Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Told like that, it seems training are now useless so it is better to keep them at a low level.

I am not so sure if you are right. Of course doing like that injuries are far less, obvious.

I doubt anyway that a high training workload has only bad effects, it must have some sort of impact also to players skills, don't you agree ?

It's all about risk and reward and balance. Training is about moulding their development, its game time that drives it. Some players can handle high workloads, some players need to be carefully looked after, the key is to identify which players fall in which category.

Re the injury thing.

Up until yesterday i had no idea what all the fuss was about, if anything i thought there were too few injuries in the game.

However i started a new save yesterday and it was the injury save from hell, 6 or 7 first team players continually out (out of a squad of 20), as soon i got someone back, someone else got injured, like clockwork it was never ending. I had to play midfielders in my striking roles for 2 months :lol:

Very weird that, it was like a 'doom switch' had been turned on.

I started a 2nd save and have barely seen an injury, i've even had Jovetic fit for a whole season which is unheard of :cool:

Training has been consistent across all saves, guess i just got unlucky?

Re the injury thing.

Up until yesterday i had no idea what all the fuss was about, if anything i thought there were too few injuries in the game.

However i started a new save yesterday and it was the injury save from hell, 6 or 7 first team players continually out (out of a squad of 20), as soon i got someone back, someone else got injured, like clockwork it was never ending. I had to play midfielders in my striking roles for 2 months :lol:

Very weird that, it was like a 'doom switch' had been turned on.

I started a 2nd save and have barely seen an injury, i've even had Jovetic fit for a whole season which is unheard of :cool:

6 or 7 out of 20 is almost exactly the real life average.

That's all it is in my experience. You can have a perfect training regime, but players can still get injured because at the end of the day, you can't really prevent in match knocks or impact injuries in training.

I had a couple of clear seasons on my save with barely any injuries, but then a few moments in my third save where things seemed a bit excessive. It's just one of those things you take on the chin.

At the end of the day its just my opinion. It doesn't really matter :)

Your not allowed an opinion if you have only played the demo hence the troll baiting from others!

Now I have played FM15 and so it has a few bugs but it doesn't stop you from playing the damn thing and in truth it's enjoyable.

My outlook on your first statement is the real factor is that you will buy it only after it's been patched a few times in which is fine. But going on the negative approach has made your whole statement worthless like a 20 year old laxative left out of it's packet for a year :p

I have had two crash dumps on two different saves, both when making changes at half time, doing the team talk then clicking to start the second half.

I am no good with computers so struggle to upload the data, just thought I would say here in case it helps

I have had two crash dumps on two different saves, both when making changes at half time, doing the team talk then clicking to start the second half.

I am no good with computers so struggle to upload the data, just thought I would say here in case it helps

If you want your crash dumps sorted out, read this first: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405110

If you still have them, report it here in the relevant sub-forum: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/443-Football-Manager-2015-Crashes-Technical-Game-Launch-and-Workshop-Issues

I constantly have a minimum of 3/4 players injured. Right now my player got injured at kick-off. First pass of the game and he gets injured...

It's not like these injuries are long term (most of them couple of weeks) but the frequency of these injuries seem to much. Last game I had three injured players I had to substitute.

If nobody else is having this problem I'm just gonna fire my whole medical team and physical trainer :D

How do yoy kniw this is a lot, what real life stats are your referring to. Let me help you:

Premiership injury table as at 25/11

Newcastle - 12

Everton - 10

Man Utd - 8

Aresenal, Tottenham, Liverpool - 7

Villa, WHam, Stoke - 6

Seems like you have a bug that you aren't getting enough injuries in your game. Shall I raise a bug for you :D

Told like that, it seems training are now useless so it is better to keep them at a low level.

I am not so sure if you are right. Of course doing like that injuries are far less, obvious.

I doubt anyway that a high training workload has only bad effects, it must have some sort of impact also to players skills, don't you agree ?

Perhaps you have mis-understood. When there are fixtures that are 3 or 4 days apart and many of my key players struggle to get back up to 90% fitness, I favour deleting the training session in between and focus on specific match preparation. This results in players recovering back up to 96%, and in my experience reduces the chance of injuries during matches.

When I have a 10-14 day break between fixtures I up the ante in squad training. Previous versions have allowed you to up the intensity of training and leave it there. I don't think this is now the case.

Perhaps you have mis-understood. When there are fixtures that are 3 or 4 days apart and many of my key players struggle to get back up to 90% fitness, I favour deleting the training session in between and focus on specific match preparation. This results in players recovering back up to 96%, and in my experience reduces the chance of injuries during matches.

When I have a 10-14 day break between fixtures I up the ante in squad training. Previous versions have allowed you to up the intensity of training and leave it there. I don't think this is now the case.

Not related to this, but cheers for uploading the PKMS :thup:

In my opinion, the highlight modes this year give you an even unclearer picture of whats going in a match, than before. I'm not sure how to objectivise that personal opinion, but the loss of control going from "full match" to the next highlight mode is more noticeable for me - something i had hoped to improve for FM15 and what I think is one of the less obvious, but very impactful reasons for frustration in recent years.

The cutscenes show everything that results in an important match scene, but don't give a good, summarised overview of the roots that produce said scenes (or don't) to begin with. Especially frustrating if there's seemingly nothing going on for a good amount of the match and you don't know why, or the critical scenes appear to come "out of nowhere", as you haven't been able to see the forebodings on the pitch.

You can always play on full match and enjoy the experience, but if I reduce the highlight mode to lesser ones, I expect to lose control in relation to it, not to a higher amount. Because of that issue, playing on "full match" to cope with tactical issues is becoming a better advice every year.

In my opinion, the highlight modes this year give you an even unclearer picture of whats going in a match, than before. I'm not sure how to objectivise that personal opinion, but the loss of control going from "full match" to the next highlight mode is more noticeable for me - something i had hoped to improve for FM15 and what I think is one of the less obvious, but very impactful reasons for frustration in recent years.

The cutscenes show everything that results in an important match scene, but don't give a good, summarised overview of the roots that produce said scenes (or don't) to begin with. Especially frustrating if there's seemingly nothing going on for a good amount of the match and you don't know why, or the critical scenes appear to come "out of nowhere", as you haven't been able to see the forebodings on the pitch.

You can always play on full match and enjoy the experience, but if I reduce the highlight mode to lesser ones, I expect to lose control in relation to it, not to a higher amount. Because of that issue, playing on "full match" to cope with tactical issues is becoming a better advice every year.

Agreed, you need to watch at least extended to get close to a true picture.

People love to make the claim that the game is rigged: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/391271-FM-is-Rigged!

Please ask for advice in the tactics forum.

I understand it's your job to defend the game no matter what but regardless of tactics, this is happening and what's worse, it follows a very familiar pattern. I have lost 8 games to Manchester United after reloads, here's how it happens EVERY single time no matter what tactics or players are used. Utd will always score in the first 5 minutes, throughout the game my players start taking weird dives i.e a ball is passed to van Persie, my defender who is a good bit behind him dives out of the way so van Persie has a free run on goal. In the game before, my defender gets the ball to his feet then decides to dive and roll about despite not being touched, Utd walk through and score. This has happened in every single reload of this game v Utd. That's not tactics. I understand you'll defend the game which is fine but I'm a veteran player of these games, I don't expect to win every game and to be honest I wouldn't even have noticed this (as I don't reload games when I lose) except my computer shut down towards the end of a game I was losing to download updates, when I replayed it, almost exactly the same things happened. The majority of the game is quite good, I like the scouting, I have no problems with the layout like some do and I can see a lot of effort is going into the ME to make it better however I just find the scripted defeats disappointing, there is no need for that.

I understand it's your job to defend the game no matter what but regardless of tactics, this is happening and what's worse, it follows a very familiar pattern. I have lost 8 games to Manchester United after reloads, here's how it happens EVERY single time no matter what tactics or players are used. Utd will always score in the first 5 minutes, throughout the game my players start taking weird dives i.e a ball is passed to van Persie, my defender who is a good bit behind him dives out of the way so van Persie has a free run on goal. In the game before, my defender gets the ball to his feet then decides to dive and roll about despite not being touched, Utd walk through and score. This has happened in every single reload of this game v Utd. That's not tactics. I understand you'll defend the game which is fine but I'm a veteran player of these games, I don't expect to win every game and to be honest I wouldn't even have noticed this (as I don't reload games when I lose) except my computer shut down towards the end of a game I was losing to download updates, when I replayed it, almost exactly the same things happened. The majority of the game is quite good, I like the scouting, I have no problems with the layout like some do and I can see a lot of effort is going into the ME to make it better however I just find the scripted defeats disappointing, there is no need for that.

It's not my job to say anything I don't want to or don't believe. There is no scripting at all. That's not me talking as a mod - it just is that way. It sounds like what you're describing is a bug. That's all. I've benefitted from them as much as the AI has, so it makes no real difference. I report it as a bug and carry on with my game. If you reported an issue like that, with PKM evidence, it would be appreciated.

As a mod, I'm not required to have any sort of opinion one way or another... and you'll find countless issues raised by mods in the bug section (and countless moans and groans in various threads around the forums in general... we are literally just fans of the game like you who are willing to help out on the forums... now that's out of the way...

As a veteran, I would have thought you'd understand how the game works..

By reloading the save, you are just reloading the same circumstances over and over.. tactics and changes are only a part of what determines the outcome of a match in game.. you have to take into account the morale, pitch conditions, form, players ability etc etc etc ad infinitum .. you get the idea..

There is no scripting whatsoever in the match engine, it will take all of the calculations pre-match and throw them into the match itself and include any changes you make during and then re-calculate..

If you could reload your day today irl, you would 9/10 do exactly the same damn thing due to circumstances... same in game.

Thanks if it is a known issue that means I'm not alone, but how do I resolve this? Is there going to be an update that will make the saving system quicker or something?

It's up to SI to resolve it and when they're able to, they'll release an update or include it in an update.

Do the manager's reputation change more often this year? Set my reputation to suit Norwich, won the championship in the first season and won the Capital One Cup in the third season. Shortly after the cup win I got the Continental Pro License which bumped my rep up to continental and actually got me the Russia job without applying for it. 5 games into the league I've realised my rep's actually dropped back down to national, is this because I wasn't able to win more trophies so my rep's taken a hit?

I've just beaten Spurs to get our first league win in the 8th league game game of the season and it's gone back to continental.

Have to say, the personal profile stats are remarkable poor. No history keeping of 2th or 3th places, no stats per season (how many points, goal diffrence etc), no club spesific stats (only the current and longest serving). For a game that are so full of stats I find this very strange. The personal profile stats are severly lacking.

I got 3th place with a club expecting 10th in Belgium. This should atleats be shown in a season by seson stat in my personal profile? Or else whats the point? What about 2th and 3th places, final looses, and 3th placings on international level?

Did also notice there were no record showing I reached the finals with Norway U-19 in the European Championship. No Landmarks. Do I have to win the Euros or the World Cup to get som stat information there?

Should be reworked. Totally boring and uniteresting as it is.

Have to say, the personal profile stats are remarkable poor. No history keeping of 2th or 3th places, no stats per season (how many points, goal diffrence etc), no club spesific stats (only the current and longest serving). For a game that are so full of stats I find this very strange. The personal profile stats are severly lacking.

I got 3th place with a club expecting 10th in Belgium. This should atleats be shown in a season by seson stat in my personal profile? Or else whats the point? What about 2th and 3th places, final looses, and 3th placings on international level?

Did also notice there were no record showing I reached the finals with Norway U-19 in the European Championship. No Landmarks. Do I have to win the Euros or the World Cup to get som stat information there?

Should be reworked. Totally boring and uniteresting as it is.

Are you sure you've looked under all the tabs etc? because my career achievements shows everything that happened to me and my clubs, every player bought and sold, every league position achieved, every occasion I was knocked out of a cup, etc. etc. etc.

Well after hours of play, now i can proudly and happily say, even though there are some minor issues that are in need of a fix, fm 2015 is by far the best. I have had really good and realistic games. And the details, aesthetic movements of players in ME compared to former ME's and the game experience is amazing. Thanks a lot guys and lets hope that it will only get better with upcoming patches.

This is getting ridiculous now with Andy Carroll. 5 injuries between January 2015 and April 2015. The groin strain was within a minute of coming on. The last two have occurred in an U21 game where he is down to play a mere 20 minutes to try and get him fit!! I know he is prone to injuries but he hasn't completed a half for me yet!!!

8/7 - torn ankle ligaments - 4 months - injury at start of game.

11/1 - twisted ankle - 4 weeks

25/2 - damaged elbow - 2 weeks

15/3 - groin strain 3-4 weeks

11/4 - stubbed toe - 8 days

26/4 - gashed leg - 3 weeks

I finally broke down and bought '15 a few days ago after having played '13 the past couple years. I haven't had a ton of time to play as I've been busy, but after going through about eight friendlies (only two of which I didn't hand over to my assistant manager), I can say I really don't like this version.

The good:

I like the interview process when you start out jobless in this game.

The bad:

-Interface is hideous. It seems SI has gone the recent Microsoft trend of thinking pastel colors are somehow good looking. It looks horrible and, though easier to navigate in some ways, makes some simple things more difficult. It's more difficult to set a players individual role. It's also harder to set individual instructions as you can no longer select multiple players at a time if you want to set the same instruction on them.

-Too many goals after a player is sent off. I played one league game and had the opposing player sent off around minute 60 with the score 1-1. They won 3-2. Pre-game odds were similar with them slight favorites. Obviously, this *does* happen sometimes in real life, but based on other threads, it seems to be commonplace and I find it ironic that it happened my first match.

-Way too many injuries. Playing in the Swedish second division, my team has incurred six injuries through one game of the season, plus the eight or so friendlies. Granted, my field is garbage so that causes some of the issues. But at this rate, I won't have a team 1/3 of the way through the season.

So far, this is the only version of FM I regret buying (I have also purchased '09, '11, and '13). Biggest reason is the nasty looking interface. Why is it that everything these days are always trying to look as kiddy as possible? That's really what it is. Colors meant to attract children. I don't need everything color coded. I'm not five.

Is this a bug or just a fluke situation. I am genuinely trying to figure out if this is actually possible

I just played a game Celtic vs Shakhtar.

I had 59% possession and 15 shots. That means I had the ball for 53 mins = avg of 1 shot per 3.5 min. I am at home seems ok.

They obviously had 41% possession, that's 37mins but somehow had 20 shots? Thats a shot every 1.8 mins???

Doesn't seem right but I am wondering if its counting shots for any kick towards goal?

Too many goals after a player is sent off. I played one league game and had the opposing player sent off around minute 60 with the score 1-1. They won 3-2. Pre-game odds were similar with them slight favorites. Obviously, this *does* happen sometimes in real life, but based on other threads, it seems to be commonplace and I find it ironic that it happened my first match.

This 'one game' example, where something perfectly feasible happened is an example of the game being 'bad'?

This 'one game' example, where something perfectly feasible happened is an example of the game being 'bad'?

It was carried over from a thread where someone reported a team with 10 men scoring three goals in 12 minutes. Hence why I had to chuckle when it happened to me in my very first league game.

I tell you what FM15 doesn't half make you think you know absolutley nothing about football. I just got turned over 8-0. EIGHT. 2 freekicks the rest crosses. nothing I could do would stem the flow, and to top it off my highest palyer rating was 6.2 and they had 6 players get above 9 the highest being 9.9, that is like Brazil 70 level godliness. I can honestly say in all my time playing FM i have never been so baffled by a game it was like watching the greatest team ever play against a visually impaired 7 a-side team. It wouldn't bother me but i did well pre-season, one defeat which was 2 headed set piece goals, a draw in my first game again which I felt i deserved the 3 points from and a dominate victory in my next game then this. I wouls get it if the game had been trying to let me know I was way off by my side stuggling but it seems to have given me a rope-a-dope and lulled me in.

I tell you what FM15 doesn't half make you think you know absolutley nothing about football. I just got turned over 8-0. EIGHT. 2 freekicks the rest crosses. nothing I could do would stem the flow, and to top it off my highest palyer rating was 6.2 and they had 6 players get above 9 the highest being 9.9, that is like Brazil 70 level godliness. I can honestly say in all my time playing FM i have never been so baffled by a game it was like watching the greatest team ever play against a visually impaired 7 a-side team. It wouldn't bother me but i did well pre-season, one defeat which was 2 headed set piece goals, a draw in my first game again which I felt i deserved the 3 points from and a dominate victory in my next game then this. I wouls get it if the game had been trying to let me know I was way off by my side stuggling but it seems to have given me a rope-a-dope and lulled me in.

What teams were they out of curiosity?

As a mod, I'm not required to have any sort of opinion one way or another... and you'll find countless issues raised by mods in the bug section (and countless moans and groans in various threads around the forums in general... we are literally just fans of the game like you who are willing to help out on the forums... now that's out of the way...

As a veteran, I would have thought you'd understand how the game works..

By reloading the save, you are just reloading the same circumstances over and over.. tactics and changes are only a part of what determines the outcome of a match in game.. you have to take into account the morale, pitch conditions, form, players ability etc etc etc ad infinitum .. you get the idea..

There is no scripting whatsoever in the match engine, it will take all of the calculations pre-match and throw them into the match itself and include any changes you make during and then re-calculate..

If you could reload your day today irl, you would 9/10 do exactly the same damn thing due to circumstances... same in game.

Yes correct, with variables ad infinitum you wouldn't get the exact same outcome each time unless it's scripted to deliver that outcome. If it's a bug, it's a weird bug that you lose games no matter what you do., kind of defeats the purpose of the game. I don't know how to upload PKM or whatever it is, I use my computer for about 2 or 3 things. Anyhow, I'm done with the game. I've just done the same thing with Everton, lost 2-0 5 times, had a player sent off in 4 of them and in 4 of the games they got a penalty, in all 5 of them they scored the 2nd goal in the last 10 minutes. I can't be bothered with it anymore, it's lost it's realism for me. If I get to the itch to play again i'll load up 2014. Something had to happen sooner or later, I'm probably too old to be playing anyway. Time for me to sign off, my football manager journey ends here.

I can't be bothered with it anymore, it's lost it's realism for me.

You speak of realism and you just said in a previous post you keep reloading games. :applause::lol:

Pre season is fairly pointless it seems. It should be a grand way of refining your tactics but even if you beat a team you are expected to beat 6-0 you are guaranteed to struggle come season start. I remember in FM14 I beat Bayern Munich 3-0, Olympaikos 5-0 and some US based team 9-0 in friendlies and actually had the team playing the way I wanted it to. Season start I didn't score in the opening four games!!

As for the free kicks, I have just lost to Spurs away 2-1. Was 1-0 up with stat of 9 shots with 7 on target to their 2 and 0 and conceded two from free kicks put into the area and my usual defensive set up which hardly leaks at crossed free kicks leaves players unmarked on both occasions for free headers and Spurs run out 2-1 winners with their shots ratio overtaking mine in the last 15 minutes!!

I think part of the problem is that IRL when you are on top and the opposition changes things to counter that sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. In FM when the AI changes things it "always seems to work" or that's how it seems. When I am dominating and should be out of sight it's usually a free kick, long shot, first goal in 40 games for someone, corner or penalty that gets them back on level terms, usually whilst my strikers are shooting straight at the keeper the other end!!!

It's probably my tactics!!

Archived