Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

1 minute ago, diLLa88 said:

I checked and I believe that it is due to the fact that my bank balance is pretty high as I hardly buy any players and sell quite a lot. On the other hand Man City does buy a lot and has a lower amount on the bank.

It does however not take into consideration the amount invested in past years, yearly income and expenses and the total worth of the complete squad.

In a vaccume only looking at the bank balance the text string is right, but it does not make sense at all if you look at the overall financial picture which goes far beyond just looking at cash balance.

Personally, if I were going to link that headline to one single financial factor it'd be total wage spend.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because if you dont go that way its pointless, as sitting deep amd trying try hit on the break just doesnt exist in this game. You can be in the 4th tier and still have opponents threading balls through your defence multiple times a game.

Theres no middle ground this year.

I can purposely hinder myself, and do so on long term saves rather than just muck around saves, but its really hard to try and actively fail at as much things as possible so its not a cakewalk. Having to actively not play a style of play because you know youll succeed is ridiculous.

I see.  Well it sounds like an interesting challenge to try and succeed without using a gegenpress.  I'll be giving it a try until the next patch comes.  Did you feel the same way about FM23?  I certainly at times found that too hard and I was the too rated download tactics I could find.

Are you still playing FM24? Are you getting any enjoyment out of it?

1 minute ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Personally, if I were going to link that headline to one single financial factor it'd be total wage spend.

Yeah same. Just checked for that and found out that their top 3 earners combined earn more than my entire club :rolleyes:.

I'm seeing a lot of goals from corners, free kicks. Both for and against. Number from first phase possibly okay but then also from second phase where players seem to switch off after the initial ball is cleared. Have manually changed suggested set pieces to have players on edge of area but doesn't seem like they actually follow the instruction.

Other issue I've noticed is only a couple of times seen anything resembling decent counter attacking hold up play. The side who had the set piece usually gets the ball back, the players don't push up quickly enough, the player runs in to long shot or to cross to someone edge of the area unchallenged with the ball usually pinging in off one of the defenders still sitting way too deep.

3 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

It's not just this. Put a guy with 1 work rate as a trequartista, next to a guy with 20 work rate as a pressing forward and the difference in distance covered will be a couple of hundred metres. 

Repeat this for almost everything in the game. 

It will be interesting if someone can test if the individual attributes really make significant difference in performance like the work rate you mention or the difference in shots on goal between a striker with 20 finishing and 1 finishing.

I do notice the lack of tackling this year. Defenders just wander around doing nothing, not marking or anything.

26 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

This. I wonder what's made it so much easier compared to other editions.

Is it the AI being limited to the tactics it can use? Is it poor AI squad selection/management? Is the tactics the AI has at it's selection ''bugged''? (e.g the 4-4-2 positioning that has been reported) Is it the AI using odd roles for their players in tactics (I saw a 4-4-2 with a Mezzela as one of the two CM's)? Is morale too important (e.g back to back to back promotions)?

This is something I've been thinking about lately. I never seen anyone do a deep dive on this.

I probably should stop rather than littering here with screenshots. But more so to show the point. Same game as the last screenshot, just less than 20mins. We've now decided to camp. All but our striker (who's not even engaging) is in our own half. The 3 players on the far side for Sassuolo had another moment of just knocking it about amongst each other while we sat in a deeper block. Our wingers are nowhere near their full backs but in a high press, we could be looking to close of those passes to the full back. 

image.thumb.png.a84530417b78a7761e498e360a040d81.png

Been saying this from the BETA that some of the AI's 4-4-2's is insanity. Leaving absolutely nobody in midfield which is basically a 4-0-6. Probably the roles they use for the midfield duo are too attacking, that's why i am ASKING SI to revert the formation to 4-4-2 DM.

So the AI can actually defend in that formation

5 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

I probably should stop rather than littering here with screenshots. But more so to show the point. Same game as the last screenshot, just less than 20mins. We've now decided to camp. All but our striker (who's not even engaging) is in our own half. The 3 players on the far side for Sassuolo had another moment of just knocking it about amongst each other while we sat in a deeper block. Our wingers are nowhere near their full backs but in a high press, we could be looking to close of those passes to the full back. 

This is all wrong, The 2 DM's are way too low on the defensive line. And the AM should engage the player on the ball.

Frankly the striker should also be more involved , no matter the role he should not just hang there like the ball is out of play...

Just now, andu1 said:

This is all wrong, The 2 DM's are way too low on the defensive line. And the AM should engage the player on the ball.

Frankly the striker should also be more involved , no matter the role he should not just hang there like the ball is out of play...

Our DM should be cutting off the pass to the ST rather standing behind the ST haha but defensive IQ is another conversation.

This was actually more so for those who feel bad or guilty for having to use these "OP" instructions. I just wanted to show that actually, that's not happening all the time and actually, the AI aren't defending too differently as we can see with the stats. I just think using these "OP" instructions helps you be a little more proactive off the ball rather than a prime LFC press for 90mins

36 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

And you get many instances like this like I mentioned before. In this screenshot, I'm Arsenal (in yellow). High press and high line. We are all in our own-half.

Its a freekick and GK is taking a long kick?

2 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Exactly. If everyone just moves up by ''one'' (e.g the DMs pass on the striker to the CBs, AMC/SC onto the ball carrier) in that screenshot,  it's much more in line with what the press should be.

The issue other issue is using the MC strata leaves the space in the DM slot massively exposed.

Had some hours of planned internet downtime due to infrastructure replacements etc.

What else to do offline these days, but play FM?

Apparently not.

Untitled.png.3cae904d32d00b626423e361f18be186.png

This infuriated me so much I would've refunded the game if I still could.

First launch? I've got 50h on the record already.

FM is fully mainstream these days, I guess.

• SI Staff
20 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

Our DM should be cutting off the pass to the ST rather standing behind the ST haha but defensive IQ is another conversation.

This was actually more so for those who feel bad or guilty for having to use these "OP" instructions. I just wanted to show that actually, that's not happening all the time and actually, the AI aren't defending too differently as we can see with the stats. I just think using these "OP" instructions helps you be a little more proactive off the ball rather than a prime LFC press for 90mins

Defending is very... involved :D There's a lot of factors, and even when doing a high press, you're right in that there's situations where the team is forced to revert into a mid/low block based on the situation, short-term condition of the players etc.

Looking at your posts there's various different things going on - set pieces are very isolated and separate to any open-play issues, so cases where your team is too deep against an AI goal-kick are isolated issues that can be reported specifically for those situations alone. But I assume its because the opposition is taking a long kick, so your team isn't anticipating the play going short.

Other things - such as the DM looking to get goal-side of the striker when they should be screening - again specific issues that can be reported as its own thread. Or strikers not tracking back well enough with the team.

35 minutes ago, priority76 said:

I see.  Well it sounds like an interesting challenge to try and succeed without using a gegenpress.  I'll be giving it a try until the next patch comes.  Did you feel the same way about FM23?  I certainly at times found that too hard and I was the too rated download tactics I could find.

Are you still playing FM24? Are you getting any enjoyment out of it?

I think FM23 suffered from gegenpress style making things too easy, and defensive play being hard to make work, but this years feels too extreme. It was possible to fail with gegenpress, and succeed with low block tactics, on FM23 for me. This season it seems impossible to do either.

Im not really enjoying it because i dont know what to do. Ive been trying to set up tactics without high pressing but its a bit **** trying to create a tactic designed to fail.

32 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

It would be nice to see how this situation developed. I'm guessing its the all too familiar players get "stuck" marking attacking team players a second or two too long. Anyway If I would see my team defend like this I would get a heartattack. Just still wondering how this situation developed into this.

Im really surprised someone like RDF isn’t even involved in alpha testing? (Unless he is and I don’t know). This is a guy that goes deep into tactics! If he isn’t… then why SI? There are a lot of streamers who play and explain the game really well. And without them, a lot of players would never understand how FM translates players and styles in tactics. 

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

This. I wonder what's made it so much easier compared to other editions.

Is it the AI being limited to the tactics it can use? Is it poor AI squad selection/management? Is the tactics the AI has at it's selection ''bugged''? (e.g the 4-4-2 positioning that has been reported) Is it the AI using odd roles for their players in tactics (I saw a 4-4-2 with a Mezzela as one of the two CM's)? Is morale too important (e.g back to back to back promotions)?

The more tactical options the human player has at its disposal it just increases the advantage we have over the AI.

I for example know I want to play a mid-block counter attacking system that transforms into a 2-3-5 system in attack.

Previously this wasn't always possible but this year with the new roles and movement I can create this system from basically any starting shape.

This is a huge advantage over the AI who essentially seems to just be locked into 1 or 2 basic tactical shapes and instructions.

I can further increase my advantage by using individual role instructions for example asking my Inverted wingers to sit narrower to create space for a complete wingback.

I don't think the AI can do this and if they can I can't say I've ever noticed it doing it.

I can also use custom tactical instructions.

Again I don't know if the AI can play a mid-block with a standard line of defence that presses aggressively but doesn't counter press like I like my team's to do.

Because I want to create space to counter into and don't want to counter press as I don't want to leave myself vulnerable in the transition.

Throw in the fact in the game I'm just playing now the AI started with its entire midfield with half full hearts for condition plus one of its strikers and it's wingback with the lightest shade of orange and a centre-back with not quite full green.

That's 6 players who aren't fit starting a game. 

Whereas I a person with a modicum of intelligence used my squad and rotated so everyone is fit and yes we are absolutely murdering them as a result.

That and in the olden days the tactical instructions were incredibly abstract notches on a sliding scale.

1 notch to the left or right could and would destroy a tactic and no the game wasn't about to explain whym

These days if you have even a rudimentary grasp of football tactics you can setup a half decent tactic without too much effort and if you don't it has plug and play presets that work just fine with the right plays in them.

Throw in the fact the AI is incredibly passive and defensive in its tactical setups in a game that has always favoured attacking ones.

TLDR the more options we as humans have the easier the game gets IMO.

2 hours ago, vincenzo incendio said:

I have so many matches where it seems like I dominate possession, get like 20 shots, but only 8 on target and score 1-2 goals. Yet the opposition, while only getting 4-5 shots, puts 3-4 on target and scores 1-2 goals. This seems to happen a lot in matches I should be winning comfortably. I'm playing as Juventus in year 3, I have a pretty strong squad and most of the clubs I am playing I should be defeating comfortably at this point. Is this how it should be, or is the game just gaming me? 

I have exactly the same experience...I dominate possesion at around 70% make much more shots than them but almost at every highlight for the opponent is a sure goal for them...As most people in here mentioned there is a big problem with high conversion rates for every team even a small one which do not ever happen in real life and cannot understand where is the root of the problem....The game at this state is so random that no matter what your opponent will score at the first chance....At least in previous versions you could hold a 0 if you played for it....I am going to review all my games and check if the problem with so many goals is coming from bad defending after throw ins or set pieces

16 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

It would be nice to see how this situation developed. I'm guessing its the all too familiar players get "stuck" marking attacking team players a second or two too long. Anyway If I would see my team defend like this I would get a heartattack. Just still wondering how this situation developed into this.

He literally just ran through haha

2 hours ago, sugarbear0511 said:

yes, there's almost 0 strikers involvement in this years ME so far. Strikers rarely score from open play only from penalty, corner, free kick or rebound.

Well I massively disagree with this. It is one of the better things of this ME the variety of goals that strikers are scoring. 

5 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

He literally just ran through haha

the distances between cd's and Dm's are not looking so bad when looked in motion but what I meant was about 5-10 seconds before this dribble. :) Actually it looks surprisingly realistic 1 on 1 when player with the ball have had space to collect speed. 

vor einer Stunde schrieb RDF Tactics:

Yeah, exactly so I think, I don't know, that the balance in ME is off.

What I will say, In my experience, players with high work rate etc will generally perform better for you than low. Not with necessarily with distance covered but just with general output. Of course not always the case - I've had really high technical players and low work rate have a crazy seasons but in my experience, those with higher work rates will have a better overall output and sustain form longer.

Building a team around low work rate etc can be a bit detrimental. So there definitely is some effect but probably not when it comes to distances covered etc.

I also came to the same conclusion still in beta that balance is off based on pass completion ratio beeing way too high and everyone's way too close too each other in that stat. I fully share the feeling.

Edited by w3t

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think FM23 suffered from gegenpress style making things too easy, and defensive play being hard to make work, but this years feels too extreme. It was possible to fail with gegenpress, and succeed with low block tactics, on FM23 for me. This season it seems impossible to do either.

Im not really enjoying it because i dont know what to do. Ive been trying to set up tactics without high pressing but its a bit **** trying to create a tactic designed to fail.

Agree with FM23, where I think the last patch released of that game for me, was a more significant step forward. I was very excited to bring the positional play element with the expectancy what was being developed at the end of FM23, would have been further enhanced - being a greater tactical balance shown backend of FM23 with this addition of being able to play a more possession based game successfully.

Unfortunately, I've no idea what's gone on when producing this year's engine but it's taken a significant step backwards on the being a realistic managerial simulation front.

As quoted in a previous post, a user following testing with several different teams, came to the conclusion there is no point using other tactical styles apart from gegenpress, because there was no need at all to change something that was just constantly working.

I just fail to understand why they've chosen to go backwards when things were looking very promising to build from at the end of last year's game.

Edited by g1nh0

4 minutes ago, g1nh0 said:

Agree with FM23, where I think the last patch released of that game for me, was a more significant step forward. I was very excited to bring the positional play element with the expectancy what was being developed at the end of FM23, would have been further enhanced - being a greater tactical balance shown backend of FM23 with this addition of being able to play a more possession based game successfully.

Unfortunately, I've no idea what's gone when producing this year's engine but it's taken a significant step backwards on the being a realistic managerial simulation front.

As quoted in a previous post, a user following testing with several different teams, came to the conclusion there is no point using other tactical styles apart from gegenpress, because there was no need at all to change something that was just constantly working.

I just fail to understand why they've chosen to go backwards when things were looking very promising to build from at the end of last year's game.

For me, I wouldn't say the ME has gone backwards. Worst case is static but in my experience, it's slightly better.

Many of the highlights are the same, though. I know some of the que's like AI having a highlight right after I score, it's an instant reply goal and nothing else. They'll never miss. Or in FM24, playing a City or Liverpool, too many occasions they score and then score another goal 1min later. Many highlights are predictable.

Set-piece where you defend the original delivery but then NOBODY presses the player on the ball and allows him to run freely at goal. That's been happening and reported in previous editions. This year they've added new stuff but the old stuff is still a big part of the game.

The player movements and graphics have certainly improved. Most other things I've seen in previous FMs if I'm honest.

53 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Im really surprised someone like RDF isn’t even involved in alpha testing? (Unless he is and I don’t know). This is a guy that goes deep into tactics! If he isn’t… then why SI? There are a lot of streamers who play and explain the game really well. And without them, a lot of players would never understand how FM translates players and styles in tactics. 

50 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Probably one of the only streamers I've seen offer feedback on the forum. (But let's not go there :D).

Please do a thread in the bug section for some of the screenies if you can @RDF Tactics

There's no point worrying about who might be in alpha or not, as they can't reveal themselves anyway 

3 hours ago, vincenzo incendio said:

I have so many matches where it seems like I dominate possession, get like 20 shots, but only 8 on target and score 1-2 goals. Yet the opposition, while only getting 4-5 shots, puts 3-4 on target and scores 1-2 goals. This seems to happen a lot in matches I should be winning comfortably. I'm playing as Juventus in year 3, I have a pretty strong squad and most of the clubs I am playing I should be defeating comfortably at this point. Is this how it should be, or is the game just gaming me? 

THis is exactly Chelsea in real life😂😂😂😂

18 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

Screenshot2023-11-14174659.png.79f039ba1bf112f456e27be4af6ded77.pngScreenshot2023-11-14174737.png.71d04e3a53bba462235183d97c17f1ca.pngScreenshot2023-11-14174854.png.a34b7ab783f9e4d7bfb4bb83aff02898.pngScreenshot2023-11-14174913.png.06c2a84e9d71a144737d50d2b3d777b8.png

Like these games. Across different saves this happens multiple times a year where they'll score. And a highlight right after with them scoring again. Quick back-to-back goals. And you know instantly it happening once the highlight loads up right after they've scored (key highlights)

Crazy amount of goals are specific for FM24. And everything behind that, ofcourse.

2 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

I just wanted to share my two pence on the "only have to play Gegenpress" convo.

On that tactic creation screen, it's true imo. You are better off playing with the high lines, max pressing etc. But not at all times think that's fully translating to the ME. Many times my players aren't running around pressing like crazy - many highlights have started with my team nearly sitting at the halfway line while the AI takes a deep free-kick. If playing an AMC, he doesn't press/hassle the defenders as you'd expect constantly. The AI team knocking the ball about and my team not engaging is also something I see a lot. So though we set these instructions, I don't think it's the case of players just running around like headless chickens - my players stamina bar doesn't always represent that.

I'm currently playing as Bari. Just got promoted to Serie A and predicted to be relegated. For the first 10 games or so, I tried to approach it logically, using cautious mentalities and setup. We just kept losing in a manner it didn't feel like we were even competing for the ball. Painfully, the first 12 goals we conceded the highlight started from a set-piece. Once the AI had the highlight from a set-piece, it felt impossible to get the ball off them. The off-the-ball marking was non-existent which is vital.

I then went gung-ho and it was like a magic switch. But watching, it felt like we were playing the mid-block perfectly rather than pressing high and looking like prime LFC. We were generally more aggressive off the ball in our marking and closing down. Many of our goals we're AI trying to play through us and we steal the ball in our own half and go a break. There were moments we won the ball high from them trying to play out from the back from a GK. But, if they were in settled possession it'll only really be my striker looking to press whilst everyone else is in a deeper block than the ST (rather than in a high block as a team).

It shows in the data, too. Despite playing high lines and max pressing, most of our possession gain was in our own half. Our PPDA is high, so the high-pressing trigger certainly is helping us press better. But, the turnovers in the game are too high and what the high pressing for us does is (again, all in my opinion) make you just that little better off the ball. The best PPDA in Serie A in my save is 4.52 (U.S. Salernitana 1919) and the worst is 5.63 (Sassoulo). It's way too high, and the difference is way too small. In real life, Napoli have the lowest (best) PPDA at 10.3. Cagliari have the highest (worst) at 18.0. Difference of nearly 8. In FM, the difference is just over 1 in my save. However, it's highly possible FM calculates PPDA differently. Would be cool if FM had a glossary of the stats.

PPDA is Pass Per Defence Action. The possession-won stats in my save are again, very marginal so it's really difficult to put a finger on everything that's going on. The manager who has 'sit back and protect lead' trait whilst also having 'less often' as their preferred pressing style is leading Serie A pressing statistics. I thought I'd just share because high pressing is in fact the preferred way I enjoy football IRL and that transfers into the game. But on many occasions I've been frustrated at the lack of high-pressing engagement. And where my players like to run side-by-side with an AI attacking player as he runs down the touchline lol. I do feel, as Bari, my players naturally take a cautious approach due to our low reputation so we have spells of both cautious moments and all gun-blazing moments as our mentality is on attacking home and away. My players naturally take their time over set-pieces at moments too.

Sorry for the long post lol it's all an opinion too :)

image.png.e6abd8793ee432298e40e18e8c9b6d9a.png

Yeah it's kinda bizarre, players don't press in the game, to my eye they never have. They can close down the ball carrier but they won't cut off his passing options. 

As for why it's so effective otherwise, I think the AI becomes more passive against teams with a high pressing intensity setting, and thus winning games is much easier. 

The bit you've touched on is good though. I wonder if the AI is more attacking against user teams with a defensive setting also? 

For me there is no difference comparing to FM23 at all. Maybe some things are even worse.

Still no slight changes in international management. Zero. I have no idea why for example they can't add something like chat with player who already have nationality to convince him to play for our national team (you can when they make themselves available but that's just like 5% chances and now they made 95% of players not interested in taking citizenship). You still have no option to interact with players at all. Is that really that hard? Pro tip: managers actually speak with players so they can convince them to play for a team. I dont't think it's that complicated for programmers to add one simple window. This is just sad.

"Dynamic" youth rating is still complete joke. I moved every good player in the game to couple of clubs in Holland like Mbappe to PSV etc, made all of them Dutch and after 20 years of simulation winning World Cups, Champions Leagues etc. 132>134. Garbage.

When you manage couple of teams with different managers and there is somehow just one active manager to make a move because only he got some message for example and you try to change view for other player instead of going to that manager the game just continues simulating some time. So for example when you have transfer window and it's 23:15 and you don't want to continue but change a manager the game just continues at suddenly transfer window is closed at 00:00. This problem is since I play FM18 and they still didn't do antyhing with it.

And one new great thing in FM24 - resting players does not work anymore. When you want to rest players for example for 3 days they still will somehow play in league or international game. Oh and one more thing - is there any reason why you can only send some players for holiday and with other you don't have that option? Another bug or the game knows better if I want to send a player for holiday?

Licencing like still Ajax staff is below criticism.

2/10

For now I've gone back to my save in FM23. I think FM24 has huge potential however I'm not enjoying it because of the little niggles. I'm not saying it's not playable, because clearly there are people who are enjoying it at the moment. But in terms of a management simulation, it needs a lot of tweaking before I can make an opinion how good the game is. The fact that the AI doesn't make subs and completely knackers out their starting eleven throughout the season is a big oversight. Also the fact that Team Talks don't work properly is a bit strange as well.

Fingers crossed fully patched the game will be the best in series so far.

5 hours ago, Pasonen said:

If you enjoy the game stay away from this forum :D at least don't wander to bug report section!! :D

I couldn't agree more.  It's an absolute cesspit of negativity.  Go hang out in career updates threads where there are people who appear to be enjoying the game.

The none pressing issue have been going on for a few version now.

8 minutes ago, vandeman said:

For me there is no difference comparing to FM23 at all. Maybe some things are even worse.

Still no slight changes in international management. Zero. I have no idea why for example they can't add something like chat with player who already have nationality to convince him to play for our national team (you can when they make themselves available but that's just like 5% chances and now they made 95% of players not interested in taking citizenship). You still have no option to interact with players at all. Is that really that hard? Pro tip: managers actually speak with players so they can convince them to play for a team. I dont't think it's that complicated for programmers to add one simple window. This is just sad.

"Dynamic" youth rating is still complete joke. I moved every good player in the game to couple of clubs in Holland like Mbappe to PSV etc, made all of them Dutch and after 20 years of simulation winning World Cups, Champions Leagues etc. 132>134. Garbage.

When you manage couple of teams with different managers and there is somehow just one active manager to make a move because only he got some message for example and you try to change view for other player instead of going to that manager the game just continues simulating some time. So for example when you have transfer window and it's 23:15 and you don't want to continue but change a manager the game just continues at suddenly transfer window is closed at 00:00. This problem is since I play FM18 and they still didn't do antyhing with it.

And one new great thing in FM24 - resting players does not work anymore. When you want to rest players for example for 3 days they still will somehow play in league or international game. Oh and one more thing - is there any reason why you can only send some players for holiday and with other you don't have that option? Another bug or the game knows better if I want to send a player for holiday?

Licencing like still Ajax staff is below criticism.

2/10

There's so much that can be done with international management. Player interactions to convince them to play for the nation, scouting for the national pool and discovering youth for the youth team, dynamics, training camp, and Visions for the association and supporters of the nation. All this can also tie in with building a nation. The better the nation does internationally, the better resources are given to the nation.

One thing that seems off for me is that even crap teams are great at passing. 

WhatsAppBild2023-11-13kl_22_10.28_bbf838b8.jpg.404ed38a02d34f04e51d376134bc31b7.jpg

This is J-League 2, second season. 3 teams as good as City at passing? The worst team completing 79% of passes is too high. Might explain why defensive tactics do nothing to stop goals coming through. Another thing that seems a bit off is that the finishing is too good - most teams are overperforming vs xG.

4 minutes ago, Thengil said:

https://www.jleague.co/stats/clubs/j2/2023/pass_rate/

I just checked real life passing stats for J League 2 and they are vastly lower.

Accuracy is lower.  The number of passes per match is pretty close to the same, though, which suggests that my theory that the central defenders are tippy-tapping the ball between themselves constantly, racking up big numbers of low-risk-high-accuracy passes, isn't correct.