Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

Can people stick to constructive feedback please...

To be clear...

If you have a concern about bugs.. post it in the bug reporting section with details.

If you have feedback, post it with details .. and constructively.

If you want to post inane, dull gyazo gif's that show nothing out of the ordinary with no detail or explanation.. find somewhere else or keep it to yourself.

/ Stalinistic rant

Red cards are allowed in the 2nd minute. Especially for professional fouls like that. There's plenty of actual issues to complain about so don't waste time making stuff up.

He's not really making anything up.

It's not the clearest of vids, but this particular scenario has happened to me a few times, but in a general sense it shows the much complained about, the weird slowing down and speeding up of players.

The defender has made a sliding tackle before the attacker is even past him, he only need shield the ball, and or run.

This isn't a nonsense issue, and it isn't making anything up. It's a known problem. Whether it's the speeding up or slowing down of players, defenders not watching the ball, goalkeepers not reacting etc.

Do you find behavior like this ordinary? They are certainly bugs and problems, and unrealistic for the most part.

People just get annoyed with the rather large amount of them, and generally how moronic some of the mistakes are.

It probably doesn't help if people are just ranting. Likewise, it's not so helpful, if the mods are content to say these bugs are normal behavior, and shoot down people who are getting upset with all the bugs that are being thrown at them.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Late goals are just getting stupid, it's nothing to do with my tactics when my defender who was on 7.8 rating just stands still as the ball rolls past him and to an opponent. Either fix the match engine or stop making people lose points due to stupid goals. How am i supposed to want to play the game when I'm almost being punished by such ******** things happening? The game seems to have turned into a contest of luck rather than skill.. will the match engine BS you or not

It's not the clearest of vids, but this particular scenario has happened to me a few times, but in a general sense it shows the much complained about, the weird slowing down and speeding up of players.

The defender has made a sliding tackle before the attacker is even past him, he only need shield the ball, and or run.

This isn't a nonsense issue, and it isn't making anything up. It's a known problem. Whether it's the speeding up or slowing down of players, defenders not watching the ball, goalkeepers not reacting etc.

Do you find behavior like this ordinary? They are certainly bugs and problems, and unrealistic for the most part.

People just get annoyed with the rather large amount of them, and generally how moronic some of the mistakes are.

It probably doesn't help if people are just ranting. Likewise, it's not so helpful, if the mods are content to say these bugs are normal behavior, and shoot down people who are getting upset with all the bugs that are being thrown at them.

If it's a bug, it needs to be reported in the Bugs Forum. This thread isn't the place to do so.

I said the gif shows us nothing, and specifically asked for more details and for it to not be a rant.. and for it to be posted in the correct place... not really hard I would have thought.

but in a general sense it shows the much complained about, the weird slowing down and speeding up of players.

That particular issue is getting some serious attention and it does knock on to the odd tackles issue.

Lack of GK reaction too is known and being worked on.

People just need calm down a bit and if they can't find reference to something they've seen, ask rather than rant.

Thanks. I'm sure they all understood the frustrating thing on that gif, but those poeple here are not interested in that They only want to read how good this game is. ;)

Regarding the predictability of highlights mostly they fall into five types.

One, set pieces which are fair enough.

Two, the GK or a defender hoof ball down the park giving away procession and a subsequent goal attempt. Often in the case of GKs their long kick is preceded by an unnecessary back pass by a defender or midfielder under no pressure.

Three, a tackle often sliding, that unless it goes into touch it’s always straight to the feet of an attacker never to a team mate or to a vacant area, leading to loss of procession and a shot on goal.

Four, a long ball over the top which the defender jumps for but misses whilst the attacker doesn’t bother jumping to head but just runs on to the ball leaving the defender miles behind, attacker one on one with the keeper and a shot usually saved.

Five, a really nice passage of play and a fine goal which is then ruled offside.

It’s really no good saying, oh that’s in the highlights mode you need to watch the match in full, after all the highlights are a kind of Match of the day and I wouldn’t expect to watch that and only witness a handful of different scenarios from which a chance on goal may occur.

Two, the GK or a defender hoof ball down the park giving away procession and a subsequent goal attempt. Often in the case of GKs their long kick is preceded by an unnecessary back pass by a defender or midfielder under no pressure.

Three, a tackle often sliding, that unless it goes into touch it’s always straight to the feet of an attacker never to a team mate or to a vacant area, leading to loss of procession and a shot on goal.

Four, a long ball over the top which the defender jumps for but misses whilst the attacker doesn’t bother jumping to head but just runs on to the ball leaving the defender miles behind, attacker one on one with the keeper and a shot usually saved.

Five, a really nice passage of play and a fine goal which is then ruled offside.

It’s really no good saying, oh that’s in the highlights mode you need to watch the match in full, after all the highlights are a kind of Match of the day and I wouldn’t expect to watch that and only witness a handful of different scenarios from which a chance on goal may occur.

Yours must be set up different to mine :D mine shows all my various goals, all my opponents various goals, all the bookings and the final 5 minutes whether or not something happens :mad:

Yours must be set up different to mine :D mine shows all my various goals, all my opponents various goals, all the bookings and the final 5 minutes whether or not something happens :mad:
Must be kriss because I wouldn't dream of suggesting that it’s just the human controlled side that has wooden highlights. Maybe it’s because I'm managing in the lower leagues, however, that’s not an excuse for the ME because it still wouldn’t be realistic, while not premier league there’s still some good quality play in the lower leagues.

You're absolutely right. It's always rigged when things go against you but, oddly, never rigged when it goes your way.

This is a common pattern that i seen and accepted for years, otherwise we should win leauge after half season. If rivals loose or draw early day match, you sometimes know that you will either loose or draw yourself

no matter what team you are facing and no matter domination. You will probably still end up winning leauge though.:).

"The club cannot currently afford this player". Anyone else see this popping up. I am nearly £1.8m per week under wage budget and have over £60m in transfer fees available. However, I cannot offer anymore than £8k per week. That makes no sense and I have no restrictions that are obvious. Anyone else experiencing this or has my game just gone a bit bonkers again?

I had 5 games in a span of 15 days, won 4 (including a win vs Chelsea in 92nd minute) and then I get to play last place Sampdoria and I already know I'm going to lose. I just have that feeling every time my team goes on a winning spree. Even after they scored this goal in 57th minute I immediately switched to overload and had 0 chances for the remaining time left, that's 33+ minutes of play time and 0 chances. My team had an average of 3 goals per game,and couldn't create 1 chance so I could at least draw the game. I don't need to mention the goal was scored from a cross.

1.jpg

"The club cannot currently afford this player". Anyone else see this popping up. I am nearly £1.8m per week under wage budget and have over £60m in transfer fees available. However, I cannot offer anymore than £8k per week. That makes no sense and I have no restrictions that are obvious. Anyone else experiencing this or has my game just gone a bit bonkers again?

Under Finances.. look at the 'Salary' tab.. will tell you what restrictions your board have set in terms of players in each category i.e key player etc

I had 5 games in a span of 15 days, won 4 (including a win vs Chelsea in 92nd minute) and then I get to play last place Sampdoria and I already know I'm going to lose. I just have that feeling every time my team goes on a winning spree. Even after they scored this goal in 57th minute I immediately switched to overload and had 0 chances for the remaining time left, that's 33+ minutes of play time and 0 chances. My team had an average of 3 goals per game,and couldn't create 1 chance so I could at least draw the game. I don't need to mention the goal was scored from a cross.

1.jpg

Tactics forum. While you're there, work on a plan B other than just hitting overload.

Tactics forum. While you're there, work on a plan B other than just hitting overload.

Do you have some other generic response that doesn't help at all? Once the game has decided you've enough winning you're going to lose no mather what. It's the same thing with clean sheets.

Do you have some other generic response that doesn't help at all? Once the game has decided you've enough winning you're going to lose no mather what. It's the same thing with clean sheets.

My response is generic because all you did was post stats from the game. I don't know your tactics. I don't know what you did in the game to get a win when your default plan wasn't working. That's where the tactics forum comes in. They need this info. From there you can get advice.

The game doesn't "decide" you're going to lose. That's complete and utter BS. You can rescue it if you know what to do.

What a load of crap. If you think the advice "work on a plan B other than overload" doesn't help at all, then maybe you should leave FM to those who actually understand something about football tactics. Do you have ANY idea what a last place team does tactically after getting the lead against a stronger opponent?

1.jpg

We already covered this didn't we?

7 games till the end of the season, in contention for all trophies, 3 games later in contention for none. Great.

2.jpg

In the end somehow I manged to win it, and it was against Bayern, 0:0 i needed only 1 point.

3.jpg

You are just contradicting yourself. :)

I have played 100 hours of 2015 and CM/FM since it started in 1993, so I think i can leave some constructive feedback on what I think is very poor in the game right now with some confidence.

Before I start I want to say that so much of this game is great, the scouting, transfers, interface, tactics (yes I like it), viewing the games and much more. The following is just my opinion and I hope it gets taken on board.

1. Defenders - Awareness and positioning is very, very bad. Its like they don't listen to instructions or their programming completely changes when it comes to defending deadball situations. I understand mistakes happen in football, but some of things that happen are just crazy. I have been running a test game in which I replayed the same match 10 times. There was a combined number of goals scored of 21 from CORNERS/FK'S and LONG THROWS.

FULL MAN MARK - In 2 of the games I asked the entire team to go back for corners/freekicks and man mark someone. Prior to the deadball, I counted 4!!! players not marking anyone. 1 player making a mistake I understand, not 4. As a result an attacker ran on to the corner unmarked.

FULL ZONAL - So I tried the the other way (with 2 defenders on the posts) - 6 times I saw multiple players just stand there and not move as the ball came into the box.

The reason I find this bad, is you can game plan as much as you like, dominate a team all game but eventually they will get a freekick/corner and score.

2. "Beckham like Fullbacks" - I am sorry but not every fullback is a worldclass crosser of the ball. Yes some are, but there are too many goals for CPU and HUM from these crosses. However, as point 1 raises, this is exacerbated but the poor positional play of defenders. I know its been acknowledged that their are too many crosses, but toning this down will help.

3. Goalkeepers - Not sure how I can best describe this problem. It feels sometimes that the game has calculated there should be a goal now, the ME hasn't created it correctly so the GK does something mental to lead to a goal. I know there are freak goals every now and then, but in a Celtic save I had going, my GK had 6 own goals, 3 times he kicked it out to the CPU so he can wack it straight back into the net and countless pointless parries/fumbles.

Also - I ask the GK to pass it short and roll it out... "NO BOSS I WANT TO BOOT IT AS HARD AS I CAN"... :D

4. Speed/Acceleration - Easy one to describe - Through ball/played into channels - guy with the ball has 17+ pace/acceleration - Centreback catches him up before he even gets to the penalty area. I know players run slightly slower with the ball but no.

5. Player movement - On a positive I have seen some lovely football being played. This will be even better when Wingers/Fullbacks crossing is tweaked so the ME highlights the many other types of goals we see in the world of football.

Look I know it is game and practically impossible to make it perfect, someone will always find something they don't like but the an example would be that the final version of 2014 was imho very good and it seems like 2015 went back a step.

Hopefully the next patch will iron out some of these. Even if you just fix the defenders awareness/positioning that would make a huge improvement.

Are you describing LMA manager on PS1?

Some repetitive injuries to certain players are getting annoying. I know Andy Carroll is listed as susceptible to injuries but since he came back from the pre game injury he has in my first season -

8/7 - torn ankle ligaments - 4 months - pre game

11/1 - twisted ankle - 4 weeks

25/2 - damaged elbow - 2 weeks

15/3 - groin strain 3-4 weeks

Twisted ankle was in training, the other two were in match but as a late sub and the latest was for the under 21's where I had him down for 20 mins per game until fit!! If he was a racehorse we would have shot him by now!!!

I'm wondering about the home vs away balance on this game - I think the favour is weighted too much in favour of the home team. I understand that the home team will often have more of the game but it isn't always like this.

Is this anything that SI are looking at?

Goalkeepers are the biggest problem in this game.

In my second season I have scored and conceded goals that defy belief:

- Keepers that rush out to pick up the ball, realise it is out of the area and drop / ignore it and watch motionless and a striker taps in.

- Keepers try to save shots that are going miles wide that result in corners that are scored from.

- Keepers trying to save crosses with their feet and the ball rolls under their foot in to the net (like Peter Enckleman in goal for Villa)

- Keepers that take free kicks from the corners that are volleyed into the empty net from the half way line (My player got goal of the season for this)

- Keepers that dive out of the way and fall back in to the net when the ball is hit straight at them

- Keepers the flap and slap at shots then stand like street mime artists as strikers tap in

I would upload them all to youtube to demonstrate them all but that feature is broken too and just uploads 15 seconds of empty pitch! :applause:

Goalkeepers are the biggest problem in this game.

In my second season I have scored and conceded goals that defy belief:

- Keepers that rush out to pick up the ball, realise it is out of the area and drop / ignore it and watch motionless and a striker taps in.

- Keepers try to save shots that are going miles wide that result in corners that are scored from.

- Keepers trying to save crosses with their feet and the ball rolls under their foot in to the net (like Peter Enckleman in goal for Villa)

- Keepers that take free kicks from the corners that are volleyed into the empty net from the half way line (My player got goal of the season for this)

- Keepers that dive out of the way and fall back in to the net when the ball is hit straight at them

- Keepers the flap and slap at shots then stand like street mime artists as strikers tap in

I would upload them all to youtube to demonstrate them all but that feature is broken too and just uploads 15 seconds of empty pitch! :applause:

Shouldnt be an issue as SI use PKMs to look at bugs, not youtube clips. You should be able to provide them with plenty of examples judging by this post.

What is a PKM and how do I upload?

PKM is the format of the match save file:

PKM's: (Otherwise known as saves of matches)

To save a pkm, in a match you'll notice when a match finishes in-game, on the match options there will be an option to 'Save' near the top left-hand corner of the screen.

Once you have 'saved' a pkm, it will appear at My Documents -> Sports Interactive -> Matches

use this link to upload examples: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/406157

That many examples would be incredibly useful, they always like more examples (even though they are already looking at the issue)

When I try to buy Sterling for Chelsea FM15 Demo, Liverpool suggests around 300 million pounds. Also, when I try to buy Pogba, Juventus suggests around 215 million pounds. Is this a glitch or real?

That is the game's way of saying they are not for sale. There were complaints when the game outright said "they're not for sale", so SI now has clubs setting uber-high prices that nobody in their right mind would meet. You can, of course, try and negotiate these down, but basically that's the club saying "if you want this player, you're going to have to give us your first born"

Hi there,

I'm enjoying FM2015 thus far.

However, in my opinion, the rate of possession in FM2015 is a far cry from the real world.

Below is the screenshot from matches in the top 3 divisions in my FM2015 save:

LIGABBVA_StatsTeam_zps6bfc8f51.png

GermanFirstDivision_StatsTeam_zps05e7d1f7.png

EnglishPremierDivision_StatsTeam_zpsc96cc066.png

Is there any plans for SI to correct the rate of possession in order to bring realism to the game..?

I remembered playing FM2013 whereby my team is enjoying 70% of possession for most matches. Right now, with almost an identical tactics, i can only muster about 65% at the most, even when playing against lowly teams during friendly.

Thank you.

It would sure be nice to get a patch anytime soon. I don't even care about the ME balance issues, I've frequent crashes (yes I've reported 3 of them and plan to do that for more, but I also have other things to do admittedly) and the tooltips opening after replays is really annoying. There's no need to fix EVERYTHING in one sweep my beloved SI, give us some patchy love for the major issues :)

By the way I should mention that I never had crashing issues with any FM/CM version before, out of the rare 1-2 occasions per iteration. This year I've already had around 10 crashes..

Under Finances.. look at the 'Salary' tab.. will tell you what restrictions your board have set in terms of players in each category i.e key player etc

I've seen a couple of players in my scouts' reports just like that. Not high rep players, and managing Arsenal I could definitely afford them. Just not in my scouts' opinion ....

Hi there,

I'm enjoying FM2015 thus far.

However, in my opinion, the rate of possession in FM2015 is a far cry from the real world.

Below is the screenshot from matches in the top 3 divisions in my FM2015 save:

Thank you.

The ss you show are very similar to real life. IRL Bayern are an outlier in the BL with 65% as are Barca in La Liga but no team has 60% possession in the PL right now. The rates you show are realistic. You expecting to average 70% is unrealistic. Using FM13 as a guide isn't a guide to realism, it wasn't very good.

That is the game's way of saying they are not for sale. There were complaints when the game outright said "they're not for sale", so SI now has clubs setting uber-high prices that nobody in their right mind would meet. You can, of course, try and negotiate these down, but basically that's the club saying "if you want this player, you're going to have to give us your first born"

If you first "make an enquiry" the club will tell you if that player is not for sale at any price.

It does show the value for a key player as £8k and board will no discuss any changes to budget. I am currently only using 67% of my weekly budget and there appear to be nothing that explains why my budget is now £8k tops for a key player. Funny thing is - the board have no problem with me spending £50m on a player, I just can't offer more than £8k per week.

You should be able to provide them with plenty of examples judging by this post.

1) Peterborough v Walsall.pkm (uploaded)

Jack Payne's goal (10th minute) Scores from the half way line after a goalkeeper takes a free kick from down in the corner. I have seen at least 6 examples that narrowly missed, this one didn't..

Wolves v Peterborough.pkm [Marvin Emnes Goal 66] - Long ball played forward followed by a race between keeper and Emnes. Keeper goes to pick the ball up then drops it as he leaves area. He then stands there as Emnes slots it in

[Ricketts goal 88] Keeper lets a cross in at his near post by diving under it.

Both of these happened in the same game and I was so annoyed I smashed a table full of glasses.

Wolves v Peterborough.pkm [Marvin Emnes Goal 66] - Long ball played forward followed by a race between keeper and Emnes. Keeper goes to pick the ball up then drops it as he leaves area. He then stands there as Emnes slots it in

[Ricketts goal 88] Keeper lets a cross in at his near post by diving under it.

Both of these happened in the same game and I was so annoyed I smashed a table full of glasses.

You don't need to post these here. As long as it's in the bugs forum. :thup:

I'm finding strikers are scoring perhaps a little too few overall?

Top scorer in Europe in each of my 2 seasons so far was by no means a "big name", and only managed 22 goals and 24 goals respectively.

This seems somewhat on the low side considering the quality of strikers out there and respective real life totals.

Admittedly you cannot always have someone grab 30 in the league, but if you look back through the recent history of Premier League top scorer list it does seem to be 50% under 30 goals, 50% over 30 goals. So far, in my save at least, no one seems close to getting the 30 league goals in a season.

Guest El Payaso

4. Speed/Acceleration - Easy one to describe - Through ball/played into channels - guy with the ball has 17+ pace/acceleration - Centreback catches him up before he even gets to the penalty area. I know players run slightly slower with the ball but no.

Archived