*Official 13.0.2 Updated Pre-Order Beta Feedback* - Keep all Feedback in here please!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been playing the series since CM2, struggling right now though. No matter what I try, nothing works!! I'm 19th in the league, the only game i've won is 3-0 against Bury in the cup. Podolski, Giroud and even Jovetic can't score for ****..... WTF!?

I'm now on my 4th game as tactics are just not working, i've even tried a couple from here recently to see if I'm missing something.....I have never ever been so **** poor, to the point i'm starting to think that there is a bug with Arsenal!

I'm not able to expand the match performance widget :( Basically, the only names I'm able to see are Joe hart, Kompany, Lescott, and Toure.. I'd have to scroll to see the text regarding other players. Anyone else facing this issue?

Still waiting for some feedback on this.. even on the Bugs forum: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/322281-Match-performance-widget

Update on the issue: The size of the home-team's performance widget is always fine, the away team's widget though is always 'minimised' and cannot be expanded, showing 4 players at most.

I've been playing the series since CM2, struggling right now though. No matter what I try, nothing works!! I'm 19th in the league, the only game i've won is 3-0 against Bury in the cup. Podolski, Giroud and even Jovetic can't score for ****..... WTF!?

I'm now on my 4th game as tactics are just not working, i've even tried a couple from here recently to see if I'm missing something.....I have never ever been so **** poor, to the point i'm starting to think that there is a bug with Arsenal!

"Man Utd fail to make chances pay"

If I had a euro for every time I have had to read that I'd be rich by now.

Strikers just can't finish for **** in the current match engine, or I haven't found the settings to let them score yet.

The match engine, the bad and the good

The bad elements seem to revolve mostly around the keepers and the defence. Keepers too many balls bounce off them, stupid errors putting the ball in their own nets, hoofing the ball up the pitch when under no pressure and after being directed to pass or throw short. Defending, not enough tackling or pressing the ball thus allowing too much time for the opposition to just pass the ball around, poor marking especially by FBs. There are too many shots on goal, I’m getting high teens low twenties nearly every game, it might look good but it’s not realistic.

The good, telling your team to play a short passing game now works, I can spend hours evaluating players to get the ones I want and who can play the style I’m trying to play, and it’s really disheartening when they just kick the ball forward, kick and rush style, in previous years the play was always direct. Players are now far more inclined to look for a man in a better position when in on goal. We get real goal mouth scrambles. The ball gets passed sideways and back not just forward. Its true there are too many long passages of play with the midfield just knocking the ball about, but that is due to the non tackling, poor marking and lack of pressing. Players do misscontrol the ball, make poor passes and shoot wildly, just like in real football.

Get the defence and keeper’s right, get the styles right,short, direct, long passing then the ME will be just about perfect.

So well into my second season now with Southampton, the ME update seemed to affect my tactics a bit, lost 3 of the first 4 and got hammered by Arsenal and Man Utd 4-0, but recovered since then adjusted my tactics after watching the games in a bit more detail. Still can't get my 4-1-2-2-1 formation to work but my 4-4-1-1 is working well and I'm up to 4th in November.

There are still a few 'gliding' type goals where strikers seem to latch onto through balls/long balls and glide past my defence/GK who are static. The crossing issue has gone from what I can see, my back four seems a lot more solid and my keeper will come for things.

One of my main gripes is injuries to players who can dribble, I have 5 players who can play in my ML, MR and AMC positions that are all good at dribbling and have dribbling set to 'often'. All season I have pretty much 2 injured at any one time, all from match related injuries from tackles. If they don't get 'officially' injured, every game one of them will be 15% condition lower than the rest of the team because someone has hacked him.

Either these players need to be made less brittle or the refs aren't picking up on bad tackles.

Another issue I have is that Gaston Ramirez has now been at the club for about 15 months and speaks no English, I'm still getting the AM feedback that he's having trouble fitting into the squad because of the language barrier. 15 months and no 'basic' English? Some of my Brazilian signings are also the same, although they have only been here 9 months.

What i've also found is that midfielders love to have a go from range, and because of the lack of pressing, especially by the central mids, if you have a player with a good long shot attribute they can be deadly, one game last night, despite me playing 3 central mids, and despite the fact one was on ball winning mid, defend duty and set to man mark the player in question, this guy got away 13 long shots, 7 of target, and scored 2, no one else in the opposition had a shot on target, but there was nothing at all i could do to stop him, i man marked him, i had opp instructions to always close down, tight marking and everything i could do, every single time this guy was free, or no one pressed him and he got away a long shot, i lost the game 2-0, my keeper played an 8, without him being on form it would have been 5/6 and all from long shots. Most of my games seem to go the same way, play 3 across the middle, but the opp have constant long shots at my goal because of the lack of pressing from either the midfield, or the central defenders.

My centre backs are averaging less than 2 tackles a game each, its just far too low.

Another issue I have is that Gaston Ramirez has now been at the club for about 15 months and speaks no English, I'm still getting the AM feedback that he's having trouble fitting into the squad because of the language barrier. 15 months and no 'basic' English? Some of my Brazilian signings are also the same, although they have only been here 9 months.

Different players have different hidden ratings for this. Tevez has been in the UK for ages and can barely speak English. Some players just aren't interested in learning.

What i've also found is that midfielders love to have a go from range, and because of the lack of pressing, especially by the central mids, if you have a player with a good long shot attribute they can be deadly, one game last night, despite me playing 3 central mids, and despite the fact one was on ball winning mid, defend duty and set to man mark the player in question, this guy got away 13 long shots, 7 of target, and scored 2, no one else in the opposition had a shot on target, but there was nothing at all i could do to stop him, i man marked him, i had opp instructions to always close down, tight marking and everything i could do, every single time this guy was free, or no one pressed him and he got away a long shot, i lost the game 2-0, my keeper played an 8, without him being on form it would have been 5/6 and all from long shots. Most of my games seem to go the same way, play 3 across the middle, but the opp have constant long shots at my goal because of the lack of pressing from either the midfield, or the central defenders.

My centre backs are averaging less than 2 tackles a game each, its just far too low.

Sounds about right, it just seems to me that the bulk of problems with the ME stem from bad modeling of defensive play and not from attacking play.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/2935/Stages/5476/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2011-2012

Check these stats out from last year. 1-2 tackles per game is pretty much bang on for centre backs. The tackles stats for midfielders are maybe a bit low, but then again only 12 players in the entire league averaged more than 3 tackles per game last season.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/2935/Stages/5476/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2011-2012

Check these stats out from last year. 1-2 tackles per game is pretty much bang on for centre backs. The tackles stats for midfielders are maybe a bit low, but then again only 12 players in the entire league averaged more than 3 tackles per game last season.

Thank you for this! I spent a while trying to find stats for the SPL for this exact thing to prove my point, or prove myself wrong but i couldnt find any! That makes me feel a bit better about that aspect of the ME. :) I guess my issue then is more the pressing side of things, the fact space is not really closed down and lose balls are not attacked enough by the backline or midfield and like i said previous, the lack of attempted tackles.

Thing is, when they sort that out, this ME will out do the FM12 one by a country mile, it looks ace, some of the build up play is great, although quite a lot of un-needed passing, although i think this will be tied into the fact the midfield sits rather than presses which means the midfield has a lot of time on the ball, the keepers look ace, and the defensive positioning in general is very good, your backline keeps its shape very well, and the full backs are much better than the first version we had.

Useful site, it shows the ME doesn’t need too much tweaking; it does make me think it’s the pressing element that missing, at the moment it’s too easy for the midfield and there are too many shots on goal, again most likely caused by the lack of pressing.

Just me, or does one bad result derail things FAR too easily? How can I go from having a title-challenging side, picking up say 14 points from 6 games, to then having one bad day and losing four in a row? This has happened 3 or 4 times now.

It doesn't make sense.

This is the biggest problem for me and i can't pin point it as it seems to be a ton of things. While it's feasible to win like 4 games an draw 2, then go on a big lose streak... something is just wrong.

I don't feel i have control, my tactics don't seem to matter... there is no consistency...

Oh also, another thing is being dominated by small teams. THAT is totally rubbish and NEVER happens in real life. I mean a big team will lose to a small team yes, but does it come from the small team playing like Barcelona? No, it comes from them taking chances and counter attacking. Yet in fm if i lose to a small team it's not longer that, it's always me getting passed off the pitch.

Ridiculous passing and shot stats for poor teams. This just doesn't feel good at all. Don't get me wrong it's not a threat to not buy it, i'm actually not going to at this point but, No other FM has felt as 'wrong' as this one. Beta is beta ok? but it's so close to release so.

After playing the demo this weekend my feelings about FM13 are mixed. I can't really judge the real play of the game yet, but some cosmetic differences irk me.

- I really have to get used to the new skin, which doesnt really appeal to me for some reason. I don't know what it is but I like the MFC-skin better (why there is such a major difference in layout between the full game and FMC is beyond me. I look forward to the first finished work from the skinners.

- Club logo (above left) is too small imo. It's a question of taste but i feel it should be more prominent. But I'm sure the skinners will see to this.

- It's nice I can finally play the game full-sreen on my netbook (1024×600), but it's a shame the screen gets compressed top-to-bottom so that round logo's etc appear oval. I guess there's more people using such resolutions.

- Match engine looks good and pretty realistic play as far as I could judge playing only 3 matches. Less dumb players and goalkeepers it seems.

- Cosmetic issue which has annoyed my in FM12 aswell and doesnt seem to have had any attention: the stadiums in lower league. I started out at Oskarhamns AIK in swedisch 3r tier. A tiny club with a stadium capacity of a mere 800. IRL it's probably one single small 40m wide low covered stand and grass all round the rest of the pitch. In FM13 the stadium has 4 covered stands of which one is an all seater, judging by the size of the stands it should hold about 5000 spectators easily. I wonder what happens when I fill it out and the full 800 come to watch. Will the 5k stadium be packed to the rafters or will the 800 only fill a fifth of the stands..? I really wonder why the uncovered stands have vanished from FM since FM11.. And wouldnt some no-stand sides be quite realistic in lower league?

In addition to earlier feedback, as some players have said, also board confidence is just silly. I take over at Roma while they are languishing in like 17th place in November, and they still expect a Champions league finish. Combine this with how erratic the games are and it's tough. However this isn't the real problem. I'm 5th in the league and there's barely any points between me and 4th. So i've done really well. Yet i'm close to getting the sack? Incredible.

What is wrong with this game SI? I fail to comprehend how so many things could be out of place.

Random results

Lower teams being Barcelona

Still a lot of problems with the match engine

board confidence is just bad, see above.

Tactics seem to have no effect...

Team talks? what the hell

So many issues that i can see, as well as issues which are maybe not so obvious but debiliating, and i just have no desire to play this game. This is the first time it's happened.

Also will Si ever actually respect players and comment on the poor ai. It may be hard to modify, but there is never anything said about this. Fact- the game has always been so easy after about a year or two. No ai can ever win, it's boring. Even then the game was still awesome to play.

Sigh.

• Administrators
In addition to earlier feedback, as some players have said, also board confidence is just silly. I take over at Roma while they are languishing in like 17th place in November, and they still expect a Champions league finish. Combine this with how erratic the games are and it's tough. However this isn't the real problem. I'm 5th in the league and there's barely any points between me and 4th. So i've done really well. Yet i'm close to getting the sack? Incredible.

What is wrong with this game SI? I fail to comprehend how so many things could be out of place.

Random results

Lower teams being Barcelona

Still a lot of problems with the match engine

board confidence is just bad, see above.

Tactics seem to have no effect...

Team talks? what the hell

So many issues that i can see, as well as issues which are maybe not so obvious but debiliating, and i just have no desire to play this game. This is the first time it's happened.

Also will Si ever actually respect players and comment on the poor ai. It may be hard to modify, but there is never anything said about this. Fact- the game has always been so easy after about a year or two. No ai can ever win, it's boring. Even then the game was still awesome to play.

Sigh.

Do you have a save game which shows your lack of board confidence? If so please raise it in the bugs forum and we'll take a look.

The in-game AI I assure you is something that is constantly worked on - it's not so much it's hard to modify, it's just every single tiny change has a massive knock-on the entire game. It's not easy to simulate squad building AI. It's not like you can just make every team great at doing it, for every manager that signs a Tiote or Rooney there's someone throwing money on Downing and Boselli. As always if people feel the AI is doing things which are 'wrong' in-game (signing half a dozen LBs, not making moves for obvious affordable players that'll improve their squad) again please do raise it in our bugs forum so we can investigate why.

Many thanks, bugs forum can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/291

I seem to have a slight bug where my tactics team settings are not applied going in to a match.

Ive created a 4-2-3-1 tactic with team settings of a rigid philosophy, direct passes, drill crosses, zonal marking etc. This is the only tactic for my team atm.

After i submit my team and go through to the next phase where you give opposition instructions and the team talk, ive noticed although my squad is in the correct formation with the correct player roles, the team settings from the tactic have all been reset to 'default'.

Apart from this the games great!

Report stuff like that in bugs forum.

really finding it difficult to sign players, and wonder if partly a bug. managing West Ham and sold a few players to get 1.5 Million in my transfer kitty. The tried to sign striker from Inter Milan and they agreed only for the message to come up to delay the transfer as I did not have enough funds, player loan contribution was 275K and minimal wages and I had 1.5 million, but kept asking me to delay transfer ??...any ideas?.

really finding it difficult to sign players, and wonder if partly a bug. managing West Ham and sold a few players to get 1.5 Million in my transfer kitty. The tried to sign striker from Inter Milan and they agreed only for the message to come up to delay the transfer as I did not have enough funds, player loan contribution was 275K and minimal wages and I had 1.5 million, but kept asking me to delay transfer ??...any ideas?.

Loan fees have changed from FM 12 and are now displayed monthly

I'm going to try again tonight, but pretty sure it was all in fee, but now you've got me doubting myself. If it was monthly that would seem strange as the players overall value was £750K, and they wanted £275K per month to loan him ?.

Yeah, £275K p/m seems excessive.

The in-game AI I assure you is something that is constantly worked on - it's not so much it's hard to modify, it's just every single tiny change has a massive knock-on the entire game. It's not easy to simulate squad building AI. It's not like you can just make every team great at doing it, for every manager that signs a Tiote or Rooney there's someone throwing money on Downing and Boselli.

Now I'm feeling more and more worried ...

Quick one, managing Mansfield at the moment, currently two promotions on the bounce and well on course for my third as division winner (somehow!).

I got approached today by a club a league below me (League 2, England) by a club with less resources who are ambling in mid table:

http://i.imgur.com/CgUen.png

Is that a bug or is it reputation related? I don't think it's very realistic personally.

If it's a bug, I'll happily report in the bug forum.

I think I will leave the game until release now.

I have built a really good Tonbridge side have the tactics and training working well and I am dominating matches,the only problem is the ME/3D highlights just seem to want me to blow my brains out!

Just finished 2 matches were both times their keeper got man of the match,the first game I lost 2-1 they had 3 shots at goal and scored 2 of them,1 of which was pretty world class,I had 18 shots with 10 on target and their keeper should be getting a call up to the England squad any day now..

The second game I lost 1-0 where their left back kicked it 80 yards up the park,it goes over my defenders who it appears were talking about last nights episode of Eastenders and pin point onto their strikers foot to tap in /golfclap, this is the BSS league.

Anyway I also battered their goal with their keeper in top form saving 3 times with his legs..quite fantastic stuff and he and the keeper from the previous game will be fighting Joe Hart for the England number 1 shirt.

Anyway like I said I will leave the game until the release as I don't want to get the sack or ruin my teams chances of promottion,hopefully they can make enough changes to make this game enjoyable.

I just finished my first season with the updated ME and this is my view:

Goals from poor angles. The killer crosses are gone but players are still scoring the majority of goals from poor angles. MC's, despite instructions, don't shoot from distance very often at all but any player will take a shot while running along the byline and the most likely result is a blocked shot that takes an unrealistic rebound to an opposing player on the far post for a goal or to a defender to clear about 50/50, second most likely is it's a goal, usually bouncing off the keeper or defender and into the goal at the near post, and the least likely result is the shot missing and going out for a goal kick - which should be the most likely result.

Players have poor closing down. If I were instructing my players to stand off, they would be acting perfectly, unfortunately I have them set to press more and aggressive tackles yet I see closing down and interceptions in the oppositions half about 75% more often than in my own half. All of my defenders have high bravery and aggression as well.

He scores but he didn't mean it! This happens far too often, in one of every three games from deep crosses.

Quick one, managing Mansfield at the moment, currently two promotions on the bounce and well on course for my third as division winner (somehow!).

I got approached today by a club a league below me (League 2, England) by a club with less resources who are ambling in mid table:

http://i.imgur.com/CgUen.png

Is that a bug or is it reputation related? I don't think it's very realistic personally.

If it's a bug, I'll happily report in the bug forum.

Swindon are a bigger club than Mansfield. Mansfield have a very low reputation, and Swindons is slightly bigger. You have had sucessive promotions, whilst they have presumably just been relegated, and the reputation hasn't yet caught up yet. If in ten years time you had always been a division above them, then this wouldn't happen.

It is like when Newcastle were in Championship, Newcastle were still a bigger club than some of the teams in the EPL. If they had stayed down then that would have ceased to be the case.

I agree this offer is weird, but it is because all the league movements have been quite short-term. In reputation terms you are still BSP really. As you stay up in the higher leagues this will change in time.

Swindon are a bigger club than Mansfield. Mansfield have a very low reputation, and Swindons is slightly bigger. You have had sucessive promotions, whilst they have presumably just been relegated, and the reputation hasn't yet caught up yet. If in ten years time you had always been a division above them, then this wouldn't happen.

It is like when Newcastle were in Championship, Newcastle were still a bigger club than some of the teams in the EPL. If they had stayed down then that would have ceased to be the case.

I agree this offer is weird, but it is because all the league movements have been quite short-term. In reputation terms you are still BSP really. As you stay up in the higher leagues this will change in time.

Thank you, thought it was possibly reputation based but thought it was a bit weird considering respective league positions (about 35 games in now and I'm top by about 10 points).

Would have thought my own stock would have risen slightly quicker though, better not upset the board by applying for any jobs any time soon!

Thank you, thought it was possibly reputation based but thought it was a bit weird considering respective league positions (about 35 games in now and I'm top by about 10 points).

Would have thought my own stock would have risen slightly quicker though, better not upset the board by applying for any jobs any time soon!

Yes, in truth I can't decide if I think the reputation changes are a bit too slow or not. I suppose it is good that the change isn't instant, would be rubbish if a team got promoted and instantly became bigger than everyone in the league below, as I am not sure it is always like that. Blackburn possibly a bigger club than Reading?

But also it does feel a bit slow sometimes.

I was actually only thinking about the respective reputations of the clubs, rather than your own. In this regard it would matter whether you had just been promoted or if you had won the leagues, and so on. Sounds like you are gonna win the league this time though.

I have found in FM12 that, if you win the leagues at least, the game is quite good at having slightly bigger clubs be interested in you, even if you are higher in the league. For example in my first season in Championship in an FM12 file where I rose through the leagues I was being approached by the teams that had just been relegated from the Premier League, but turned them down as it was Christmas and my team had a better chance of going up. I haven't reached a similar position in 13 yet

In terms of transfers, as yet I’ve seen no major issues, managing Luton I have brought in some good players, transfers and loans. I can’t give away unwanted players for love or money even good ones offered for free, but that seems to have been an issue on every FM game I’ve ever played. I’m expected to win the league and I’m clear at the top 27 games, 19 wins and 8 draws, my winning streak seems to have helped with team talks and half and full time reactions seem to be good, however pre match ones remain at little reaction. Playing a short passing game with Inside forwards out wide and no recognised striker in the middle. Despite no losses many of my games have been tight affairs, 36 games including cup matches played and only in 6 matches have I scored more than 3 goals.

In terms of transfers, as yet I’ve seen no major issues,managing Luton I have brought in some good players, transfers and loans. I can’tgive away unwanted players for love or money even good ones offered forfree, but that seems to have been an issue on every FM game I’ve ever played..

Have you added them to unwanted list, to be sold for any price? If you do this and your DoF can't sell them then they can't be sold, but at least in this edition you can get your DoF on the case!

Has anyone noticed / is it a known issue: twice I have had a first team player moved to the reserve team without me noticing. The only thing that makes me notice is they ask for a chat about lack of first team football and then I move them back to the first team.

Have you added them to unwanted list, to be sold for any price? If you do this and your DoF can't sell them then they can't be sold, but at least in this edition you can get your DoF on the case!

Yes did that, one of the great improvements in the game, still didn’t find a buyer though, however releasing them on FT did leave me a wage budget to pick up a couple of players in the January transfer window.

My complaint is the balance in the ME. Too often it's too tough for a top4 side to break down teams from 3rd league. i mean,there is certain limit to which tactis can take you,so if an amateur team has brilliant tactic they are still physicaly,tactically and skill wise much much worse than a professional players from top4 side, and they should be played off the park easily,or at least routinely but somehow they can make you real problems. A much stronger team should absolutely dominate this kind of opposition and if set to an attacking play, with pressing and hard tackling there is no way that an amateur team could have so many key highlights. it is just to often I see much weaker teams play too good.

One more quick thing, how the hell do you find a reserve team manager? Cannot seem to get anyone who wants to do the blasted role.

Staff search is very annoying for not filtering out uninsterested staff, I guess due to not defining by role.

Listing the job advert should work though, everyone who replies will be interested.

I have only once put in a job advert and not got a reply, was for a physio for angola

AI may use the same ME we do, i am more than curious to know what their tactics/instructions are.

I mean why is AI able to play football while my team only shoots in a ball with no logic. Why are AI strikers able to outrun my defense while mine just stand worthless in the middle of it. Why is my defense line a total chaos, while AI defends in a line, stuck to the limit of its surface. Whatever tactics changes i make, i feel like ******* in a violin (which would be nicer, i would feel very good doing it, evil instrument).

I think the changes i made are "logical" - reducing creativity, increasing pressing and tackles to win the ball. So is the AI using crazy things to play football ?

I may win, i may lose, but in both situations, i don't know why. Same team, same tactic may work for one game, with clean play, but next time it's total chaos on the field. It's very frustrating...

My complaint is the balance in the ME. Too often it's too tough for a top4 side to break down teams from 3rd league. i mean,there is certain limit to which tactis can take you,so if an amateur team has brilliant tactic they are still physicaly,tactically and skill wise much much worse than a professional players from top4 side, and they should be played off the park easily,or at least routinely but somehow they can make you real problems. A much stronger team should absolutely dominate this kind of opposition and if set to an attacking play, with pressing and hard tackling there is no way that an amateur team could have so many key highlights. it is just to often I see much weaker teams play too good.

The problem here is getting the balance, because sometimes in cup games between giants and minnows it’s the small teams extra desire against a bigger opponent that sometimes reaps the reward. That essential human trait is very difficult to replicate in what is basically a mathematical model so I don’t think FM does a bad job. My Luton town has just beaten Tottenham in the cup 1 – 0 it’s unlikely but not impossible. Curiously as I was expecting to lose badly I took a holiday and let my assistant run the game with my tactics, I could go back and run the game 10 times over and lose every time, It’s a cash windfall for me and I’ve got Aldershot in the next round, a game I stand a fair chance of winning. In real life this sort of thing happens less often than it did years ago; check out Ronny Radford’s goal for Hereford against Newcastle on YouTube.

One more quick thing, how the hell do you find a reserve team manager? Cannot seem to get anyone who wants to do the blasted role.

You can put your AssMan in charge of reserve squad. I always do that. I don't use reserve manager.

Archived