*Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

15 minutes ago, anagain said:

I know I'm busy but I'm going to bed after i write this post.

Please tell me the game has an option to see past conversations with players again.

This is an option that was removed from the game a few FMs ago, for some crazy reason. I talk to my players but I don't have the memory of an elephant. I'm old and so I have the memory of a goldfish. I can't instantly remember when I had conversations with my each member of my squad of 25+ players.

If I have told a player he's not playing well on Tuesday, I don't then want to tell him he's not playing well on Friday...because I probably forgot I told him on Tuesday...

...he's then annoyed with me on Saturday (and I hate Craig David) :onmehead:

An option to view old conversations with players helped me to keep track of my actions when it was in FM. It was a valuable tool.

From the menus in FM23 it doesn't look as if it is in the game again. This Discuss menu is the same as in FM22.

image.png.ce659d28a551d54b8f10267cb3144e3b.png

Please put it back, SI. You have a player base that is ageing...and possibly getting more senile (can't speak for everyone else but me :kriss:). Thankfully you have an option to zoom the page to help old eyes. Please help old memories as well.

Pretty Please GIFs | Tenor

This would be best to be posted in the Feature Requests forum where it will be reviewed.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, FrazT said:

This would be best to be posted in the Feature Requests forum where it will be reviewed.

Okay, thanks for the suggestion, Fraz. I've mentioned this every year since they removed it. Might even have requested it before, but I'd have to search to see if that is the case.

I will do this later though.

Thanks

46 minutes ago, anagain said:

Okay, thanks for the suggestion, Fraz. I've mentioned this every year since they removed it. Might even have requested it before, but I'd have to search to see if that is the case.

I will do this later though.

Thanks

Its a valid request that I suspect will connect with a lot of users.

9 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

Wow 3/4 seasons already 

You have any insights about dribbling and if/iw cutting inside?

Honestly, yes. I play with IF & IWF and I see them cutting in and making some beautiful plays. The match engine has been a joy to play with. I really can't put enough praises on it. 

Played for a few hours know and the match engine definitely looks like an improvement on FM22. The animations look nice, the general play is good. The IW/IF issues everyone has seems to be fixed. 

The UI also looks a lot better than last year. If I wasn't looking to go attribute-less this year I'd probably use it.

Edited by Dotsworthy

Disappointed, im tired of every year changing the tactics, so i can play the football i want, because the players refuse to listen to my instructions, i have to juggle with other roles that doesnt fit my tactic. The games tactic setup is just out dated and rigid. Every year same problems with the ME, trade one issue out, get one new issue back. For example, why short corners still don't work? Its painful to see that my players are constantly offside due to this. Same glaring issues and more micro management, especially at the start of each save, the amount of work you need to do to setup is tiring. And for the love of god, fix player interactions it breaks emersion so much. Or just delete it and release it back broken in fm 2050 as a new headline feature and then fix it in fm 2051 in march update as a new headline feature as well, thank you.

6 hours ago, anagain said:

The Squad Planner

So I've been messing with the new squad planner and I have some thoughts

Some good points. I put I suggestion in a few years ago about wanting the ability to be able to rate players ourselves using our own criteria. It seems crazy there is nothing in game where we can put in our own Manager stamp on how we assess our own players and now that we have the Squad Planner it is really needed.

Already very tired of watching defenders touch the ball and then stopping moving. It's almost like their next actions just haven't loaded into the ME and by the time they come back to life the nearest attacker has already got the ball and scored/started a now unstoppable attack.

Also not noticing any significant improvement in the finishing of one on ones. 

22 minutes ago, Fabregas_04 said:

Already very tired of watching defenders touch the ball and then stopping moving. It's almost like their next actions just haven't loaded into the ME and by the time they come back to life the nearest attacker has already got the ball and scored/started a now unstoppable attack.

Also not noticing any significant improvement in the finishing of one on ones. 

i like that action. they're just waiting for things to open up and play forward in my head. i've not seen the forward steal the ball off them yet though.

Edited by albertluque

5 minutes ago, Hibs1875 said:

First season with Hibs and Been sacked for. It spending my transfer budget. My budget was about 80k and spent it. 

CAFBC9FD-6961-463F-B2D1-2F5FE4DFEE18.jpeg

Ouch, I think's being looked at, I'll see if I can find the thread so you can upload your save 

I can't, but add it here if you get a minute

Transfers and Contracts - Bug Tracker - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

2 minutes ago, albertluque said:

i like that action. they're just waiting for things to open up and play forward in my head. i've not seen the forward steal the ball off them yet though.

Same. I think it's realistic, it happens IRL all the time

15 minutes ago, albertluque said:

You're not understanding the issue clearly. This is not players waiting for movement, this is players chasing a ball for example, touching it then stopping dead. Not realistic.

Really disappointed that there's been a change to approaching free agents to get an idea of their demands. On FM22 and previous versions, you used to be able to approach a player to see what their playing time and desired promises were, and even see their initial demand for wages, without any penalty. You could move on with no consequence. Now, once you approach a player, you're locked in: you either give them a contract or you walk away, stopping you from approaching them again. 

Whilst this approach may be slightly more realistic, does it honestly make the computer game more enjoyable? I really feel this is a change that absolutely nobody was asking for. Playing at non-league level, I feel it almost makes the game unplayable. At that level it's natural to approach lots of players. Often what you're looking for is the lowest wage demands, particularly for staff. Scouts, if you even have one, do not accurately give you all this information and most players will not have agents. 

I desperately hope this is reversed for full release. More than any other change, this has massively impacted my enjoyment and enthusiasm to continue 

Just now, maundojako said:

Tight marking been removed? Why would this be the case? It's now no longer possible to play a man marking system unless via individual instructions

Screenshot 2022-10-23 at 12.05.09.png

Was trying to find that yesterday, myself. Thought I was giving too much space to my opponents, because they were having too many touches and space to shoot, so I wanted my players to get tighter, but alas...

So, having played a few games, only going to talk about the ME.

The good:
more variety of plays; the ball bounces more realistically and the attributes seems to matter more on the passing; also like how some roles behave (mainly in midfield)

The bad:
the interceptions, dear christ so many of them, playing with 3 defenders and 2 cm's/dm's to have stability when playing out of the back doesn't really matter because of the absurd number of interceptions of the opposition (and I concede almost all my goals like that); the 1v1 finishing is still a bit not really there, there are really just two options, they will blast the ball to the post and in, or they will pass it to the keeper, no middle ground; sometimes players are too static despite having roam from position, they will just stand there not looking to receive the ball; the central defenders just lateralize every time and refuse to do a central pass, even with the DLP unmarked and begging for the ball.

I think that when the full release is out, it will be better, but those are my peeves for now.

edit: the CD's refuse to make a simple ball to the midfielders, but try too many times a direct pass to the striker, that is another one I had forgotten.
Also, too many long shots and I can't make a creative player on the AMC position make a through ball even if it's the obvious thing to do and has a lot of space, he'll just shoot from distance because things.
The press, I feel like my players don't press high, for some reaon? Really weird, but I'll tweak a bit with the individual pressing to see if it changes.

Edited by josel15

Sorry if people already posted about this, but does someone has, at this point, opinions about the long term AI squad development? Is it better than before and as they promised?

What about the AI managers, are they smarter and harder to play against?

Thanks.

38 minutes ago, chucklehead said:

Really disappointed that there's been a change to approaching free agents to get an idea of their demands. On FM22 and previous versions, you used to be able to approach a player to see what their playing time and desired promises were, and even see their initial demand for wages, without any penalty. You could move on with no consequence. Now, once you approach a player, you're locked in: you either give them a contract or you walk away, stopping you from approaching them again. 

I could be wrong but I'm not experiencing this. Have you tried stalling once the agent tells you their player's wage demands? I've approached a few and for whatever reason haven't been locked into whatever wage they quoted.

It could do with more explanation though. I'm unclear on what the consequence is of to 'Agree', 'Contest', or 'Stall' after being informed by the agent. Assume this impacts your chances of signing the player, potentially, but how? 

Still liking the ME alot, am finding myself getting FM'd but put this down to my tactics from the last version needing changes to adapt to the new ME.

Like the Squad Planner but surprised this doesnt link in some way to picking your team, it would be great if this plugged into the matchday pick team options.

12 minutes ago, dannyfc said:

I could be wrong but I'm not experiencing this. Have you tried stalling once the agent tells you their player's wage demands? I've approached a few and for whatever reason haven't been locked into whatever wage they quoted.

It could do with more explanation though. I'm unclear on what the consequence is of to 'Agree', 'Contest', or 'Stall' after being informed by the agent. Assume this impacts your chances of signing the player, potentially, but how? 

Hiya mate, cheers for the reply. I'm playing non-league, no one has agents down here! 

I’m colour blind and have always edited the colour settings for things like attributes and position capability. 
love that SI have introduced a general setting but none of them work for me. 
can we please have full customisation options back please?

1 hour ago, Fabregas_04 said:

You're not understanding the issue clearly. This is not players waiting for movement, this is players chasing a ball for example, touching it then stopping dead. Not realistic.

ah i thought you meant when playing out from teh back and the defender receives the ball.

19 minutes ago, chucklehead said:

Hiya mate, cheers for the reply. I'm playing non-league, no one has agents down here! 

Sorry - I completely misread your post.

Yes fully agree, after an initial conversation with the player it would be good to be able to ask them to go away and think about it before making an official offer. 

1 hour ago, maundojako said:

Tight marking been removed? Why would this be the case? It's now no longer possible to play a man marking system unless via individual instructions

Screenshot 2022-10-23 at 12.05.09.png

First time I've seen this screen so far, but there's now a Defensive line on the left and then defensive line options. Can someone let me know what the options do/mean? Why would you have a high line and drop off more selected for example?

I've been playing FM for around 15 years and I still use the good old 2d match engine. The 3d match engine has been around for 10 or so years but can't understand how it still looks so poor graphically.

There are now other manager games on mobile which have far better match graphics, despite having a lot less processing power to work with. This is not to say they are better games, in fact far from it, but FM still really lags behind. IMO this is a large reason why the player base is ageing. 

12 minutes ago, craiigman said:

First time I've seen this screen so far, but there's now a Defensive line on the left and then defensive line options. Can someone let me know what the options do/mean? Why would you have a high line and drop off more selected for example?

In real life you’d have a high line if you dominate possession and want to squeeze the pitch to play in the opposition half. You then have to make sure you don’t get caught on the break with balls over the top. 

A low block is beneficial for defensive teams who want to protect their penalty area. Simplistically it’s attacking vs defensive football - FM doesn’t do a particularly great job of tying them together from the mentality. 

14 minutes ago, craiigman said:

The Step Up/ Stand off is just the old off side trap 

11 minutes ago, Mr Master said:

I've been playing FM for around 15 years and I still use the good old 2d match engine. The 3d match engine has been around for 10 or so years but can't understand how it still looks so poor graphically.

There are now other manager games on mobile which have far better match graphics, despite having a lot less processing power to work with. This is not to say they are better games, in fact far from it, but FM still really lags behind. IMO this is a large reason why the player base is ageing. 

i believe the graphics are restricted by how dynamic the match engine is. other games such as the PES manager is all fixed animations.

8 minutes ago, albertluque said:

i believe the graphics are restricted by how dynamic the match engine is. other games such as the PES manager is all fixed animations.

The slow rate at which they're improving is a concern though. If 10 years ago you told me this is what the graphics engine would look like in 2022, I'd have laughed it off

The AI managers in Football Manager are stupid.

One of my biggest issues with this game that will never improve unfortunately.  lol

The new UCL Feature? No interest because managing rich clubs such as liverpool is a boring experience .

Managing a rich team such as liverpool? No interest because of the  LACK of competition from the AI over a long period of time. I don’t want to win the UCL every season with liverpool it’s not realistic.

I love managing the EPL Championship with clubs like QPR

Edited by kingking

Anyone know if its possible to play this on steam deck? I've tried but when I try to bring up the keyboard to enter my first name it always switches to the surname text box. Not a huge deal as I have a pc, but would be nice to be able to continue my save from anywhere