Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now this I disagree with completely. I'm regularly restricting the opposition to 30-45% possession with only a few shots on goal.

Can't do it without an anchorman DM though, my intention is to do it with a 442 but I haven't succeeded yet.

Are you using classic or the creator ? also what formation?

Let me check but I think even though the assman suggests what to say, you can ignore and say nothing both at half time and full time. He might suggest what you should be saying but does not actually say it, if you decide to say nothing, which I have done re freindlies then thats' it? Hope that makes sense?

I will try putting assman on teamtalks as well to see what happens.

Cool thanks.

I might be missing something :)

I have the nvidia gigabyte geforce 8400 GS graphics card which is 512mb-1gb, i bought it recently, so why is my 3D rating only on 1 star? and some things are grey checked and the ME is choppy.

anyone know why this is?

upgrade your graphics drivers, see if that makes any improvement

I LOVE THIS GAME!!! looks great, bit of a "busy" screen, but i am sure i will get used to that! =D started as west ham, arranged a friendly with arsenal and won 5-0, so at least i know it is realistic...... (this is coming from an arsenal supporter FYI) all in all, impressed so far, and i CANNOT wait for 21st October to come!! =D WOOHOOOOOO

I have the nvidia gigabyte geforce 8400 GS graphics card which is 512mb-1gb, i bought it recently, so why is my 3D rating only on 1 star? and some things are grey checked and the ME is choppy.

anyone know why this is?

Could be any number of issues involving your RAM and processor, not just your gpu.

OK, played half a year with Wellington Phoenix in A-League and few matches with American Samoa to get a taste of international management. Very impressed with the game so far, new UI is great; no major flaws - once got stuck and had to holiday for a day due to some strange contract/registration bug (I offered professional contract to yth player, he accepted and I was left with response-required team registration news, but - probably because the registration period was over - I couldn't register the squad. Will try to reproduce this to see whether this is league-specific issue, or more general bug and than post it in bugs section.

Regarding the difficulty level, I got the feeling that the game is much easier than 2011 - which, for me, was insanely hard (probably the hardest in the whole series) - but this impression is based on ~25 matches and may as well be wrong. Still, getting American Samoa to draw with Solomon Islands and Cook Islands in consecutive matches without any tactical changes is something that should not happen - but this may as well be research-based issue.

have played demo looks good game and i will buy fm12 but looks more like a polish on fm11 rather than something new that has wow factor.

i think you need someone new to look at the 1430 ideas which came out of your meeting as if this is the best ideas that came from that meeting

that went into game. I'm sorry but as i said more of a polish on fm11 than revolution.

hopefully fm13 will be.

still like the game but was expecting more this year.

now I have done that my graphics rating has dropped to a measly half a star :-(.

I have 4 gb of ram and a dual core 2.6 ghz processor

Nvidia's Geforce 8400GS is from 2007, and it was an entry-level card even back then. You can't expect miracles with that kind of hardware.

anyone know why this is?

Well that GFX card is several years (late 2007 release i think)) old so i hope you didnt spend much on it (anything over £20 and youve been ripped off imo) as its miles behind even a modern budget card in performance.

Edit: ah beaten to it.

have played demo looks good game and i will buy fm12 but looks more like a polish on fm11 rather than something new that has wow factor.

i think you need someone new to look at the 1430 ideas which came out of your meeting as if this is the best ideas that came from that meeting

that went into game. I'm sorry but as i said more of a polish on fm11 than revolution.

hopefully fm13 will be.

still like the game but was expecting more this year.

for me it has the wow factor, the match engine is massively improved. and the polish on the rest of the game I really like too.

FM is easy, ive been playing matches where i just win and tbh what? ive done experiments where im a team thats expected to be in the lowerst position. e.g braintree in the blue square premier. i dont buy any players, dont do team talks or anything and i end up winning my first match against a team thats predicted to rip me apart, i just get pissed off. im not saying i hate to win games , i like winning , but when i win when it doesn't make sense , or when i win when i didnt even try too, just makes me sad . FM 2010 was good because you had to work for it , BUT I KNOW FOR A FACT. i dont care about what anyone says, i hate the excuses about ohhh its experience?, even new customers are winning games at the start of the season, is that expereience? , im dissapointed and i wont be getting FM , it seeems childish now due to the fact it feels like a easy children game. i wanted a Challenge, a mans game , but nevermind , i was excited for Football manger 2012 , it would of been the only game i would play this year, but forgot it.

i want to point out there is so many features such as team meeting , improvement in tactics etc and touchline shouts, BUT do we really need these features to win a match? No we dont , and this game proves it.

looked over threads ( seen lots of games played even up to the league matches which means saved games that are rushed obvs due to the fact the demo has only been out for 2/3 days, and there mostly just wins wins.

Im sorry if i keep going on about this , im not a hater , but im a guy who loves FM and is getting pushed away from it due to this problem , so i just want S.I to know about tis so they can think about dealing with this

FM is easy, ive been playing matches where i just win and tbh what? ive done experiments where im a team thats expected to be in the lowerst position. e.g braintree in the blue square premier. i dont buy any players, dont do team talks or anything and i end up winning my first match against a team thats predicted to rip me apart, i just get pissed off. im not saying i hate to win games , i like winning , but when i win when it doesn't make sense , or when i win when i didnt even try too, just makes me sad . FM 2010 was good because you had to work for it , BUT I KNOW FOR A FACT. i dont care about what anyone says, i hate the excuses about ohhh its experience?, even new customers are winning games at the start of the season, is that expereience? , im dissapointed and i wont be getting FM , it seeems childish now due to the fact it feels like a easy children game. i wanted a Challenge, a mans game , but nevermind , i was excited for Football manger 2012 , it would of been the only game i would play this year, but forgot it.

i want to point out there is so many features such as team meeting , improvement in tactics etc and touchline shouts, BUT do we really need these features to win a match? No we dont , and this game proves it.

looked over threads ( seen lots of games played even up to the league matches which means saved games that are rushed obvs due to the fact the demo has only been out for 2/3 days, and there mostly just wins wins.

except, you dont know for a fact, and saying we dont need it is entirely subjective and differs from person to person

ill STOP posting on about the difficultly , im going now, no more posts about difficulty

We've been over this before. The game isn't hard yes, but it's not a game where you can shove a difficulty slider in and call it a day. The AI is a good as it can be, unless SI go around giving the AI unfair advantages(LIKE DIFFICULTY LEVELS IN EVERY OTHER GAME WORK) you can't have a harder game(unless you impose some handicaps, once again like difficulty levels in other games work, isn't that funny?). You're simply getting better at the game at a faster rate than the computer is. And the developers can do very little about that, it's your brain versus your computer, go figure which is going to be better.

As much as everyone would love a more difficult game at times, improving AI is quite a difficult task, so it's unlikely there will be any massive leaps in AI capability in a game that comes out yearly.

I've not encountered many issues so far, but I did just experience something strange. A message appeared in my inbox that one of my players was unhappy with my team-talk, claiming that he felt he was being singled out and picked on for criticism. The problem was that I didn't say anything at half-time or full-time, and this player didn't start the game. Also, we won the game 10-0, so I'd hardly be giving any form of criticism.

Anyone else experience this?

Regarding the difficulty level, I got the feeling that the game is much easier than 2011 - which, for me, was insanely hard (probably the hardest in the whole series) - but this impression is based on ~25 matches and may as well be wrong. Still, getting American Samoa to draw with Solomon Islands and Cook Islands in consecutive matches without any tactical changes is something that should not happen - but this may as well be research-based issue.

I have the same feeling. I was playing the demo sort of looking around for that one enormous bug that is always there every year, and was happy when I couldn't find one... and then I had a look at my fixture list after playing some matches and the cascade of green made it dawn on me. I'm tearing up the league, basically beating the pants off even top sides, with a team that should be relegation candidates... and all I'm doing to achieve this is playing a pretty basic 442. That just feels pointless.

I know it's just the demo, but if the final game is going to be this easy, it'll be completely unplayable, at least for me. A shame, because everything else about it looks awesome.

Top right of the player search screen

yes, i clicked the "adjust budget" button, and it brought me to the boardroom section. However, the budget adjustment area is blank, there isn't any budget slider.

In another matter, I noticed that Asia have nation coefficients now, which is not available in previous version, does this means that the club qualification for, say, asian champions league will be different?

FM11 was too hard, and the FM12 DEMO is too easy... Are you people serious?

Firstly, its a demo, and perhaps SI need to add a few minor touches before the full game is released

Second, Im pretty sure people were saying and boasting about how much they loved CM012 because it was basic to play and winning was easier etc etc.

We finally have a near bug free game. A game that to me, is ridiculously awesome (I LOVE IT!!!) and people are here complaining about difficulty.

I can't wait for the full version to be released to see people then complaining about how hard it is :p

So far so good.

However, it seems a recurring problem with the translation of tactics from data to game is here again, that almost no favourite formations with a three man defence that a manager can be given has wing-backs. The 5-3-2 has full-backs, the 3-5-2 uses wide-midfielders or wingers, the 3-4-2-1 or 3-4-1-2 that Napoli use has wide-midfielders or wingers. The main effect is that natural wing backs may not play if they are not also highly accomplished at the MR or ML position, and not all are. Another effect is that attacking wingers, like Mascara or Santana at Napoli, will often play where a wing back should be if they can play in the MR or ML position, which would not likely happen in real life.

Is there an explanation somewhere for what shouts do? I see there are a couple of new ones: "play through defense / run at defense", and I have to admit I can't quite see what they do. For new players, shouts generally must be confusing as heck without some quick help as to how they work.

ETA: I just have to add that I adore the ability to group shouts and apply them before the match. It's a small thing, but it improves massively the way creating and using tactics feel. I always wanted to be able to do this in FM2011, and it's great to have it now.

Hello, SI friends and family,

I spent most of this afternoon playing through the demo and was very impressed; the depth charts and hover-over info for coach/player stats are worth the price of admission alone! FM12 looks to be an excellent update from FM11.

The only criticism I have so far is the same one I had last year: why are the Canadian teams in MLS listed as American? Surely it can't be that difficult to have the proper nationality of the teams represented? Although, having said that, I seem to recall the Welsh teams in the Football League/Premiership show up as English... so, maybe it is difficult after all? Either way, an explanation would be nice.

The whole user interface seems to much improved from football manager 2011, biggest leap I have seen since I started playing in fm 2007. The talk system is also much better, you get instant feedback from the players when you give your team talks, and it seems to be better feedback also (no more 99% nothing special noted). The biggest improvment for me so far though is how smooth and slick the game feels to play. All in all I'm very impressed.

Hello, SI friends and family,

I spent most of this afternoon playing through the demo and was very impressed; the depth charts and hover-over info for coach/player stats are worth the price of admission alone! FM12 looks to be an excellent update from FM11.

The only criticism I have so far is the same one I had last year: why are the Canadian teams in MLS listed as American? Surely it can't be that difficult to have the proper nationality of the teams represented? Although, having said that, I seem to recall the Welsh teams in the Football League/Premiership show up as English... so, maybe it is difficult after all? Either way, an explanation would be nice.

It's the same in Australia with Wellington listed as Australian I'd say it has to be done to have them play in the league and it probably causes problems by having them as their own nationality.

The pluses keep on coming......

I always used to know when a highlight was not going to result in a goal, right from the start, you could tell from the point the highlight begins - no more! Thats subtle but brilliant, and overdue.

It feels like FM12 is the pick of all the other FM's with all the missing bits that I craved for added in.

Is there any way to save a lineup in your tactics screen? I used to have a first string and second string saved one for important games and one for cup matches against weak teams etc, but I can't see how to do that now. Is it possible? Be a massive arse on if it isn't, having to manually move all the players every time.

I'm really really enjoying this, but I'm having a couple of problems with 'windowed' mode, which is how I prefer to play the game.

First, as a carry-over from last year, there is no scrolling within individual boxes, meaning that I have to exit windowed mode in order to scroll down in the coach assignment screen, the 'new manager' screen and in order to see the stats of the MoM in the post-match screen.

Further, in windowed mode, I cannot see the selection options for a player under his attributes - I only see the league stats and his attributes, not his injury status or suspension status. And yes, these are available in the overview screen, but it is unhelpful nevertheless.

Default screen res, prior to windowing, is 1366 x 788

I have found this demo is easy aswell! I beat arsenal 5-0 with west ham....now i know flukes happen, but for them not to even score 1 was a bit mad, and if the strikers scored all their shots, itd have been 10-0!

Arsenal lost 4-1 to west brom in my game lol. I think somethings need to be sorted out still to make this game more balanced. I have barely done much with the original 4-4-2 tactic you get.

As long as arsenal are't getting beat 4-1 every game then theres no problem with this we cant expect SI to hardcode the game so top teams dont lose

As long as arsenal are't getting beat 4-1 every game then theres no problem with this we cant expect SI to hardcode the game so top teams dont lose

Yeh i know, just mentioned that in reply to the guy who posted about beating Arsenal 5-0 with west ham.

Archived