FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

2 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Ivan Toney is still in the game, through a ban. Adrian Mutu was still in the game, for a whopping ban. Multiple, countless others.

This doesn’t make sense.

I think its because we dont actually know what Pogba Ban will be yet, once his ban is confirmed am sure he will be added back into the game.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you please stop making English teams so overpowered in comparison with teams in any other league? I am tired of seeing almost yearly English teams winning every European competition since FM08. The premier league is strong, but way below the level that it always shows in FM

3 of the last 5 winners have been English. Hell, even West Ham won a European trophy last season whilst finishing 14th in the PL.

And still only Manchester City are as strong as Barca or Real were 10-15 years ago.

24 minutes ago, el_manayer said:

Can you please stop making English teams so overpowered in comparison with teams in any other league? I am tired of seeing almost yearly English teams winning every European competition since FM08. The premier league is strong, but way below the level that it always shows in FM

This has been an issue since forever, English money is overpowered but it works even better in FM as other leagues struggle to keep up. La Liga always ends up 5th placed in my long term saves. 

The B teams system from FM hurts Germany and Spain A LOT as it's basically separating  youth prospects into a non-existing, a lot weaker team that doesn't connect to the first team's facilities, coaches and play time. So the prospects don't develop and the first teams resort to **** transfers with the little money they have. Teams like Real Sociedad, known for their basque bias and amazing academy, end up more diverse than Central London and older than a Scorpions concert. Any half-decent prospect that develops to first team material gets immediately poached by the moneybags in the PL, so it's a rinse and repeat situation. 

Try managing a Spanish giant like Real Madrid or Barcelona some 7 years in - Every 100 CA player in the B team is on €2mil p/a and the first team stars on €20mil p/a. It's impossible they win anything long-term.

Edit: I just checked and Real Madrid are paying a 19 year old academy player with 4 sub apps to the first team €4.87 mil p/a, and another one €4.95 mil p/a. Gavi is on €34.5 mil p/a. Atletico are paying a 27 year old of 145 CA (checked with editor) that they signed for €45 mil a grand €37.24 mil p/a. 

Edited by Mitza

Putting my save a bit on hold as other people stated here... The number of goals in some games is a bit too high compared to FM 23.

I think FM 23 got the number of goals per game very close to IRL number...

First season into a VNN save now and at least in LLM management, FM24 is a big difference from 23.

Pass completition rate is way to high, with too little range. FM 24, 88% to 81%. FM23, 80% to 65%. Top 10 in the league are all 90%+, and all happen to be centrebacks, or CDMs, with one right back.

Lack of long passes has meant high line, high press, high intensity has been my go to tactic. I have been unable to make a direct counter attack tactic work this year, however I have my team playing like prime Liverpool pressing high, and rarely turning the ball over from a  wayward pass, with short passing, high tempo.

I do like the positional play. Very easy to make a 2-3-5 in attack now with IWB. Only which roam from position wasn't hardcoded in support.

Unrelated, but justs noticed I can't see a players form information without adding them to a shortlist. However I can go and look at the match for every game and spend the time to figure it out myself. Why force the player into this tedium to access inforation that is available ingame at only the cost to the players time?

Edited by Thalo

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, ForTheLoveOfTheGame said:

Good morning,

Can anyone confirm whether aboards have been removed from 2D now? Nothing is showing up on my game. 3D is fine. 

Hi, no ad boards in 2D Classic is a known issue we're working on currently.

18 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

I assume we're talking about this 

In which case I agree, there's not enough information here to really draw a conclusion that AI teams are catastrophically bad at giving young players a chance.

Even in their data here:

• Average age in 2023: 27.0 - in 2033: 27.3
  • Median age: 2023: 27.1 - in 2033: 27.4.
  • Median U25 players in squad: 9 to 9
  • Median U25 players in first team: 5 to 4

Doesn't seem wildly off? Unless I'm missing something. They're also guessing at the CA of players by just eyeballing their profile, which is sketchy at best. No mention of detail level either which is huge.

However they do make one or two interesting points, and I'm not saying that we can't improve things further by any means. However we do have extensive data on how many games young players are getting and it is better than 23, even if not perfect.

As always please do make bug reports with ideas and thoughts! We're talking about an extremely complicated and delicate simulation of a huge amount of data, so there's always ways to make things better and better, and we're always open to seeing the bug reports to identify how we can do just that.

Jack can you tell us if AI squad rotation is fixed and AI player transfers are fixed as per the headline feature announced or is this something SI are still having problems with?

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Whats Edgar Davids net worth?

100% realism leaves the conversation when you press "start game", as its a game. If a random punter with no coaching badges and no playing experience can take Guardiolas job at Man City, then Van Basten can become DOF at Bradford. 

Davids was already based in London and keen to get into management - that's why he took the Barnet job. That is not the same as moving to another country for a DoF role in the lower leagues.

I am aware that its only a game, but what I am trying to say is that Van Basten's reputation in FM, must be much lower than it is IRL. 

As for your 'random punter comment', that's only true if you're taking over an existing a managers job. Of course, it's a game - you can manage whoever you like. However, if you're starting unemployed in FM with a low reputation and no badges, you would not be able to get an interview for vacant posts at high rep clubs.

Edited by Lempicka

19 часов назад, trevjim сказал:

For me, its due to the outdated CA and PA system. The AI is driven by CA only when it comes to playing time. (PA is only used for reputation and Transfers) I feel CA needs to be reworked so it's within a certain bracket.

Eg currently a player with 190 PA who lets say has a CA of 110, will only ever play like a 110 CA player (with consistency playing a factor of course) so the AI will only see him as that.

What needs to happen is instead of having the current ceiling at 110, it needs to be within a bracket of something like 100 - 150 CA. The consistency attribute and a few others can determine what CA this player plays like on a match day, but the AI will now start recognising him as a 100 - 150 player, instead of a 110. So in theory, will then start getting more match time. Or alternatively take something like an average of the CA and PA combined 

Look at C.Ronaldo when he broke onto the scene at Sporting, his potential was always the same 195+, but his CA would naturally fluctuate so much. He would play like a 170 player one match and a 120 player another. This is understandable given his age and inexperience and the manger recognised that but saw the potential. The AI currently doesn't see the bigger picture.

I see this all the time since I play journeyman saves. Transfers have become better than during FM17-18 and earlier. But the development of young players is depressing. There are many talented newgens who never reached their potential due to lack of playing practice. If this is not improved in FM24, then I could stay on FM22

• SI Staff
13 hours ago, Soulseeker said:

I'm basically making two points there:

1. If you guys fix AI not using subs and not rotating players this would probably more or less fix the discrepancy. I literally say that in my conclusions there. Surely this isn't too much to ask given that it was presented as one of the features of the game? I'm sure you are aware of the problems with this part of the game given how many people mention this and how many bug tickets are there. I would be shocked to see it not addressed before the full game release.

2. AI is unable to fully develop very high PA players, I talking top of the top. No more Hollands, Camavingas, Messis etc with fully realised PA. I'm fairly confident that a natural striker who has 1 strong foot and has attributes like finishing, first touch, off the ball etc around 14-15, this is not 170 let alone 180-200 CA. You can brush this off as much as you like, I'm pretty confident in my ability of "reading" CA from attributes given that I've been doing this since CM 00-01 with pretty reliable precision. I'm not saying it's a new issue - I don't think I've ever seen a fully developed  190+ PA player in 15 years save unless it's me who's playing him since he turns 18 or better ever sooner. I assumed that another announced feature of FM24, which is players having longer period of development, would be what finally addresses this properly for the first time in the series.

So in other words, just do what you promise and the game is golden in this regard.

I've never stipulated that this is a deep dive or I find the numbers catastrophic, not sure where this came from. In fact I was pretty pleased with results of my admittedly surface level test. So PLEASE just fix stuff that you directly promised to fix.

The point is, that unless you provide relevant evidence of matches where teams aren't using subs, or aren't rotating when they should, then you haven't really given us any information to go by other than anecdotes. None of the data you've provided shows that AI teams aren't using subs. If you have evidence of this then it should be reported as a bug with clear PKM examples of situations where they should be doing so.

Second point - again, none of the info or data you've provided shows that this is the case. The number of 190+CA players in the actual starting DB is extremely low to start with, but regardless, you've not provided any actual evidence to back up your claims.

Saying "just fix it" doesn't really help anyone, you need to provide specific examples that showcase the issue you're describing in a bug report.

15 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

So, almost 70 hours done since last Thursday, here's my appraisal of where the game is at right now

Pros

Match engine - Simply glorious. No ME is ever perfect as it's an ever evolving beast, but this is the closest it's been in any iteration of the game I've played, and I've played them all. I recently started a quick Stirling save to take me to full launch, and the way I can set the team up now and the way it plays out is scarily close to how we play IRL. The IFB role in particular means I'm no longer sweating as much while my LWB goes haring up the wing, as now the RB tucks in to make a back 3, this is exactly what Stirling are doing IRL at the moment, and it's great to see that play out. Overall, this is just a great engine. As I said, it's not perfect, there's perhaps a few too many long shots, and the velocity of the ball when shooting, particularly when it hits off a defender or keeper sometimes looks a bit off, but that's minor things that should be adjusted fairly easily I would think. The new animations on the graphics engine are also great. It's maybe a minor thing, but players looking up and around to see if there's space before hitting a pass is a nice wee addition. 

Squad Planner - I know this is a divisive feature, but I loved the concept of the Squad Planner last year. Much more interactive and dynamic than the old squad depth screen, it was just a shame it wasn't implemented as good as it could have been. This year has changed all that. The three biggest improvements are 1. Keeping the players in the positions and not adding everyone back on when you progress the game so you have to start again. 2. The position ratings on the view on the left, a great addition to show what positions you're lacking in, and 3. Being able to add any external player to your planner,  not just those on a shortlist. Great work getting a good feature even better. I respect that this is not for everyone though. 

Game Speed - Excellent. I first loaded up my FM23 save to test that new feature and I have loads of leagues loaded, with the save being 10 years in the future. Much quicker than FM23 - And it's now lightning fast with the new save I recently started

Set Pieces - I've never been someone who bothered about set pieces, so to be able to have a set piece coach devise proper routines based on your preferences is great. I do feel that in time, this may be a feature that gets heavily exploited by those who take the team to really get into it, but for me, the coaches doing a good job in getting sensible routines set up is perfect. Great addition. 

Player Targets - I like this addition. Once the interactions (see below) get tweaked, this will become an excellent extra dimension in the game. I especially like setting player targets for increased squad statuses. 

QOL changes - Too many to mention here, but a good few little tweaks just make playing the game that little bit more bearable. 

Cons

Interactions - I don't know if this is glitched on FM23 crossover saves or across the board, but it's been brutal so far. So many more players whining about utterly inconsequential stuff really ruins the immersion at times. I've started a new save to see if it is a crossover issue but right now, it's an area that needs looked at. Especially given this was a headline feature that there would be more context, a better 'severity string' and thousands more responses. Not seen any evidence of any of those things. I've always been good at handling players in past FM's but I cannot get to grips with some of it this year. It might just be coded this way now, but it does feel off. The Squad Depth issue the players have seems particularly wonky right now. 

International Management - Good to see the addition of things like the squad planner for this, but it remains a hugely under utilised part of the game. Much more needs done with it. Sorting out the fitness levels between matches at a tournament looks not to have been addressed, and although there's improvements to the National Pool, I would still like to see this area of the game massively improved for FM25

2D engine - As above, the lack of love shown to 2D is really annoying. Whilst the pitch itself looks fine, the surrounding area is just jet black this year, like you are playing in a void. What makes it more frustrating is you already have the external graphics for this in the game - If you're shown a replay of an offside, it switches to a glorious top down view showing the stadiums etc. Why can't this be an option to choose if it's already in the game? 

Matchday widgets - I know this isn't just an FM24 thing, and they will probably never return, but I still miss the options to include widgets on screen, particularly when playing in 2D - This was highlighted again to me earlier when I was watching my first couple of games on full match to test the tactic - On that mode, you never see the matchday tablet, as there's no breaks in play, so other than clicking on the score and bringing up the match facts, you can't see anything about the opposition, or any other stats when playing full match. I'd like to see the widgets back for that scenario. 

Overall, this an excellent addition to the series so far, and it's better than I thought it would be given the announcement about FM25 - The match engine is glorious and it's more polished all round. Giving it an 8/10 at the moment, only pulled down by somewhat awful interactions at the moment. Fix that, and it's an absolute belter of a game. Top effort. 

Good post. I haven't ventured into international management yet - but agree with the rest.

I've been really impressed with the match engine so far. I'm seeing a nice variety of goals and the player movements on and off the ball is much better that last year. Dribbling, goalkeeper injuries (at last) and more realistic deflections - some of the many nice touches I've seen so far.

Game speed improvement is something that I wasn't expecting and has allowed me to add more leagues to my save and still play at the same pace I'm used to.

As many have already mentioned, interactions do need to be toned down considerably, but otherwise - happy customer!

13 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

The point is, that unless you provide relevant evidence of matches where teams aren't using subs, or aren't rotating when they should, then you haven't really given us any information to go by other than anecdotes. None of the data you've provided shows that AI teams aren't using subs. If you have evidence of this then it should be reported as a bug with clear PKM examples of situations where they should be doing so.

Second point - again, none of the info or data you've provided shows that this is the case. The number of 190+CA players in the actual starting DB is extremely low to start with, but regardless, you've not provided any actual evidence to back up your claims.

Saying "just fix it" doesn't really help anyone, you need to provide specific examples that showcase the issue you're describing in a bug report.

I see what you mean. Looks like I made a pretty stupid assumption that subs not working correctly is a current bug in the game because I keep hearing so much about it and also saw tickets in the bug tracker, but now that I went through my games (both 1 and 10 seasons old) I can see that AI managers use subs more or less as I would expect them so I take that back and apologise for confusion. However, this doesn't address the main concern that I have, which is what I outlined in this bug report

I would be very surprised to find out that actually the average age of the first teams after 10 years is comparable to 1 year across thousands of clubs and not just a couple dozen that I selected for my spreadsheet and even more surprised to find some extra high CA players (eg 175+) within those U25 (basically regens) players who became a part of the future first teams in 10 years. I now feel kinda bad for choosing U25 to be the threshold because if I went with 24 (so, the second generation of regens in 2034), it would be very unpleasant stats from what I can see :( 

2 hours ago, Mitza said:

The B teams system from FM hurts Germany and Spain A LOT as it's basically separating  youth prospects into a non-existing, a lot weaker team that doesn't connect to the first team's facilities, coaches and play time.

Does this change at all if you have the B team leagues loaded as fully playable leagues?

Theoretically playing regularly in a 2nd or 3rd tier league should help the development of youth players compared to playing in a youth league. That's how it works IRL at least.

Game speed is drasticalllllly improve. I play on a “slow” Mac, a 2017 Macbook air. I was playing FM22 before this, would load only the top 5-7 leagues because of speed issues, im currently playing FM24 with double the nations and leagues loaded and playable, bigger database that ive ever played, and its running twice as fast. 👏🏽 

15 hours ago, kopfan1977 said:

I notice that others have mentioned the 'Harsh' team talk issue too. Have had a few incidents of this. First one was second game of season when 2-0 down at Home, Playing like Amateurs, Not even had a shot at goal so set the hairdryer loose - End of game and had 8 of the 11 (Not including subs) all moan about a harsh team talk and there is no pleasing them. Another incidence was away versus a rival (Bristol City v Cardiff) and we were again 2-0 down at HT so let the team have it again, ended up losing 3-0 which didn't please me one bit even if I did have the Championship won so let them know in no uncertain terms was that acceptable, again 8 players all angry at my team talk!!! Redonkulous! 

Can I ask those who are maybe a couple of seasons in - Are players still wanting new contracts every year even if they have only signed a new one a year ago? 

Big games mean pressure... some players in your team wont be able to handle pressure well, hence bad performance....  shouting at them makes it worse.. try another approach maybe?

Away games are also harder for your team to play well at too...

9 минут назад, RandomGuy. сказал:

Ive always felt FM, like any game, requires a certain amount of imagination (maybe Van Basten has moved to Bradford?) and a certain amount of suspension of belief.

Some of those fantasies that I closed my eyes to in FM became a reality a few years later :) 

1 hour ago, Jack Joyce said:

Heres one example. (First AI vs AI game I picked) Please add more if you got some @Soulseeker

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ive always felt FM, like any game, requires a certain amount of imagination (maybe Van Basten has moved to Bradford?) and a certain amount of suspension of belief.

It kind of bugs me when people (not saying you are) flag up quirky things as bugs instead of just trying to think up a story around it instead (ive seen people in previous games complaining that some random English manager eventually ended up managing Barcelona), id hate for a really sterile game where nothing odd happens.

Like I said previously he had a pretty big scandal a few years ago so maybe he needs to prove himself again at a backwater especially one away from the Netherlands.

There are head canons you can conceive that make sense.

6 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Big games mean pressure... some players in your team wont be able to handle pressure well, hence bad performance....  shouting at them makes it worse.. try another approach maybe?

Away games are also harder for your team to play well at too...

Not sure. I've given them a good rollocking at other times throughout the season and majority responded well. Away at Southampton who went 1-0 up and got to half time without as much as a shot at goal. Despite having decent spells of possession they just weren't even attempting shots. Just crossing, keeper catches, rinse and repeat (This is even with work ball into box). Gave the hairdryer treatment, Came out for 2nd half and scored twice within 5 mins of kick off.

Given the hairdryer treatment at other times including another derby against Swansea City when it was 1-0 Swansea at HT and they all responded well and we went on to win 1-4.

So no idea if it's unable to handle pressure well. Or maybe those 2 incidences were to do with 'Team leaders' who had gotten angry so they all wanted to back them up? Not sure, never really had any issues with giving the hairdryer treatment last year so it was rather a shock.

I'll say it quietly, as it usually lasts just long enough for the game to realise I'm truly dreadful at it, but I think this may be my favourite edition in a long time.  I haven't seen anything noticeably buggy yet, and all the little things added are making for a pretty enjoyable game.  The match engine in particular is looking very, very good.  It's never looked as "real" as it does now.  In a way it's a shame that this is the end of an ME that's been continuously upgraded for over two decades now, but it's as good a tribute to the work that's been put in as you could probably get.

It's not perfect by any means though.  I don't really have a playstyle that gets down into the weeds too often, but interaction is still pretty poor.  I've not seen any of the really wild switches that I was getting in 23, but there's still come pretty odd looking results.  

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It kind of bugs me when people (not saying you are) flag up quirky things as bugs instead of just trying to think up a story around it instead (ive seen people in previous games complaining that some random English manager eventually ended up managing Barcelona), id hate for a really sterile game where nothing odd happens.

I think a lot of people struggle with FM being a vehicle for imagination rather than a substitute for it.  It's still pretty sterile in my view, but it's definitely possible to go off on complete tangents in this kind of gameworld and make your own story.  I'd embrace the mad stuff too, it would be far worse without it.

But then this is the game where people continue to use the now cliched "immersion breaking" phrase because they've noticed there's no queue at the hotdog stand, so can't expect much.

19 minutes ago, kopfan1977 said:

Not sure. I've given them a good rollocking at other times throughout the season and majority responded well. Away at Southampton who went 1-0 up and got to half time without as much as a shot at goal. Despite having decent spells of possession they just weren't even attempting shots. Just crossing, keeper catches, rinse and repeat (This is even with work ball into box). Gave the hairdryer treatment, Came out for 2nd half and scored twice within 5 mins of kick off.

Given the hairdryer treatment at other times including another derby against Swansea City when it was 1-0 Swansea at HT and they all responded well and we went on to win 1-4.

So no idea if it's unable to handle pressure well. Or maybe those 2 incidences were to do with 'Team leaders' who had gotten angry so they all wanted to back them up? Not sure, never really had any issues with giving the hairdryer treatment last year so it was rather a shock.

You must be lovely to have as a boss. 😂 

Apparently Saudi transfers also happen in FM23 saves. Decided to resign and holiday to see how clubs and players evolve. Now I'm sad, he was him

Screenshot2023-10-24143201.png.f48acb825795798cc716516676a21614.png

Other than that, Squad building looks better so far. When I did this is previous FMs the AI would sell all wonderkids and destroy the future of the club. Rotation seems to be nonexistent and might hurt the development of 18-25yo players.

The ME in general is very good, however there are a lot of corners, sometimes like 3 corners in a row because defenders can't clear the ball properly.

Also while I like the new movements, I hope future FMs give us an option to hold position and prevent rotations, eg a 10 staying central when a SV moves into AMCR to create an overload.

GK injuries are pretty bad, but I'm sure they'll be fixed at release.

Edit: In 2039 Conte got sacked by Atalanta, literally 3 days after winning the champions league because players lost confidence after a 3rd place finish in the league. I know 3rd place is bad, but this is silly

Spoiler

this doesn't add up and if something like this happens to real players, prepare for a lot of upset users

Screenshot2023-10-24154414.png.5219bc528e75a7e2bdb5a909fbd146e8.png

Screenshot2023-10-24154446.png.05f57ce7e98086d2b817bff8cc89afcc.png

Edited by chewbaccaloveaddiction

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well... he got a work permit and has signed the contract! So, with my belief firmly suspended, I'm delighted to have the three times Ballon d'Or winner in my team.

Welcome to Valley Parade, Marco!

Marco van Basten: Games That Changed My Life | FourFourTwo

One thing I noticed in the video of the guy that holidayed for 100 years was the Scottish league. After 20/30 years there was a completely different winner every year for a number of years. It’s like the league has completely levelled out once Rangers and Celtic have fallen away. 

This says to me there is still something wrong. 1) There aren’t many precedents of a league, especially Scotland, where there is no dominant team. Even if it changes every 10 years or so. 2) It means if a human player was involved the league would be far too easy in future as there is just no competition. The winners are losing 10 games and winning the title with a very low points total. 

It still looks like the top teams are struggling to manage themselves and sustain dominance this far in the future. 

33 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

You must be lovely to have as a boss. 😂 

Simply the best! :D

They only get the hairdryer treatment when it's important matches or when they don't turn up at all. Luckily for majority of last season I had them all on my side! Just a couple of incidences where I felt they needed to get their backsides kicked! 

1 hour ago, Dadecane said:

Game speed is drasticalllllly improve. I play on a “slow” Mac, a 2017 Macbook air. I was playing FM22 before this, would load only the top 5-7 leagues because of speed issues, im currently playing FM24 with double the nations and leagues loaded and playable, bigger database that ive ever played, and its running twice as fast. 👏🏽 

I am also very pleasantly surprised at the speed of the game. Even with tens of thousands of graphic pack addons and many leagues and nations loaded, it still runs very fast. Granted I do have an M1 MacBook Pro now, but whereas before I could easily spend 6+ hours to advance 2 months in game, I can go through half a season in about 4 hours. It's so impressively fast.

3 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Cons

Interactions - I don't know if this is glitched on FM23 crossover saves or across the board, but it's been brutal so far. So many more players whining about utterly inconsequential stuff really ruins the immersion at times. I've started a new save to see if it is a crossover issue but right now, it's an area that needs looked at. Especially given this was a headline feature that there would be more context, a better 'severity string' and thousands more responses. Not seen any evidence of any of those things. I've always been good at handling players in past FM's but I cannot get to grips with some of it this year. It might just be coded this way now, but it does feel off. The Squad Depth issue the players have seems particularly wonky right now. 

Hard agree, at the moment the interactions are far and away the worst part about FM24 - players moan all the time, and it seems any time you give two negative full-time team talks in a month, the entire squad will revolt. I feel like the interactions are far too volatile, and the constant - and I mean constant - whining about squad depth is incredibly annoying. It's so bad that if it doesn't get fixed for full-release I'd probably buy the FMRTE just to fix any stupidness that arises from silly and/or unrealistic interactions. I remember when the feature was announced years ago and I thought it would be a great addition to add to a more immersive and varied experience, but ever since interactions have been introduced I just find them an absolute slog to deal with and will almost never voluntarily incite an interaction, with either positive or negative intentions, as the outcomes are so wildly unpredictable, volatile, and often season-defining. Please, please tweak this for the full release.

1 minute ago, rjferguson90 said:

I am also very pleasantly surprised at the speed of the game. Even with tens of thousands of graphic pack addons and many leagues and nations loaded, it still runs very fast. Granted I do have an M1 MacBook Pro now, but whereas before I could easily spend 6+ hours to advance 2 months in game, I can go through half a season in about 4 hours. It's so impressively fast.

Hard agree, at the moment the interactions are far and away the worst part about FM24 - players moan all the time, and it seems any time you give two negative full-time team talks in a month, the entire squad will revolt. I feel like the interactions are far too volatile, and the constant - and I mean constant - whining about squad depth is incredibly annoying. It's so bad that if it doesn't get fixed for full-release I'd probably buy the FMRTE just to fix any stupidness that arises from silly and/or unrealistic interactions. I remember when the feature was announced years ago and I thought it would be a great addition to add to a more immersive and varied experience, but ever since interactions have been introduced I just find them an absolute slog to deal with and will almost never voluntarily incite an interaction, with either positive or negative intentions, as the outcomes are so wildly unpredictable, volatile, and often season-defining. Please, please tweak this for the full release.

Just from me, and this isn't to say there aren't issues with interactions or to downplay all the others who have been having issues.

I'm 15 games into a championship season with no badges and sunday league experience and haven't had any revolts yet, either with playtime, teamtalks or depth. I've had some requesting new contracts, but these have all been deserved and got their offers.

22 hours ago, alian62 said:

I ran FM23 and FM24 together on holiday mode , using the same leagues etc . FM24 finished the year 2.5 months ahead . Considering I was also processing FM23 at the same time it showed a good improvement. I would confidently say its approx at the level FM17 was at . 

That is beautiful. I never would even think to add increased processing speed as a requested feature. I don't know if I would say that is dramatically faster, but it is certainly noticeably faster. Can't wait to boot it up after the first patch.

50 minutes ago, DP said:

One thing I noticed in the video of the guy that holidayed for 100 years was the Scottish league. After 20/30 years there was a completely different winner every year for a number of years. It’s like the league has completely levelled out once Rangers and Celtic have fallen away. 

This says to me there is still something wrong. 1) There aren’t many precedents of a league, especially Scotland, where there is no dominant team. Even if it changes every 10 years or so. 2) It means if a human player was involved the league would be far too easy in future as there is just no competition. The winners are losing 10 games and winning the title with a very low points total. 

It still looks like the top teams are struggling to manage themselves and sustain dominance this far in the future. 

The leagues won't be on full detail to save processing time, it's not a like for like comparison. 

vor 55 Minuten schrieb chewbaccaloveaddiction:

Apparently Saudi transfers also happen in FM23 saves. Decided to resign and holiday to see how clubs and players evolve. Now I'm sad, he was him

Other than that, Squad building looks better so far. When I did this is previous FMs the AI would sell all wonderkids and destroy the future of the club. Rotation seems to be nonexistent and might hurt the development of 18-25yo players.

Thanks for running the simulation:)

Could you see if there were still so few newgens with low ratings in crossing (especially wingbacks), penalty- and free-kick-taking in the future? This has been promised to be fixed for a few years...

Seen a lot of comments about too many corners in game. Certainly if you play on key highlights (as I usually do), it can seem that a lot of highlights start with a corner. I've been playing my last few matches on a mix of full and comprehensive highlights, and one thing I have noticed is that defenders are very quick to head the ball behind from a cross ball rather than heading it the opposite direction up the pitch, even in situations where a forward header would be the better option. Now, I'm managing in League 1 in Scotland so the decision making or quality not the same as at higher levels, but I thought I would just point that out. 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

I realized since FM21 that there is a fine line between pass success percentage and aerial duels. In FM21 and 22 there was an absurdly high number of successful passes, in FM23 this was resolved with chaos, reducing this successful pass to a real level but unrealistically increasing aerial duels. I hope that for FM25 SI can find a balance. I've been enjoying ME, but I confess that the possession statistics have been bothering me a little, especially for someone who plays in lower divisions, where football is more unpredictable.

29 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Seen a lot of comments about too many corners in game. Certainly if you play on key highlights (as I usually do), it can seem that a lot of highlights start with a corner. I've been playing my last few matches on a mix of full and comprehensive highlights, and one thing I have noticed is that defenders are very quick to head the ball behind from a cross ball rather than heading it the opposite direction up the pitch, even in situations where a forward header would be the better option. Now, I'm managing in League 1 in Scotland so the decision making or quality not the same as at higher levels, but I thought I would just point that out. 

FM22 and 23 were way worse in this regard. Almost all matches in FM22  would end up with 20+ combined corners and sometimes 30+. FM23 and FM24 are actually quite a bit better in this regard because wingers don't just always dribble to the byline for a cutback and then get it blocked out into the corner (which is what happens ALOT in FM22)

Edited by Obamayang

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

Just from me, and this isn't to say there aren't issues with interactions or to downplay all the others who have been having issues.

I'm 15 games into a championship season with no badges and sunday league experience and haven't had any revolts yet, either with playtime, teamtalks or depth. I've had some requesting new contracts, but these have all been deserved and got their offers.

Weirdly enough in my second save with PSG I've had zero issues with interactions even got a regular starter to agree to a target, which he narrowly missed out on and I gave him what he wanted anyway and he called me a legend.

But at Barnsley with relevant qualifications and experience I got nothing but grief from word go to the point I quit the save at the end of the season.

SI, may i suggest something. Limit your options for the end-user. Remove 'Extended' highlights and make it 'Comprehensive' only. Make every match in 'Full Detail'. What im trying to say is create 2 modes. 'Hardcore' mode, Comprehensive highlights, full detail... basically you have a beast of a machine, run it. Or have the 'Easy' mode. Detailed highlights and 'basic' details. I think this would make it easier to dicepher what settings the user has and the problems they are experiencing... (had a liquid lunch so if it translates wrong, blame the juice!)

I haven´t finish single season with BVB and I´m already bored with this game. The 2D ME is so repetitive and doesn´t make sense. Woodwork hit every match at least once. Corners to first post are OP. Gameplay is mess, chances are being created after repetitive stupid mistakes when players just got robbed like idiots or pass the ball directly to the opposition player who starts immediately deadly counterattack. I get it that these things happens but when you watch it all over and over again, I question myself why I play this game. And that is only ME, not player interactions, db outside top leagues being incorrect every year,...

I understand it is only beta but not much changed in last few years. Maybe I will try it again because the addiction is certainly a thing but so far I´m just tired to report bugs and tried to change something.

Thank you SI for great memories, especially with old FMs like 2008-2012. I believe the game will have a lot of satisfied players who will enjoy their careers. Good luck!