Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

It's almost like the whole point of "the Queen is dead, long live the King" is to cement the rule over the plebs and to deny any sort of question of their divine, God-given rule. 

If Charles can wander around getting all the plaudits and adulation of becoming King days after his mum died then he can take the disgust that people who think it's obscene brings. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, anagain said:

And that's Charles' doing, is it? Might wanna look towards the fat cat bosses, the Tory liars who allow fat cat bosses to get rich. I'm not avoiding the subject of whether the royals should have the money, or not. I personally think it was wrong that Charles avoided inheritance tax.

I think there'sa time and a place for stuff like that. In his face is not one, not now. I'm sure he'll cope. Just people talk of respect and fair treatment and it's condone when someone shouts abuse in the face of a man beareved. Maybe I am old. Maybe I act older than some but I wonder what became of "treat others as you yourself would like to be treated". There's right to be heard, right to protest. Right to be an insufferable berk?

Not gonna push it but I did think that was too far.

Here's the point ----->

Here's your head ----->

Whooooosh

2 minutes ago, Andrew_ said:

Where is the time and place out of interest?

This is the nub of the problem - it's never the time and the place. 

We need to just be good little boys and girls and accept that we're not as good as the ruling elite.

1 hour ago, Confused Clarity said:

While I wouldn't do it personally, I can understand people's frustration and anger.

Where else are they going to direct it? This is a time when it'll get national attention.

People are starving right now. People can't afford to heat their homes right now. People are staring at the possibility of redundancy because their employer can't afford to keep them on/the business open right now.

This is all happening right now. For people who are suffering right now, there is no other time or place than right now.

While you nor I would act in this manner ourselves, please don't criticise those in society who feel they have no other option left to draw attention to their plight.

The interesting thing for me and moving forward for Charles generally is whilst some don’t agree with or like the monarch etc, I can’t imagine anyone protesting or shouting at the Queen like that in the last 10-15 years. 

My guess is aspart of a feature for This Morning? I don't watch it, so couldn't confirm that. I don't agree with MPs being allowed to skip either (unless as part of the Privy Council at the start), if they want to pay their respects/be seen to they should get in line with everyone else.

2 hours ago, ginnybob said:

Why else other than being famous could they skip it for 'work purposes'? 

2 hours ago, oche balboa said:

Why Schofield and Holly Willoughby were given free access is amazing, They don't deserve it 

8 minutes ago, Andrew_ said:

Where is the time and place out of interest?

10 minutes ago, sc91 said:

I'll have to pass that advice on to the debt collectors.

*knock knock* ‘hi it’s the electric company. We’re here to turn the electric off’

Person ‘well, it’s the middle of January, it’s effing freezing and I’ve just put me tea on. So not really the time or place is it? Sorry mate.’ 

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

The Last Leg on certain individuals getting into the VIP entrance: "interesting how there's a subset of people who love the monarchy, but are really upset that a certain group of people are given special privileges and permissions"

Funniest bit of that to me is those people have earned that to a degree, whereas the monarchy is just a case of falling out of the wrong person.

Just listening in on LBC, tonight. Apparently since the queuing started, around 400 people have required medical attention after being taken ill whilst waiting. Collapsing and fainting seem to be the most common causes.

Given it's rather cold tonight, I hope people are wrapped up warm!

Edited by Big Geordie

1 hour ago, Big Geordie said:

Just listening in on LBC, tonight. Apparently since the queuing started, around 400 people have required medical attention after being taken ill whilst waiting. Collapsing and fainting seem to be the most common causes.

Given it's rather cold tonight, I hope people are wrapped up warm!

**** em tbh. Stretching an already stretched NHS for such a stupid reason.

• Administrators
Just now, Christmas said:

If Beckham was a true patriot and an elite mourner he'd have waited until the queue was 30 hours and then joined. 

Joining at 12hrs a bit lefty woke in my view 

Probably would have been more fitting had he joined the queue then just as he got to the front, it had closed 6:30 on Monday morning.

1 hour ago, Christmas said:

If Beckham was a true patriot and an elite mourner he'd have waited until the queue was 30 hours and then joined. 

Joining at 12hrs a bit lefty woke in my view 

Tbf he seems to have judged it perfectly.

Just look at this thread for example, most seem impressed that he didn't skip a queue. Well done Becks, don't even care that you've been a shill for Qatar anymore. 

Susanna Reid also queued up with her mum.

That one is even more interesting considering that she works for ITV in a role where she could be considered a journalist as well as a presenter. While Holly & Phil are just light entertainment presenters who got given press passes so they could skip the queue.

6 hours ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Just look at this thread for example, most seem impressed that he didn't skip a queue. Well done Becks, don't even care that you've been a shill for Qatar anymore. 

It's as if people want him to get a medal for not skipping a queue, a bit like him.

7 hours ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Literally came in to say the same thing. It’s amazing how not jumping a queue makes up for pocketing £150m to help sportwash Qatar.

1 hour ago, Bootador said:

It's as if people want him to get a medal for not skipping a queue, a bit like him.

On a serious note... I couldn't care less if he's given a knighthood personally, I just find it baffling how so many (generally) level headed folk can't see through what he does. 

Maybe if another email is leaked they'll realise what a scumbag he is.

14 minutes ago, MIR17 said:

Literally came in to say the same thing. It’s amazing how not jumping a queue makes up for pocketing £150m to help sportwash Qatar.

Mind, am surprised that his wife wasn't there because she's a bugger for self promotion as well. Maybe's she couldn't stand mixing with the plebs, though?

25 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

People queuing up to see a coffin of a person that treat them as 2nd class citizens outraged to find other people also treat them like 2nd class citizens. 

One day people will put 2 and 2 together and realise that having the **** taken out of them by these people is part of their daily lives. If it takes stuff like people jumping in front of them in a queue then so be it I suppose; it just seems so trivial by comparison. 

Edited by Smallen

47 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Mind, am surprised that his wife wasn't there because she's a bugger for self promotion as well. 

Is she? I haven’t seen or heard anything from Victoria Beckham for about 15 years. I don’t read Hello and OK though so I’ll have to bow to your superior knowledge on this. 

53 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Mind, am surprised that his wife wasn't there because she's a bugger for self promotion as well. Maybe's she couldn't stand mixing with the plebs, though?

4 minutes ago, Vynal Seven said:

Is she? I haven’t seen or heard anything from Victoria Beckham for about 15 years. I don’t read Hello and OK though so I’ll have to bow to your superior knowledge on this. 

It's not actually true tbh, David Beckham is easily the more public of the two. 

Having crazy spurious articles written about you isn't the same as self promotion 

2 minutes ago, MIR17 said:

Didn’t realise it was Owain Glyndwr day today, pretty ludicrous day to cancel celebrations for King Charles to visit Wales.

It was Yesterday, But yes. 

It was almost certainly coincidence, but can understand why some were absolutely outraged and felt it was done as a deliberate sense of antagonism.

4 minutes ago, MIR17 said:

Didn’t realise it was Owain Glyndwr day today, pretty ludicrous day to cancel celebrations for King Charles to visit Wales.

Thought it was yesterday? A section of Welsh Nationalists believe it was deliberate that he visited on that day, as some way of delivering an insult or message. Feels like one of those bad coincidences someone should have noticed imo. 

32 minutes ago, Smallen said:

One day people will put 2 and 2 together and realise that having the **** taken out of them by these people is part of their daily lives. If it takes stuff like people jumping in front of them in a queue then so be it I suppose; it just seems so trivial by comparison. 

Why are people queue jumping. Everyone should do the same things Beckham and Suzanna Reid did 

4 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Thought it was yesterday? A section of Welsh Nationalists believe it was deliberate that he visited on that day, as some way of delivering an insult or message. Feels like one of those bad coincidences someone should have noticed imo. 

It was indeed.

And yes, I think it was likely a coincidence and they should probably have shifted things around in the schedule. But I can see why people are upset.