Match 5: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia - LIVE on ITV1 (10am GMT) from Lusail Iconic Stadium

Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Have you ever watched South American qualifiers? Every match has the intensity of a big club derby game.

Don’t disagree with that. But the change to the calendar is bound to have an impact. They’ve gone from being able to play the likes of France and Germany and Spain and England and Italy maybe once every 3-6 months. Now they can only do it once or twice in a four year cycle.

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Have you ever watched South American qualifiers? Every match has the intensity of a big club derby game.

People making conclusions after 45 minutes is hillarious.

Apparently Brazil is the favorite, but Argentina that won the Copa at Maracana against them is bad.

Hot take artists.

I really brought this upon myself. :D

I'm not even watching the game :D

just saying, i don't think their squad is that good. How on earth does Otamendi start and Argentina be considered one of the favs ffs :lol:

Just now, JD nawrat said:

just saying, i don't think their squad is that good. How on earth does Otamendi start and Argentina be considered one of the favs ffs :lol:

They don't appear to have as much attacking depth as I thought they did tbh. But tbf my player knowledge isn't what it used to be. But then again Di Maria is a starter...

Just now, JD nawrat said:

But over the past 3 years they steadily improved and their teamplay was way better than any other team.

It's a short, NT tournament. Always about being solid as a team and having a few class individuals to create goals out of nothing.

England has Maguire starting, Portugal has 40 years old Pepe, France has washed up Lloris, Brazil's backline is old and washed up, Germany has a couple of anonymous defender to the continental audience, Spain's is also unimpressive.