Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

2 hours ago, ferrarinseb said:

Is Libero only works in 3 Man Central Defense but not in 2? Also on training part Is Training a player for different duty work for any one else. GK can be trained as SK(D) but not SK(S) why is that?

Libero can only be the central defender in a 3.

The Duty issue in training is a known UI bug.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Positive :

1. Like the new purple....

2. Tactic gegenpressing, tiki taka, park the bus etc

3. Quick load.....

Negative :

1. Training too complecated.....is there an option to give responsibility to assitant manager?

7 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

In reality your experienced 32yr old centre back is very unlikely to interact with your fresh from the academy 16yr old right back. He probably doesn't even know/care who he is. In mentoring we've retained the ability to have players work and learn from one another but brought in more realism and removed some of the slightly exploitative aspects of the old system.

You'll not be surprised to read that I'm pleased with this change.

Liking it so far, haven't got past the u23 intra squad game though because Milner got injured in the 95th minute and the game stuck on pause "waiting for the u23 squad to make a change." There was nothing I could do to move it along.

I only managed a few hours last night, but so far I got this:

Good

Feeding the addiction:

* Oh, Yes!

Performance:

* It seems a lot faster. I took a holiday season and it went by really fast with 16 leagues and a large database. On my 5 year old (then) mid-level computer. Very nice!

Tactics and training:

* Very welcome changes, I can tinker this to bits it seems.

Leagues:

* A further level available(3rd division) in Norway, which coincides with my biennial game "at home". This was a huge suprise, and means a lot to me.

Bad:

UI:

* Purple and red. It is fugly, and I can not have it like this. Can we have an option to select colors ourselves, in the options menu?

* Some text seems "grainy" and not easy on the eye.

Tactics

* Arrows on counter attacking in transition, am I not supposed to be able to select which players go forward when countering?

There seems to be a lot of penalties, and most of them are missed. I've just had three in one match, and 6 in total in the last 3 matches. 

There's a lot of injuries, almost one every match.

It feels like there's more of a noticeable difference between styles. 

Players now make more of an effort to work the ball in to the box instead of constantly taking long shots. 

Long shots are improved. In FM18 so many were blasted high and wide and were more likely to hit the corner flag than the goal. 

The screen stayed black and I was forced to ctrl alt del to force the game to exit after I changed to windowed mode. 

I like the improved ball physics. 

Really like the new UI. The colours are pleasant to look at for hours at a time.

Overall I really like the ME. Someone commented on the alpha stating there are too many crosses. I haven't found that at all. I play a narrow system and a lot of the play is through the middle with my wing backs overlapping to provide width. There's no more crosses than you'd see in a real match. 

I'm going to enjoy tweaking my tactics more than ever this year, which is mostly what I care about; along with transfers (which I why I'm playing FM Touch). Good job. 

Edited by SmurfDude

30 minutes ago, luka_ said:

Choosing tiki taka style and the altering much of the roles and instructions, is it still tiki taka hardcoded in a way or not?

There isn't any hard coding. The templates are just a starting point to give you an idea of how a tiki taka style is set up. It's possible to improve or worsen the tactic.

4 hours ago, Tom8983 said:

But in game, we're forever told that the first team and U23s train together, that's why the coaches duties have to be the same for both, and why U23 coaches are selectable on first team duties etc. So it would make sense in game to at least allow U23 players to be in the same mentoring groups as the first team (unless this has changed and U23s are separate from the first team now?

Hi Tom..i agree that where the u23 train with the main squad the tutoring groups should reflect that.

Just on the u23 training tho, it was always club specific whether or not they trained with the main squad... And it was determined by real life... If they train at the same facilities. 

So some teams will share facility and therefore coaches between the main and u23 others have them seperate. Makes a big difference as you can use rubbishy u23 coaches to help train all categories (even if less than 1*) to lighten the load. 

This is fm18 thinking tho, i only played an hour last night and im avoiding fm19 training till ive learnt the ropes with the new tactic system

31 minutes ago, ralala said:

* Arrows on counter attacking in transition, am I not supposed to be able to select which players go forward when countering?

You do that by choosing duties for the players e.g. Attack, support, defend

8 hours ago, Per Annum said:

Bitt off topic - but the representation of the St. Johnstone kit is sublime. Fifa 19 gets the colour all wrong and makes it look like plastic, but the FM19 version is actually better than the real thing.

It's glorious.

Enjoying the game so far, seems a bit easy to dominate possession. I'm using a cautious counter attacking style but always have more possession, although perhaps the deep shape and standard passing encourages that?

Text on the match preview page showing line ups is a bit squashed, as is the match rating during it. Can sometime be difficult to distinguish the numbers after "6." but that's maybe just me again and something I'm already getting used too. 

15 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

There isn't any hard coding. The templates are just a starting point to give you an idea of how a tiki taka style is set up. It's possible to improve or worsen the tactic.

Yeah..considering my ManUtd managed to score 3 goals and concede 9 in the first 6 games, I'd say that statement is true. :D

So far I think it is looking pretty smooth, I like the new set up for tactics certainly seems to get the picture in your minds eye onto the pitch that bit easier, My plan for today is to sit down and have a good look at the training set up and see were we go.

Guys the changes FM have been tough the last to years is just awesome. 
From dynamtics to now tactic and training, its really becomming more of a manager game instead for a simulator.
You are really hitting the right track these years, and take that from a guy who have been with you guys every year since 1993.

I have some concern about some other areals, but I will give my feedback on those, ones the editor is out and I can make some tests.
SI, I Salut you!! GREAT JOB - keep it comming.

50 minutes ago, ralala said:

Tactics

You can't - it's an all-or-nothing thing really. Obviously your centre backs aren't likely to burst into the opposition penalty area though.

Curious, has anyone used the 'report bug' feature through the game yet? Ive not seen it mentioned much and even in here people are still initially being pointed to raise bug on forum with usual instruction on how to provide the save game etc. Does the report bug button work in beta? 

1 minute ago, westy8chimp said:

Curious, has anyone used the 'report bug' feature through the game yet? Ive not seen it mentioned much and even in here people are still initially being pointed to raise bug on forum with usual instruction on how to provide the save game etc. Does the report bug button work in beta? 

Its just a link button to the bug forum

I’ve just started at a club with no Assistant Manager, and all of my players have no roles, just “This player has no suitable roles for this position”. This goes right down through to the U18 squad.

is this deliberate, or should I report a bug?

2 minutes ago, TheTom said:

I’ve just started at a club with no Assistant Manager, and all of my players have no roles, just “This player has no suitable roles for this position”. This goes right down through to the U18 squad.

is this deliberate, or should I report a bug?

I think you should report this

11 hours ago, Rivanov said:

Did you transfer all the graphics over to FM 2019? ;)

Especially the faces are causing the extreme delay in loading times.

I have all the graphics I had before (plus more actually as I downloaded extra kit packs) and still the game is much quicker to load

2 minutes ago, skam said:

The one thing FM is surely regresing at...

Really does beggars belief that they can’t get this right. If the regen faces are still too similar it’s really, really bad. Should be so easy to get something like this right. 

6 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Finally, I've managed to go through freezes and crushes and finished the 1st season in La Liga.

In order not to cause any distraction I picked the weakest team in the leagues(Valladolid) so all grandes such as Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid were under AI control.

I’m sure that many people also will be interested to know how things stand in FM19 Beta when it comes “eagle point of view” on things and how it compared with real life football.

Here are some my observations on the data below:

- Barcelona didn't play possession football and its average possession at the end of the season was only 55%

- Barcelona and Real Madrid had almost the same amount of possession(about 55%) as Huesca, Girona and other small clubs at the end of the season which is very unrealistic

- The top clubs scored very low amount of goals during the season, for example, Barcelona and Real Madrid scored only about 65 goals at the end of the season

- The top clubs didn't show any dominance, for example, Barcelona and Real Madrid got only about 76 points and the end of the season  

- Messi made 19 appearances in the league and scored only 7 goals

LEAGUE TABLE

fm19-0002.png

POSSESSION STATS

fm19-0003.png

MESSI'S STATS

fm19-0004.png

After a decade of both teams scoring some 100 goals per season those stats defenetly look strange. This fact alone makes La Liga quite unchalenging. 

Possession stats look ok except for those two teams, it's beyond me how such quality teams can't be more dominant?

Messi's dictate tempo + tries killer balls ppms defenetly make him less potent in attack if it's still there.

I do like how training for the coaches is done this year. 2 in each section, one technical and one tactical, also going back to just 2 goalkeeping coaches is good.

I understood the 3, but made it very hard for smaller coaching setups to get good star ratings/ reduced work loads for the coaches.

I do wonder why on the screen it says who’s leading the training why it doesn’t list anyone else who’s helping out though.

10 minutes ago, skam said:

The one thing FM is surely regresing at...

6 minutes ago, DP said:

Really does beggars belief that they can’t get this right. If the regen faces are still too similar it’s really, really bad. Should be so easy to get something like this right. 

I imagine is pre-emptive of something. PES went hilariously bad for a spell in preparation/early stages of their switch to the Fox engine.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I imagine is pre-emptive of something. PES went hilariously bad for a spell in preparation/early stages of their switch to the Fox engine.

As I said before, release when ready then. Could have kept the 2D system, worked on the new 3D system behind the scenes and released into the game when ready. 

Having to put up with poor regen faces for years whilst it’s sorted is a terrible design decision. 

9 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I've got a very good PC, it's based on “Ryzen Threadripper 1900X” CPU, also it has SSD.

As I said even with such good PC, I find that FM19 is very slow and I can only image how it feels for people with worse PC spec.

I find the game very fast and I've got most league's on and large db. Xps 15 i7

All the international players are starting as lowest match fitness on Holiday - This does not seem right. I understand their tactical awareness (Based on us as new managers) will be lower, but basic fitness etc, should that be so low? These guys played most of the tournament.