*Official 13.0.2 Updated Pre-Order Beta Feedback* - Keep all Feedback in here please!

I'd look back to all the news items you received the month you requested and make sure there isn't one in there that says they were unable to find a suitable club, which I'm assuming is what the answer would be.

I'm in January now, so I don't have all of the messages from the last 6 months; only the last week or two. If there was a message, I can't find it anywhere. However, if the board couldn't find a feeder club, I would expect to be able to request one again by now.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Certainly some work needs to be done on the ME but I think it’s easy to focus on the negatives rather than the positives, for me it has the potential too far surpass the 2012 engine, I found that wooden and easy, not so bad I guess, if all you want to see is direct football in a British kick and rush style. My biggest gripe is that I can’t believe they haven’t fixed the GK distribution, no matter what you set, 8 times out of 10 the GKs hoof it up the pitch, usually straight to the opposition.

I totally agree with you. My Spurs team style of play totally rely on keeper giving the ball to one of the full-backs. Without this, match experience seems to be a lottery. Just try to grab the ball back with no pressing and no tackling. I thought I've found the way with my choice of style and strategy but at the end of the day the matches have all the same pattern :

My last 3 in pre-season : Liverpool- Spurs 2-2 with Liverpool coming from 2-0 with Jose Enrique receiving his marching orders, Lorient-Spurs 2-2 with the french team coming twice from behind. Right now I'm playing a Shamrock Rovers-Spurs match and can you believe it, Rovers have just levelled 1-1 and are starting to play Barcelona like (well, maybe I'm overreacting a little bit there...). By the way, on various saves on FM 12, I often played Rovers in pre season with Spurs and the scores usually read 4 or 5-0 to Tottenham...

Here is my constructive feedback:

Absolute DOG ****!!!

Match Engine is horrific, I would go into alot of detail but instead I will just say Ryan Giggs scored direct from a corner.

SI have got a few things right, such as the interface. Some quite good new features included imo. But, the one thing that actually makes the game playable is the match engine and this year it is horribly wrong. I know this is BETA but can SI honestly say the issues with the ME will be ironed out by Friday?? Highly unlikely.

It really pisses me off how every year we buy a game that is not worth a penny untill about 3 months after release. We all continue to buy it as we hope that one year they might get it right. My advice to SI would be, cancel the BETA, cancel the release date, actually test the match engine you intend to release, then consider releasing the game.

Shocking, once again. Well played

What can I say except the game experience for me with this beta is awful. None of the issues I had with FM12 have been sorted and this version just looks like a real step backwards. I find it insulting that SI even deem the beta worthy of sharing with their customers. Player interaction is dreadful (one nervous player means poor result but you still play just as well, just miss instead of scoring) and far more sensitive than previously. AI scoring is so predictable (all critical goals are scored in first 10 mins, just before half time, just after half time, last few minutes of game or straight from a kick off) just like FM12. Match engine is very poor. I am also getting really bored after 16 years of playing this game that I have to start from scratch like a novice with each version, even after patch updates.

Seriously considering cancelling my pre-order with Amazon, mainly because I no longer feel SI deserve my money.

Here is my constructive feedback:

Absolute DOG ****!!!

Match Engine is horrific, I would go into alot of detail but instead I will just say Ryan Giggs scored direct from a corner.

SI have got a few things right, such as the interface. Some quite good new features included imo. But, the one thing that actually makes the game playable is the match engine and this year it is horribly wrong. I know this is BETA but can SI honestly say the issues with the ME will be ironed out by Friday?? Highly unlikely.

It really pisses me off how every year we buy a game that is not worth a penny untill about 3 months after release. We all continue to buy it as we hope that one year they might get it right. My advice to SI would be, cancel the BETA, cancel the release date, actually test the match engine you intend to release, then consider releasing the game.

Shocking, once again. Well played

I agree with the substance of these comments which maybe are too harsh in the form ...

But that's what some arrogant developers deserve ..

They should be more humble and recognize that ME 2013 is a big failure.

Not a worthy product as the previous games.

Certainly some work needs to be done on the ME but I think it’s easy to focus on the negatives rather than the positives, for me it has the potential too far surpass the 2012 engine, I found that wooden and easy, not so bad I guess, if all you want to see is direct football in a British kick and rush style. My biggest gripe is that I can’t believe they haven’t fixed the GK distribution, no matter what you set, 8 times out of 10 the GKs hoof it up the pitch, usually straight to the opposition.

Keeper distribution is doing my nut in as well. My midfield is rarely going to win headers so I rely on keeping the ball on the floor. This bug is probably the biggest reason why my possession stats are never what they should be. Hopefully it's easily fixed and sorted by Friday or sooner.

Another thing I'm noticing is that the AI team stats are pretty unrealistic at the moment. Looking around at La Liga and the Bundesliga, top clubs (Barca, Real, Bayern, Dortmund) are only averaging a little over 1.5 goals per match after half a season. Messi and Ronaldo not scoring nearly as much as they do in real life. Something else to be looked into.

This isn't a bug or anything more of a question. Why is the Man of the Match no longer called 'Man of the Match' and why are they called 'Player of the Match'? On the season statistics the column is for PoM instead of MoM.

Because of the licencing issues.

Think the game should be called potential

Since it came out i have played every game in full and currently half way through the season and currently 5th but.............

1.The game has so far no ownership and by this i mean the tactic you put out is not the tactic they play it has gone back in time because it has started to play like just a formation the feeling of control has gone of the game plan because the players simple do not follow what you tell them and every game is much the same no matter what you tell your midfield the simple refuse to attempted a tackle and match result normally come down to who simple passes it better.

2.Please lets have something the boring passing game of every side no matter what they attempt is simple the same ever side no matter what formation bar the 4-2-0-3-1 every side plays exactly the same including mine and the stats even back that up if you look hard enough in the stats including positional play.

3.Why have the silly little passes that everybody bar the opposition go for through balls, sideways balls where a interception is also certain to be made but it just go's through the player.

4.I disagree there two many goals scored i think there ways to counter this but it by watching the engine and in no way football thinking it more of a exploit to stop them scoring but also limits yourself.

5.Teamtalks are a little bit hit and miss as i not totally convinced there doing anything positive or negative i feel the result is already pre planned unfortunately and that so far is worst thing i have to say

Positives

You can see the potential of the match engine for sure there some great movement sometimes which get ignored because of the silly little passes which are by now predictable and mainly sideways and backwards but you just do not feel the ownership.

Some of the keeper movement and the player movements is first class although a little jerky but there getting there some of the keeper saves look very good indeed.

Transfer deadline day is a great movement forward adds something in my eyes.

Overall the game is not bad at all it is defiantly different and for some this will take time it has for me but the work is all there too see hopefully the midfield gets sorted and a few more ground challenges from my centre backs and players actually sometimes doing what there told to do but all in all it could become the best of the series no doubt but if the midfield and ground attempted tackles is not sorted for released for the first time ever i will wait till it sorted to carry on the first time i have ever had to do this.

To add on top of this the players no matter how you set them up if they start in the same line ie Poacher with different mentality sets and say a deep laying forward they will still play in the same line same as the defenders even if set to cover and stopper and same with the midfield.

I have moved into 4th after 3 more games but have put the game to bed the game is simple non tactical to a degree when players are not only simply failing to understand what your telling them to do.

The feel very detached from the game and i have played every game 100 per cent and now know the tactical side and the me are defiantly not on the same wavelength at all and it back to the good old days of my players are better and to a degree a luck of a dice.

As said previously this needs sorting out and fast because i know many who have played it and feel the same.

Doing a save with Real Madrid and there seems to be an issue with Ronaldo getting too many cards (I figured mostly from simulation). Admittedly i started with hard tackling and he was on 4 yellows from the first 5 matches or so and then I changed to normal for all attacking players and he finished with 15 from 52 matches. Last season irl he finished with 8 yellows from 66 matches.

Now this season he has got sent off twice for double yellow cards. He is now on 4 yellows in 8 matches. To make things worse, both second yellows (for the reds) were for simulation. Ironic after yesterday's incident with torres. I have gone back and checked 4 of his yellow cards in the previous season and 2 out of them were also for simulation! I don't want to check all the matches due to the 'Generating match report' issue. Can this be looked into as even the naughtiest of players don't dive that often (or at least they don't get caught)

Match engine is much improved on the update I'm sure it will continue to improve too which I am excited about.. One complaint is that my goalkeeper still fails to distribute to my DC.. he just kicks it long despite being told to distribute to my BPD.. this is annoying as I like to play possession football and when my goalkeepers pass % is around the 50-60 mark there is lots of lost opportunities as kicking long does nothing.. My sides are more Swansea than Stoke! Any ideas/updates on if this is going to be fixed? Cheers

• Administrators
This **** has to be fixed. 3rd time it's happened to me....

[video=youtube;nJzQnOi1xZM]

Can you please raise this on our match engine forum so we can take a look? Forum is here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/296-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Thanks.

Dunno if this is a bug, or a player being greedy, I'm Wolves, in the 3rd season, Kaka is 32, not in Real Madrid's side, transfer listed, there's me, Aston Villa and Newcastle after him, get a bid of £3.1m accepted for him, get to the contract screen, he wants £300k a week, he's currently on £200k, not right surely?

• Administrators
Started a game in Serbia (only) as Red Star and whenever I try to enter private chat with a player (most players) the game freezes and crashes. This was repeated 3 times.

More Info: Default UK settings.

Can you raise this on the tech forums for us please so we can look into it? Forum can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/295-Crashes-and-Technical-Issues

Thanks.

To be honest I'd expect Kaka to request crazy wages to join a much smaller club than Real Madrid. How high profile are Wolves now?

Not that high profile if I'm honest, in 3rd season, finished 2nd in Championship first year, second I finished 13th in the Premiership, so you're probably right, just thought for a 32year old Kaka to request £300k a week is a bit mental is all.

Thanks for replying though Neil, much appreciated.

Just noticed something else, when I'm in the Unwanted List, I can't remove a player, had a player in there for ages, can't remove him for some reason, same with the Development List, but the Transfer List is okay, I'm able to add and remove players from there.

That bug is already logged. Whether it will get fixed though....

Not seen much trading between top clubs, got offered Kolarov though >.>

agent greed needs toning down a 1.1m agent fee for buying a player from blackburn?

and i don't see much point in the DoF transfer list, every single one fails for one reason or another

and is this intentional?

FC7B618BA97765135C754917E1F543DC80557820

will be available for £200m

At this point i don´t know what to do guys..cancel or not. I like the game (bugs apart) is faster and i like the new additions and options but ME is killing me.

I know this is a beta but do you really think ME will be fixed for the release day? I´m thinking in cancel now and probably buy in March with the last patch...i don´t know. :(

Hi,

I have this problem in which the ingame font colour in the player attributes column (finishing, dribbling etc) are all in white which is similar to the background colour. Same goes for my news items words, they are all in white which against the white background. I cant read anything and play the game properly. I have tried re-installing and also set the mode not to be "GPU assisted". I installed the game on another com and the colour of the words turned out to be actually fine!

Is this a bug? Or is this a problem with my graphics card? Im using the laptop Ge=force 105m card.

Will there be a dark skin in the actual fm13 release to choose from?

How can i solve this problem? I can only play the game on my laptop. Pls help.. thanks!

Terrible.

Man Utd.

Cannot win against even the crappy pre-season teams. Drawing games 3-3, 2-2, etc even with 2 DM's and a back 5.

Not a single clean sheet.

Wingers not crossing the ball, just passing back to center mid.

Not a single visible tackle to date.

Through passes where my players stand still as it slides past.

Very rare positive reactions. Buck up your ideas, you're losing to Craptown United 2-0? 8 red changes.

Bring me 13's UI with 12's ME any day. This ME is useless.

Edit: Just won 4-2. 2-2 at half time. I'm very pleased with your performance lads. 3 Angry, 5 switched off, 1 lost focus. What the hell?

Terrible.

Man Utd.

Cannot win against even the crappy pre-season teams. Drawing games 3-3, 2-2, etc even with 2 DM's and a back 5.

Very rare positive reactions. Buck up your ideas, you're losing to Craptown United 2-0? 8 red changes.

Edit: Just won 4-2. 2-2 at half time. I'm very pleased with your performance lads. 3 Angry, 5 switched off, 1 lost focus. What the hell?

I know this question is always asked but...what's your reputation??

Terrible.

Man Utd.

That'll be your staring reputation which I'm guessing would have been automatic, getting your assistant to take team talks (providing he has a rep higher than the players in your team) until your rep increases lessens the impact of this.

The problems you're seeing in the me are probably at least partially down to this a well, once your rep increases your players should start paying more attention to your tactical instructions.

End of 1st season, I'm playing in England and check out the Italian league only to find Inter, Lazio and Fiorentina all relegated. The league has been on full detail all season, just seems very odd that all3 could go down and specially in the first season. Napoli-Juventus-Atalanta-Palermo made up the top 4.

Is this a bug or just a freak occurance?

Finally got to sit down with the Beta last night.

Very impressed with the game - I really like the development lists, transfer targets, etc. I think that is an excellent inclusion to the game.

The only thing I don't like about it is that when you go to add a player to a list it jumps to that screen - wish it was just a little pop up box where you can set the min asking price, etc. and then confirm it and it brings you back to the screen you were on.

It's only a small thing, but got annoyed having to flick back forth between screens - especially when I was browsing heavily for new talent.

And the other thing - I really thought SI looked into this - they video blogged about it - it's still far too easy to sign lots of players using the 48 month transfer exploit.

I know this question is always asked but...what's your reputation??

I think it has not much to do with reputation.

I started an Arsenal game with "International Footballer" reputation and just got the same unbelievable match results as my previous game which was a Chelsea save with "Automatic" reputation.

Still the ME to blame.

1- The only thing I don't like about it is that when you go to add a player to a list it jumps to that screen - wish it was just a little pop up box where you can set the min asking price, etc. and then confirm it and it brings you back to the screen you were on.

2- And the other thing - I really thought SI looked into this - they video blogged about it - it's still far too easy to sign lots of players using the 48 month transfer exploit.

1- totally agree

2 - They have looked into it slightly, teams now tend to ask for a bit more of the money up front, and for the total amount to be slightly more, and it tends not to be for their best prospects. If a player is transfer listed and they are asking for a fraction of his value, i.e. they really want rid of him, then you can still pay over 48 months, and there is nothing wrong with it. In the FM12 you could sign 90% of promising youngsters in europe for £0 up front and £1 million over 48 months. That is no longer the case. I do agree they need to look into it more, teams accepting money in installments should also demand lots of additional fees, especially for youngsters.

I think it has not much to do with reputation.

I started an Arsenal game with "International Footballer" reputation and just got the same unbelievable match results as my previous game which was a Chelsea save with "Automatic" reputation.

Still the ME to blame.

That could be a multidude of things. Squad not gelled properly, too many signings in a short space of time, using a tactic which was successful in previous versions due to it taking advantage of me flaws which have since been removed and so is less likely to work as well. If indeed it is entirely the me that is making you have unbelievable match results then why with the exact same me you are using am I finding the results I'm getting much the same as I achieved on FM12?

using a tactic which was successful in previous versions due to it taking advantage of me flaws which have since been removed and so is less likely to work as well.

This quote should be added as a sticky or to the rolling banner at the top. I brought in my FM 12 tactics, terrible results. I then changed to a tactic which might actually work on a football pitch, much better results.

It still isn't perfect, and truthfully I still score too many goals from through balls, but the fact your tactic that exploited the FM12 engine no longer works does not mean the FM13 engine is broken

Archived