Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

On 12/11/2023 at 11:33, Freakiie said:

Sure some decent players went, but it's pretty obvious that the Saudi's couldn't just buy any player they wanted, because otherwise the transfers they are making in FM would've already happened this summer and a lot of clubs would've happily offloaded even more deadwood. In my save Bayern has become the Saudi's favorite store and I just can't imagine that happening. Yes, Mané went this summer, after massively falling out with the club and nobody else willing to pay his wages. But the likes of Kimmich, Goretzka, Coman or Kim all happily moving, while still being some of the best players in Europe, playing for one of the best clubs in Europe and having a salary to match that? Seems rather unlikely. At the same time the AI should also try harder to hold onto these players, especially someone like Kimmich is not someone you can straight up replace regardless of how much money you got.

Bayern just sold kimmich for 119m in one of my saves to a Saudi team at 29! I was annoyed because I was going to make an approach. I think his salary is around 3.5m per week. 

Bayern are yet to replace him.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have to rise some balancing comment. A year or some ago we cried here in forum why SI always leave ME so incomplete and now when ME is in quite good place we cry how everything else is leaking.. so I really do appreciate and I can see the effort from SI. Other thing is shots in FM24. Well we have cried how AI is so passive and now when they are trying to tune it to other direction there a bit shooting contest going on. I think this year SI really have done something different and have taken more fresh route. So hats off because of that! Too bad there's always so little time for a simple SI workers to get things right (perfect;). @Jack Joyce

14 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

I just have to rise some balancing comment. A year or some ago we cried here in forum why SI always leave ME so incomplete and now when ME is in quite good place we cry how everything else is leaking.. so I really do appreciate and I can see the effort from SI. Other thing is shots in FM24. Well we have cried how AI is so passive and now when they are trying to tune it to other direction there a bit shooting contest going on. I think this year SI really have done something different and have taken more fresh route. So hats off because of that! Too bad there's always so little time for a simple SI workers to get things right (perfect;). @Jack Joyce

2 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

people sharing stuff isn't always people "crying". 

Yes, some people are sharing their frustrations. Equally, there are some who are just pointing out stuff in the game that's also been there for years. This comment is exactly why I don't like or want to post stuff here because people get the wrong idea are start twisting your intentions. The ME is good. Can it be better? Absolutely. Should we just accept things as they are all the time? Absolutely not. We, as people, can't push SI if we aren't posting things.

Now. Me personally, I share my issues privately. I don't use the forums and yesterday was one of the few times I have. Some of the things I see here are things that have been occurring for years.

And Football Manager isn't just about the ME. I praise the game often - I recognize the hard work that goes into the other areas of the game, too. For example, I love the recruiting on FM but in player search, the chalkboard searching is bad. 2nd year in a row now I've said this and expressed myself in a positive way. I expressed how this improves the game rather than saying "your player search is really bad". I was constructive. Player Search > Chalkboard has been an issue for me on FM22, FM23, and now FM24. I logged it in during FM23 and it was being looked at. I logged it during FM24 and being told the same thing.

So not everyone is coming here to just bash the game. Many of the stuff people are saying is constructive.

Id say some of the stuff is constructive, and really constructive at that point. There is also a fair amount of overkill and repeating the same points even though its already been noted. And it does start to drown out anyone else trying to leave their points. Thread starts to get a bit dominated by the same people saying the same thing a bit. 

5 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I don't see anything wrong with this tbh

3 minutes ago, StephenG said:

it's happening way too often. woodworks, xg, corners, conversion rate of the AI, the usual.

The conversion rate of the AI isnt different to that of the user. If you had ended up on the winning side of the result, would you be save a scumming?

It's very interesting that those who play with back wingers try to play simply with them defensively, and then another season with them attacking, the attackers are clearly favored, it doesn't matter if the back winger It has more defensive or attacking characteristics. back wingers with attacking functions have much higher averages. In reversed roles I don't feel this so much but clearly, attacking is the meta.

Edited by lightworker

1 hour ago, Johnny Ace said:

You can, go to your set pieces and attacking corners

Corner1.png.d46c21f630cf2af6517c09c526eae411.png

Click corner taker and there you go

Corner2.png.21609e9e47a62cd140bb83382e39993c.png

I wanted to set a right footed to take an "inswinging" short corner from the "wrong" side. Wouldn't let me. It's fine I've just set it to an outswinger even though it's going short.

36 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

people sharing stuff isn't always people "crying". 

Yes, some people are sharing their frustrations. Equally, there are some who are just pointing out stuff in the game that's also been there for years. This comment is exactly why I don't like or want to post stuff here because people get the wrong idea are start twisting your intentions. The ME is good. Can it be better? Absolutely. Should we just accept things as they are all the time? Absolutely not. We, as people, can't push SI if we aren't posting things.

Now. Me personally, I share my issues privately. I don't use the forums and yesterday was one of the few times I have. Some of the things I see here are things that have been occurring for years.

And Football Manager isn't just about the ME. I praise the game often - I recognize the hard work that goes into the other areas of the game, too. For example, I love the recruiting on FM but in player search, the chalkboard searching is bad. 2nd year in a row now I've said this and expressed myself in a positive way. I expressed how this improves the game rather than saying "your player search is really bad". I was constructive. Player Search > Chalkboard has been an issue for me on FM22, FM23, and now FM24. I logged it in during FM23 and it was being looked at. I logged it during FM24 and being told the same thing.

So not everyone is coming here to just bash the game. Many of the stuff people are saying is constructive.

we have to give feedback to improve this game but at the same time I feel If SI listen to some people here the game can only get worse.. There seems to be a section of people who seem to imagine football as a fantasy where everything you try to implement works absolutely how you planned out....set out your new wingers with zero tactical familiarity and absolutely zero training focus on pressing or defending from the front and with 11 in pace, workrate, determination and teamwork to press aggresively and expect him to push up ala Robbo vs man city!! again pressing is very variable even on a high press city revert to a mid even low block in some match scenarios or if it gets bypassed that's how you stay compact...

17 minutes ago, jlboybeamer said:

Football Manager 2024 feedback using latest patch 24.1.1 on PC playing as Arsenal

I am 2 seasons into the game with the latest update. 

Another year of FM and another year of letdowns. I would like to start off with the good things that has been done and improved. This is the first time that I had not paid for this game in full after the letdown of Football Manager 2023. I am glad I have not paid in full for this game at the current state it is in. Xbox game pass is a god send. 

The Good 

1. Amazing processing speeds compared to previous editions - Even though I have 25+ nations and leagues loaded I must say that I have been very impressed at the improved loading and processing of matches in comparison to previous editions so well done on that end! Saves time and allows me to play more (When the issues do get fixed)! 

2. Match Engine Improvements/Animations/Variety/Ball Physics - I do love the improved match engine and it is by far the best in the series in my opinion terms of lighting, animations and variety of goals. I love how the players use their hands to point or call for the ball or the way they tilt their heads in the direction their looking to run to, little things like this makes a big difference in terms of watchability.  The improvement on ball physics is also top notch as it brings more of uncertainty to each match as it should, just like in real life a deflection, the ball bouncing unexpectedly and or a poor first touch could cost your team a goal. The improved player positioning has also allowed for our tactics to be better displayed by the match engine (Although not perfect).  Thank you for this improvement and I hope these things are implemented as well or even better in next year's edition.  

The Bad 

Match Engine 

1. Too many goals - it seems like a lot of players have good finishing when their attributes say otherwise.  Most matches have been goal fest specially at home games.  For example, in 15 matches - there have been 6 games with over 5 goals and only 4 games with under 1 goal scored. In real life in the English premier league there is only 1 team above 15% conversion rate so far in the season, while in my game there are 5 teams with 15% or more conversion rate and the top team has a whopping 20% conversion rate compared to 16.3% in real life. So, I hope further tweaks are made in the upcoming updates regarding this as there has been no mentions of this in the upcoming updates.

2. No hand balls - this is a big part of matches in real life and has caused many controversies as there have been many instances already in the season where penalties have been given due to hand balls and yet in my two seasons so far in FM not a single hand ball penalty has been given. I can't remember when this was taken out but it still not in this year's version. 

3. Very little direct free kick goals - just like last year there seems to be a big nerf in terms of direct free kick goals. In real life last season there was 19 direct free kick goals in the English premier league in my last 2 seasons the entire league finished with less than 10 in both seasons. Please adjust this in the upcoming updates too. Make James Ward Prowse great again etc. 

4. Corner instructions not being followed - I would say 2 out of 10 times in the past 2 seasons in game my corner taker decides its best to play the ball short instead of the near post as instructed in the set piece creator. What is the point of telling them where to aim if they do not follow the instructions. Not sure if this is a known bug but to me that seems like a bug.  I only have one type of set piece corner and the same instruction for both sides.

5. More defender last ditch tackles and variety in goalkeeping dives/saves - not sure if you will be able to add these but what seems to be lacking in the match engine is last ditch tackles by defenders either to make a goal saving block or a failed attempt at blocking the goal would add much more realism to this game as they don't really do that at the moment as most are standing blocks or they just got out in the way of the shot and wasn't actually trying to block it. The goalkeepers need to jump more instead of just hopelessly diving on the ground for the sake of it and most of the time looks like a late dive to attempt to make a save.  Punches to the ball would be nice too and some shouting/ angrily pointing at the defenders who mess up. 

6. Too many goals from throw ins both for the player and against the player - this needs balancing as a fair number of goals seem to come from throw ins or start there at the very least. I can already tell that 80% of the time it will be a goal if a highlight is a throw in near to goal. The defenders need to be better position and more aggressive at trying to win the ball back. The goals from throw ins are quality though so please do your best to adjust accordingly. 

Squad and A.I Interaction

1. The A.I still don't rotate or make timely substitutions - Most of the A.I managers seem to have a habit of only making a substitution during the 75th-80th minutes of the games even though their players are extremely tired already and they seem to be making subs based on time rather than player conditions.  I admit some managers in real life do stupid subs like Arteta for example but a vast majority of managers do make subs and some quite early on 60th minutes depending on player's performance someone playing poorly, match outcome ( resting players if they are 3-0 up etc)  and not just their physical conditions.

The A.I also seem to repeatedly use the same 11 most of the time disregarding player conditions again which often leads to teams being fatigued by February/March. I'm afraid that the younger players won't get enough playing time just like in FM23 for them to develop sufficiently I am yet to get to that point in my save and will give further feed back when I am there !

2. Playing time/squad happiness - still the same and a bit worse than FM 23, can't seem to keep a big squad happy players throwing tantrums when they are only played 90% of the time due to rest/rotation. Which is welcomed by players in real life. I will understand it if you played Saka only 70% of matches and he starts to become pissed off but it boggles me how this playing time issue is still alive in FM 24. You will only be able to handle the players happiness properly if your man to man management and level of discipline is above 15 in your manager attributes. Otherwise prepare for hell when one of your player complains about playing time etc and the low morale spreads like covid19 among the squad, which just doesn't work that way in real life. Very rarely do you get a player unless a superstar cry to the media about game time , most of the time it is kept indoors if there are anyone who complains. Also if there are issues in the squad or a player gets unhappy/untreated fairly there is absolutely no reason for them to be unhappy still going into the new season unless its got something to do with contracts and even then the whole squad shouldn't revolt because of it specially if youre winning as a team when the issue occured. They act worse than people who have broken up with their partners and have been in depression for months.  This needs fixing as this has been a long standing issue already and you can't really promote FM 24 as the most polished game yet if you're unable to fix this.

Set Piece Creator 

1. Why is it so hard to swap players - why isn't there a click and drag function? Why is it so much harder to swap players around ? Do you guys actually play your game ? This seems like something that would have been caught right away. It seems dumb that you can't override the hierachy system so you're able to swap players much more seamlessly. Or maybe im dumb but please enlighten me on how to do it easily?

2. No option to ask goalkeeper to go up for corner but the A.I  teams can - why is there an option for us to do this , the A.I teams seems to be able to do it against us , a few times when an opposite goalkeeper nearly scored an equalizer against me on a corner. Again enlighten me on how to do this if there is such function.

Player Ratings  

1. IWB/IFB (S) - Low match ratings - my team averages 7+ rating across the board except for zinchenko who's on 6.5-6.7 most games and below when playing this role who I play as an IWB/IFB , in last year's edition it was like this too hence why I never played with those roles. Could someone clarify why this is? 

I was really looking forward to this year's edition upon promises made by Miles Jacobson but again the ball has been dropped.  As out of all the features only the match engine feature and the new set piece creator which somewhat fulfilled some of its promise, and the rest of the features not so much. The A.I is just as bad and worse in some areas , the A.I squad building seems to be the same as last years as well. The game has potential still and I'm hoping the issues will be ironed out as soon as possible with the upcoming updates. 

I do hope the feedback we do give are heard as I believe most of the posters here do care about the continued success of the game. 

Agree with most of this. I find the set piece creator especially tiresome. It's highly unrealistic as well.

Screenshot(3918).png.b70af54c9fa07e5fd250dd79d1917937.png

this is my pressing strategy against brentford on this day, idea was to force ball to wide players and trigger the press, this is exactly how I plannedit to work but again i dedicate 'defending on the front' on my training sessions almost weekly..Screenshot(3919).png.67d5ff96d1abd0f4d1acd3f113eddafd.png

ball goes out My outside CM backs up the press and boom 

Screenshot(3928).png.23fed7a2ac7cb72402d8f5a9b0166240.png

they have absolutely nowhere, nowhere to go and again notice how my fullback is not aggresive because he was up against a faster player in kevin schade So I set him on trigger press. low to manage the distance on the turnScreenshot(3927).png.437ed3ba4a6ec81cfa5a049cc97da9c8.png

ball's ours nowScreenshot(3927).png.437ed3ba4a6ec81cfa5a049cc97da9c8.png

Again I'm not implying the ME is perfect I believe it is really good but some aspects could be improved and just like in real life you can learn and adjust your teams or players behaviors better to maximize your chances... Don't be the simulation frank lampard. For my case I can never ever  use madueke when we have to be tight against the more dangerous fullbacks or when I decide to go man to man. He doesn't give a **** about pressing 

Edited by Davienene

For someone who hasn't read much of this thread, can someone honestly say if there are any game breaking bugs at the moment? I'm finally ready to start my journey with FM 24 but I'm not sure if it is worth to start now.

Gave Martial 1 for work rate, stamina, teamwork.

Gave Rashford 20 for work rate, stamina, teamwork.

Default 4-2-4 gegenpress with both players set as pressing forward (attack).

image.png.856c1371dd3ff757c1fb87914bbf95ff.png

700 metre difference for a total of 57 stat points. The obvious conclusion (which every has already come to anyway) is that you don't suffer many serious consequences for putting a totally unsuitable player in a high pressing tactic. 

Reloaded, same players, same focus. 4-4-2 park the bus. Rashford (hard worker) set as trequartista, Martial (lazy) set as pressing forward (attack).

image.png.c8e129aab820e0f72ea33e6cfd43200d.png

2.2km difference. 

I guess the conclusion based on a 2 match test is that stats matter a little, but system matters a lot.

Edited by whatsupdoc

Screenshot(3922).png.ccfd80d7e268ca8819e22988c313a540.png

Again take a look. I went Man to man on the front and essentialy gave up tracking their attacking mid with my mids simply bcos I don't believe the Cbs  are  good enough to break the lines past the midfield overload. Now you can see the players I trigger pressed and those marked. Ben mee is not the best passer awas the target to play the hard pass to the player overloaded in the middle plus he's also asking for the pass. That was the plan and fair to say I can se it...This ME is quite good not perfect but good. If they can sort out players freezing in second phase after throw ins and goalkeeper animations I will be really happy

Edited by Davienene

16 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

For someone who hasn't read much of this thread, can someone honestly say if there are any game breaking bugs at the moment? I'm finally ready to start my journey with FM 24 but I'm not sure if it is worth to start now.

Be prepared for the full spectrum of replies

players getting upset because of unkept promises.

players signs and wants better cover for defence and yet you have 6 players for central def and 6 wing backs.

and also that's not really realistic I used to work for an insurance company that insures footballers and I always talked about fm with them and this is one of the things si have fabricated in the game. a player just doesn't join a club and demand you sign a player within a month of signing. this bit ruins the game as you cant do much about it  !!

6 minutes ago, Shrewnaldo said:

Can I just check that the bug where too many goals are being scored within the human player's league is known and recognised? I don't want to raise a bug report for something that's already been acknowledged and done to death

It's still the same, hockey results.And to be fair, that is not a bug, that is the way FM24 plays. I don't see that much bugs in FM24 at all. But if we are talking about realism...oh boy, this game is all over the place.

1 hour ago, gggfunk said:

Is there anything that will literally render a save unplayable currently? No.

Are there issues that some consider so immersion ruining that for them it's "game breaking"? Yes, but that depends on who you ask.

So, honestly, just start a save and see how the current iteration works for you.

2 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Is there anything that will literally render a save unplayable currently? No.

Are there issues that some consider so immersion ruining that for them it's "game breaking"? Yes, but that depends on who you ask.

So, honestly, just start a save and see how the current iteration works for you.

Agree with this. The goals bug (and I believe it's a bug) is immersion-breaking for me, rather than game-breaking. It's clear that most won't find this prevents them playing and enjoying the game. Each to their own.

Reading the threads on the forums I see that all the big issues have been reported many many times already and even in a very extensive manner, so I trust SI they’re working hard on fixes. 
The one thing that goes a bit beyond me is that how nobody within the SI team (assumption), after all their “extensive testing” even before releasing the Beta, came to the conclusion that the ME and other aspects of the game came out so bugged right now 🤷🏻‍♂️

The general flow I’m getting here, and correct me if i’m wrong, is that attacking plays seems to work well, because the defensive plays just don’t work as they’re supposed to, or just don’t work at all. And this is actually something I highly agree with myself based on what I see in game. I saw RDF explaining this beautifully in multiple posts.

But who else in here is now waiting on some kind of communication/info on when the “coming soon” actually is, or is estimated? 😋

Edited by Kevinho7

3 minutes ago, Kevinho7 said:

Reading the threads on the forums I see that all the big issues have been reported many many times already and even in a very extensive manner, so I trust SI they’re working hard on fixes. 

But who else in here is now waiting on some kind of communication/info on when the “coming soon” actually is, or is estimated? 😋

Yeah some comms would be nice considering how many people are taking the time out of their days to give pretty in depth and comprehensive feedback in this thread on how the game can be improved/fixed.

Edited by Slates84

I love a relegation battle as much as a promotion/championship winning season.  However i'm finding at the moment i can take a plug and play formation (gegenpress) and get promoted with any team with no major tweaks.  It's frustrating as i want the game to be challenging.  High scoring is also a frustration at the moment.

I do have faith SI will fix it, just frustrating to hold fire on a good long-term save until the update comes out.

2 hours ago, jlboybeamer said:

Football Manager 2024 feedback using latest patch 24.1.1 on PC playing as Arsenal

I am 2 seasons into the game with the latest update. 

Another year of FM and another year of letdowns. I would like to start off with the good things that has been done and improved. This is the first time that I had not paid for this game in full after the letdown of Football Manager 2023. I am glad I have not paid in full for this game at the current state it is in. Xbox game pass is a god send. 

The Good 

1. Amazing processing speeds compared to previous editions - Even though I have 25+ nations and leagues loaded I must say that I have been very impressed at the improved loading and processing of matches in comparison to previous editions so well done on that end! Saves time and allows me to play more (When the issues do get fixed)! 

2. Match Engine Improvements/Animations/Variety/Ball Physics - I do love the improved match engine and it is by far the best in the series in my opinion terms of lighting, animations and variety of goals. I love how the players use their hands to point or call for the ball or the way they tilt their heads in the direction their looking to run to, little things like this makes a big difference in terms of watchability.  The improvement on ball physics is also top notch as it brings more of uncertainty to each match as it should, just like in real life a deflection, the ball bouncing unexpectedly and or a poor first touch could cost your team a goal. The improved player positioning has also allowed for our tactics to be better displayed by the match engine (Although not perfect).  Thank you for this improvement and I hope these things are implemented as well or even better in next year's edition.  

The Bad 

Match Engine 

1. Too many goals - it seems like a lot of players have good finishing when their attributes say otherwise.  Most matches have been goal fest specially at home games.  For example, in 15 matches - there have been 6 games with over 5 goals and only 4 games with under 1 goal scored. In real life in the English premier league there is only 1 team above 15% conversion rate so far in the season, while in my game there are 5 teams with 15% or more conversion rate and the top team has a whopping 20% conversion rate compared to 16.3% in real life. So, I hope further tweaks are made in the upcoming updates regarding this as there has been no mentions of this in the upcoming updates.

2. No hand balls - this is a big part of matches in real life and has caused many controversies as there have been many instances already in the season where penalties have been given due to hand balls and yet in my two seasons so far in FM not a single hand ball penalty has been given. I can't remember when this was taken out but it still not in this year's version. 

3. Very little direct free kick goals - just like last year there seems to be a big nerf in terms of direct free kick goals. In real life last season there was 19 direct free kick goals in the English premier league in my last 2 seasons the entire league finished with less than 10 in both seasons. Please adjust this in the upcoming updates too. Make James Ward Prowse great again etc. 

4. Corner instructions not being followed - I would say 2 out of 10 times in the past 2 seasons in game my corner taker decides its best to play the ball short instead of the near post as instructed in the set piece creator. What is the point of telling them where to aim if they do not follow the instructions. Not sure if this is a known bug but to me that seems like a bug.  I only have one type of set piece corner and the same instruction for both sides.

5. More defender last ditch tackles and variety in goalkeeping dives/saves - not sure if you will be able to add these but what seems to be lacking in the match engine is last ditch tackles by defenders either to make a goal saving block or a failed attempt at blocking the goal would add much more realism to this game as they don't really do that at the moment as most are standing blocks or they just got out in the way of the shot and wasn't actually trying to block it. The goalkeepers need to jump more instead of just hopelessly diving on the ground for the sake of it and most of the time looks like a late dive to attempt to make a save.  Punches to the ball would be nice too and some shouting/ angrily pointing at the defenders who mess up. 

6. Too many goals from throw ins both for the player and against the player - this needs balancing as a fair number of goals seem to come from throw ins or start there at the very least. I can already tell that 80% of the time it will be a goal if a highlight is a throw in near to goal. The defenders need to be better position and more aggressive at trying to win the ball back. The goals from throw ins are quality though so please do your best to adjust accordingly. 

Squad and A.I Interaction

1. The A.I still don't rotate or make timely substitutions - Most of the A.I managers seem to have a habit of only making a substitution during the 75th-80th minutes of the games even though their players are extremely tired already and they seem to be making subs based on time rather than player conditions.  I admit some managers in real life do stupid subs like Arteta for example but a vast majority of managers do make subs and some quite early on 60th minutes depending on player's performance someone playing poorly, match outcome ( resting players if they are 3-0 up etc)  and not just their physical conditions.

The A.I also seem to repeatedly use the same 11 most of the time disregarding player conditions again which often leads to teams being fatigued by February/March. I'm afraid that the younger players won't get enough playing time just like in FM23 for them to develop sufficiently I am yet to get to that point in my save and will give further feed back when I am there !

2. Playing time/squad happiness - still the same and a bit worse than FM 23, can't seem to keep a big squad happy players throwing tantrums when they are only played 90% of the time due to rest/rotation. Which is welcomed by players in real life. I will understand it if you played Saka only 70% of matches and he starts to become pissed off but it boggles me how this playing time issue is still alive in FM 24. You will only be able to handle the players happiness properly if your man to man management and level of discipline is above 15 in your manager attributes. Otherwise prepare for hell when one of your player complains about playing time etc and the low morale spreads like covid19 among the squad, which just doesn't work that way in real life. Very rarely do you get a player unless a superstar cry to the media about game time , most of the time it is kept indoors if there are anyone who complains. Also if there are issues in the squad or a player gets unhappy/untreated fairly there is absolutely no reason for them to be unhappy still going into the new season unless its got something to do with contracts and even then the whole squad shouldn't revolt because of it specially if youre winning as a team when the issue occured. They act worse than people who have broken up with their partners and have been in depression for months.  This needs fixing as this has been a long standing issue already and you can't really promote FM 24 as the most polished game yet if you're unable to fix this.

Set Piece Creator 

1. Why is it so hard to swap players - why isn't there a click and drag function? Why is it so much harder to swap players around ? Do you guys actually play your game ? This seems like something that would have been caught right away. It seems dumb that you can't override the hierachy system so you're able to swap players much more seamlessly. Or maybe im dumb but please enlighten me on how to do it easily?

2. No option to ask goalkeeper to go up for corner but the A.I  teams can - why is there not an option for us to do this , the A.I teams seems to be able to do it against us , a few times when an opposite goalkeeper nearly scored an equalizer against me on a corner. Again enlighten me on how to do this if there is such function.

Player Ratings  

1. IWB/IFB (S) - Low match ratings - my team averages 7+ rating across the board except for zinchenko who's on 6.5-6.7 most games and below when playing this role who I play as an IWB/IFB , in last year's edition it was like this too hence why I never played with those roles. Could someone clarify why this is? 

I was really looking forward to this year's edition upon promises made by Miles Jacobson but again the ball has been dropped.  As out of all the features only the match engine feature and the new set piece creator which somewhat fulfilled some of its promise, and the rest of the features not so much. The A.I is just as bad and worse in some areas , the A.I squad building seems to be the same as last years as well. The game has potential still and I'm hoping the issues will be ironed out as soon as possible with the upcoming updates. 

I do hope the feedback we do give are heard as I believe most of the posters here do care about the continued success of the game. 

I've had handballs given for and against me for penalties and have scored 6 direct free kick goals this season with ajax.

11 minutes ago, Nessaja Wolf said:

I love a relegation battle as much as a promotion/championship winning season.  However i'm finding at the moment i can take a plug and play formation (gegenpress) and get promoted with any team with no major tweaks.  It's frustrating as i want the game to be challenging.  High scoring is also a frustration at the moment.

I do have faith SI will fix it, just frustrating to hold fire on a good long-term save until the update comes out.

The OP pressing stuff sucks the fun out of it for me. I know it's an easy win regardless of my player's stats that would make them good or bad at pressing. 

1 hour ago, gggfunk said:

There are no game breakers but 2 issues have made me park it until it's patched: 

- OP pressing systems 

- playing time happiness issues.

19 minutes ago, Slates84 said:

Yeah some comms would be nice considering how many people are taking the time out of their days to give pretty in depth and comprehensive feedback in this thread on how the game can be improved/fixed.

They did. On Friday, and then on Monday when they released the update. Both are stickied. 

I have always noticed that in the second season the team starts to play better, the game becomes more fluid in technical matters and more events are reproduced on FM. I've already scored two free kicks from direct kicks, and my goalkeeper saved a penalty. But I agree that this could be improved by having more varied goals, whether from crosses into the area or direct free kicks. Free kicks are very important in today's football.

Regarding balls on the post, I've always criticized this, I believe that 4 balls on the post in a game is a lot, having 1 in every 3 games can be acceptable, maybe in one or two games having 2... it's more balanced.
One thing I'm noticing are expulsions in the first half, I don't know if this happens a lot in Europe, here in Brazil it actually happens, but I believe the game needs to manage this better so it doesn't lose its fun.

I hope the goalkeepers have more polished movements, I really like them in FM 2024 but in some moves they jump sideways to position the ball, the defense has an effect on the ball that doesn't match reality, this takes away some of the realism of the game.

The weather also makes me a little strange, I don't see snow, I see the game very bright at some times of the day which doesn't match the country's climate and I have the question of when the match starts, whether at the beginning and at half-time the light comes on. very strong and then it adjusts I think it's a bug just as the game starts without rain, the referee blows the whistle and it starts to rain hahaha

Does anyone know if we will actually have a patch this week?

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

They did. On Friday, and then on Monday when they released the update. Both are stickied. 

Yeah I know about that, but the coming soon about the update which hopefully will address the bigger concerns which are causing games to be unplayable for some

3 minutos atrás, whatsupdoc disse:

Não há interrupções no jogo, mas dois problemas me fizeram estacioná-lo até que fosse corrigido: 

- Sistemas de prensagem OP 

- questões de felicidade no tempo de jogo.

The interactions at the beginning of the game and at halftime are really a bug, they will fix it.
Our instructions are not doing any good.

Now for me the biggest problem in this game is the lack of substitutions and Japan being completely poorly edited with no players, absurd!

3 minutes ago, Slates84 said:

Yeah I know about that, but the coming soon about the update which hopefully will address the bigger concerns which are causing games to be unplayable for some

Its been 48 hours and they are working on an update thats going to be more major than the first one, the coming soon still stands. 

26 minutes ago, Kevinho7 said:

The one thing that goes a bit beyond me is that how nobody within the SI team (assumption), after all their “extensive testing” even before releasing the Beta, came to the conclusion that the ME and other aspects of the game came out so bugged right now 🤷🏻‍♂️

The general flow I’m getting here, and correct me if i’m wrong, is that attacking plays seems to work well, because the defensive plays just don’t work as they’re supposed to, or just don’t work at all. And this is actually something I highly agree with myself based on what I see in game. I saw RDF explaining this beautifully in multiple posts.

Reality of the matter is that a lot of these issues are nowhere near as universal as a handful of people posting them over and over in this thread would have you believe. I'm not saying that there are no issues, as some of the numbers posted here are definitely off, but at the same time I've also posted my own numbers a couple of times and they looked nowhere near as crazy as what some other users are experiencing. It isn't simply a case of "attackers are too good, end of story.", it's certain circumstances under which attackers seem to be too good and SI will need time to hash out exactly what is going on and where things really start to deviate from their own numbers, because if you simply simulate top leagues in Full Detail most of these crazy numbers simply aren't there over the course of a whole season.

The shots at goal are just too powerful in my opinion. Like you cant follow them they are that quick. I am loving the new ME but this is a problem for me.

I am in Columbia, I have a left back with a shooting rating of 6...........he hits the ball like a rocket :)

39 minutes ago, Leon_fogo said:

The interactions at the beginning of the game and at halftime are really a bug, they will fix it.
Our instructions are not doing any good.

Now for me the biggest problem in this game is the lack of substitutions and Japan being completely poorly edited with no players, absurd!

What exactly is the issue about these interactions?

1 hour ago, Kevinho7 said:

But the attacking/defensive balance issue has basically been an issue for 5+ years. You attack, you will win a lot of games, even if your team isn't that good. If they can't see it by now no amount of bug reports will change that. 

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah its great not being able to build a super team easily really. Evan Ferguson and Diogo Costa my main targets for CF and GK. It took him 2 goes to get Ferguson, and then we lost out on Costa to Chelsea as the DOF wouldnt match the wages Chelsea offered. Hes missed out on Raya and Sanchez too, but is trying again.

I set playing time instructions as i think thats realistic? Can imagine a manager telling the club that when asking them to approach a target.

You are right. This could also add to the difficulty. For instance, if you designate a player as a squad player, but he desires to be a regular starter, the negotiation may fail.

Back in FM 2019, I think, the game where every game would have 2 or 3 rockets scored from outside the area. There'd be a bug report and the response would be "We need examples of this" and I just kept thinking... "It's happening in every game, how is this not already known". 

2 hours ago, gggfunk said:

It really depends on your play style. If you are looking for realism then it is probably best to wait for patches like myself to start your proper save. 

22 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

So though we set these instructions, I don't think it's the case of players just running around like headless chickens

This has been the case since they added pressing triggers. Your players no longer run around all over the pitch but they wait for certain before they engage like bad touch, player receiving the ball on his weaker foot etc. 

The change is good because it reflects more with how it is done irl but on the flip side it's very frustrating to play against a back 3 and se them pass the ball around and your players just looking at them