Match 5: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia - LIVE on ITV1 (10am GMT) from Lusail Iconic Stadium

Coulthard's Jaw

Argentina

It's Messi time! Surely his last World Cup, this is a good Argentina team, could this be the ultimate end to his career?

Responsible for this great World Cup goal

Saudi Arabia

For once, not the worst country competing at the World Cup. Will have plenty of support. Have qualified from the group stage on one occasion, 1994. Best player is probably Salem Al Dawsari.

They are also responsible for one of the iconic World Cup goals

TV Coverage

Woodsy presenting with little Joe Cole, Souness and Keane. Commentary from Matterface and Dixon :( 

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All about Messi this morning. 

Becomes the four player to play at five different World Cups, after Antonio Carbajal (1950-1966), Lothar Matthaus (1982-1998) and Rafael Marquez (2002-2018).

He failed to score at WC2010 so he can't score at five World Cups... although Cristiano Ronaldo can do this later in the week.

However, Messi is the only player at this tournament that can surpass Lothar Matthaus's all-time record of 25 WC appearances.

Just now, TM said:

Gabriel Clarke has lasted a long time on ITV hasn't he, I remember him being the reporter for Saint and Greavsie when I was younger :D

Apparently he is a respected documentary maker now and just does the tournament stuff for ITV.

Boulting also says he's by far the best at those features nobody cares about before the game :D

2 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

I'm sure she's Woodsy on the darts.

Yeah, Woodsy's mainly a darts thing. Probably won't do darts anymore now she's let Sky, though. :(

Anyway... my favourites to win the World Cup, against probably the worst team at the World Cup.

Could get Messi. Argentina to win 4-0.

Argentina's problem in recent years for the World Cup has been their defence, there is still flaws in that back 4 but I wouldn't say it's as bad as it was years ago

the attack will score goals though, quite interested to see how Martinez does if they can create the chances for him in this tournament