Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

2 minutes ago, Firehouse said:

So once you set your manager at the beginning of the game, you can't play as other? Shame, as I tend to play with manager of nationality and name of the league I play in.

And how do you change background? For me its white on default skin, with green overlay on some screens.

You can edit it or create a new one when you start a new career,

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Kazza said:

More  a question that might have been touched upon. re skins and stuff.  I copied correct path into lanch properties but no access to skin i want. What am i doing wrong? Any help appreciated.

In the skin folder look for skin_config.xml then change the line  <string id="required_version" value="16.0.0" /> to  skin_config.xml line to <string id="required_version" value="17.0.0" />  Then the game will pick up the skin 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, robsfc said:

I pre-ordered on Amazon. Do I get to play the demo?

It's a Beta not a demo, and it's only for digital purchases. Did you buy digitally or a boxed disc copy?

5 minutes ago, FMReporter said:

In the skin folder look for skin_config.xml then change the line  <string id="required_version" value="16.0.0" /> to  skin_config.xml line to <string id="required_version" value="17.0.0" />  Then the game will pick up the skin 

Brilliant worked a treat :)

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, FMReporter said:

It will, but it is risky, as quite a lot of stuff will be broken and can occasionally lead to crashes, best waiting for skins to be properly updated for FM17

I'm probably missing something obvious, but any way to edit your manager before starting a new game? I skipped over to load a quick game to browse around a bit and now I can't seem to find the option before starting my first serious save

No highlight of attributes for what a Sports Scientist should be good at.

No attributes to show how good a staff is at what he is advicing at( that was a feature put in last year, please put it back) If Rob Edwards is giving advice on tactical, i should see his attributes for Tactical and Tactical knowledge, without opening his profile

o8t1dt.png

Edited by Herbie2100

15 minutes ago, FMReporter said:

Note it is not recommended to do this as skins cannot generally be used across different versions of FM - some skins may look like they work, however they may crash the game on screens that have been modified from FM16 (or weren't present in FM16), so if doing this do it at your own risk or wait for the full release when the skin makers have had a chance to update/recreate their skins for FM17.

So even before I  start life as the  new NUFC manager in any meaningful way (3days in) and after offering them a impoved contract  I get all my sports scientists and my data analysts poached! Umm, that does not generally happen so quickly.

Edited by Kazza

Maybe I'm missing something, but do I have to pick the team I am going to manage before loading up the game?

On older versions I could load up the leagues I wanted, then have a nosey before making the choice. I cant see why this has been taken out, so I must be doing something wrong?

am I the only one who is a bit fed up of the constant signposting of which attributes are best for certain role. Now on the training page It tell me what type of training by coaches are best at. i remember the good old days when you had to work this stuff out myself. Maybe i'm just getting old. :lol:

14 minutes ago, bestbrother said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but do I have to pick the team I am going to manage before loading up the game?

On older versions I could load up the leagues I wanted, then have a nosey before making the choice. I cant see why this has been taken out, so I must be doing something wrong?

No. look top left of the options, you'll see pick team later choose that

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=783221945[/IMG}

Edited by demodave

24 minutes ago, Herbie2100 said:

No highlight of attributes for what a Sports Scientist should be good at.

No attributes to show how good a staff is at what he is advicing at( that was a feature put in last year, please put it back) If Rob Edwards is giving advice on tactical, i should see his attributes for Tactical and Tactical knowledge, without opening his profile

o8t1dt.png

Just noticed the same thing. That tiny thing is a little step backwards if it stays that way.

• Administrators

We're aware that no attributes are indicated for Sports Scientist and Data Analyst. That's because there's no group of attributes they need to be specifically good at their job. Appreciate you all taking the time to raise this and it's something we're looking into. 

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

We're aware that no attributes are indicated for Sports Scientist and Data Analyst. That's because there's no group of attributes they need to be specifically good at their job. Appreciate you all taking the time to raise this and it's something we're looking into. 

"No attributes to show how good a staff is at what he is advicing at( that was a feature put in last year, please put it back) If Rob Edwards is giving advice on tactical, i should see his attributes for Tactical and Tactical knowledge, without opening his profile"

Has this been taken away, Neil, compared to FM16, where you could see this without having to open each staff member's profile?

1 minute ago, Viking said:

Is there any noticeable preformance improvement with the 64 bit support?

I'm seeing vast improvements with the UI in general and the engine seems to be a bit more stable... whether thats the 64bit support or just general improvements to the game, I cannot say

Just now, QWERTYOP said:

I'm likely being incredibly stupid, but I can't see where you choose your rep & qualifications? I appear to be about to start a save and the rep is set to automatic and no qualifications? Halp?

Same as before, where you created your manager and set his attributes?

2 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Does it not matter what one you hire then? Just a case of getting one in and they'll perform more or less the same? 

I guess that's ok as the differentiation is that smaller clubs won't have one for budgeting reasons but the bigger clubs will and the output will be generally the same. 

2 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Does it not matter what one you hire then? Just a case of getting one in and they'll perform more or less the same? 

I guess that's ok as the differentiation is that smaller clubs won't have one for budgeting reasons but the bigger clubs will and the output will be generally the same. 

3 minutes ago, QWERTYOP said:

I'm likely being incredibly stupid, but I can't see where you choose your rep & qualifications? I appear to be about to start a save and the rep is set to automatic and no qualifications? Halp?

Its on the Manager Style screen which is after you select your club, under the Badges and Experience dropdowns, utick the 'suggest' option and you should now be able to select your own badges and rep.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, DP said:

That's pretty much it - if you have data analysts certain news items will be generated, likewise with the sports scientists certain injuries will be treated quicker. I don't know all the in's and outs though I'm afraid. 

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

First time I booted you got to setup your guy and set responsibilities, I accidentally skipped the responsibilities part , is there no way to go back and change this ?

'Staff > Responsibilities' when in charge of a club will do the same job (specific to that club rather than manager obviously).  :thup:

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, roykela said:

"No attributes to show how good a staff is at what he is advicing at( that was a feature put in last year, please put it back) If Rob Edwards is giving advice on tactical, i should see his attributes for Tactical and Tactical knowledge, without opening his profile"

Has this been taken away, Neil, compared to FM16, where you could see this without having to open each staff member's profile?

No, most non-playing staff still have this. 

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Staff menu.
There's a staff responsibilities tab.

Yeah , but I believe the one upon profile creation allowed you to set defaults so you don't have to go into it and set it up with every new save.

Doesn't seem to be any way of getting the first one back up

Edited by treble_yell_:-)

7 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Its on the Manager Style screen which is after you select your club, under the Badges and Experience dropdowns, utick the 'suggest' option and you should now be able to select your own badges and rep.

Fair enough - I hadn't actually got that far yet. I did say I was probably being stupid... ;-)