Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is the star rting system for the 3D match engine bugged? mine should be 5 star as it is on FM11 but it comes up 1 star only, but when I watch a match in 3D it looks perfect?

Anyone else having this?

Yes, same for me.

Okay I'm sure someone asked this already, but what is the difference between the FM12 Demo, and FM12 Demo in association with Sky Sports HD? Has Steam jsut listed the same thing twice? Or is one a Vanilla and the other Strawberry? Steam is completely useless at giving out info about the size of demos/games and I don't want to download the Strawberry version (if there is one).

One thing I noted on the match day.

I put the slider for the Match Speed up to second fastest speed, and the players still kinda played what looked like normal speed. When I pushed it to the last slider position the players looked like they were really in fast forward.

Surely central position on the slider should be "normal speed" and then incremental speeds up to super fast animation.

Super Slo Mo....Slo mo...slow...normal....x1.5...x2...x3...x4

Just a thought.

Font size hasn't changed, it's a different font we are using this year.

Dont know if it has been asked before but will it somehow be possible to use the same font as in FM11? The new font is very hard to read since its so fuzzy.

Plus might take me a while to get used to the new layouts and the UI. Seems even more confusing than FM11 - but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Thank goodness for demos. Come release day I should be up to speed.

Question: If I install over the Demo will the prefs be kept? Or is it a separate install?

Director cam doesnt seem to work for goal replays :( It just stays in the usual TV camera angle for me every time, its a shame because watching the full game in director mode is a bit weird when it jumps between camera's but i was hoping to use it for replays.

Think it depends on the stadium your in how big or small it is etc

Wrong resolution most likely, which results in your flat panel rescaling it. Try changing resolution in the preferences.

I have the same problem but im using the windowed mode so resolution should not be a problem. Ill try the full screen mode when i come home to see if there is some sort of rendering error when using a windowed mode or im just hating the new font.

Quite loving it so far, but have a rather silly graphics (sort of) related question/gripe.

When playing Windowed, the bottom of the game screen is cut off and I cannot resize it from the top corners, and my mouse cannot get to the bottom! It's silly I know and probably easy to fix but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it right. I managed to do it for earlier incarnations but it's slipped my mind!

The Senior Squad -> Matches -> Match Comparisson; is bugging a lot.

Not updating data or just not showing anything at all.

The Senior Squad -> Team Report -> Tactical Analysis; incorrect tactic

Opponent is using tactic called -11 ?!?

Quite loving it so far, but have a rather silly graphics (sort of) related question/gripe.

When playing Windowed, the bottom of the game screen is cut off and I cannot resize it from the top corners, and my mouse cannot get to the bottom! It's silly I know and probably easy to fix but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it right. I managed to do it for earlier incarnations but it's slipped my mind!

Try here? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/153632-Tip-Macs-and-Using-full-screen-while-windowed?

Dont know if it has been asked before but will it somehow be possible to use the same font as in FM11? The new font is very hard to read since its so fuzzy.

I'm sure the skinning community will put together something that uses last year's font, or something more similar to it in style. Additionally, you can go to the Skinning Hideout subforum to learn how to change the font yourself.

Assuming you're on Windows, have you tried (auto) hiding your Taskbar?

Nice to see a conditioning training schedule although it would have been nice to made it so you could put players in there for a certain amount of time, like you can rest players for a few days. As I'd to throw players in their for the first few weeks of preseason to get them up, running and match fit but when I want to put them back onto their original schedules I have to put them back manually.

Still haven't got use to the new layout, though that isn't to say it isn't very impressive. I just take an age to adapt to anything new, good job I've got two weeks with the demo to get my bearings.

The Senior Squad -> Matches -> Match Comparisson; is bugging a lot.

Not updating data or just not showing anything at all.

The Senior Squad -> Team Report -> Tactical Analysis; incorrect tactic

Opponent is using tactic called -11 ?!?

Please head to the UI bugs subforum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/241-User-Interface) and post these issues separately. Please elaborate on both issues when you do as well.

A few first impressions from 3 hours of playing the demo this morning!

Firstly - I've mentioned this before and I'm not sure why it never gets implemented, but I don't know why there's no option to buy a player but to keep him at his current club for a bit longer. I know you can set the transfer date to the end of the season, but that's not the same thing. It's becoming more common now that bigger clubs might sign a young player from a lower league team, but loan him back until say, the end of the season. I think this would be a great feature in FM!!

Anyway, onto specific demo issues:

I have a 1920 * 1080 display, and whilst the dynamic display is a great idea, whilst looking at one of my players, the 2nd and 4th columns have 4 boxes that can be changed, but there are only 3 options for them (attributes/positions/achievements), so I end up having to display one of them twice?

I thought I had read somewhere that you could filter the results of the search tool, which I took to meant, find only players, etc, but you still only get the same clubs, people, nations options just displayed in a different format. I think a filter in that screen would be great, so that if I wanted to search for all people with the name Luis from Brazil, then I could?

Also, I was hoping for a bit more financial information, to help know where and how you can save costs. It's fine if you're playing with a premiership team, but if you're a lower league team and need to watch your finances, then I think you need an even more detailed breakdown. For instance if I have 4 scouts, tell me how much each one is costing in expenses etc, so I know how much it will cost me to send a scout to Spain or something?

Like the fact that Tevez starts unhappy and in the reserves for Man City, very current! :)

Finally, why wasn't the tone system used in boardroom conversations? I think it would be useful to be assertive when telling the board you need new scouts for example!

Anyway, all are fairly cosmetic and not game ruiners, I like the new layouts and can't wait for the full game!! Great work SI

Can everyone stop posting about either..

A. You have a terrible internet connection and/or download speed. This isn't our problem, Segas or SI's problem, it's yours, stop filling the thread with it.

B. You are having problems with steam, you don't like steam, steam sucks, you're too stupid to use it, we don't care, they have a different thread for that.

Focus on providing constructive feedback about the demo in this thread and stop filling it with complaints, it's very tiring to hear the same things.

Is it normal for players to use my FIRST name?

I just had a team-meeting and John Terry was all "Ranbir is right". Now, obviously I'm right because I'm the manager but I'm a bit insulted he used my first name instead of something like, "boss, gaffa, Sir" or my surname. Is this a personality thing or just a standard thing for all?

Can everyone stop posting about either..

A. You have a terrible internet connection and/or download speed. This isn't our problem, Segas or SI's problem, it's yours, stop filling the thread with it.

B. You are having problems with steam, you don't like steam, steam sucks, you're too stupid to use it, we don't care, they have a different thread for that.

Focus on providing constructive feedback about the demo in this thread and stop filling it with complaints, it's very tiring to hear the same things.

Criticism of the delivery of the service and its associated third-party software is not a bad thing. It can be constructive criticism too.

Can't say I like the "Senior Squad" button and everything else hidden underneath it?

Why isn't there 3 buttons? Senior, Reserves, U18? Like it used to be?

This is as much an intentional change in design as it was a necessary change primarily because the Tactics has been promoted to a top level tab. It would not have been feasible to have all your different squads have their content appear on the same screen i.e. having a Tactics tab for every squad would have been 1) over-kill and 2) simply no room for it on minimum resolution especially with Clubs/Nations with multiple teams.

I appreciate for people who take over/regular check their non-senior squads, this can be a frustrating extra click. However for people who focus the majority of their time on their senior squad, this ultimately results in a less busy interface when dealing with your senior squad, and makes accessing information about them easier. A simple example would be the Fixtures panel is now always a single click away as opposed to potentially two in FM 11.

Approach to sign player (no agent) -> reset changes -> set contract length; Removes the player's comment at the top of the screen.
After I exited the Create Tactic and Setup Set Piecese, the players from the first team were hidden. Had to switch off the Seniors in the filter and back on for them to appear.

Please head to the UI bugs subforum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdi...User-Interface) and post these issues there.

I thought I had read somewhere that you could filter the results of the search tool, which I took to meant, find only players, etc, but you still only get the same clubs, people, nations options just displayed in a different format. I think a filter in that screen would be great, so that if I wanted to search for all people with the name Luis from Brazil, then I could?

In the dynamic search "name contains" or "name is equal to" and "nationality contains Brazil" does that.

Edit, uncheck "realistic transfers" too.

I have a 1920 * 1080 display, and whilst the dynamic display is a great idea, whilst looking at one of my players, the 2nd and 4th columns have 4 boxes that can be changed, but there are only 3 options for them (attributes/positions/achievements), so I end up having to display one of them twice?

Do you not have an option to add "Biography" for players who actually have a biography?

Also I don't know if it's just me but you can really tell the difference between a floated and driven cross now, maybe it was in the last FM but I'm noticing it a lot more now, love the different techniques when striking the ball as well.

Also do I see an armband on the captain now? Never seen that before either

Is there any way to disable all 3d / fancy graphics options before starting the game. I have no intention of using 3D, but the game crashes on load because I use the built-in graphics processor on my MacBook?

If the video card is required for the rest of the game I'll just cut my losses and leave it.

This is as much an intentional change in design as it was a necessary change primarily because the Tactics has been promoted to a top level tab. It would not have been feasible to have all your different squads have their content appear on the same screen i.e. having a Tactics tab for every squad would have been 1) over-kill and 2) simply no room for it on minimum resolution especially with Clubs/Nations with multiple teams.

I appreciate for people who take over/regular check their non-senior squads, this can be a frustrating extra click. However for people who focus the majority of their time on their senior squad, this ultimately results in a less busy interface when dealing with your senior squad, and makes accessing information about them easier. A simple example would be the Fixtures panel is now always a single click away as opposed to potentially two in FM 11.

Can't say I agree fully - but I'll look at it again. It's sacrificing one thing for another, so nothing gained really.

I'll take a look though, I prob just have to get used to it.

Please head to the UI bugs subforum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdi...User-Interface) and post these issues there.

Right-o, more clicks ;)

Is there any way to disable all 3d / fancy graphics options before starting the game. I have no intention of using 3D, but the game crashes on load because I use the built-in graphics processor on my MacBook?

If the video card is required for the rest of the game I'll just cut my losses and leave it.

If you go in Preferences > Display & Sound > 3D Settings

there should be an option to turn off the 3D cameras.

Edit: ahh before starting the game, i don't think so, but you can before starting a quickstart.

Director cam doesnt seem to work for goal replays :( It just stays in the usual TV camera angle for me every time, its a shame because watching the full game in director mode is a bit weird when it jumps between camera's but i was hoping to use it for replays.

Director cam seems to be broken full stop. it changes cam once in a blue moon and never how it showed in the video blog. I am however happy with tv view from the coorect view above the manager boxes

Archived