FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Platinum said:

I disagree, managers often change formation and player roles a lot during real Prem matches. And then season to season formations and play roles are always changing.

You explained it correctly, the core principle should often stay the same, but the specific formations should change.

Yeah... and the only thing that intrigues me is that the AI is clearly equipped with more than 1 formation.. But only uses the first one..

6 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Last season I saw countless times where the AI would field a fringe squad for an earlier round in the (for example) League Cup. 

In my journeyman save last season, my Hibs team played Celtic on the last day of the season, we had already won the league and Celtic fielded a team of almost exclusively young or fringe players for that last game. 

it's undoubtedly true that squad building has been an issue - and my own theory is not the quality of newgens coming through or getting chances, but the over inflated quality of real life players at the start of a save which prevents newgens from having a chance early in the game. The best solution to this would be to drastically decrease the quality of real life players, but people would have meltdowns over this. 

I almost guarantee if you were to holiday your save and start managing in the year 2040, the gameworld would be a lot more balanced, with squads being built properly because there's no real life players getting in the way. 

And that's the biggest challenge SI have with this. 

These are the situations that bother me the most:

4a3ee02d272282c1af5b55e05afe4301.jpg

At which point is PSV going to sub in its best prospects for gametime if it's not happening when they are 4-0 ahead in the 60th minute vs. 10 men?

Edited by diLLa88

10 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

These are the situations that bother me the most:

4a3ee02d272282c1af5b55e05afe4301.jpg

At which point is PSV going to sub in its best prospects for gametime if it's not happening when they are 4-0 ahead in the 60th minute vs. 10 men?

Better raise a bug thread

I notice that others have mentioned the 'Harsh' team talk issue too. Have had a few incidents of this. First one was second game of season when 2-0 down at Home, Playing like Amateurs, Not even had a shot at goal so set the hairdryer loose - End of game and had 8 of the 11 (Not including subs) all moan about a harsh team talk and there is no pleasing them. Another incidence was away versus a rival (Bristol City v Cardiff) and we were again 2-0 down at HT so let the team have it again, ended up losing 3-0 which didn't please me one bit even if I did have the Championship won so let them know in no uncertain terms was that acceptable, again 8 players all angry at my team talk!!! Redonkulous! 

Can I ask those who are maybe a couple of seasons in - Are players still wanting new contracts every year even if they have only signed a new one a year ago? 

23 minutes ago, yoshadii said:

Anybody know how to access the set piece setup after the initial one. When you answer the questions to set up your set pieces. I can’t figure it out or am I missing it. 

Go to any of the situations (corner, Free Kick etc) and either click on the existing routine or add a routine. All the initial setup does is set up a routine, nothing else.

5 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

I dont get it. This has been an issue for years and there are not even attempts to solve it? How should such obvious examples be raised as bugs everytime. Ive been here for years and it feels like were discussing the same things over and over. I know we need bug reports to solve issues, but it feels like nothing is being done.

This was an issue 10 years ago. 5 years ago. 1 year ago. And its still here. Ive seen countless reports and threads over the time and I feel like its not being addressed at all. 

I once again feel like were going in circles and that frustrates me as someone who has been playing since FM06. The lack of competition is showing again. I care little to none about the graphical improvements and new engine if we cannot fix the same issues plaguing FM since years.

Im saying this as a longtime fan, it feels like were heading in the wrong direction year after year. Too much focus on graphical and UI things. Changing things for nothing. Adding more interactions that people do not really care about. Better 3d managers and what not. All of this is not important compared to the core gameplay. This and the youth development bug not being fixed after 2 years almost. 

I respect all the work that SI is putting in, but to see such minor improvement year after year while charging full price because there is no competition is making us fans not happy. 

Went back to FM23, looking in the only save i had from season 1 as well as my most recent save (in 2030) and in both there were a lot more and earlier substitutions than this version. There's definitely sth different now, which in a way i see as a good sign (SI did do sth here, it just isn't working well right now).

Since delegating set piece instructions to my assistant I've gone from having the worst record of conceding from corners in the league to one of the best. I'd rather leave it well alone :lol:

Edited by rdbayly

The Game is Better than Fm23 but that isn't saying much as that game was terrible in my humble opinion. The New Set Piece Creator is more user friendly for newbies if they cant be arsed doing it themselfs and just let the assistant do everything but i fail to see what you can do in the new system that i could'nt do before.....Overall i fail to see whats actually new in this game thats worth talking about. I have asked for a Refund since the full game isn't even out yet and am just playing a Beta so hopefully i get my money back, am more than happy to continue to just play FM22 which is a much better game than FM23 and FM24.

38 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

The Game is Better than Fm23 but that isn't saying much as that game was terrible in my humble opinion. The New Set Piece Creator is more user friendly for newbies if they cant be arsed doing it themselfs and just let the assistant do everything but i fail to see what you can do in the new system that i could'nt do before.....Overall i fail to see whats actually new in this game thats worth talking about. I have asked for a Refund since the full game isn't even out yet and am just playing a Beta so hopefully i get my money back, am more than happy to continue to just play FM22 which is a much better game than FM23 and FM24.

Hmm that doesnt sound good. Im trying to win a FM24 give away hopefully to play it as buying it aint an option for me sadly, although im rly triggered to experience this new game hehe. But i can understand ur vision on it. I also saw transfers like Varane from Man U to a saudi club for 250 million. I mean come on, that doesnt make sense at all! -_- 

Im keeping an eye here to see others experiences on the game, well the early acces ofcourse. Some have been good, some gives u some doubt, like yours. 

1 minute ago, f.zaarour said:

Hmm that doesnt sound good. Im trying to win a FM24 give away hopefully to play it as buying it aint an option for me sadly, although im rly triggered to experience this new game hehe. But i can understand ur vision on it. I also saw transfers like Varane from Man U to a saudi club for 250 million. I mean come on, that doesnt make sense at all! -_- 

Im keeping an eye here to see others experiences on the game, well the early acces ofcourse. Some have been good, some gives u some doubt, like yours. 

Your more than welcome to try the game out for urself, you may think its a good game as this is only my humble opinion, and going on tranfers for a second the latest big buy on my game was Musiala from Bayern to Man City for 256 million then rising to 287 million, am Barcelona and can only dream of paying that for a player.

Love how you can have three attacking swt piece routines at once with variance on importance. Lovely stuff.

I also have the most stupid defensive corner set up (five defenders in box, two edge of area, three forward) and I've conceded from only two corners this season after 27 games.

19 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

Your more than welcome to try the game out for urself, you may think its a good game as this is only my humble opinion, and going on tranfers for a second the latest big buy on my game was Musiala from Bayern to Man City for 256 million then rising to 287 million, am Barcelona and can only dream of paying that for a player.

If it helps mate, I hated FM23 to the point I refunded its Beta. I bought it again earlier this year when on sale, and still bloody hated it. Like actually despised that version with a passion.

I am absolutely bloody loving this year's. Apart from a few bugs, which is to be expected at this point, I'm having a grand old time with it. I'm off work for two weeks, newly single and I've done about 6-8 hours a day since launch. Can't stop.

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, JP_Samurai said:

Hi all, I couldn't find info on which version contains Japanese language option.

On a game site, it showed both global and EU/Europe version of game not explicitly supporting Japanese language option.

Could someone (hopefully staff member) member confirm which versions has Japanese language support please?

Thanks!

All versions have all languages available

I'm generally very pleased with the 3D match experience in FM24. The one thing that is still there that's always been bothering me though is players frequently turning into ghosts and simply moving through others as if they weren't there. Granted, that's not happening in direct duels while the ball is in play, as far as I can tell, but mostly away from the ball or after the whistle, i.e. when coming out to take a throw-in, in the box awaiting corners and free kicks, or walking straight through a player lying on the ground. It's more of a visual annoyance, but it definitely breaks the immersion.

Edited by The Amazing Dale Watkins

9 hours ago, Ronnieekelund said:

Not really everyone has bills to pay even Marco Van Basten. Is he even working at the moment?

He got fired from TV punditry for saying a Nazi phrase on air. Was a pretty big scandal a few years ago.

Probably why he's willing to work for anyone.

Edited by kiwityke1983

5 hours ago, SynergyIso7 said:

Has anyone had success with getting a 1-0 win against tough opposition? The reason I ask is because there seems to be a lot of goals and just wondered if anyone had won a game with their backs against the wall

Yeah I beat Chelsea in the Carabao cup away in a smash and grab 1-0 win. Backs to the wall counter attacking scored about the 60th minute.

(I was league One Barnsley)

Edited by kiwityke1983

In a single player game what is wrong with quality of life features . Such as auto subs . Or auto training that you design so you can design training to to be implement automatically due to certain situations.  And also I thought pick by average rating would have been  a feature years ago . Or even pick by certain attributes . Also player archetypes might be useful 

Edited by tafadzwamanzini

6 hours ago, SynergyIso7 said:

Has anyone had success with getting a 1-0 win against tough opposition? The reason I ask is because there seems to be a lot of goals and just wondered if anyone had won a game with their backs against the wall

I have played the game for 18months now and doing well second in league first season and third at the moment with Hibs. I haven’t ever won a game 1-0 😂 I have had much more 5-2s 6-3s 6-4s though and that’s playing a 4-5-1 formation now. It’s just like basketball. 

I’ve tested preset Gegenpress for 4-5 matches with Palermo in Italian Serie B (no transfers) and frankly it doesn’t appear OP to me. What often happens is that my team starts strong but eventually concedes a lot in the second half of the game… which makes sense, as it’s a very demanding tactic and the players eventually get tired.

I’ve had better success by using it sparingly during a match, and then get back to the vertical tiki-taka preset.

Arabcountries offers to high wages. Nice and all that they are buying players and all but i sold em Soler and he had a 69k per week for me and at Them he got 1m. 

Seems to easy to buy wonderkids just as last game. I could snatch Rico Lewis, Yamal and M Tel for quite low prices.

35 minutes ago, MasterFolke said:

Arabcountries offers to high wages. Nice and all that they are buying players and all but i sold em Soler and he had a 69k per week for me and at Them he got 1m. 

Seems to easy to buy wonderkids just as last game. I could snatch Rico Lewis, Yamal and M Tel for quite low prices.

Thats rly bothering i would see that, dont have fm24 but its weird. Saw also someone sold Varane to a saudi club for 250 mil, man that makes no sense! ITs bs. 

But also with Fm23 i saw things which are so weird. I mean city buys Gvardiol for 90 mil and then they sell them to me for 45 mil a season later. -_- The realism is not rly top notch, and thats a factor which is important for me. 

Do you feel Saudi offers make the game to easy? I feel they need to be toned down a bit. It's to easy getting obscene amounts of money. You want to rebuild? Cool, just sell two of your 31 years old players for 150mil and you're good to go...

11 hours ago, Lempicka said:

He has a net worth of over 15 million Euros. Is he really going to going to settle for £900 a month before tax in League 2?  

Whats Edgar Davids net worth?

100% realism leaves the conversation when you press "start game", as its a game. If a random punter with no coaching badges and no playing experience can take Guardiolas job at Man City, then Van Basten can become DOF at Bradford. 

I've played a full season of the FM24 advanced access now and thought I'd go over my good, the bad and the ugly of it all...

The good

The Match Engine

The best thing about FM24 is far and away the match engine. It is a thing of beauty the way players move and react to players around them. The bounce of the ball is a massive improvement with it taking subtle deflections for the first time ever that I can remember and games just looking and feeling like actual games of football that I would watch every week.

To the point I took over my hometown team and tried to recreate the tactical style and roles we use IRL and the ME is so good this year that not only could I see us scoring and conceding goals I regularly see us doing in real games I also recreated an often heard complaint against us that we have no Plan B especially against sides who sit in a low block and counter attack.

I've also tried a month or two at PSG just to see how it is with a top team and for the first time ever I watched a few games using the data analyst view so I could see how the players moved and I was able to make changes such as telling my IF to sit narrower and they actually did it, which I can't always say has been the case in prior games.

Please do not make any changes to the match engine and ruin it for full release, I personally haven't seen a huge amount of goals except two blow out wins I had as Barnsley.

Set piece creator

Set pieces are something I've never bothered with as the previous set piece creator was awful. This one I've played around with it a little bit and it's a massive improvement. Pretty flexible in how you can setup and with how much or little you need to be involved.

An improvement on previous years with room for improvement still.

The lighting 

Matches actually have a different feel depending on what time of day they take place. I haven't seen any matches that look as good as the bull shots used for advertising but certainly there's a huge difference between a 3pm kick off at Oakwell and Champions league match at where ever PSG play.

The skin

I really like the skin this year far more pleasing on the eye than last year.

The bad

Player interactions

Oh good lord to say this was a main headline feature that these were fixed...they are worse than ever. Every single player seems willing to lose his mind over the slightest of provocations and about half the time with zero provocations even! Just the worst part of the game has somehow gotten even worse. The constant moaning does my head in and actually put me off continuing as Barnsley after a single season. I had two squad revolts over squad depth, both times I couldn't resolve it by actually strengthening the squad. Players averaging below a 6 in training still not accepting criticism. One player got a hattie and a 10 out of 10, I praise him he says we have different standards for what is good or words to those effects...erm yeah I can't see how you can play any better you numpty! I couldn't get a single player not even youth players to accept a single target either! It's tedious, it's boring to deal with and often it makes almost no logical sense still. Just awful.

Set piece goals

There or so many set piece goals its unbelievable. Mainly though my biggest gripe here are the numerous goals that come about from secondary or tertiary attacks from a set piece. So for example the ball gets cleared and the defenders all seem to just stand like absolute lemons as the attacking side pass the ball to someone stood in acres of space and they have a free run on goal and score, or pass to someone who scores. I think these kinds of goals happen way, way too much. I've seen maybe 50 of them both for and against me.

The ugly

The bounce of the ball off keepers looks ridiculous at times. I think it's an animation problem where the keeper looks like he would just catch it IRL, but the ball bounces off him at a weird angle and goes for a corner. It really sticks out this year due to the vast improvement in ball bounce elsewhere on the pitch.

Overall

I haven't gotten far enough to make my mind up about squad building etc, but I did notice in cup competitions such as the carabao that teams in higher leagues would make 9-10 changes against me.

For me its all about the ME and if it looks like a game of football and does what I ask of it when I make tactical decisions and this year it does so I'm delighted overall with FM24 so far, just don't ruin the ME for full release whatever you do.

On 19/10/2023 at 21:37, Smallen said:

Another really fun goal with some cool new animations. Really liked Anderson's first touch and the directness of Murphy as the winger (attack), who you can now give the cuts inside instruction to!

Really enjoying positional play as well with the inverted full back playing exactly as I'd expect. For once my box to box midfielder feels genuinely box-to-box too!

I notice little things like players pointing/organising off the ball after passing the ball to someone else for example. Such a good touch of realism.

8 hours ago, DS7 said:

Why is Paul Pogba not in the game?? It isn't a Greenwood situation. Just because there's a investigation going it shouldn't mean that the guy gets erased from the game.

He's been suspended until there's a definitive ruling handed out by the anti-doping body. As he's unable to play during this time he has not been included in the game. 

53 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

There or so many set piece goals its unbelievable. Mainly though my biggest gripe here are the numerous goals that come about from secondary or tertiary attacks from a set piece

Just have a player or 2 at the edge of the box

This is the second time that both my first choice and backup goalkeepers have been struck down with long-term injuries at exactly the same time. I accept that keepers have been too bullet proof in the past, but when SI implement a change, all too often the pendulum swings too violently toward the other extreme. That's my chances of the title probably gone.

image.thumb.png.3451aa838cc5198254a0abe1713e01a6.png

Edited by rdbayly

9 hours ago, SynergyIso7 said:

Don't know if it counts but I managed to scrape a 1-0 as Rangers away to Benfica, they were all over us and I'm still not sure how we stole it especially consider I only managed to hold them to a 2-2 draw at Ibrox. 

10 hours ago, iAlwaysWin said:

You will get a refund. You can play as much as you want during the beta period and then refund it on Steam. I did the same last year. It was the worst version in a while imo.

I was not going to get this year's but was sold on the improved AI and squad building. However it doesn't seem to be any different sadly. So contemplating refunding too 

1 hour ago, metal_guitarist said:

He's been suspended until there's a definitive ruling handed out by the anti-doping body. As he's unable to play during this time he has not been included in the game. 

Ivan Toney is still in the game, through a ban. Adrian Mutu was still in the game, for a whopping ban. Multiple, countless others.

This doesn’t make sense.

19 minutes ago, trevjim said:

You will get a refund. You can play as much as you want during the beta period and then refund it on Steam. I did the same last year. It was the worst version in a while imo.

I was not going to get this year's but was sold on the improved AI and squad building. However it doesn't seem to be any different sadly. So contemplating refunding too 

Thanks for the info, I might refund as well.

3 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Ivan Toney is still in the game, through a ban. Adrian Mutu was still in the game, for a whopping ban. Multiple, countless others.

This doesn’t make sense.

If I'm not mistaken, those ban had clear end dates. Pogba hasn't gotten an end date yet, but when it happens, I'm certain he will be back with the correct end date when his doping case has been concluded.