*Official 13.0.2 Updated Pre-Order Beta Feedback* - Keep all Feedback in here please!

• Administrators

Yeah there is no 'update', just the full release. The beta versions have been a 'work in progress' so the main release will be the finished version. And yes, the finished version is different to the last beta update. Hope that clears things up.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to check something, so any help is much appreciated.

Am going to get the game from Steam tonight - when I've gone on to steam and then the bit for FM13 it says buy it now, get the beat and then it will change into the full version when released - all good!

However, then it says in a big green box next to the buy it bit that the game is not released until November 7th? Surely this can't be true??? Any mods know if steam have the date wrong there? I know it's out tonight but don't want to buy off steam tonight if it won't update the beta to the full game after midnight!

• Administrators

Am going to get the game from Steam tonight - when I've gone on to steam and then the bit for FM13 it says buy it now, get the beat and then it will change into the full version when released - all good!

However, then it says in a big green box next to the buy it bit that the game is not released until November 7th? Surely this can't be true??? Any mods know if steam have the date wrong there? I know it's out tonight but don't want to buy off steam tonight if it won't update the beta to the full game after midnight!

Just looked here and still says 2nd November for me. You got a screenshot or something?

Scratch that - I've just loaded up steam again and this time it's saying November 2nd - all good!

• Administrators

Just a heads up that yes, for the game to 'update' at 00:01am the game itself will need to be closed - the game cannot update whilst it is running. Once you've closed, upon relaunching the game will automatically begin to update and install the 'full release' version of Football Manager 2013.

Are there no more "wonderkid" etc labels?

I can't seem to find the player labels anymore on the player page anywhere. industrious midfielder, wonderkid, clinical striker, commanding centerback, winger, etc..

Are these labels not in FM13? I've looked all over the player pages.

And, 2nd point, by the way, the player pages feel horribly convoluted and require many more clicks to get the same amount of information that FM12 presented all at once and quite clearly. Like the fact that you need to click a button to see the "nationalities" and what languages a player speaks - how annoying, there is plenty of space just put it in the regular screen.

just a quick question Neil. Does your manager reputation go up after each season or is it a progressive improvement on a weekly basis?

MAybe not on a weekly bais, but I'm certain it changes throughout the season.

They are still there under the information tab. The label is at the top right of the position chart.

Touche. Thanks. Haha. So they are.

I guess its just my early dislike for the re-making of a lot of these screens, aside from not finding the info I'm looking for I think that they have too much empty space and don't give the info as simply and clearly as FM12 did. Way too convoluted.

But on the other hand I just need to get used to it. I just think that why fix the flow of the screens if it ain't broke. Updates to ME, new features, smoother skin (or slight adjustments to screens), and better inner workings (finance, xfer, etc), and 3D improvements are enough to make a new release great. No need to overhaul the look.

Anyhow looking forward to tonight's game. Hopefully this beta release will prevent the early annoyances of previous releases. Thanks SI.

• Administrators
just a quick question Neil. Does your manager reputation go up after each season or is it a progressive improvement on a weekly basis?

Changes based on things that can cause rep boosts/decreases. For example a big win (say you were League 2 and beat a Prem side in the cup -> instant rep boost) or a manager of the month award. Likewise a relegation/sacking will have an instant knock. Some of these boosts/decreases will be very small, others larger. Also when the game has the season update and say league reps change, that can also have a knock on to manager reps. Hope that helps.

Sorry, too hard for me to read all 12 pages. I have a question: in FM 2012 to see Match Stats I just click on the result and see all the stats. In FM 2013 the game generates a report, annoying for me. Is there a solution to this?

Sorry, too hard for me to read all 12 pages. I have a question: in FM 2012 to see Match Stats I just click on the result and see all the stats. In FM 2013 the game generates a report, annoying for me. Is there a solution to this?

Not at moment pal, there hoping to fix it later on at some point (not tonight i mean later in future) :)

Changes based on things that can cause rep boosts/decreases. For example a big win (say you were League 2 and beat a Prem side in the cup -> instant rep boost) or a manager of the month award. Likewise a relegation/sacking will have an instant knock. Some of these boosts/decreases will be very small, others larger. Also when the game has the season update and say league reps change, that can also have a knock on to manager reps. Hope that helps.

Yeah i was curious because mine hadn't moved much this season. It should increase when i win the league though and i guess i can't moan about the match engine now i'm on an 18 match unbeaten run with a 16 match winning streak in there.

Just finished my first season on the beta, enjoying the game, but frustrated that it is still nearly impossible to sell players. Been unable to shift Joe Cole even for free !
It's his wages dude, clubs who would want him like norwich, fulham clubs like that cant afford his 90k a week :)

• Administrators
Hey Neil, you said there is no update, but will we get a list of change notes from the beta and full release client?

We will be providing a brief changelist with some of the fixes yes.

I think the visibility of the condition of stadiums is overstated. I appreciate that grounds like Carrow Road and Loftus Road wont be in as good condition as a new-build, but they are made to look like they have been lost in the jungle for centuries, or are mouldy or something.

Tone it down!

• Administrators

The new build includes, but is not limited to, the changes below:

GENERAL

Fixed crash on player search when 1000+ scout reports active

Fixed crash when viewing U20 squad with huge national pool

Fixed crash when loading/closing .pkms repeatedly

Fixed potential crash on tactics screen during match with GPU Rendering enabled

Fixed lag when confirming scouting assignment

Fixed AI manager playing mentalities changing after one friendly

Fixed board league confidence levels dropping without due reason

Fixed new signing becoming unhappy at lack of first team football during pre-season

Fixed managers in Brazil having excessive news subscriptions

Fixed removal of a single division removing the whole nation

MATCH

Fixed player described as “persistently fouling” after first foul

Improved player reactions to ball in general

More fixes to general keeper issues

Small tweak to pressing speed

Small tweak to range of D-line depth

Small reduction in boring passes by limited players

Defenders now drop back at goal kicks when instructed to collect from keeper

Fixed keeper fumbling ball on own line for no reason

Fixed 2 other small keeper anomalies

GUI

Fixed width of newly added columns

Fixed GK names cutoff

Restored missing staff profile panels in minimum resolution

Fixed illegible text when using classic tactics

Fixed incorrect team title bar being displayed

Fixed FMC social networking buttons on news items

Fixed saving of player search window size

COMPS & RULEGROUPS

Fixed Norwegian sub rules

TRANSFERS & CONTRACTS

Fixed user losing national job when taking on new club role

Fixed availability of player trials

Fixed confidence levels for ‘Sign high profile players’ promise

Fixed confidence levels for ‘First team youngster signings’ promise

Fixed AI making huge offers for low valued players approaching contract expiry

Fixed user being unable to appoint international staff

Improved AI transfer fee negotiations for young players

Fixed yearly wage rise clause allowing significant drop in salary demands

Fixed some DoFs only selling players for minimum required amount

• Administrators

The new build includes, but is not limited to, the changes below:

GENERAL

Fixed crash on player search when 1000+ scout reports active

Fixed crash when viewing U20 squad with huge national pool

Fixed crash when loading/closing .pkms repeatedly

Fixed potential crash on tactics screen during match with GPU Rendering enabled

Fixed lag when confirming scouting assignment

Fixed AI manager playing mentalities changing after one friendly

Fixed board league confidence levels dropping without due reason

Fixed new signing becoming unhappy at lack of first team football during pre-season

Fixed managers in Brazil having excessive news subscriptions

Fixed removal of a single division removing the whole nation

MATCH

Fixed player described as “persistently fouling” after first foul

Improved player reactions to ball in general

More fixes to general keeper issues

Small tweak to pressing speed

Small tweak to range of D-line depth

Small reduction in boring passes by limited players

Defenders now drop back at goal kicks when instructed to collect from keeper

Fixed keeper fumbling ball on own line for no reason

Fixed 2 other small keeper anomalies