FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

Nah, start a new save when the full game rolls around. I agree that data updates aren't often the most important but you don't want to get stuck with a long term bug because you couldn't wait a week. Remember that a bug that is invisible early on in the game can become a big thing later on.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Nah, start a new save when the full game rolls around. I agree that data updates aren't often the most important but you don't want to get stuck with a long term bug because you couldn't wait a week. Remember that a bug that is invisible early on in the game can become a big thing later on.

Depends what you classify a "bug" to be. I think this year's early access has been bug free from my personal experience. The way I would describe a bug is something that's doesn't allow me to continue, albeit the game isn't perfect for example player interactions and ME flaws such as high volume of goals. Messing with the ME is a complex beast which could potentially have a knock on affect on other aspects of the engine. 

6 minutes ago, FM'd-BRO said:

Depends what you classify a "bug" to be. I think this year's early access has been bug free from my personal experience. The way I would describe a bug is something that's doesn't allow me to continue, albeit the game isn't perfect for example player interactions and ME flaws such as high volume of goals. Messing with the ME is a complex beast which could potentially have a knock on affect on other aspects of the engine. 

A bug is literally any element of the game that isn’t working as expected. There are plenty of those :D 

Nothing is ever bug free in beta. Some of the bugs have been there for years too. 

Edited by DP

2 hours ago, SPE3D said:

Nothing wrong with any team playing gegenpress but then we should see impact on stamina etc which affects players who aren't as well equipped to press entire game. Instead there is not enough impact and anyone can win anything employing these tactics.

Yup, attributes should matter. Although attributes are relative, certain styles of play still require a certain level of technical and/or physical ability. A small club in a random country shouldn't be as efficient as a top club in the world. Surely, you won't see the flair, but the mistakes should be far more than what we see now...

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Mst82:

Far too many AI goals from throw ins, i.e. short throw, pass it about, score. Seems to be every other game for me.

My coaching staff are still thick as mince and their advice usually proves detrimental.

Why have a player as a ball winning midfielder by default, but with a trait of gets forward whenever possible, for example? Makes zero logical sense.

Mistakes playing out from the back, by players with good composure etc are far too frequent. Yes it happens occasionally but not regularly.

Being offside when the ball is passed back to a throw taker is literally every time.  Again, this can happen occasionally in real life but not every time.

I agree that there are far too many goals directly following a throw in. 

9 minutes ago, FM'd-BRO said:

It's just one of those things. Everyone should do what they want but there's a reason SI staff suggest starting a new save once the patch hits.

21 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

It's just one of those things. Everyone should do what they want but there's a reason SI staff suggest starting a new save once the patch hits.

TBF they only suggest starting a new one if you wish to make use of the database changes, which won't carry over.

Aside from the legacy issues and “teething problems” I’m really enjoying the game.

It flows really smoothly in the ME and the players seem to be doing what they’re told tactically, which is very welcome.

i have bought the new game but aren't planning on moving over till full release. when i do i'll be carrying over my long term save from 23. what have people's experiences been of keeping the same tactics with this new match engine?  i have a good one at the minute and hoping it will continue to get results on the new version.

Anyone struggling a lot with Evan Ferguson? He looks fantastic but he's performing terribly for me either as an advanced forward or pressing forward. He's scored multiple offside disallowed goals and just puts in stinky 6.5 performances regularly.

I don't know what your scouts for the Portuguese leagues is doing, but having every single player from Benfica with insanely high PAs while giving a really low score to Giovany Quenda is baffling. There is plenty of footage (and hype) around the kid for this to be an accurate PA on him. To back my insatisfation, João Neves is almost prime Pirlo at age 18. There's 3 or 4 world beaters on the B team for Benfica.

EDIT: To add, that Benfica is not even the team dominating the youth leagues in Portugal, neither the U23 league or a dominant B-team. I mean, they're represented in game as the best of the best by a clear distance when it comes to Portugal, but that's not true at all. Either review the values and ratings given to Benfica's youth, or balance the values and ratings using IRL data and not a biased view from a biased "scout".

Edited by talc25
Adding information

3 minutes ago, Cro-cop said:

And another thing, not too important. But how is it possible that someone few years ago thought that team meeting, team talk and press conference screen should look the way it looks now and think its good. Its so hard on eyes, you need to search for players in team talk screen. Press conference has so much wasted space and it takes a bit to find a question. And how is it possible that after so many years nothing has been done to make it look good.

Agreed. Would’ve been much more aesthetically pleasing if they added the generated character/player/staff model to the seat. Even as a static model. Can understand if they wanted to hold back this ‘feature’ for a year or 2. But we’ve had these bland empty seats for multiple years now

4 hours ago, DP said:

I think the reason this hasn’t been changed too much is because a lot of casual players want to play gegenpress and might not always buy the players suitable for it (ie high stamina) thus having too many players jaded leading to complaints. 

Similar to current injury levels being lower than real life - SI don’t go too extreme to try to cater for the masses. 

I can see that. It's a pity they can't think of a way of accommodating the better players too.

Someone complained the game’s unrealistic because PSG paid 50M for John McGinn.

You have to be careful because the John McGinn in the game might well be worth that... even if in real life he probably wouldn’t be.

But there’s never been a video game (or a movie) in history that has truly predicted what will happen in real life into the future.

When you start the game you’re entering a parallel universe which has real life as a starting point, but which  then diverges.

Who would have predicted two years ago Bellingham would move to Real Madrid and do so well that he’s now being compared to the impact of Ronaldo? Not many, even though he was always recognised as talented.

Who would have predicted a top manager like Emery would have moved to Aston Villa? So unrealistic!

Or that De Zebri would do so well at Brighton after the man who built it left (Potter)?

Or that Postecoglou would have Spurs top of the league and James Maddison be playing like prime Gareth Bale? In a league of super talented teams like Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal that would never happen.

Who would ever pay 115M for Caicedo or 60M for Mason Mount?! The game’s broken!

There may be players who in the FM game are doing really well and have great stats so in FM world if John McGinn is playing brilliantly then it does make sense PSG would offer 50M for him.

image.png.bd5fd0a3b8f133d5607c642dc6cfca68.png

It's these sorts of position where the ball seems to always* end up in the back of the net after some form of crisp packet hand from the keeper.

Teams do just seem to capitulate after conceding, and quickly conceded 2-3 in quick succession after. The next 4 shots (probably with a combined xG of about 0.5) all hit the back of the net in the 15 minute window after. Morale issue?

Edited by Domoboy23

Anyone notice when a player talks to you with regards to a loan move for permanent, when during the convo you offer them a target while their on-loan, the next conversation changes to a contract promise.... I will report it in the bugs section

2 hours ago, Cro-cop said:

I cant believe i fell for SI promises again. After skipping FM23 because i was tired of the samo old game every year, i thought few weeks ago, after blogs were released, "This is it". They finally admited what we knew all along. AI is not improved for years now, graphics got WORSE (not the same, actually worse). They said they had record sales, money and time to take it to another level. Their major selling point was AI squad building, transfers, improved match day experience.

So i decided to run a few saves 15 years in future. And although it seems that some improvements have been made, like average age of a team dropping, its still far from whats expected and it is still too easy to get succesful the longer you play a save because AI teams have terrible squads. Graphics is still bad. Look at the FM17 and tell me why is the game in worse state 7 years later.

They didnt mention anything about newgen attributes, which are still unbalanced after so many years, absolutely no improvement. Sweeper keepers, actual attacking wing backs and so on. They dont exist. For a person like me who likes playing long term saves, its just not possible to enjoy the game. If you ignore set piece improvements (well done, it was about the time) i am playing the same game like the last few years.

I can understand people being happy with the ME, but for me, who doesnt go deep into tactics, this game offers nothing new or better

I hear you. I'm also not the biggest on dissecting tactics to the bone, but I get my enjoyment from the world and story I create. I played fm23 a lot less than previous iterations, and it had 3 main reasons.

a) AI not being good at squadbuilding, meaning the challenge goes out of long terms saves. Compounded this with the issue that i find selling players borderline impossible, no matter how good you do, all because the AI values reputation way too much
b) player, board and supporter interaction being utter garbage and worse every year.
c) Match engine being wonky yet ultimately predictable. After the winter update it was more "woodwork simulator 23" than football manager. Also the amount of goals I conceded in the same pattern (goalie doesnt follow distribution instruction, plays it to the wrong player who immediately loses it, goal condeded) was really immersion breaking

Apparently a and b would have been adressed, but turns out they werent (unless you count in Saudi easy fix), and the jury is still out on c.... Seems I dodged a bullet so far.

31 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Someone complained the game’s unrealistic because PSG paid 50M for John McGinn.

You have to be careful because the John McGinn in the game might well be worth that... even if in real life he probably wouldn’t be.

But there’s never been a video game (or a movie) in history that has truly predicted what will happen in real life into the future.

When you start the game you’re entering a parallel universe which has real life as a starting point, but which  then diverges.

Who would have predicted two years ago Bellingham would move to Real Madrid and do so well that he’s now being compared to the impact of Ronaldo? Not many, even though he was always recognised as talented.

Who would have predicted a top manager like Emery would have moved to Aston Villa? So unrealistic!

Or that De Zebri would do so well at Brighton after the man who built it left (Potter)?

Or that Postecoglou would have Spurs top of the league and James Maddison be playing like prime Gareth Bale? In a league of super talented teams like Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal that would never happen.

Who would ever pay 115M for Caicedo or 60M for Mason Mount?! The game’s broken!

There may be players who in the FM game are doing really well and have great stats so in FM world if John McGinn is playing brilliantly then it does make sense PSG would offer 50M for him.

Funny, they bought him for £36M in one of mine.

Did that person go into more depth rather than just "PSG bought him for £50M" ? 

On this, they loaned him initially for £94k - 15 apps with a 7.16 rating.

Next season bought him, £36M - 7 apps 7.00 rating 

Season 3 - 4 apps 6.60 rating. 

Season 4 - Sold to Leicester for £4.6M 

But AI is smarter guys

Edited by _Rob

23 hours ago, Fritz13 said:

The signing of only 6 U21 players from overseas rule in the UK - when does the season start/finish exactly?

Is a new season simply once the summer window commences at the beginning of June?

If you go to the rules section of the league you will see the start and end dates of the league 

30 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

image.png.bd5fd0a3b8f133d5607c642dc6cfca68.png

It's these sorts of position where the ball seems to always* end up in the back of the net after some form of crisp packet hand from the keeper.

Teams do just seem to capitulate after conceding, and quickly conceded 2-3 in quick succession after. The next 4 shots (probably with a combined xG of about 0.5) all hit the back of the net in the 15 minute window after. Morale issue?

This is my biggest problem with the game. Keepers just being weak and conceding the first shot on target. They often get a hand to it so it seems like they *should* be saving them but still.  Especially these situations where there's only a narrow view of the goal and you'd be Aguero to score more often than not.

With the game remaining the same bugwise , a.i transfer logic , no improvements in youth development over the long run ( no balanced attributes etc )  , I’ll say it 

Sports Interactive is the same as Creative Assembly. One is football and the other one is the total war series. 

football manager and total war series have the same improvements on their games in the past 5 years which is not a lot, old bugs still exists and features are still broken or not implemented properly ashame that they’re both under Sega too !  

match engine deserves credit though but that’s almost like praising someone polishing **** , it’s still **** , should have upgraded graphically 3 years ago. 

How is this new fm a homage when existing bugs and features that were promised years ago are still broken? 
It seems like it’s more of a homage to the lies and broken features miles and his teams have failed to provide the past few seasons that’s for sure. 

Edited by jlboybeamer

Late to party. Missed you kids, mostly. Done me normal school team start (Queens Uni in Norn Iron div 2 this time because Swansea U aren't here).

Lots of goals, lots. I won league, had an over xg of 26.3, and 3 clean sheets. Season 2 my fans expect attacking counter attacking football.

Forgot to screenshot but i'll edit it back in for you tactic vampires. (it's a defensive flat 442 that never gets clean sheets and gives me the odd 9-1 or 7-3 win)

Same as everyone else my goalkeepers have arms of glass (do pitches grass/halfhalf/artificial have an effect?), my captains **** and moan about me having no depth here or there (does the game recognise the paler dots or just the full green "natural"  ones) and, dunno if this is a bug or bad wording, my amateur and non-contract players are always whining about being in last year of their deal.

Is rubbish attacking play better rewarded than rubbish defensive play?

I think this is it with the series for me now. I regret purchasing this, as I regretted purchasing FM23. The match engine looks better but the AI is just terrible with tactics and squad building. The game is just no fun and it feels not enough is being done to fix things. 

The series needs a rewrite from scratch, completely scrapping what they have now, and starting from a blank slate. 

Really enjoying this year's early access...I know this will be an unpopular opinion on here, but for me the best version for a decade. Smooth graphics, no glitches and the match engine is a joy. Players do what I tell them (mostly) and that is important. Not finished a season yet though and it will be different on full release (not too different though). For the first time in a long time I'm dying to get home and fire up the season.

Well done SI :cool:

Pre season of season 2 and I have 3 players asking for new contracts, I have no budget and can't tell them that as they won't accept, and now the team is starting a revolt... Guess is back to Cities Skylines 2 for me

24 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

I must be daft, I'm not seeing this. :(

Center_1.thumb.jpg.740f346d557766a2d63b1440896a0a23.jpg

Filter.jpg.64e2dfcdb1224bcc47292b6b240221b3.jpg

Weird. I thought it was on there, but I was getting confused with the player search.

FWIW I've never had my own players recommended to me in a recruitment focus. I notice you're in 2058, so maybe a bug due to the carry on save feature?

4 hours ago, nimbleshadow said:

Does anyone know if this means he won't get a "second nationality"?
Will he keep taking my "foreign player" slot?

20231101182030_1.thumb.jpg.8b798ad93e18a3ccc3312710726a5f56.jpg

This makes sense, unfortunately. In reality, there is no such thing as 'dual nationality' in Japan. You have to convert fully to Japanese, and lose any previous nationality you had.

2 hours ago, XaW said:

If you haven't played FM24 then posting in here is rather pointless for you. This is a thread where people can give feedback on the game they've played, and if you haven't, then you can't give feedback.

wel if I was an ass I could say that by giving feedback on the feedback of the beta is also a form of feedback on the beta itself, but fair enough

Anyone else having issues with contract negotiations in season 2?  Playing as Arsenal and want to extend some players contracts, but they want very high wages, much more than they are currently on, and will not budge on wage or length.  Take Ben White, wont budge on wanting £150K (not totally unreasonable) but also will not budge on 4 years when I try and make it 5 years.  I don't mind them starting with demands and then we come to an agreement, but when they blatantly refuse to negotiate it is not good.  Happened with several of the players who are just unwilling to change their demands.

Also some prices for players are very unrealistic.  Tried to sign Hato from Ajax.  Understand them not wanting to sell but they demand £95million.  Arsenal signed Timber for £35mil.  A player who had more experience, full international and still very young.  Just not realistic with transfers.  Shame

Edited by Come on ye pars

2 minutes ago, Come on ye pars said:

Anyone else having issues with contract negotiations in season 2?  Playing as Arsenal and want to extend some players contracts, but they want very high wages, much more than they are currently on, and will not budge on wage or length.  Take Ben White, wont budge on wanting £150K (not totally unreasonable) but also will not budge on 4 years when I try and make it 5 years.  I don't mind them starting with demands and then we come to an agreement, but when they blatantly refuse to negotiate it is not good.  Happened with several of the players who are just unwilling to change their demands.

Reiss Nelson won't accept lower the Regular Starter, wich is crazy given the season Saka and Martinelli had for me :D 

Just now, KamyKaze said:

Reiss Nelson won't accept lower the Regular Starter, wich is crazy given the season Saka and Martinelli had for me :D 

Yeah, the contract negotiations seems fine sometimes but broken with others where they just will not budge which is very unrealistic.  Maybe 1 player will be stubborn, but not 7 or 8.