Match 2: England vs Iran - BBC1 1pm GMT live from the Khalifa International Stadium

Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the only rationale (other than incompetence or corruption) I can think of is that for the Maguire one he wasn't going to get near the ball anyway so the foul didn't affect the game.  You can say that's not how the rules work but it's how a lot of refs choose to referee.

This one, the "foul" may have prevented the player from reaching the ball, so it's given.

Grappling someone to the ground off the ball with no intention of anything but to pull them down is fine.

Touching someone’s shirt which had barely any effect on the situation but the person fell down like it did? THATS WRONG. PENALTY. 

Just now, martinji said:

the only rationale (other than incompetence or corruption) I can think of is that for the Maguire one he wasn't going to get near the ball anyway so the foul didn't affect the game.  You can say that's not how the rules work but it's how a lot of refs choose to referee.

This one, the "foul" may have prevented the player from reaching the ball, so it's given.

What about Maguire being in a position for a second phase of play? He can’t now, he’s been fouled to the ground.

You can’t two foot someone off the ball, why should you be able to foul in a different manner off the ball? 

1 minute ago, Ty said:

What about Maguire being in a position for a second phase of play? He can’t now, he’s been fouled to the ground.

You can’t two foot someone off the ball, why should you be able to foul in a different manner off the ball? 

yeah I'm not saying I agree with it, I think the Maguire one should have been a pen.  Just that it's the only possible rationale I could think of.

1 minute ago, enigmatic said:

Don't need to worry about VAR if we score six :D 

Second time England have ever scored six in a World Cup, both under the MoSt BoRiNg MaNaGeR eVeR

More a reflection on how more **** teams qualify now, rather a plus for Gareth

1 minute ago, pearcey_90 said:

Fun and games throwing beer when it's 25+ degrees and your in a t-shirt, but in winter with a coat on... I'd be proper pissed off.

Anyone throwing beer in celebration to go 4-0/5-1/6-1 up is clearly a massive **** anyway, debatable enough for a big goal but nevermind in that kind of situation.

6 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

Don't need to worry about VAR if we score six :D 

Second time England have ever scored six in a World Cup, both under the MoSt BoRiNg MaNaGeR eVeR

That’s mostly because he’s a jammy bastard that gets **** easy draws tbf.

4 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I guess there won't be any topics for upcoming matches since England already lifted the trophy?

There are also only two threads for teams: Brazil and England 

I do think Bellingham has really benefitted from going to Germany, not only because of the different coaching style but also because he's completing the most important part of his development somewhat out of the eye of the English media. He doens't have all that attention thrust upon him like others in the Premier League get.