Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

Is this on the Fixture Details collapsible subpanel in the bottom of the Fixtures panel? If yes, I don't believe that this was taken out intentionally and would appreciate it if you post this issue on our UI bugs subforum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/241-User-Interface).

That is indeed what I meant. I reported it on the user interface bug forum.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is both the best and worst post i´ve read about this game. Best because it really makes me want to see all those things during the games. Worst because it will make me abandon my epic save I have with Viola.

Just download the demo and see for yourself - MI is so much better but you have to pay attention cause at first glace it looks relatively the same

In my point 3) about vision - the specific instances were like this (was very impressed by this) - Berbatov played through at edge of box in line with the left post. I'm completely expecting him to blast it into the top left corner but instead as the goalkeeper rushes out he plays a completely lateral pass to the onrunning Nani who taps it in. Dunno why but was very impressed with this.

I am so annoyed that FM have removed the assistant team guide report tbh, the rivalry thing of not being able to get other rival players has continued which is ludicrous, please sort this out in time for the new one and I am confused as to why a team like Napoli are predicted to finish 8th?

Do you know if you can correct them in the Editor?? I always changed the Euro Cup/PL/CL etc back to what they should be using the Editor, but can you change team names?

Yes you can. its your game, you can change whatever you like

It may well have been one of my threads :)

I have created spreadsheets and SQL based reports for others (primarily in FML, but in FM too) showing the % relevancy of a player to the roles available to him based on his attributes.

(Can dig out old links if FML board links still work and interested. Have been thinking about dusting them off and improving again for FM12 but the areas mentioned in my post are getting closer to being very helpful and realistic in the game)

Absolutely the manager should have final say and decisions, but it seems unrealistic to me that an Assistant Manager (or scout for that matter, I have Tord Grip at my disposal at Leicester currently) would come back and say XXXXXX is a good generic striker, 2nd best in the squad when it is ignoring the roles I deploy in my tactic.

He may be great as a poacher, but garbage if I play with a Target Man (Michael Owen?), rendering his recommendation unhelpful.

Perhaps the number of role ratings supplied by the AM / scout is determined by the quality of the AM / scout?

Let's not forget, the Assistant Manager (or Scout)'s recommendations are based on their skills and qualities too, so they are not gospel, they just add to the 'fuzzier' role-playing side of the game which some prefer to play as opposed to the stat / attribute driven min-maxing (not that either approach is right, wrong, better or worse)

1. Good idea to attach the links

2. Even better idea to create one for FM12 - You can bet it will be well appreciated here

Thanks

Cool, I just didn't know if the Editor gave you that option (changing team names). :tup:

I'll most certainly be changing a fair bit when i get the full game installed. Infact it may take me 2-3 hours to do all the changes I anticipate to do on release day for FM2012

Just download the demo and see for yourself - MI is so much better but you have to pay attention cause at first glace it looks relatively the same

In my point 3) about vision - the specific instances were like this (was very impressed by this) - Berbatov played through at edge of box in line with the left post. I'm completely expecting him to blast it into the top left corner but instead as the goalkeeper rushes out he plays a completely lateral pass to the onrunning Nani who taps it in. Dunno why but was very impressed with this.

This happens in FM10.

I see the intro screens then the game exits to windows? Now it's downloading an 'update'? Do we have patch one after an hour to get the game to actually load?

There are already about 3 'steam crash help' posts with 200 lines of complete techno-babble. Who can be bothered with this?

Minor gripe, but how difficult is it to format the numbers on the attributes screen so they're in line with each other instead of being a little bit out here and there?

Minor gripe, but how difficult is it to format the numbers on the attributes screen so they're in line with each other instead of being a little bit out here and there?

it's not that bad. 11 is always going to be 'slightly' out from any other double figure 12-20 just because the 1 is alot thinner than the other numbers. Other than that, it's fine

What a horrible mess the adding tactics and back up tactics is, amongst other things.

I'm really failing to see the point in this game. Not much has been added whilst pointlesely over complicating navigation.

Not impressed.

I quite like the tactics and back up tactics. I was playing a game where a player got sent off. And I was able to use my backup tactic to switch instantly to a formation that focused on counter attacks, switched forwards to target men, full backs to wing backs, dm to box to box, long balls etc.

I saw the immediate benefit of setting these up.

And there seems to be quite a lot added. The navigation is a bit complicated but I remember saying that about FM11, FM10, FM09, FM08, FM07 etc. It all just takes time to get used to.

Enjoy the demo, learn the new navigation. By the 21st October you'll be all set and raring to go in the full edition.

:)

it's not that bad. 11 is always going to be 'slightly' out from any other double figure 12-20 just because the 1 is alot thinner than the other numbers. Other than that, it's fine

12 is out too. I know it's not a major thing, but it would really bug me if I'd coded the game and left something like that in.

Okay, now i have tried the demo. First, I am still very, very disappointed I will have to run the game thru Steam. I have had my share of evil from that application when I installed the demo, I hope I won't have it with the real game. Second, the GUI is not something I like, but I assume I'll get used to it.

Apart from that, I am really happy with the game so far. For example, I really like the team meeting option. Unless there's some long term issues (like youth progress) or I find out my FM11 pictures won't work with FM12, I think I will love this game.

Edit: Oh, and I miss buttons to toggle thru the squad screens (Senior, reserve, U18).

• Administrators
12 is out too. I know it's not a major thing, but it would really bug me if I'd coded the game and left something like that in.

Its not "slightly" out.

If I type:

then

you will find the 11 is shorter in pixel width than 12.

It would look even odder (other than using a digital font), if it 'fit' as you suggest.

Must say it's not looking half bad! Ive never been one to get into the demo, i prefer to wait for the full game when i can select the biggest database my laptop can handle and add in all the custom facepacks, skins etc but its looking good! Still slightly annoying that clubs academies, scouting, and the youth side havnt been majorly updated but im sure it will happen eventually. Good job SI, lets hope i can finally get back into FM otherwise i fear i never will :(

Its not "slightly" out.

If I type:

then

It would look even odder (other than using a digital font), if it 'fit' as you suggest.

Perhaps try an open type font with tabular lining instead?

ahhahahah seriously... this is exceeding even my pessimism.

first 4 actions in the game (after an "update" actually allowed it to load):

1. realised I could no longer drag players on the tactics screen.

2. went to classic mode, asked Di Matteo to pick chelsea team. He picked 5 at the back, MC, MLC, FC FC FC.

3. held back vomit, opened the "wwfan-creator" and picked a 4321

4. asked Di matteo to pick team, he picked: John Terry MC, Ashley Cole DC, Alex DL, Drogba AMR.

Its not "slightly" out.

If I type:

then

I don't want to go on about this because it's such a minor thing, but 11 and 12 are in line with each other and every other 2 digit number is in a different line.

If you can't get the numbers all in line, then you can't. No worries.

I just beat Arsenal 2-0 and injured Andre Ayew in the same game. Wenger hasn't called for the player in question to be banned, nor for me to be ejected from the premier league, he didn't even mention getting throw-ins banned.

Clearly something isn't right ;)

All in all the demo is going smoothly for me, loading screens are quick the match engine seems improved greatly and the sounds during matches also seem better than previous years. It all looks to be playing really well which is good.

Minor gripe, but how difficult is it to format the numbers

on the attributes screen so they're in line with each other instead of being a little bit out

here and there?

it's not that bad. 11 is always going to be 'slightly' out from

any other double figure 12-20 just because the 1 is alot thinner than the other numbers.

Other than that, it's fine

Its not "slightly" out.

If I type:

then

I mentioned this earlier, check this out:-

http://i.imgur.com/6EJBe.png

they're all over the shop!

Very impressed with the demo, so far.

It feels different, but still the same. Even though i don't have to, i now feel more like wanting to do the teamtalks, instead of letting my assistant dealing with it.

A couple of things i've spotted so far.

Hiring a youth coach, through job centre, is a lot easier than FM11.

Unfortunately, there's one thing (so far) that still remains from FM11.

If i need 2 coaches i'll get a bunch applying for that position. I might find only 1 that i feel deserve a contract offer. I give that coach the offer and we agree.

Then i decide to continue with the ad for a coach in job centre. But as soon as the coach i offered the contract to, signs the contract and is officially at my club, that ad is being automatically removed. It also comes with a news item that i've removed the ad for a coach.

Something i didn't do. I did the opposite. I clicked to keep it there.

I have to put out the ad, via job centre, again manually.

The same goes if there would be 3 coaches. Sign 2, but i get one earlier than the other. Then i have to put the ad up again, manually, twice.

Hope you know where i'm getting at.

Apart from that. Awesome game. Bring on 21st :thup:

Hmmm... I'm downloading the demo via Steam and I've noticed something slightly odd.

Under Current Network Usage it says that it has downloaded 570MB. However, in the FM12 Demo box it says that it has downloaded 307MB / 2,650.8MB

Does anyone know where the rest of the download has disappeared to?

A couple possible explainations: You have a poor connection and several packets have failed their checksum and needed to be re-downloaded, or you have other Steam games that have downloaded an update, or Steam itself has updated itself. Lastly, if this is your first time running Steam, it may have included the Steam app itself in the total...

I quite like the tactics and back up tactics. I was playing a game where a player got sent off. And I was able to use my backup tactic to switch instantly to a formation that focused on counter attacks, switched forwards to target men, full backs to wing backs, dm to box to box, long balls etc.

I saw the immediate benefit of setting these up.

And there seems to be quite a lot added. The navigation is a bit complicated but I remember saying that about FM11, FM10, FM09, FM08, FM07 etc. It all just takes time to get used to.

Enjoy the demo, learn the new navigation. By the 21st October you'll be all set and raring to go in the full edition.

I hope so. I'm probably not in the best frame of mind to be making judgements right now after having a horrible virus for the last week. I'll shut up and give it more of a chance.

1. realised I could no longer drag players on the tactics screen.

2. went to classic mode, asked Di Matteo to pick chelsea team. He picked 5 at the back, MC, MLC, FC FC FC.

3. held back vomit, opened the "wwfan-creator" and picked a 4321

4. asked Di matteo to pick team, he picked: John Terry MC, Ashley Cole DC, Alex DL, Drogba AMR.

1 - yes you can

2 and 4 - keep in mind he will pick the players in the best condition at the time, not the best players in your team

3- is not a bug

So disappointing. The first 5 things I've done in the game have all been bugged. See you for 12.3

Thanks for letting us all know what these issues are, because then they could possibly be fixed before the game even comes out. You're a true credit to the community selflessly taking your own time to log 5 bugs as quickly as you have found.

Oh wait, nevermind, I just checked your message history you haven't mentioned anywhere what these bugs are, you haven't logged any bug reports or evidence instead you've merely said "theres 5 bugs, but I'm not telling anyone what they are, if SI don't fix them then I'll complain more".

1. realized I could no longer drag players on the tactics screen.

You can still drag players on the tactics screen, you just have to make sure you click and hold directly on their shirt, which is a bit tricky in this version as they are tiny.

when you look at the screenshot below you will notice there is no info on player height, value etc... but if i click the back button and come out of the players profile the go back in it will show me all those details.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/josenriqueoverviewattri.png/

Noticed some stuff missing too. I was told to report it here

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/241-User-Interface

1 - yes you can

2 and 4 - keep in mind he will pick the players in the best condition at the time, not the best players in your team

3- is not a bug

and the apologists are out again.

He is picking Alex in Left back

Ashley Cole in CB

Terry in central midfield

Drogba on the right.

There is no more than 4% difference between the squad.

Here are my impressions:

The match engine alone makes this worth buying. So many small things I noticed that have been improved:

1) Its so smooth now and the general passages of play are far more intellegent then before. I noticed that in my first 2 friendly's things seemed slow, but then I realised that it was a lack of fitness. Roll foward to the Charity Shield and the first few league games and the pace is relentless

2) Animations for passing, shooting, different types of finishing, goalkeeping all majorly improved.

3) Noting players showing great vision compared to last year. While in FM 11 you consistantly had strickers blasting shots from difficult angles, I have now twice seen a player lay it off to another where a shooting opportunity was available - brilliant

4) Players actually close down and tackle properly with far more frequency than last year. If I have a ball winning midfielder he charges around intercepting and tackling, where as last year you had so many occasions where the opposiation would get a clear run at your defence and nobody would close down

5) Watch your fullbacks and wingers - their play is far more dynamic, skillfull than last year. Wingers and fullbacks seem to drop the shoulder and blast past opponants while in tight situations where last year they would not have taken the player on in such a tight space

6) Players are using their PPM's by default - I'm Man Utd and I am playing exactly as Utd play IRL.

7) Finishing - I've several different types of finish instead of the usual blast it or tap it of last year. Players sinking it over the keeper, or the low rifled shot into the corner

8) AI are way more intellegent - before I got the impression they were not using player roles and other non-default tactical settings - this year I see players playing in roles that I know have been tweaked ie: Deep Lying playmakers, wingers that cut inside, Trequarterista's etc

7) Short passing has been greatly improved and shows real intellegence - some great one touch stuff and flicks.

great feed back mate.

i will download the demo by weekend

AI match represent 80% for me

happy to hear it is better :D

FM 11 was already very good

Will the FULL game be a seperate download from Steam?

Or if we already have the demo, will it just install the neccesary parts?

I know that in some games when you download the demo, and buy the game later, you just download what is leftover. Not the entire thing again.

• SI Staff

Some holidaying during the demo shows to me that there's still a problem with how many goals are scored in a playable league. If we look back through the past 10 seasons in real life a handful of teams have managed to score/concede over two per game and in a rare few cases it got into triple figures. After the third patch in Football Manager 2011 it was a regular occurrence which essentially put me off playing because I found it unrealistic and I'm a bit compulsive in having realistic stats.

In real life the last 7 seasons goals highest and lowest have seen (those in brackets are the second and third highest):

10 - 11: Goals Scored: Norwich City - 83 (81, 77); Goals Against: Scunthorpe United - 87 (81, 79)

09 - 10: Goals Scored: Newcastle United - 90 (89, 74); Goals Against: Scunthorpe United - 84 (80, 73)

08 - 09: Goals Scored: Wolverhampton Wanderers - 80 (72, 72); Goals Against: Charlton Athletic - 74 (72, 70)

07 - 08: Goals Scored: West Bromwich Albion - 88 (69, 65); goals against: Colchester United - 86 (72, 69)

06 - 07: Goals Scored: West Bromwich Albion - 81 (77, 76); goals against: Barnsley 85 (81, 80)

05 - 06: Goals Scored: Reading - 99 (77, 76); goals against: Crewe Alexandra - 86 (71, 67)

04 - 05: Goals Scored: Ipswich Town - 85 (79, 76); goals against: Crewe Alexandra - 86 (73, 69)

I've gone through holiday mode for seven seasons to look at how the stats match up. Listed below are the teams that after 22 games have scored or conceded 2 goals per game, and bare in mind in the seven seasons listed above that Reading are the only team to have done this.

Season 1: 22 games played, Bristol City (51), Blackpool (44) and Middlesbrough (48) have averaged at least 2.0 goals scored per game and Doncaster (52), Coventry City (50), Reading (49) and Watford (44) have averaged at last 2.0 goals against per game. (In League 1 after 21 games the highest scored is 40 and conceded is 34).

Season 2: 22 games played, Blackpool (49) and Ipswich Town (45) have averaged at least 2.0 goals scored per game and Reading (47) and Coventry City (47) have averaged at last 2.0 goals against per game. (In League 1 after 21 games the highest scored is 40 and conceded is 34).

Season 3: 22 games played, Reading (48), Portsmouth (47) and West Ham United (45) have averaged at least 2.0 goals scored per game and Watford (47), Ipswich Town (44) and Coventry City (44) have averaged at last 2.0 goals against per game. (In League 1 after 21 games the highest scored is 35 and conceded is 35).

Season 4: 22 games played, Bristol City (46), Leicester City(46) and Ipswich Town (44) have averaged at least 2.0 goals scored per game and Doncaster Rovers (64!), and Coventry City (54) have averaged at last 2.0 goals against per game. (In League 1 after 21 games the highest scored is 39 and conceded is 32).

Season 5: 22 games played, Reading (48) have averaged at least 2.0 goals scored per game and Hull City (47), Coventry City (45) and Barnsley (44) have averaged at last 2.0 goals against per game. (In League 1 after 21 games the highest scored is 37 and conceded is 41).

Season 6: 22 games played, Leicester City (45) and West Ham United (44) have averaged at least 2.0 goals scored per game and Doncaster Rovers (56), Coventry City (46) and Millwall (44) have averaged at last 2.0 goals against per game. (In League 1 after 21 games the highest scored is 39 and conceded is 37).

Season 7: 22 games played, Reading (46) has averaged at least 2.0 goals scored per game and Coventry City (62), Watford (48) and Doncaster Rovers (46) have averaged at last 2.0 goals against per game. (In League 1 after 21 games the highest scored is 35 and conceded is 39).

Now I'm presuming in this that the goals will roughly continue at the same trend over the second section of the season, and I might be jumping the gun a bit based on half a season but it's something that would put me off the game.

I'm sorry if this comes off as a bit of a moody post but on a better note everything else looks absolutely brilliant and this could well be the best FM ever.

Archived