*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, anagain said:

I was quite positive in a post a few hours ago. I meant it.

I've played one more game this evening. We lost, and that does result in a bit more negativity. I try to be constructive though, and there are things I noticed.

I'll start by sayng I watched Zealand's impressions video around the end of beta time. He was talking about the defensive issues in the game and suggested that it looked like it was a case of the pace of players not being properly represented by the graphics engine. Instead of chasing the opponent at a relative pace they look like they're stood still because that is how the graphics engine represents them not able to keep up.

After watching some moments of my latest match I think he is on to something

I have seen what looks like this with strikers not lacthing on to balls in to the area. In FM22 they would have been on that ball in an instant.

I don't think it's only that. I do think there is a case for my player's balls in to the box not being good enough and also a lack of instinct from my forwards.

I didn't really even see it with balls over the top that much, but I see it with defenders too. I do generally find my defenders win most balls over the top but often seem to dawdle in other situations.

It is hard to say for certain from one or two games.

I'm sure SI have some good data. They have tried to tune this once but caused different issues. We just have to trust them to find a middle ground.

Still enjoying the game. Actually very realistic that I just got sucker punched by a team sitting deep and breaking. Just annoying it was a player giving the ball away for one goal and poor defending from a corner for second. Was never long balls over top.

Didn't realise how much I'd posted in this thread...I lead a boring life...

Exactly what it is a representation of the result already calculated.  Its not FIFA its Football Manager.  The 3D represents the result calculated but the fact the defender stands still just means his pace isn't up to that if the attacker. If the 3D showed him trying to run after the ball or the attackerat a slower rate we wouldn't be having this conversation. 

18 hours ago, Caletti said:

In my opinion, ME has great potential, but at this point, the game is unplayable because of the defenders' mistakes. Last year there was a bug with too much passing accuracy and the SI couldn't fix it. I am afraid that this year will be similar and we will be left with mistakes in the defensive game.

What is most sad, no one from SI informs us at what stage the work on the patch is. I am very disappointed this year.

So mistakes shouldn't happen ? . I dont agree as I think the ME is really good and just needs some tweeking . Also noticed that playing lower leagues or a bad team leads to more mistakes.  

3 hours ago, prot651 said:

So mistakes shouldn't happen ? . I dont agree as I think the ME is really good and just needs some tweeking . Also noticed that playing lower leagues or a bad team leads to more mistakes.  

Of course they should happen but not the same repetitive one which doesn´t reflect tactic and the player and his traits. 

17 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

Mid season 1.. super high values for players.. i just not get it! and the SI team telling me its not a bug, how???

image.png.ab194118bdd1b388fa24849cb6a51976.pngimage.png.aae9854c2842279dec86c193069c1941.pngimage.png.a1c1c4a3d873eaa0749c64244cf2ab6d.png

This is so incredibly stupid. In reality only MAYBE asking price for Vinicus Junior would be this high. All other players would be sold for much less money. I can't believe they allowed this to happen in the game.

i'm sick of being done by a simple ball over centre backs who just stand there and watch whilst it floats over their heads and don't even make an attempt to head it. sometimes can happen twice a game and cost me, even with a deeper line when i'm trying to close the game out. How did this slip through testing?

Its very bizarre that my old computer is giving me smooth 3d experience in fm 2023. I was in trouble to play fm 2022 with lots of lags. As far as ı understood all ı did was nothing to play smooth game, all is on the hands of SI. Apart from it , I dont feel that ı can manage my team. They do not care my instructions. I just grab my popcorn and watching the games :) Waiting for march to play the game alongside last update.

On 08/11/2022 at 08:14, Meraklija Vujevic said:

match engine is in happy state

Is this a joke!

I don't know why my previous posts replying to Zlatko's message were removed but I just like to say that I concur entirely with Zlatko.

And I'd just like to note that if a moderator removes my post can then at least clarify a reason in the PM to me regarding the reasoning.

The match engine in the current state is sad sad sad disaster imo and thats a very soft way of putting it

Am I allowed to ask the question within this thread, around what are the general thoughts and opinions of FM23 so far? I'd love to see a round-up of the most common opinions given both positive and negative.

Thanks all! 

In a full time team talk in the game that all but confirms your relegation, it is a sign of poor attention to detail that you are able to tell your players that although they lost that day, if they keep playing like that they will be fine.

They will not be fine, as they have been relegated. 

Edited by Christmas

Weird manager movements still going on. Guardiola left (not sacked) Man City at the end of the 2022/23 season without moving to another club - fair enough, maybe some code triggered a 'new challenge' resignation. However, the team he's gone to for the start of the 2023/24 season is Chelsea who finished 3 places lower than City.  If he'd moved to another league it could be rationalised, but to leave for a team lower in the same league makes no sense when that team does not have greater prospects than the one he left.

Edited by rp1966

Dont ask me how I found this out but if you have multiple human managers in a single player game, then at full time in one game you can give a full-time team talk congratulating your players on staying up, only for them to be relegated by the result in another human game which hasn't happened yet.

Less of an issue than the absolute myriad of other bugs, given how unrealistic/unusual/unjustifiable the circumstances are, but it still strikes me as evidence of an absence of attention to detail.

5 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

Weird manager movements still going on. Guardiola left (not sacked) Man City at the end of the 2022/23 season without moving to another club - fair enough, maybe some code triggered a 'new challenge' resignation. However, the team he's gone to for the start of the 2023/24 season is Chelsea who finished 3 places lower than City.  If he'd moved to another league it could be rationalised, but to leave for a team lower in the same league makes no sense when that team does not have greater prospects than the one he left.

To me, Man City and Chelsea look the same in terms of prospects. It's not like he's gone to West Ham. Also, there aren't that many places that Pep could possibly go to as he'd definitely not go to a team without money. What's left, Real Madrid???

I think he's going to Chelsea as a "new challenge" to see what all the fuss about Sterling is about! :D

38 minutes ago, Petros7 said:

To me, Man City and Chelsea look the same in terms of prospects. It's not like he's gone to West Ham. Also, there aren't that many places that Pep could possibly go to as he'd definitely not go to a team without money. What's left, Real Madrid???

PSG seem like the obvious one, or a second act at Barcelona.  My question, I suppose, is whether he took a pay cut to go to Chelsea.

3 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

Agree.. sadly this is the scenario over and over again 

There is a simple solution to expand the time of having a fully developed game to 1 year, just buy it in April. The sad thing is just that a lot users are loosing interest after buying a game, wrongfully expecting it to work. I have just said goodbye to this kind of Idea. It is a little bit like buying your new winter-shoes at the end of winter, let me tell you, there is always a new seasons.

19 hours ago, (sic) said:

Best ME ever made imo. I'm not seeing any issues, therefore it must be your tactics. /s

spacer.png

Goes for it, then changes his mind, then goes for it again, then changes his mind again. Just lets the striker score. Amazing stuff, even that through ball might be offside.

Miles offside.

2 hours ago, Petros7 said:

I think he's going to Chelsea as a "new challenge" to see what all the fuss about Sterling is about! :D

Two things that bug me about the game making this move  - one, he finished 2nd behind Liverpool 2022/23 and Chelsea 5th giving only Europa League next season. So, a move to a lesser team in the same league.  It would have made sense if he'd gone to PSG or a national team, but also odd to resign at the end of the season to no job, only to immediately jump to Chelsea at the start of the next season.  If you resign to no job as an elite manager, surely it's with a plan to take half a season or so out of the game.

At least it isn't the usual ludicrous Pep to Liverpool; Klopp to City swap that used to happen all the time in FM22. So there is that.

6 hours ago, cpfcrebel said:

Anyone else constantly having clubs offer to loan your players that aren't even listed, whilst contributing 0 to 10% in wage contributions and minimal monthly fees? Honestly bizarre. 

Carryover problem from FM2022.  Are they also offering Fringe Player status?

Player interactions on this game are what let it down for me. They moan about absolutely everything. Not playing enough, not getting payed enough, not being played as a Libero, a fringe player not getting a new contract. Asking for a move and getting the hump when he is offered out. It drives me mad :seagull:

Have to admit i am having great fun recently as i have accepted i can't play the controlled style i wan't. The defending is an absolute shambles - it's not possible to keep scores down so i just turn matches into basketball games and try and outgun the opposition now. Even in games where you have limited the opposition and are winning comfortably by 3 or 4 goals, they will score late on by pouring 16 people forward next goal is the winner roy of the rovers style.  I have stopped caring about the catastrophic defending. You see highlights and you can tell the opposition is going to ping it over the top misjudged by everyone or the goal keeper rushes out but the opposition striker misses an open goal if you are lucky you can laugh at it.

Edited by qwertygod

1 hour ago, wicksyFM said:

Player interactions on this game are what let it down for me. They moan about absolutely everything. Not playing enough, not getting payed enough, not being played as a Libero, a fringe player not getting a new contract. Asking for a move and getting the hump when he is offered out. It drives me mad :seagull:

That's why I didn't buy 23.

1 hour ago, wicksyFM said:

yeah ts even worse this year..

-"gov, i want to play more"

- "you're right, you deserve more playtime, i promise to play you more" * plays him in the next match, 3 days later

-"gov, im gonna consider my options at the end ofmy contract, which is still 18 months"

35 minutes ago, qwertygod said:

Have to admit i am having great fun recently as i have accepted i can't play the controlled style i wan't. The defending is an absolute shambles - it's not possible to keep scores down so i just turn matches into basketball games and try and outgun the opposition now. Even in games where you have limited the opposition and are winning comfortably by 3 or 4 goals, they will score late on by pouring 16 people forward next goal is the winner roy of the rovers style.  I have stopped caring about the catastrophic defending. You see highlights and you can tell the opposition is going to ping it over the top misjudged by everyone or the goal keeper rushes out but the opposition striker misses an open goal if you are lucky you can laugh at it.

I am glad you are having fun, but FM is further away from real football than ever

3 minutes ago, Bakiano said:

This needs also a change, when you got a player on loan with option or obligation to buy.

196633214_BakirDjulic_Inbox-2.png.9add18294fd099c5321c3b83310b5ce6.png

Okay, Max. :D 829054809_BakirDjulic_Inbox-3.png.92e6751b0584ff346a7171396d68cd88.png

I absolutely know someone will be along here shortly to tell us it's not an annoying disconnect in the game but is happening because the Juve DOF hasn't told Allegri about the clause.......

5 hours ago, albertocerdeira.4 said:

I arrived in a single game save to summer 2030 with Nottingham Forest and I am almost done with this game. It's the worst in years. 

- The ME is awful, half of goals are product of horrible mistakes like defenders giving the ball to the rival and not running in long balls. So annoying to see how forwards of 10 speed are constantly surpasing in long balls my defenders with 17 speed. 

- I was very insistent with this, but it's a disgrace to see the squads of the Nationals Teams in 2030 World Cup. Most of players at their 30's and no new player in most of squad. You had a good balance in this previous to FM21, don't know what the hell did you do, but you killed long term viability of saves. I don't have words to describe how annoying this is considering this has being in the game since FM21

- Regens/newgens with "strange attributes". For years has been impossible to get a Full back with +13 crossing and to get center backs that pays well the ball and are good at aerial attributes. Not fixing this is a sign of laziness, disrespect to all the fans that have been playing the game for years, and a lot of things that I dont want to say to not get banned.

- The scouting system is ruined, if you scout a guy you still get "Scout report ended" for many times in a year. Another sign of unexistent testing.

I could continue with this for hours, but it's as simple as going to this thread and the bug tracker to see how broken it's the game nowadays. Can't understand how there is people defending SI when SI releases games with known issues for years that ruins our experience. 

On the other side, SI is selling more than ever, so I guess their strategy is working. But the product is unfinished, with an evident lack of testing and with many bugs that make the game unplayable.

Congrats SI

I am an old player returning to the game and i am looking for longevity in the game i buy. Do you suggest fm20 or fm21 for this??

Where has the squad depth screen gone?

I used to use this a lot to assess ......guess it....the depth of my squad. 

In squad planner there is a screen which sort of resembles it, but it is much inferior. Am I missing something ?

4 minutes ago, Womaz said:

Where has the squad depth screen gone?

I used to use this a lot to assess ......guess it....the depth of my squad. 

In squad planner there is a screen which sort of resembles it, but it is much inferior. Am I missing something ?

Squad depth is gone.

1 hour ago, eXistenZ said:

yeah ts even worse this year..

-"gov, i want to play more"

- "you're right, you deserve more playtime, i promise to play you more" * plays him in the next match, 3 days later

-"gov, im gonna consider my options at the end ofmy contract, which is still 18 months"

Players considering their options at the end of contracts seems like something new? It may have just been the clubs I've managed in FM22 or how I managed them but I very rarely if ever had situations where players ran down their deal.

The problem is it seems way too hyperactive and there's no way of being able to try to convince the player otherwise. Also, clubs already seem to know when players intend to run down their deal, so it's impossible to sell them. Infuriating.

I dont necessarily have a problem with players running down their contract, as it is realistic. However 18 months in advance is too much, it should be hardcoded to a year.

That it happens 3 days after wanting more gametime and a promise being made is what really annoys me.

The set piece designer is even more of a mess than before.

So I have tactics a 343 and 4231 both with their own specific sets of set pieces saved and attached to each tactic. Swap between them and suddenly my AF stays back and my WB or FB is staying back on the half way line for corners. How hard is it to keep DR/DL and WBR/WBL recognised as similar positions and not swap with a striker?

Bad enough that when I swap between tactics my AML swaps with a DM when I switch tactics in formation but a complete joke that saved tactic set pieces swap players around.

IDK if this is a bug or it's supposed to be like this but I have one of my youth intake players promoted to the senior squad, it's a player who came through a season ago, so in his player history there's just two seasons he exists in the game but the player doesn't have homegrown status neither of trained by the club or trained in england? I know there's a rule of minimum 3 years training with the club/country but he is a product of my youth academy and is englis, born in england. He should surely have a status of a player trained in england,no?

6 hours ago, HighFlyingDwarf said:

Players considering their options at the end of contracts seems like something new? It may have just been the clubs I've managed in FM22 or how I managed them but I very rarely if ever had situations where players ran down their deal.

The problem is it seems way too hyperactive and there's no way of being able to try to convince the player otherwise. Also, clubs already seem to know when players intend to run down their deal, so it's impossible to sell them. Infuriating.

Sometimes, a player would say that but when I offer him a contract he would accept. So maybe they do not always go on a free.