Man utd with only england as active nation, and i go and check stats of for example Barcelona players , you can always find some of the best players

managing only 12 -15 league appereances (without being injured). So you have Messi wining best player in europe ,but in 5 seasons he has maybe 60 league appereances total.

This is a bug that's present in the game for years.

Also youth development is very strange!

If I am playing with Hajduk in Croatia (only croatia is active) even with the best staff and best facilites i get very bad regens.And if i take a look at regens at Barca, United, Real, Liverpool , they get Wonderkids every year!

Then i start a new game with Man United,a and in 8 seasons i got only 1 realy good regen from my academy ,but now Hajduk has 3x better regens then before (even without good coaches and Top academy).

In active leagues regens are always crap!

These are the things you sholud improve, and not vaste time with changing GUI every year (so it's less obvious that it's the SAME GAME+ DB update) and making a traditional MAJOR BUG in every new release .

YOU ARE NOT EA GAMES (i hope).

I believe this year I won't be buying Fm, because paying 50€ for a "patch" + new skin is WAY TOO MUCH .

You obviously spent most of the time developing fm classic(handheld) and you shoud maybe sell that as as separate game/prouduct(It has a target audience for sure).

Greetings from Croatia

P.S

Unlockables:thdn:

getting really fed up in backroom meetings of constantly being told to praise players for their performances when clearly from the games and the graph they havent played anything other than average , if you then praise them they get the hump for me not knowing what im on about

If you watch how individual players react you can learn what best makes them tick to a point, some ignore praise, some love it. Some get the hump at you being harsh, others get fired up.

And I'd never listen to much advice (beyond scout reports) to anything AI on FM told me either. You're the manager. My way or the highway. :)

After two full seasons the following...

* I sincerely hope that you make the press confrence and team talks optional in the next version. I know there is FMC but it is too limited with only 3 nations etc. These "talks" are really boring...

* The match engine is better than previous beta. Allthough it is hard to get consistant performances out your squad. Maybe that will be ok in the official release.

* The game still runs fast with the laptop which is nice.

* Bring back the FM12 match overview screen. Too much data when you watch commentary only. Basically the only very important one is the fatigue levels.

• Administrators
that's not quite what i meant. I was referring to the language barrier. Surely they would be able to get on after a year.

Do the players in question now speak the same language fluently?

Bug...

In FMC, I went into one of my games to watch the nightlight's...The highlights they were showing me were wrong...I won the game 2-1 with goals from Brown, Brecchio and then conceded, but in the highlights none of the original 3 goals were shown and I lost 2-1 but in the league table, and fixtures I won 2-1, and even on the match screen I won 2-1, but when I watched the highlights it was like it was from a completely different game...Also I was unable to even watch the original goals, wouldn't allow me to click on time to view highlight...

Also the game has crashed for me twice after exiting it...

Are my CMs just **** or is it still impossible for them to get a good rating unless they score a goal or give two assists?

I feel when I play a 4-2-3-1 with DMs they tend to get much better ratings if they perform good defensively.

CMs on the other hand only seem to get good ratings if they contribute to their team scoring.

Hello,

Recently I did my yearly investment by buying fm! This year is obviously the turn of 'beta' to try and consume our lives. Yet after playing FM2013 for some time I noticed that my love for the gme had some what diminished.

This game is unrealistic, and lots all its class and loveable nature. In matches I can no longer switch from overview to match without having to click the button! Personally I hate the 3D mode and have been an avid fan of 2D forever. Yet this year the 2D is diabolical , it is poor gameplay, the games don't flow and the 3D resembles a version of fifa when it was released in the year 1999.

The game itself is boring and full of nik-naks that make the screen look messy.

SI has lost it's way in future I will no longer buy this game it is a pathetic addition to the FM series.

I think the biggest issue i have with the ME is not so much the amount of successful tackles, but the number of attempted tackles, for example in my last game at home to Hearts, my entire defence made a combined total of 5 tackles the entire game, 1 a piece for my centre backs, 3 for my left back and none for my right back, and my ball winning mid made 2 tackles, there is no way my two centre backs should attempt only 2 tackles between them over 90 minutes. In my first 7 league games my total tackles for my centre backs is 20, it just seems very low. I dont expect a huge increase in the number of successful ones, but there should be more tackles attempted, especially lunges at shots and through balls.

After two full seasons the following...

* I sincerely hope that you make the press confrence and team talks optional in the next version. I know there is FMC but it is too limited with only 3 nations etc. These "talks" are really boring...

Ass Man - I get mine to do the press stuff and haven't seen any probs with the team. Get them to do the team talks too and you can sit back and relax.

However, I can hear the howls of complaint about how the Assman screws up the team talks - that is because, much like the human manager, he's not respected by the players.

I see more and more that SI design the game so you cannot parachute into a top (or any) premiership side, even as an ex-international, and command immediate respect. Seems like SI want people to earn their stripes in LLM before the big jump just like real life (for the most part).

I'd rather have an option where you can start the game by possessing the body/reputation of an existing manager with all that brings - maybe they could let you change the name, although maybe not. At least that way this despondent teamwork wouldn't be a problem.

I'm not sure whether this has been reported yet but a possible bug with regards to the transfer deadline day press: As Manchester United, I was asked whether I'd be loaning Adnan Januzaj out (he's 17), or whether he'll stay to be part of the first team squad. Honestly, he's a bit too young for loaning but nowhere near the first team squad, so if I may, I suggest an extra option in the answers for wishing a player to continue his development with the club. However, my main issue is that surely of all the people in the reserves, why ask a question about a 17 year old which implies that the player in question needs to be loaned out or included in the first team squad? Perhaps there should be an age or relative CA minimum (if that is possible) for players about which that question is asked.

It seems that the general excuse is that this manager reputation thing to blame for struggling to beat far inferior teams, bad team talk reactions, inconsistent results and bad attitudes in player interaction.

It's a great game but some of these things make it one of the least enjoyable. Not once have i been able to go through a run of games and actually enjoy the thing at all.

Never have i struggled so much to defeat such inferior teams and i've been playing since 2006.

A big thank you to S.I. for all of your hard work this year. I can't imagine how much goes into making this game. I have a friend who works for E.A. on Madden NFL games, and he explained to me how much work goes into the game and scouting/rating about 1,700 players. He was blown away that FM has over 100,000 players, many leagues, and teams, and nations. This must be an exhausting process.

FM 13 looks to be shaping up to be great once the patches come out, and I am loving the new additions. Thanks for taking the time to listen to the bugs and complaints S.I., replying on the forums, and releasing updates to continue to improve the game. I think you all have done a great job over the years, creating a in-depth game that is fun and gets more realistic each year. Much respect S.I.!!

:applause::applause::applause:

Minor gripe with the game, no matter how many minutes added on, after 4/5 ingame seconds have passed, no variation at all. Only seen 1 goal scored in the added time and the whistle still goes the second the allotted time is up

It seems that the general excuse is that this manager reputation thing to blame for struggling to beat far inferior teams, bad team talk reactions, inconsistent results and bad attitudes in player interaction.

It's a great game but some of these things make it one of the least enjoyable. Not once have i been able to go through a run of games and actually enjoy the thing at all.

Never have i struggled so much to defeat such inferior teams and i've been playing since 2006.

This has just happened to me. I was playing all week and it was fine, was walking over teams as Rangers in the third and second division then after a couple days break (at which point the update was released) i'm really struggling to get a win and i'm leaking goals all over the place, sometimes 3 & 4 at a time. How can it change so dramatically, instantly?? The only thing that's changed is this update.

Now that i've messed around with tactics, instructions, players...i'm still struggling for results. I'm easily averaging 60% possesion and triple the amount of shots of the opposition every game, yet i can't win. I've been playing this game since around '00/'01 and i've never had it like this. :(

i'm playing as Arsenal and just seem to keep losing against poor teams, although i seem to have a gd team, anyone else with good teams losing alot to below average team, wondering whether its just me or to wait till the next patch

i'm wondering if it's all the problems going around about the ME, becuase when i simmed a month my team won them all, might just put the game aside and wait till the next patch, can't really complain too much as the game isn't out yet

i'm wondering if it's all the problems going around about the ME, becuase when i simmed a month my team won them all, might just put the game aside and wait till the next patch, can't really complain too much as the game isn't out yet

That does just prove that your assistant manager is better than you. :)

Think the game should be called potential

Since it came out i have played every game in full and currently half way through the season and currently 5th but.............

1.The game has so far no ownership and by this i mean the tactic you put out is not the tactic they play it has gone back in time because it has started to play like just a formation the feeling of control has gone of the game plan because the players simple do not follow what you tell them and every game is much the same no matter what you tell your midfield the simple refuse to attempted a tackle and match result normally come down to who simple passes it better.

2.Please lets have something the boring passing game of every side no matter what they attempt is simple the same ever side no matter what formation bar the 4-2-0-3-1 every side plays exactly the same including mine and the stats even back that up if you look hard enough in the stats including positional play.

3.Why have the silly little passes that everybody bar the opposition go for through balls, sideways balls where a interception is also certain to be made but it just go's through the player.

4.I disagree there two many goals scored i think there ways to counter this but it by watching the engine and in no way football thinking it more of a exploit to stop them scoring but also limits yourself.

5.Teamtalks are a little bit hit and miss as i not totally convinced there doing anything positive or negative i feel the result is already pre planned unfortunately and that so far is worst thing i have to say

Positives

You can see the potential of the match engine for sure there some great movement sometimes which get ignored because of the silly little passes which are by now predictable and mainly sideways and backwards but you just do not feel the ownership.

Some of the keeper movement and the player movements is first class although a little jerky but there getting there some of the keeper saves look very good indeed.

Transfer deadline day is a great movement forward adds something in my eyes.

Overall the game is not bad at all it is defiantly different and for some this will take time it has for me but the work is all there too see hopefully the midfield gets sorted and a few more ground challenges from my centre backs and players actually sometimes doing what there told to do but all in all it could become the best of the series no doubt but if the midfield and ground attempted tackles is not sorted for released for the first time ever i will wait till it sorted to carry on the first time i have ever had to do this.

its way too hard now, i nearly got liverpool relegated, was sacked 1st year in, then took over Leyton Orient, the only job i could get and managed to relegate them too. Started new season with what i thought was a decent team for div 2, have tried a variety of different tactics, and have lost 4 games in a row already! I am normally good at fm but not this version. I have now cancelled my order and wont bother this year

its way too hard now, i nearly got liverpool relegated, was sacked 1st year in, then took over Leyton Orient, the only job i could get and managed to relegate them too. Started new season with what i thought was a decent team for div 2, have tried a variety of different tactics, and have lost 4 games in a row already! I am normally good at fm but not this version. I have now cancelled my order and wont bother this year

Im doing pretty well with Liverpool at the moment. 3rd in the PL W6 D4 L1, 1/4 finals of th CO cup and through to the KO stages of the Europa League.

My team talks seem to be going well, only Gerrard and Suarez seem to disagree with my team talks occasionally.

Im liking the game this year, players seem to respond to my tactics and team talks and im liking some of the new features.

My only gripe is the amount of bookings Suarez is picking up, hes played 10 PL games and been booked 7 times and sent off once, most of the bookings coming from diving.

Give the lad a break ffs, he gets enough crap from the media, FA, fans, managers, the milkman, now Football Manager is taking the pee.

Good game though.

• Administrators
is anyone keep getting the game crashed while on the match after a couple of matches?

I experience that :( and I have to repeat the game again since I haven't saved it

Raise it in the tech forum and we'll try to help - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/295-Crashes-and-Technical-Issues

Thanks.

I seem to have a slight bug where my tactics team settings are not applied going in to a match.

Ive created a 4-2-3-1 tactic with team settings of a rigid philosophy, direct passes, drill crosses, zonal marking etc. This is the only tactic for my team atm.

After i submit my team and go through to the next phase where you give opposition instructions and the team talk, ive noticed although my squad is in the correct formation with the correct player roles, the team settings from the tactic have all been reset to 'default'.

Apart from this the games great!

Two injuries inside the first 60 minutes of my first game. Okay, then. I'll just wait until I can use the editor to fix this continual issue.

Also, why when I scout a player do they then become injured? It's happened around 5 or 6 times already.

As a final gripe, why is the game so slow? Did SI deliberately make the main game really slow to attract people to the FMC gimmick?

i'm playing as Arsenal and just seem to keep losing against poor teams, although i seem to have a gd team, anyone else with good teams losing alot to below average team, wondering whether its just me or to wait till the next patch

Exactly the same here. Played with Chelsea and Arsenal. Keep losing.

Don't know what's wrong. Been a FM follower many years.

Judging by what I've learned from this forum and other FM forums, it looks like that some guys find it too difficult (including me) while others find it too easy.

Archived