*Official 13.0.2 Updated Pre-Order Beta Feedback* - Keep all Feedback in here please!

Staff search is very annoying for not filtering out uninsterested staff, I guess due to not defining by role.

Listing the job advert should work though, everyone who replies will be interested.

I have only once put in a job advert and not got a reply, was for a physio for angola

Thanks again, and for your other reply!

Btw, think the club reputation speed should stay as it is, but manager reputation should be slightly sped up. Managers are getting plucked from the lower leagues quite often, with varying degrees of success, assuming they've had one or two good seasons. Usually very sought after.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game is great, however I would not recommend anyone to start a long term save yet. I have done so twice already.

The first game was destroyed by the (now fixed) view-only bug and the second is destroyed because of crashes when clicking player search. My third time will definitely be with the full game.

Has this screen gone from FM13? I really hope not! Also why is it when you click on a result from any completed game it generates a match analysis?

Here is the screen I miss from FM12 but appears to have been omitted from FM13

glentoranvkillymooninfo.png

I really miss that screen as well. It is what I used to give feedback and get overall view on how the match had gone.

Speaking of matches is it possible to set up my match view like this anymore?

w19KOl.jpg

Hello everyone.

There's no access to pre-match feedback from the ass. man. BEFORE the match goes underway. It was possible and very useful on previous FMs. Can we have any hope to get those advices pre match as their name suggests ?

By the way, because of my english I didn't want to give feedback on this forum but the first step is the one that matters as we say in french so...

* There is no possibility to get 'defender collect' whatsoever. I've been trying many things to go round the problem but was not able to find any trick.

* Same goes for playing free-kicks or corners the short way, as we were able to do on FM 11, 12.

* As far as I'm concerned, after palying the beta for a week, before and after friday's update, I think FM 13 doesn't allow you to play with a style/approach not fit for your team. FM new match engine seems to be very precisely tuned (I don't know if that's ring any bell to you ?...) and it doesn't allow approximations. And that's OK by me but I doubt that the casual FM player will cope with this tricky choice which is game defining by any means.If the style/approach is not the right one, we often get bad defending (players not at the right place at the right time), bad passing opportunities (hello long balls out of nowhere going no places !!!...). That said, even with a style choice that fits your first team, you still have players unable to cope with their ball possessing opponent especially when our defensive player face his own goal (going backwards), tackling is almost non existent (or not so well 3D visible, just like poor goalkeeping which in fact could be filed as 'misrepresentation by the 3D engine').

*Otherwise, the game is great and if those flaws can be ironed out (at least the main ones for Super Friday November 2nd and the others on forthcoming patches), I'll be very happy FM wise. I have enjoyed such great times with FM since FM 10 that I don't want it to end with a weaker iteration of our beloved game. With FM 12 we reached a kind of summit in game pleasure and I have to admit that you guys have some guts to have changed your match engine to go forward. And even if I'm not a great fan of the new training system (how can we check players progress or tune precisely match fitness ?...) or FMC and challenge modes, I must admit that you're doing a tremendous job.

Our gaming pleasure is in your hands. Thank you for your time.

tackling is almost non existent (or not so well 3D visible...)

Yes, I noticed this too. There only seems to be one animation for tackling and that's when they go to ground. There should be some for standing tackles because right now it just looks like they either run into some kind of force field around the man with the ball or run straight through him. It's weird looking and makes it harder to tell exactly what's going on.

I also don't like the new match engine as much as the 13.0.1 one. There were too many goals from crosses before, but now I'd say there aren't nearly enough, especially in the middle and at the near post. Somewhere in between would be best.

And keepers in general are just too strong. They save every long shot and most of the breakaways. The result is that most of the goals come from scrums in front of the net or when a forward makes a tackle on a defender, both of which are really unsatisfying as they have nothing to do with your tactics.

I'm still enjoying the game a lot though and most of the changes have been really good, keep up the good work!

I'm getting agents offering me players and telling me they could be available for... 200M pounds. I had this happen twice with two different players in about a week apart from each other. I have a game save but this is way back in the season. I didnt think to save it for that bug. I will keep an eye out in case it happens again and save it to upload it so you dont have to scroll back 4 months :) im playing in the polish league if that matters.

Yes, I noticed this too. There only seems to be one animation for tackling and that's when they go to ground. There should be some for standing tackles because right now it just looks like they either run into some kind of force field around the man with the ball or run straight through him. It's weird looking and makes it harder to tell exactly what's going on.

I also don't like the new match engine as much as the 13.0.1 one. There were too many goals from crosses before, but now I'd say there aren't nearly enough, especially in the middle and at the near post. Somewhere in between would be best.

And keepers in general are just too strong. They save every long shot and most of the breakaways. The result is that most of the goals come from scrums in front of the net or when a forward makes a tackle on a defender, both of which are really unsatisfying as they have nothing to do with your tactics.

I'm still enjoying the game a lot though and most of the changes have been really good, keep up the good work!

And Keepers at the bottom are frankly atrocious. The easiest of balls just get palmed into oncoming strikers. Seems like the jump between attribute levels might be a bit high.

My latest game against Nuneaton has really shown the best of the ME, mindful of struggling against teams at the bottom I switched to an attacking strategy, I normal play control. It really paid off I quickly went two up, several chances followed as we kept the pressure on including a great one as Stuart Fleetwood cut in from the flank, as the GK came out he squared the ball only for Jon Shaw to miss from close range. In FM2012 Fleetwood would have ignored Shaw and just shot at the keeper. Still two up with twenty minutes to go I made a couple of substitutions of players who looked tired and switched to my normal control strategy, this was a mistake with our foot off the gas, Nuneaton pressed forward and a cross from the right was met with a thumping header from their right winger as he came from a deep position. Nuneaton continued to press and only a great save by my keeper stopped them from getting a draw. A great game that really showed the best of the ME.

Anyone else find the top teams buying each others players too often in England?

The amount of trading between Chelsea, Manu, Arsenal, Citeh & Liverpool is unrealistic IMO, especially in youth players.

Manu:

De Bruyne from Chelsea

Regen from Chelsea

Arsenal:

Valencia from Manu

Young from Manu

Chelsea:

Walcott from Arsenal

Rafeal from Manu

Fabio from Manu

Carrick from Manu

Smalling from Manu

Rodwell from Citeh

Regen from Citeh

Citeh:

Johnson from Liverpool

Enrique from Liverpool

Borini from Liverpool

Vrsaliko from Liverpool

Chamberlain from Arsenal

Loving the game so far and can imagine it being even better once the full game is released on friday, keep it up SI, also one request that should be in this fm and that's the overview screen in the matches I really miss that screen :( then the game would be perfect to me and with bugs sorted, cant wait.

Game engine needs to be improved for sure. Hopefully a patch will do it.

Goal keepers don't know what they are doing.

Defenders can't even mark their man or tackle hard.

Defenders run around like it's a lunapark and looking for cotton candies.

Midfield is easily passed

So many long balls by AI

The problem here is getting the balance, because sometimes in cup games between giants and minnows it’s the small teams extra desire against a bigger opponent that sometimes reaps the reward. That essential human trait is very difficult to replicate in what is basically a mathematical model so I don’t think FM does a bad job. My Luton town has just beaten Tottenham in the cup 1 – 0 it’s unlikely but not impossible. Curiously as I was expecting to lose badly I took a holiday and let my assistant run the game with my tactics, I could go back and run the game 10 times over and lose every time, It’s a cash windfall for me and I’ve got Aldershot in the next round, a game I stand a fair chance of winning. In real life this sort of thing happens less often than it did years ago; check out Ronny Radford’s goal for Hereford against Newcastle on YouTube.

True,small team can win against better opposition but they can't dominate the match. They can defend,ride their luck and scrap a win but it's highly unlikley they could dominate and be a better looking team on the pitch. That is my complaint.

High amount of disallowed goals. 2 per game or so. That's not realistic.

I think you're confusing 2 disallowed goals in a single match with 2 disallowed goals in every match.

There definitely are not 2 per match, the amount is still a bit high if you ask me but it isn't anywhere near 2 per match.

1. There only seems to be one animation for tackling and that's when they go to ground. There should be some for standing tackles because right now it just looks like they either run into some kind of force field around the man with the ball or run straight through him. It's weird looking and makes it harder to tell exactly what's going on.

2. I also don't like the new match engine as much as the 13.0.1 one. There were too many goals from crosses before, but now I'd say there aren't nearly enough, especially in the middle and at the near post. Somewhere in between would be best.

3. keepers in general are just too strong. They save every long shot and most of the breakaways. The result is that most of the goals come from scrums in front of the net or when a forward makes a tackle on a defender, both of which are really unsatisfying as they have nothing to do with your tactics.

4. I'm still enjoying the game a lot though and most of the changes have been really good, keep up the good work!

1. I hate this. Drives me crazy. That force field crap, with the one tackle animation, and players 'clipping' and literally going through each other...bloody hell.

2. They had it right the first time. They just needed to get the fullbacks to block crosses more often. Since that what fullbacks do in real life, block wingers and block crosses. You need crosses, because crosses happen often in real games. All they had to do is adjust the defense and goalies to combat it better. Now, wingers won't attack open space. They peel off and pass back. And fullbacks still don't block anything. It's totally screwed.

3. I just can't agree with this. I think they look incredibly awkward out there. Animations and all. They look, and perform, horribly. But i agree the game has nothing to do with stats and tactics anymore. You may as well play with default settings because they don't do anything you tell them to. Great players do stupid things because the game is screwed. Nobody on the field is playing football the way footballers play football. It's unrealistic.

4. Not me. I'll never play this game. If i come back in a month and wingers aren't attacking, fullbacks aren't blocking, keepers still suck, and one touch passing is as monotonous as it is now, i'll never recommend this crap to anybody. This is nothing like FM 2012. It looks like a completely different team of developers made this game. A team that knows nothing about how the game is played on the field.

Don't know how they could have screwed this up. They must have fired that one key guy that knew what the hell he was doing.

Or he up and quit.

Game engine needs to be improved for sure. Hopefully a patch will do it.

Goal keepers don't know what they are doing.

Defenders can't even mark their man or tackle hard.

Defenders run around like it's a lunapark and looking for cotton candies.

Midfield is easily passed

So many long balls by AI

I agree. I just deleted the game beta, not fun or realistic at all.

Need A HUGE! game engine update on this beta.

Main issues for ME from what I've seen in 1 season:

Lack of closing down, despite player instructions. No matter what setting, the defenders on the ME react as if they're set to stand off. There are also a very small number of intercepted passes in the ME.

Far too many goals from difficult angles, ie wingers running down the byline and scoring. This seems to be about 30-40% of the goals, even more frustrating that a number of them are shots that come off the keeper into the goal or the keeper unrealistically deflects the ball into the far post.

Not enough shots or goals from shots outside the box, from MC's.

Far too many 'He didn't even mean it' goals, ie crosses that find the net. Yes, it happens, but I see 1 in every 3 games and they aren't short crosses either.

Too hard defensive, too easy to score from crosses and the opossision scores on every chance even though its a asian preseason match with United loses 4-1 and completely absourb results against bad teams, my motivation is going to suffer with this one :(

Yeah, i think i'll just wait for a couple of patches before i go back to playing this.

Just been beating 5-0 by a far inferior team, that had 5 shots with 2 on target, while i had 14 shots. I conceded 2 identical own goals, a goal where my defender headed it straight to one of the opposition players right in front of my goal, a goal where my GK kicked the ball straight to one of the opposition right in front of my goal and the other was hit right at my GK, who thought he'd step out the way and let it go in.

That's just one of many games like this and it's making the game really unplayable for me, unfortunately.

Been playing FM for several years now and want to give my overall feedback on the beta.

1. Loving FMC. As I have a family and busy work schedule I find this new mode to be fantastic and it cuts through a lot of features that aren't essential. Also the FMC UI is fantastic.

2. The match engine is definitely a step in the right direction. Was starting to find the ME of the last couple years to feel very dated and limited. Attacking fluency in the new ME seems far improved and could be amazing with some more tweaks. Goal scoring is nicely varied... I'm scoring from in the box, outside the box, and from crosses pretty equally. There are still issues to work out as others have posted... Defenders still lack tactical awareness in some situations, especially on through balls. Also I find the goal keepers to be very inconsistent. On some plays they show great responsiveness and other times they don't react at all to what should be easy saves.

3. Has anyone else noticed the huge discrepancy in results of home vs. away matches? As an example, my last three home matches with my Chelsea squad were 4-2, 5-1, 5-0 wins while my last three away matches were 4-1 and 4-2 losses followed by a 2-2 draw. I understand the realism of home vs. away differences, but the discrepancy seems too great at the moment.

Overall, a big step in the right direction with FM13 but there are still substantial improvements needed from the match engine to make this the best FM yet.

The beta update has improved things but still so much left for SI to do in order to deliver us a playable game on Friday. I've been trying to get my teeth in to the beta but just can't. The ME is painful to watch at times. Just doesn't feel like a FM game at the moment. It's my own fault, I purchased early and installed the beta when it came out because I'm impatient! I want to play FM13 now, not on November 2nd. I knew it would be impossible to get a decent game going but I did it anyway. For my own sanity though I need to delete my current screwed up Chelsea save that I've been tooling around with, close the game and keep it closed until this weekend. This whole beta experience for me has been like opening my Christmas presents a week early and finding my Mum hasn't listened to what I want at all. Heartbreaking.

The most frustrating part of it all is this is the same scenario every single year. This year SI will stand up and wave a little flag saying how great pre-order sales were, which are inflated numbers because of the beta offer. But unless SI pull off a miracle patch on release day, it will be just like the majority of previous years where we're left putting FM on a shelf until a Jan/Feb patch or enduring frustration of a poorly tested match engine.

You would think a game a game that sells as well as FM which has minor changes from year to year would have 1 good solid release that is tested in house properly. Have slowly lost a lot of respect for SI over the years, and this year will be no different unless a miracle patch is produced for this poor ME.

The most frustrating part of it all is this is the same scenario every single year. This year SI will stand up and wave a little flag saying how great pre-order sales were, which are inflated numbers because of the beta offer. But unless SI pull off a miracle patch on release day, it will be just like the majority of previous years where we're left putting FM on a shelf until a Jan/Feb patch or enduring frustration of a poorly tested match engine.

You would think a game a game that sells as well as FM which has minor changes from year to year would have 1 good solid release that is tested in house properly. Have slowly lost a lot of respect for SI over the years, and this year will be no different unless a miracle patch is produced for this poor ME.

i gotta admit too, if no miracle happens on release day i will be waiting next year till the very last patch and buy it then for 10 bucks and be happy :p

Once you find the right tactic that suits your team, the ME is just fine. I was struggling at first as well. But I promoted with oxford united from league 2 to league 1. Despite being relegation candidate number one, I'm now lying in 3rd position. I do not concede many goals. Played 28 games, scored 45 times and 25 goals against. I think the tactical part of the game is more logical now. Think very hard about your tactic and you will be rewarded.

Once you find the right tactic that suits your team, the ME is just fine. I was struggling at first as well. But I promoted with oxford united from league 2 to league 1. Despite being relegation candidate number one, I'm now lying in 3rd position. I do not concede many goals. Played 28 games, scored 45 times and 25 goals against. I think the tactical part of the game is more logical now. Think very hard about your tactic and you will be rewarded.

The problems with the match engine shouldn't be confused with difficulty of taking advantage of it. And using specific instructions to compensate for the poor ME just highlights how poor it is.

Started a game in Serbia (only) as Red Star and whenever I try to enter private chat with a player (most players) the game freezes and crashes. This was repeated 3 times.

More Info: Default UK settings.

But when you have a huge playing level advantage tactics shouldn't really come into it. Alex Ferguson shouldn't be having to worry about too many tactical tweaks when facing doncaster rovers which is the sort of thing we have been seeing here.

The problems with the match engine shouldn't be confused with difficulty of taking advantage of it. And using specific instructions to compensate for the poor ME just highlights how poor it is.

We have a winner. Spot on post.

Can't see me bothering with this game til the March patch. And I've never said that.

Not enough shots or goals from shots outside the box, from MC's.

I've found the opposite in my save so far, if anything I want to reduce my MCs shooting because they're largely blocked by the swarm of defenders in the box, or go wide. I think increased defensive pressure and closing down would reduce the time MCs have on the ball, hopefully reducing shots though.

Do you have a save game which shows your lack of board confidence? If so please raise it in the bugs forum and we'll take a look.

The in-game AI I assure you is something that is constantly worked on - it's not so much it's hard to modify, it's just every single tiny change has a massive knock-on the entire game. It's not easy to simulate squad building AI. It's not like you can just make every team great at doing it, for every manager that signs a Tiote or Rooney there's someone throwing money on Downing and Boselli. As always if people feel the AI is doing things which are 'wrong' in-game (signing half a dozen LBs, not making moves for obvious affordable players that'll improve their squad) again please do raise it in our bugs forum so we can investigate why.

Many thanks, bugs forum can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/291

This board thing has been like this for the latest games. I got fired with Liverpool midway trough the season in FM12, because I didn't reach their expectations. In a record tight top flight, I was 6th with 4 point to number 1..

I've found the opposite in my save so far, if anything I want to reduce my MCs shooting because they're largely blocked by the swarm of defenders in the box, or go wide. I think increased defensive pressure and closing down would reduce the time MCs have on the ball, hopefully reducing shots though.

Agreed, absolutely no problems getting shots and goals from my CM's. And I also agree that an increase in defensive pressure would help a bit there.

As a side note about a lot of the feedback... SI is in a no win situation here. They have a pretty set time table for release every year and they've tried to build a brand new match engine as the old one can't be improved any further. There will be some growing pains. Unfortunately, the one constant about people in general is that they love to bitch, complain, and over react. We're still in BETA... Be patient. There was a great deal of improvement in the ME with the newest update. They'll get it right.

Certainly some work needs to be done on the ME but I think it’s easy to focus on the negatives rather than the positives, for me it has the potential too far surpass the 2012 engine, I found that wooden and easy, not so bad I guess, if all you want to see is direct football in a British kick and rush style. My biggest gripe is that I can’t believe they haven’t fixed the GK distribution, no matter what you set, 8 times out of 10 the GKs hoof it up the pitch, usually straight to the opposition.

One thing that's really annoying me at the moment is seeing obviously poor teams such as Brechin, Dumbarton, Albion Rovers, East Fife and even non-League Cove Rangers play expansive, one touch football like the 1970 World Cup winning Brazil team

I'm all up for lesser teams giving it a go against the big boys (I'm Rangers, 2013/14 season) or maybe sitting back depending on their manager's philosophy but at least make it realistic

think ive found my first bug

updated my beta save with the update.... im currently on september 5th manager of brechin...started unemployed

the next day after processing a message comes up saying PSG have agreed a fee with utd for patrice evra 6mill

process and next day PSG confirm signing of evra???

first of all im thinking thats really cheap for a worldclass player... only 6 mill??? however that doesnt really bother me

next im thinking we are outside the transfer window... its 5th sep.

i double check to see if they have agreed transfer and he joins in jan but no to my amazment he is at PSG.

surely a bug

I'm playing a game as Southampton on FM13. Pre-season, I asked the board to find a feeder club for me to send players abroad to get work permits. I'm into January now, and the board hasn't come back to me with a list of possible clubs yet, and I can't request a new feeder club of any kind. Thoughts?

I'm playing a game as Southampton on FM13. Pre-season, I asked the board to find a feeder club for me to send players abroad to get work permits. I'm into January now, and the board hasn't come back to me with a list of possible clubs yet, and I can't request a new feeder club of any kind. Thoughts?

I'd look back to all the news items you received the month you requested and make sure there isn't one in there that says they were unable to find a suitable club, which I'm assuming is what the answer would be.

Archived