FM24

Kloppy

1 minute ago, SazoJohnno said:

Yes, you can carry over your save from FM23 over to FM24 however some certain features will not be available if you use your save from FM23. 

I dont talk about save game. I talk about data base when start new game in FM 2024 will be able to run player attributes that i set in Fm 2023 in this database

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, agoran said:

I dont talk about save game. I talk about data base when start new game in FM 2024 will be able to run player attributes that i set in Fm 2023 in this database

Ah, I am not quite sure in that case. But I'd assume that you might have to start over again. 

17 minutes ago, agoran said:

Again they didnt separate with ball and without tactic and they talk about real thing, tactic is most important thing they do wrong and dont care. I talk about this 4 years..look City with and without ball tactic... this in FM is not possible

They’ve said multiple times they’re not bringing WIBWOB back

1 hour ago, DarJ said:

I think possession will be the meta for this year just from the clips. There was not a single long ball from back to front like you had in FM23 for no reason. The teams seemed to hold on to the ball longer when no one is pressuring them. I’m curious to see how this will translate to the lower divisions 

I'm sure they curated clips from the game that highlighted the feature they were showing. Also seemed like they picked Man City v Stratford SI Purple in a few clips. I'd hope in lower leagues (not that I have time to play those anymore) would have more hoofs just from TIs/PIs and the new player movement puts more emphasis on the mental attributes. 

That'd have a fun impact on people only signing wonderkids instead of prime-aged players at the top level too.

18 minutes ago, ElJuanvito said:

What features?

"Note that there are a couple of things not possible with transferred save games unfortunately. The first is FM24 achievements (trophies on PS5), which you’ll need to start a new career to accomplish. You also won’t be able to watch replays of matches played in FM23, as these aren’t carried across when converting."

From: https://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-2024-feature-rollout-and-new-partnerships

Justo ahora, dan99 dijo:

"Note that there are a couple of things not possible with transferred save games unfortunately. The first is FM24 achievements (trophies on PS5), which you’ll need to start a new career to accomplish. You also won’t be able to watch replays of matches played in FM23, as these aren’t carried across when converting."

From: https://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-2024-feature-rollout-and-new-partnerships

So, nothing important, at least so far. Thanks.

43 minutes ago, agoran said:

Again they didnt separate with ball and without tactic and they talk about real thing, tactic is most important thing they do wrong and dont care. I talk about this 4 years..look City with and without ball tactic... this in FM is not possible

Well there's always CM 01/02 

41 minutes ago, agoran said:

You could just load up FM23 with your db and then save the game after you've loaded your leagues then load up FM24...

Or once full game is out just use the FM23 db in the FM24 editor.

• SI Staff
56 minutes ago, agoran said:

Will it be possible to load data base from 2023? Because I spend 20 hours to set real attributes to players... so it will be possible thi or not?

If you are refering to editor files you have made, then yes -  you've been able to use editor files from previous veersions for sometime now. I think you might have to re-verify the file in the fm24 editor perhaps (or that might just be for league rules)

40 minutes ago, EdL said:

If you are refering to editor files you have made, then yes -  you've been able to use editor files from previous veersions for sometime now. I think you might have to re-verify the file in the fm24 editor perhaps (or that might just be for league rules)

But then will be all transfers like in real life done when i verify?

• SI Staff
Just now, agoran said:

But then will be all transfers like in real life done when i verify?

it really depends what changes you have made, if you are just editing attributes etc it should have no affect on transfers

I am lost for words. Thank you SI for listening to our feedback/requests. 

The new roles, and the way existing roles move to accommodate the movement of other players is just what I wanted to hear from this preview.

DM dropping to the side to form a back 3? Check.

Fullback forming a back 3, acting as a 3rd CB? Check.

John Stones role? Check.

I love the new movement animations as well, especially when a player starts to run from a standstill. It finally resembles something somewhat realistic :D 

The lighting and the textures finally look like a large improvement over the past few years, and honestly I'm very happy with those.

Can't wait to actually play this.

2 hours ago, agoran said:

SI clearly don't like micro tweaking of a tactic, which is why we also lost sliders, position arrows, and player roles were locked down. I'm sure realism comes into their thinking but it's also noticeable how FM doesn't really suffer from outright broken tactics as much these days, even if there still a meta.

The blog outlines a new role designed to make City's tactic possible in FM. Player roles and mentalities are now supposed to be the on the ball/off the ball instructions

Edited by Dotsworthy

7 hours ago, Jonthedon26 said:

It's interesting how different people's thought processes work! I am by no means saying that what you said is not true or incorrect, as it is obviously what you deem the most important thing, however for me the whole point of the game is almost everything but the matches (how I view them anyway). The last few years due to time constraints I have played commentary only and I think I have a lot more fun than most people on the forums. I enjoy all the other side of things, tactics, stats, transfers, squad building etc. I try to judge how my tactics are working by the stats I see rather than the on field representation. Obviously everyone is different and someone, like yourself, sees it completely the opposite, which is absolutely fine, I just find it interesting how different people can have completely different views. Maybe it is because I grew up playing manager games with terrible or no match engines/graphics, and to this day I still enjoy a lot of manager games with rubbish or no engines/graphics such as Out of the Park baseball, Draft Day Sports basketball/football and World of Mixed Martial Arts.

Oh for sure, different strokes for different folks. To be clear, I am not asking for better graphics, I am asking for a better representation of the match engine, so I can react as a manager. A good example is the bad defending that has plagued the series for a while now, its explained that the reason your top class Centerback runs to a ball, stops and looks at it while the opposing ST runs up, takes it and scores, is that there is something happening in the match engine, that the graphics engine cannot show. That is ridiculous to me.

I don't need it to be pretty, just need it to be connected  to the match engine.

I have absolutely no confidence in things like dynamic potential or improved AI squad building - these have been headline features before, and probably will be again.

But an inverted fullback, a libero in a back four, and player roles in general taking the context of your overall tactic into account? Now I'm excited!

10 hours ago, teej9 said:

ts explained that the reason your top class Centerback runs to a ball, stops and looks at it while the opposing ST runs up, takes it and scores, is that there is something happening in the match engine, that the graphics engine cannot show.

Tbf this almost sounds like a bug, in most cases I do find my teams defending well unless I am going through a phase when they all want to leave the club. Then I start seeing really bad behavior on the pitch. Things like standing still and not doing anything does sound more like a bug than a match engine event.

5 hours ago, Choi seung won said:

The most impressive thing about the new match engine is that wingers can finally be positioned close to the sideline. Even in Pep's tactics, you can see that the wingers stay close to the sideline. 

This has been a thing since Pep's Barca, and especially at Bayern in his first year, he frequently had Robben and Ribery high and on the touchline making runs in behind. This is impossible to replicate in the match engine, it's about time we were able to do this. I'm not holding my breath though.

To be fair to SI that is maybe the most comprehensive feature announcement in many a year.

The tactical stuff is exactly the sort of thing long overdue, here's hoping it works as advertised. Would say though, as a couple of others have mentioned, quite disappointed if this doesn't (yet again) include a fundamental reworking of goalkeepers and the possibilities for them to join in with possession. I know this requires getting it right and so it doesn't lead to frequent Match Engine howlers, but changes to how the GK works has been needed for about a decade plus now (it's been that long since you saw eg. Valdes and Neuer in the mainstream acting virtually as outfield players) and is one of the biggest oversights of the game tbh.

The motion capture/physics/mechanics look massively improved. Not perfect of course, but on first look that's like a generational leap overnight and at last something resembling actual people playing actual football. Might even tempt me to give a chance to something other than 2d mode.... 

5 hours ago, Choi seung won said:

The most impressive thing about the new match engine is that wingers can finally be positioned close to the sideline. Even in Pep's tactics, you can see that the wingers stay close to the sideline. 

They'd be as well changing the name of the game to 'Manchester City Manager' as everything that's changing in the tactics is revolved around one club. 

15 hours ago, teej9 said:

Oh for sure, different strokes for different folks. To be clear, I am not asking for better graphics, I am asking for a better representation of the match engine, so I can react as a manager. A good example is the bad defending that has plagued the series for a while now, its explained that the reason your top class Centerback runs to a ball, stops and looks at it while the opposing ST runs up, takes it and scores, is that there is something happening in the match engine, that the graphics engine cannot show. That is ridiculous to me.

I don't need it to be pretty, just need it to be connected  to the match engine.

Ye absolutely, 100% get what you are saying. I guess that is where I am lucky in the fact that I avoid all of that stuff just doing commentary only! It's a shame though for all those that do want to watch the matches play out, hopefully they get it fixed in the next couple of editions!

On 28/09/2023 at 11:19, Dagenham_Dave said:

They'd be as well changing the name of the game to 'Manchester City Manager' as everything that's changing in the tactics is revolved around one club. 

I think this is a very narrow way of viewing it. People have been asking for a while for a role where your FB becomes a 3rd CB when in possession and also the defensive midfielder dropping at the right or left side of the defence during the first build up phase. Teams have been doing this for a while now so it’s not something new or exclusive to Manchester City

On 28/09/2023 at 11:19, Dagenham_Dave said:

Maybe from how it's being marketed, but the inverted fullback has been badly needed for years for those of us interested in recreating Zona Mista styles going back to the 80s. The Half back going to the sides is common among all sides that operate with a double pivot. The Libero should never have been locked to CCB in the first place, and wrong side wingers holding width has been around for a couple of decades at least.

These changes are very, very welcome. I guess keeping up the pretense that Pep invented football is just expected to help sell more games?

1 hour ago, DarJ said:

I think this is a very narrow way of viewing it. People have been asking for a while for a role where your FB becomes a 3rd CB when in possession and also the defensive midfielder dropping at the right or left side of the defence during the first build up phase. Teams have been doing this for a while now so it’s not something new or exclusive to Manchester City

To add to this the first coach to use the IWB wasn’t even Pep.

Yep, another great addition, particularly as you can leave your set piece coaches to do everything themselves, and they will be dynamic about based on different factors. As long as the AI making the decisions isn't borked, this is a game changer for me, as I don't go near set pieces at the moment, as I have little interest in that side of the game, but always feel as though I should be doing more. Now I don't have to. 

This is shaping up to be quite a game if everything they have announced works as planned. I really hope one of the QOL additions is a fix to the squad planner, as that was my favourite new feature last year, but it just wasn't implemented well enough. Fix that in addition with all the other stuff, and I'm a happy man. 

On 27/09/2023 at 20:55, EdL said:

Verifying is just for league rules indeed.

Data edits might throw up some errors though if you made a change that is different between the FM23 and FM24 database, but they should work without much issue after loading and saving them in the editor.

11 minutes ago, Socerer 01 said:

Seeing Ivan be the name of the regen coach in the feature blog is already making me worried :D

This comment reminds me of a comment I saw on social media from one of the match engine promos where someone complained the linesman had the flag in the wrong hand :lol:

6 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Have to admit that the quality of life announcement is the one I'm most looking forward to 

Tend to agree. It’s where the best stuff normally lives IMO. The little things that you didn’t even know you needed

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

If they had a stat which told you which teams were best at counter attacking from corners (for example, goals scored within 40 seconds of an opposition's corner being taken) that would be great in order to tailor your set up defending on opponent.

Or perhaps "Average time taken to produce a shot on target after opposition set piece"?

I'm amazed that after years of incremental changes, FM '24 actually sounds like it's implementing a lot of useful changes.  Is this just part of the transition to whatever FM '25 is supposed to become?  It feels like it's a way to gin up support for the changes that are coming next year.  Either way, I welcome these changes.  Though I still hope too much isn't dedicated to women's football in '25.  Beyond the initial "let's check this out!", we all know it's barely going to be used.

2 hours ago, ScotchWhisky said:

Beyond the initial "let's check this out!", we all know it's barely going to be used.

I'd say that it's a mystery why people are so desperate to show off how little they care, but...well, it's not is it?  Being personally uninterested in it I can understand.  Being so desperate to extrapolate that out into saying how uninterested everyone else will be seems like you're just, as they say, telling on yourself.

But as a result, I hope they spend all their time on it given the tizzy some will get in over it.

Really liking the look of this year’s game. My final wish is to fix the fitness levels during club World Cup /international competitions. I think international football can be completely revamped but that would have been a headline feature so will settle for just fixing the fitness levels 

Edited by Colonel Tigh