The Jack Grealish (and occasionally England) Thread: It's coming home attempt 5782570

Pukey

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

It's bugging me that ITV have Romania shortened to ROU and not ROM

Is there a reason? Roumania? That's not right is it. Where is the U coming from

According to Wiki, We used to spell the country Rumania or Roumania but have spelt it as Romania since the mid 70's, the Romania Government requested the 3 letter code be changed from ROM to ROU in 2002.

Can’t believe we’re going to be relying on Stones to be like a VVD/Dias to someone like Mings for the group stages :D Just a disaster waiting to happen. Would say hopefully White has played himself into squad to line up alongside Stones, but it will be JWP in squad because Henderson is crocked :D 

1 hour ago, av3ry said:

Why has he not gone for the team that is likely to play against Croatia? :idiot:

We must be the only National Team resting the players from the Champions League Final. Understandable against Austria but not today.

Christensen is in the Denmark team today.

Christensen didn't play in th CL Final did he? I don't recall him playing. 

14 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

There's not much to read into with these 2 games considering the line ups but if this is going to be our style for the Euros (slow tiki taki patient build up where we hope to win a free kick) then we ain't gonna go far

Aye, thought the same about halfway through the first half. 

5 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

It's mad we've included Henderson and Maguire isn't it? 7 days til the tournament starts and they aren't anywhere near match fit.

But they're characters.

2 minutes ago, Marc Albrighton said:

I'd rather a half fit Henderson and Maguire than some of the alternatives we've had the joy of watching.

I'd take them both if it meant them getting about the pitch on crutches than some of the other options we have. 

3 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

Rashford is infuriating. In terms of the pacey players I'd have both Sancho and even an out of form Sterling ahead of him.

Agreed. At least if Sterling is off form he still gets in behind frequently and stretches the game.

Rashford like this offers nothing.

Just now, Baptista_8 said:

Rashford is infuriating. In terms of the pacey players I'd have both Sancho and even an out of form Sterling ahead of him.

Think they said he'd only scored 1 in 10 games for United at the end of the season. Not sure what his assist rate is but he hasn't looked right for weeks and weeks.

5 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

Sterlings form off the ball has always been superb, just his on the ball form that let the end of his season down.