Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
unfortunately not! i mean this is ridiculous and certainly isn't 'just one of those things'

Keepers are a bit wonky. My keeper just killed his 8 game clean sheet run by slowly walking toward a live ball as the opposition striker ran up, dribbled it around him and slotted it into the bottom corner.

They have gotten better, though. In the very first game I played, my keeper decided to punch the ball out, then immediately run straight to the touchline, leaving the goal empty for a beautiful 45 yard lob from the opposition.

I'm sorry but I've never read such a load of nonsense.

They are both correct:), they are not made up you know.

There is plenty of patterns in ME which are hard to miss, many tweaks needed so lets hope for the better.

I totally agree with these patterns discribed, i totally agree with that the stats seems to mean very little, speed and buildups for sure is the easiest to spot.

Most of us awaits a the new patch before even playing, depending on leauge/team it can be more or less enjoyable for time beeing for some.

And if you like it, great!

Regards

Is it a known issue with custom screens keep changing back to default? Like for instance I set my custom screen on tactic screen, Go to view a player then when I press back it's set to the default screen. Very annoying. I hope this is a issue as issues can be fixed

I have tried numerous way to defend corners but they I still conceded. Even playing as Chelsea, I lost 4-1 to Sunderland, despite being top of the league, all 4 goals come from corners.

I noticed no matter what you set players to do they dont do it, most defenders are static and dont move at all, The AI after one corners finds a way to counter your set piece defending, You put players in the 6 yard box they go outside the box shot, it hits defenders who dotn move, then the striker scores.

The defending at set pieces is garbage.

After playing a full season I have reached my verdict

Match Engine

The key problem is that from the 60+ games I have watched, the match engine is robotic and one-dimensional. I have watched back at countless attacks in slow motion that have amounted to both goals and missed CCCs, from all divisions including the Prem to League 2. This is the repeat pattern of play time and time again:

1) Midfield play-maker picks up the ball in a central position following a short pass from a defensive player. He moves forward looking for passing options.

2) The forwards ahead of him suddenly become static and are tightly marked. There is no intelligent movement whatsoever from the strikers to create space or a passing option.

3) The defence contracts and narrows which creates space out wide.

4) A raking diagonal pass is played to an on-rushing winger or attacking full back that moves in to the space created by the narrowing defence.

5) A world class cross is delivered into the box. At this exact moment, the strikers (or on rushing opposing winger) suddenly spark into life and make a fantastic run across a defender. Precisely what they should be doing when the MC had the ball in the first phase of the attack.

6) Goal

The fundamental issue is not 'too many crosses' - That is a symptom of there being absolutely no movement centrally in the first phase of an attack. I won the league in my first season with 100 points playing the same old 4-1-2-2-1 and I must have scored over 60 goals in the manner described above, and conceded nearly all of them in the same way. Gamers want 2 simple things from a match engine; variety and fun. Right now it serves up neither in my opinion. This is a feedback thread after all, and feedback is opinion.

This is exactly what I'm seeing. I'm playing with a 4-4-2 narrow diamond so my play is generally built up around creating chances centrally with my full backs getting forward to provide the width. This worked well in the last patch but in the latest one I'm finding my strikers are now largely static and have gone from performing very well to being pretty much useless unless the ball goes out wide. Whereas before my strikers, particularly my Advanced Forward, were always looking for space, now they are just standing with the defender marking them and making little effort to find room to receive a through ball from my midfield.

Not only that, I'm now also finding that many players, in particular my Advanced Forward, suddenly has an obsession with running down the wing. The players I use in this position have no PPM's that would cause this and I have not set up any Player Instructions to ask them to run wide with the ball yet they still head to the wing, sometimes even running pretty much the width of the pitch instead of passing. Players in this patch just seem obsessed with using the wings.

A couple of other observations:

-I'm seeing several ridiculously under hit passes. Not just slightly under hit, but so badly under hit that they barely leave the proximity of the player making the pass.

-I'm finding that when a quick player has breached the defensive line, they regularly slow down allowing the defenders to catch them. I don't recall this happening very often at all in the last patch.

-With the latest patch I have also found that my defenders are regularly conceding needless corners, mainly through heading the ball out when heading the ball clear would be the physically easier option. It's no where near as bad as it was in FM2014 but it's still a bit annoying.

-Finally, I am finding that my players, mainly my goalkeeper and full backs have started hoofing the ball again like they did with one of the earlier versions. I can appreciate that they will do this when they don't have any options on, but I am finding they will do this even when they have a player in plenty of space near them.

Edit: One last thing, there seems to be a lot of casual jogging towards the ball and not just from the likes of Ballotelli but from players with high work rates as well.

Guest El Payaso

I'm never buying these super players like Balanta, Romero(?) etc. but when browsing team guides it seems that AI teams don't compete against human players in the transfer market at all and all the human players are able to pick these same (boring) transfers with ease. It's more like a spoiled kid (human player) at candy shop where we're just able to pick anything we want and build the team with ease. Surely this should be different and by adjusting this the game would immediately have a bit more challenge and that would only be positive thing.

I'm never buying these super players like Balanta, Romero(?) etc. but when browsing team guides it seems that AI teams don't compete against human players in the transfer market at all and all the human players are able to pick these same (boring) transfers with ease. It's more like a spoiled kid (human player) at candy shop where we're just able to pick anything we want and build the team with ease. Surely this should be different and by adjusting this the game would immediately have a bit more challenge and that would only be positive thing.

Everyone has their own playing style. If you want a tougher challenge, then you can probably play the lower league teams and go scout all those unknown players. By the time you get promoted to the top tier, the so-called super players will be 30 or so.

Player interaction is extremely poor I must say. I have two players not playing and want to leave. I have tried to sell or just release them but there are no takers and can't even release them. Window closes and I have two unhappy players on my hands and there is absolutely no option there to tell them I have been trying to given them their wish but there were no takers. So basically they think I am keeping them at the Club whereas the truth is I can't get rid and I can't even tell them that!!

I have another player who wants to go but as soon as I try releasing him he demands to know why I am trying to cancel his contract!!

IMO unhappy players are overpowered especially when you don't have the option to just get rid of them.

I think either player interaction has to improve massively or just get rid of it.

Guest El Payaso
Everyone has their own playing style. If you want a tougher challenge, then you can probably play the lower league teams and go scout all those unknown players. By the time you get promoted to the top tier, the so-called super players will be 30 or so.
That's not the point and I do buy only players that my scouts have found. But it generally is quite stupid that AI teams are so passive in the market. I currently have Fede Vico in my team as loan player and his contract is expiring at the end of the season and would have no trouble getting him to my team as no-one else is competing for his signature, shame that my board hasn't allowed me to adjust the budgets for the whole season so I can't make that free signing. And yeah this guy is touted to be the next David Silva so it's really silly that only I want to sign him.

As was generally the case with FM14, it's routine for a fixture between two decent Premier League teams to resemble a error-strewn hoofing match between two hungover Sunday league sides, with pass completion hovering precariously above 70% for both teams. Players hoof mindlessly when they've got several easily achievable short passes on, the vast majority of goals seem to come from crosses (unrealistically easy to do) or errors, some of the best finishers in the game actually shock you when they don't fluff a one-on-one or any other clear chance, and it's rare for an attacker to dribble past or outmuscle a defender unless the defender completely screws up (which to be fair, they do regularly enough); it's like the defenders are cyborgs and the attackers have had an overdose of morphine. It makes the game an absolutely joyless and infuriating experience. For a second year running. Annoyed and disappointed.

Please can someone answer me. I have posted 3 times now in this thread over the last week and never got a response

Is it a known issue with custom screens keep changing back to default? Like for instance I set my custom screen on tactic screen, Go to view a player then when I press back it's set to the default screen. Very annoying. I hope this is a issue as issues can be fixed

I'd hazard a guess that a lot of people are passing judgement on watching key highlights at best, you need to watch at least a few matches on full.

Valid up until crossing comes into the discussion.

Crosses are too powerful and that has to be the number one priority fix for me. I would imagine that once this is corrected, variety and it's perception will change.

Please can someone answer me. I have posted 3 times now in this thread over the last week and never got a response

I've noticed this and asked on the tactics forum (stupid questions thread) got no reply either, is this a known issue ?

Crosses are too powerful and that has to be the number one priority fix for me. I would imagine that once this is corrected, variety and it's perception will change.

Absolutely right, except that some peoples perceptions won't change whatever the devs do ;)

Time to "complain" again.

Back to back goals in this version of FM are really annoying. This doesn't happen in real life that often, but in FM it's like every 2-3 games as soon as I score, they kick off and score immediately and then they don't do anything for the rest of the match.

Guest El Payaso

How about running with the ball? That is the bigger problem that creates the huge amount of chances to cross. And with bigger teams you can create whole style of play basing just to tour players' abiluty to run with the ball.

Player interaction is extremely poor I must say. I have two players not playing and want to leave. I have tried to sell or just release them but there are no takers and can't even release them. Window closes and I have two unhappy players on my hands and there is absolutely no option there to tell them I have been trying to given them their wish but there were no takers. So basically they think I am keeping them at the Club whereas the truth is I can't get rid and I can't even tell them that!!

I have another player who wants to go but as soon as I try releasing him he demands to know why I am trying to cancel his contract!!

IMO unhappy players are overpowered especially when you don't have the option to just get rid of them.

I think either player interaction has to improve massively or just get rid of it.

That kind of stuff is the reason I'm seriously considering switching to FMC.

4-0 up 87 minutes in, defense had looked good all game, was thinking maybe I'd finally get a clean sheet for once. Hahahahah, fm says no! 88th minute Deandre Yedlin of all people pops up and places one to my keeper's top left with his left foot. Deandre Yedlin, he of the 8 finishing and 9 technique blasts one in while being blanketed by my defenders, with his weaker foot. Bear in mind that he is listed as Right only, he only stands on his right foot ffs! wth is this crap? Every single time some "lucky" ******* pops one in in the dying minutes of the game either to equalize or deny my keeper his clean sheet. Last game it was Josh McEachran rifling one in from 30 yards in the 85th minute. Someone please tell me it's not just me. Someone else has to be seeing this sort of crap right?

4-0 up 87 minutes in, defense had looked good all game, was thinking maybe I'd finally get a clean sheet for once. Hahahahah, fm says no! 88th minute Deandre Yedlin of all people pops up and places one to my keeper's top left with his left foot. Deandre Yedlin, he of the 8 finishing and 9 technique blasts one in while being blanketed by my defenders, with his weaker foot. Bear in mind that he is listed as Right only, he only stands on his right foot ffs! wth is this crap? Every single time some "lucky" ******* pops one in in the dying minutes of the game either to equalize or deny my keeper his clean sheet. Last game it was Josh McEachran rifling one in from 30 yards in the 85th minute. Someone please tell me it's not just me. Someone else has to be seeing this sort of crap right?

Why is he not allowed to score?

What attributes do you need to be allowed to score?

In terms of keeping clean sheets what did you do in the final stages to help your defence?

6b8bbee854b25f32db2a0db682f5c7b3.png

Meet David Manga, the world's first invisible footballer (still casts a shade, however).

Lol

Looks like there could be invisible fans as well, can see plenty of stewards though.

That kind of stuff is the reason I'm seriously considering switching to FMC.

I saved the game and had a look again but this time I did it myself as in to try and sell the player rather than just list as unwanted. Didn't sell the players but they then appreciated that I had tried to sell them. So there is a hidden way in there but all it shows is still how useless in general staff are. Assistants, DOF's etc are still after all this time are just a waste of space. Like you I am thinking of loading up FMC because I think unless you want to be fully hands on the full game is fairly pointless.

Apologies for being fairly mad at this but what really annoys me is how things like the perfectly workable tactics screen can be changed on a whim to serve no purpose whatsoever and yet the major fundamentals of the game, the things you need working 100% if you are ever going to have a realistic game like staff that actually serve a purpose or an ME that is as good as it can be seem to stand still on the improvement front. It's a bit like buying a packet of ham advertising the best taste ever in a brand new packet labelled as easier to open than last years yet you struggle to open the packet and the ham tastes exactly the same!!

Why is he not allowed to score?

What attributes do you need to be allowed to score?

In terms of keeping clean sheets what did you do in the final stages to help your defence?

I said nothing about him not being allowed to score, my problem is with the manner of the goal and the foot with which he scored the goal. He had also been playing extremely poorly before he scored.

I was playing defensively as we were a man down. They had also failed to create any clear cut chances all game, Deandre was surrounded by three of my defenders when he took the shot.

I said nothing about him not being allowed to score, my problem is with the manner of the goal and the foot with which he scored the goal. He had also been playing extremely poorly before he scored.

I was playing defensively as we were a man down. They had also failed to create any clear cut chances all game, Deandre was surrounded by three of my defenders when he took the shot.

I'm convinced you've had limited exposure to real football. I'm a Spurs fan, trust me when I tell you random bad players will score worldies with their wrong foot all the time. It happens. Stop crying and get on with it.

I'm convinced you've had limited exposure to real football. I'm a Spurs fan, trust me when I tell you random bad players will score worldies with their wrong foot all the time. It happens. Stop crying and get on with it.

This gave me a real laugh, thanks for that. I'll admit i was a bit frustrated when I posted.

Yep.... 10 minutes to go away against Chelsea and 0-2 down and came back to 2-2. Major momentum swing yes, Chelsea panic yes, er sadly no as per usual an Azpilquiwhatshisname long throw and an unmarked header went straight at Adrian who decided to throw one in got them another goal to lose me the game!

This is exactly what I'm seeing. I'm playing with a 4-4-2 narrow diamond so my play is generally built up around creating chances centrally with my full backs getting forward to provide the width. This worked well in the last patch but in the latest one I'm finding my strikers are now largely static and have gone from performing very well to being pretty much useless unless the ball goes out wide. Whereas before my strikers, particularly my Advanced Forward, were always looking for space, now they are just standing with the defender marking them and making little effort to find room to receive a through ball from my midfield.

Not only that, I'm now also finding that many players, in particular my Advanced Forward, suddenly has an obsession with running down the wing. The players I use in this position have no PPM's that would cause this and I have not set up any Player Instructions to ask them to run wide with the ball yet they still head to the wing, sometimes even running pretty much the width of the pitch instead of passing. Players in this patch just seem obsessed with using the wings.

A couple of other observations:

-I'm seeing several ridiculously under hit passes. Not just slightly under hit, but so badly under hit that they barely leave the proximity of the player making the pass.

-I'm finding that when a quick player has breached the defensive line, they regularly slow down allowing the defenders to catch them. I don't recall this happening very often at all in the last patch.

-With the latest patch I have also found that my defenders are regularly conceding needless corners, mainly through heading the ball out when heading the ball clear would be the physically easier option. It's no where near as bad as it was in FM2014 but it's still a bit annoying.

-Finally, I am finding that my players, mainly my goalkeeper and full backs have started hoofing the ball again like they did with one of the earlier versions. I can appreciate that they will do this when they don't have any options on, but I am finding they will do this even when they have a player in plenty of space near them.

Edit: One last thing, there seems to be a lot of casual jogging towards the ball and not just from the likes of Ballotelli but from players with high work rates as well.

Totally agree with all of these. My heat map is laden with red intercepted passes from keeper and centre backs despite retain possession and plenty of passing options.

I'm pretty happy with the game, been playing since beta, almost everything is ok. Almost.

The only thing that really bothers me is the player interaction. They are always unhappy with something, always moaning about not getting enough first team football (even when they play in most games)........ sometimes a player have an excelent game and then demands a new contract, even when he still have more 4 years of contract (this is actually funny, if they demand a new contract after having a good game, i think i should also be able to offer them a lower contract after they fail miserably after a certain match - yeah i'm just kidding, but that would be a good manager's revenge sort of thing) When they get unhappy, you have no chance to talk to them after that. Come on. I actually consider myself happy when they don't get other teammates unhappy aswell.

For me personally, this, the player interaction, is by far the worst part of the game. I'm really looking forward for a patch to at least makes things less awfull. Yeah i know it was even worst during the beta, but this still needs to be fixed somehow.

Archived