What Team Will You Be FM16 Edition

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newcastle - always get to around January IRL and then get bored of the game.

I'm itching to play but I've turned FM on twice in the past 4 month and turned it off after one game, can't wait for next year's.

Finally looking forward to being my club Luton Town this year, as we've signed players who are rated well on FM15. I'm sure Miles will find his usual cheeky way to take quality out of Luton though! :p . For example, Andre Gray was never good enough for Luton's first team on FM, despite being top scorer 2 years in a row and securing 2 bigger moves in 2 years. After Luton, I will move to a Welsh Premier League club, largely as the San Marino club team won't be playable from the FM database this year. I think Port Talbot Town are my most likely, as they've signed a couple of good players and looked good on TV the other week.

Real Madrid to get used to the game.

Real Oviedo after that

FC Andorra from lower Spanish tier if/when Spanish pyramid update released. In FM15 had nice savegame, after ~15 seasons was able to bring them to La Liga and even played in eurocups.

Real Madrid to get used to the game.

Real Oviedo after that

FC Andorra from lower Spanish tier if/when Spanish pyramid update released. In FM15 had nice savegame, after ~15 seasons was able to bring them to La Liga and even played in eurocups.

Real Madrid look great squad wise - until you realise they have only 3 CBs and 1 LB :)

And no De Gea :D

Hmm -

Man Utd are the Team I support, but I very rarely manage them, because they were my team and I never liked to mess with the infrastructure, or the personnel, as weird as that might sound.

But, they're more interesting to me now than ever, with the identity of the team not what it once was, a lot of changes, a lot of uncertainty, its quite appealing, this could be the year I do a proper save with them.

Otherwise - My Default teams is Gladbach

If I buy this...

Will probably start with a big team such as Man Utd, I find starting with a good side helps me to learn the game more effectively.

Inevitably, there will be a Sunderland save as some point.

I need to do a lower league save and stick with it long term.

Then something different, Italy and South America are gaping holes in my managerial CV.

Real Madrid look great squad wise - until you realise they have only 3 CBs and 1 LB :)

And no De Gea :D

Actually, Arbeloa is able to play both flanks, and also they got DRLC Nacho.

As for De Gea, I'm almost sure his desire to join RM will be reflected ingame, so it will be quite easy to get him. And even if not, they got Navas who's not much worse.

Anyway, gonna play there 2-3 seasons at max. Big rich clubs are damn boring once you get used to play the game.

Arbeloa is pretty limited these days isn't he.

They failed to sign a replacement for Coentrao imo - that's all.

They will get DDG for either about £10M in Jan or on a free in the summer so it'll all end well ..... Eventually.

I always think out like that (2-3 years at a big club) then before I know it its 2023 :)

No plans as I'm just gonna continue with my saves on FM15.:)

They will get DDG for either about £10M in Jan or on a free in the summer so it'll all end well ..... Eventually.

Unless he signs new deal at Man Utd.:eek:

I tend to go through a pattern on every FM.

First I'll start with Wycombe - The team I love, I try and get them as far as I can, but it's more of a testing the game out kind of save.

Dafuge's Challenge - I might give this a go in FM16 as I've never actually completed it, have to be invested in actually liking a team though!

Keflavik - For some reason, I always switch to Iceland when English saves get tedious, the season is quicker and Iceland is on the up when it comes to football, so I like making them more successful.

Then I'll probably just get bored and make a super league in the Faroe Islands or something.

Sheffield United - My beloved - We've got lord Billy Sharp back now so... first decent striker we've had at the start of an FM since he who shall not be mentioned got sent down.

Then when that drives me utterly insane, I'll do one as either Notts County as I live in Nottingham and watch em quite a bit or Birmingham as my Grandfather god rest him was a big fan.

With EEE making a return I will probably buy FM16 and play as somebody from English level 8, probably my local team Newcastle Town, a la my FM11 epic that will take even longer to play.

If I did that I'd have to go with Eastwood Hanley. I am not even sure how in the pyramid they are since they reformed, I think bottom rung still. Does EEE even go there? I'm pretty sure they are back playing on the fields behind my garden.

Failing that, Hanley Town.

As always I will play with the club that is more than a club and has a habit of winning trebles: FC Barcelona!

Then I will probably play with Liverpool and enjoy it now that Balotelli is not there anymore.

I would like to have a save in Italy as I haven't had one in a long time. I might go with either Roma or AC Milan.

Chelsea and do the deadline day right by signing pogba and marquinhos ;)

Keep dreaming about Pogba. He will be strutting his stuff at Camp Nou a year from now ;)

Tottenham as i'm always then and they're the team I support.

I'll also do a Milan one as I have a soft spot for them and I've had a few saves with them over the years.

Every year I say I'll do a save where I start off with a lower league team but never get around to it.

As for the teams I always play with: Ajax, my club and a lot of talented young players, FC Paris, always interesting to see if you can beat that other team in Paris, this year they start at Ligue 2 so that'll be interesting, RB Leipzig, I know people hate them but it's a club with huge growing potential, handy sums of money and talented young players on the books.

But this year I'll also definitely play with FC United, as it's the first time they've been in the base game from the start. Also probably a game with a random newly promoted Brazilian side in the Serie C since I really like managing in Brazil. That all should keep me busy for a while......

Archived