Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, where do I go now to ask my assistant manager to compile a loan report for positions? I can do it for a club, by going to that club and click on loan report, but there's no longer an option in the squd page to find a loan player by position??

positives :

1) adding team chat tone, which should be in first place when should be introduced in first place at FM11 because chats look boring 2 or 3 months from playin FM11.

2) team meeting.

Negatives :

1) what i've experienced, it's all about new style for the screen, a lot of unnecessary changes like:

hanging the placement of some tools like First team, Reserve teams etc..

'view club reputations' option next to your team, i wonder how many times i needed to use this during the season and if it's improve the game

rename some action, like team settings to team policy, i wonder if team policy like this.

touch line instructions, get's a shortscut word 'shout' .

2) still club transfer policy not introduced, as some of them using DOF, which needs more interactions between the manager and the board about every transfer bid.

3) still nothing changes when you want to resign, like it's club ask me to reconsider it for i'm doing good or i'm still new here and they want more stability, and a reason for the resination. Also jobs offered quickly without interview, like if I'm applied for Barcelona and Real Madrid jobs, i should promise good football etc or i won't get the job, or could be even sacked if i get narrow wins. ( so we need to deploy a match display for each match in board confidence ) and still can't offer conditions like promised transfer funds or getting such target, or even control transfer targets if the club had DOF.

4) still no real schedules in training, All individuals, and we can't see the progress of the players doing well in training, like if he is a bit developed in tackling, but not promoted from 12 rate in tacking.. but still doing ok and it's 12.1 ( when i want to show training progress ).

5) tours, still not developed, tour in UAE would be the same in France, all about going for boring matchs, nothing about developing such team or players skills, or even commericial things.

the game not developed that much, if i brought it, it's because add/remove leagues system, but it's very slow we i run 50-80 league. I could even consider buying Fifa manager 2012 this time.

Quite loving it so far, but have a rather silly graphics (sort of) related question/gripe.

When playing Windowed, the bottom of the game screen is cut off and I cannot resize it from the top corners, and my mouse cannot get to the bottom! It's silly I know and probably easy to fix but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it right. I managed to do it for earlier incarnations but it's slipped my mind!

If you're on a mac this works. Don't know if it's the same on a PC.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/153632-Tip-Macs-and-Using-full-screen-while-windowed?

In the dynamic search "name contains" or "name is equal to" and "nationality contains Brazil" does that.

Edit, uncheck "realistic transfers" too.

Ah yes, I'm aware of that, because that's always been the case. But I thought I had read there was a change to add a filter to the full database search option in the top right of the screen? Maybe not though.

Do you not have an option to add "Biography" for players who actually have a biography?

Aha, I see. The player I was looking at didn't have a biography, so no option came up. Is there nothing else that could be added for those who don't have biographies? Just to stop repetition?

Is it normal for players to use my FIRST name?

I just had a team-meeting and John Terry was all "Ranbir is right". Now, obviously I'm right because I'm the manager but I'm a bit insulted he used my first name instead of something like, "boss, gaffa, Sir" or my surname. Is this a personality thing or just a standard thing for all?

Bwahaha! I didn't notice that. I presume you definitely have a surname in game? I would fine the **** a week's wage for calling me Robert, as opposed to Sir.

How come International managers still don't get contracts?

still nothing changes when you want to resign, like it's club ask me to reconsider it for i'm doing good or i'm still new here and they want more stability, and a reason for the resination. Also jobs offered quickly without interview, like if I'm applied for Barcelona and Real Madrid jobs, i should promise good football etc or i won't get the job, or could be even sacked if i get narrow wins. ( so we need to deploy a match display for each match in board confidence ) and still can't offer conditions like promised transfer funds or getting such target, or even control transfer targets if the club had DOF.

I was hoping this part of the game would have been improved. Sad to read it hasn't changed a bit... -1 for realism..

Ridiculous flaw in FM. No manager in the world would manage a country for no fee.. I was counting on FM12 to have tackled this.. Howcome one feature is worked out up to a detail that hardly seems usefull and still these simple, but very logical, things are handled so poorly. -2 for realism here

Bwahaha! I didn't notice that. I presume you definitely have a surname in game? I would fine the **** a week's wage for calling me Robert, as opposed to Sir.

Just put Sir as your first name. :thup:;)

This is really important. Can I set instructions for individual players and have the game remember those instructions even though I swap them in and out of my line-up?

For example, I want Messi to behave a certain way on the pitch regardless of where I put him on the pitch. Can instructions follow a player now and not just the position he plays?

Thanks a bunch for answers!

my 3D match engine is super slow and jiggy and is almost unwatchable. Is there anything I can do to speed it up or smooth it out a bit? I didn't have this problem with last year's one and am running FM12 on the same machine.

Update graphics card drivers, ensure there aren't any background programs that are taking up lots of computing power. Also fiddle with the graphical options - you can turn lots of stuff on and off to help find a smooth engine for you.

Also I don't know if it's just me but you can really tell the difference between a floated and driven cross now, maybe it was in the last FM but I'm noticing it a lot more now, love the different techniques when striking the ball as well.

Also do I see an armband on the captain now? Never seen that before either

Glad you're enjoying it! Yes, there are new techniques when striking the ball and captain's armbands. :)

Director cam seems to be broken full stop. it changes cam once in a blue moon and never how it showed in the video blog. I am however happy with tv view from the coorect view above the manager boxes

It's not broken. It doesn't change all the time, just sometimes. This is by design. You'll notice it more frequently for goals from set pieces, such as free kicks, corners and penalties etc.

This is really important. Can I set instructions for individual players and have the game remember those instructions even though I swap them in and out of my line-up?

For example, I want Messi to behave a certain way on the pitch regardless of where I put him on the pitch. Can instructions follow a player now and not just the position he plays?

Thanks a bunch for answers!

Although the role/duty instructions are per position basis, if you manually override the automatic player instructions set dependant on the player's role/duty set (press [show Instructions] on the Player Instructions panel) these will be remembered as you move a player from position A to B. This might not be exactly what you're looking for, but close enough probably.

If this has been mentioned then sorry, but I am not going to read 400 + posts! :o

Once you click on a player, and click on their attribute tab, under personal details their value is a series of numbers, there is no denomination, e.g. £ sign. Maybe this is intentional, but it looks rather messy to me and stuck out like a sore thumb. For example Messi's value in his profile is £36m, yet in the attribute tab, under personal details his value is 35953591. It does not evem have any commas in. Just a series of numbers to represent his value. It may be correct, but I cannot see how it is.

I'm getting this same ''problem''. I tried changing the currency, but it didn't fix it.

Here is a picture how it looks like:

1sxQ7.jpg

Is this a problem on our end, or is it a bug?

I'm getting this same ''problem''. I tried changing the currency, but it didn't fix it.

Here is a picture how it looks like:

1sxQ7.jpg

Is this a problem on our end, or is it a bug?

Looks like a bug that we'd need you to please record in the UI bugs subforum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/241-User-Interface) so we can investigate it further.

Guest El Payaso

New team talks really rock! I also like the new interface.

Match engine still isn't for me though. I've watched a few games in "full match" and haven't seen any good interceptions or dispossensions. Full backs are tackling okay but almost never keeping the ball in play so those tackles are basically useless. Seeing lot of long runs through the middle between many defending players and they're not doing anything good to stop them. Long passing chains are still too common for even mediocre teams.

If you go in Preferences > Display & Sound > 3D Settings

there should be an option to turn off the 3D cameras.

Edit: ahh before starting the game, i don't think so, but you can before starting a quickstart.

Yeah, I can't even get that far.

Can someone also explain the Loyalty Bonus a bit better. Because when I agreed to sell one of my players, I was also told that I would have to pay his outstanding loyalty bonus, yet on the contract screen it doesn't say that it is split over the length of the contract, just shows it as one lump sum? And if he requests a transfer, does that mean I don't have to pay it to him??

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem....But it seems that the graphic quality for my game is affected....comparing my FM 11 and FM 12...... my FM 12 has poorer graphics and the faces do look a bit stretched.....

I have a problem with signing new staff. I am trying to sign a scout, and i cannot sign anybody. i have just tried to sign "Ollie Jones" who has a 2!!!! in both judging PA and CA. He refuses my contract. They all want part-time deals. I am a Full-time club in the Blue Square Premier. There are some staff who are still available for free who i managed to sign last year but the is year they will not accept a contract due to my wage I can offer being too low. most (including Mr useless i tried to sign) want £450-500 per week i can only offer £350 per week. and nobody is accepting contracts.

Last year I could offer £350 per week and they would accept it. this year they will only accept £25-50 reduction. Meaning nobody will accept anything below £400 per week (not tried everybody but i have tried may with low attributes/reputation to no avail)

Thios year they seem to all insist on working part-time too.

EDIT: Just managed to sign a 61 year-old scout called Alan Lord, CA 9 PA11. rep local.

Right having previously championed Steam I am now furious. The games on it don't run despite all my drivers being up to date and having followed all recommended guidelines for fixes. I have no problem playing games like Starcraft II on high graphics so the fact I can't play this demo is a farce. I have spoken to many people about this problem and all have said Steam is awful and many others have had the same problem. So I would ask that a solution be found as a lot of people are not happy about Steam. It's a joke and unless something changes I simply cannot buy the game. It runs on my crappy laptop but not my purpose built gaming PC. Sorry but that is a joke.

Just a little problem ive noticed, And it only happens every now and then, And kinda hard to describe but i shall give it a go.

When playing a match (Only noticed it during a match), The screen will jerk? Lasts a matter of millieseconds, Doesnt bother me but could be some UI glitch?

Right having previously championed Steam I am now furious. The games on it don't run despite all my drivers being up to date and having followed all recommended guidelines for fixes. I have no problem playing games like Starcraft II on high graphics so the fact I can't play this demo is a farce. I have spoken to many people about this problem and all have said Steam is awful and many others have had the same problem. So I would ask that a solution be found as a lot of people are not happy about Steam. It's a joke and unless something changes I simply cannot buy the game. It runs on my crappy laptop but not my purpose built gaming PC. Sorry but that is a joke.

That doesn't sound like a Steam problem to be honest. Have you read through this thread? Football Manager 2012 Demo FAQ - Technical and STEAM Issues

I really like the enhanced coach reports, but I feel like they could be made even better with a slight change.

In the example below, we can see that my Assistant Manager highly rates Yuki Abe in the DM position and that he helpfully suggests that his best role in that position would be a Deep Lying Playmaker (support).

I believe that my staff should be able to list and use the star rating system (identical to the Ability Comparison List (B) does) to rank the best 4 or 5 roles he would be capable of filling in the selected position.

They should be able to tell me they rate his at 4 stars for Deep Lying Playmaker (support), 3.5 stars for Deep Lying Playmaker (defend), 3.5 stars for Defensive Midfielder (support), 3 stars for Defensive Midfielder (defend) etc..... for example.

coachreport.png

It would also be advantageous to implement the use of the roles in the Team Depth screen as well.

As can be seen below it generically ranks the players by position ability, but there are huge differences in specific roles within certain positions. A striker can be a poacher or a Target Man (support) for example, which one player could be exceptional in one role, but poor in another.

It would be extremely helpful if where I have highlighted (A) in the screenshot below you could click and access all of the roles for that position and choose one, and it would then show the Team Depth opinion of your backroom staff for that particular role.

strengthoverview.png

Perhaps better again for that would be to simply list all of the possible roles, instead of all the possible positions.

This way you can easily at a glance see which roles you currently have players very adept at playing and create a tactic to include it (or identify which desired roles are poorly manned and take action).

(Adding roles to Assistant Manager Loan reports would be great too, so you can ask for them to find loan targets who fit the Anchor Man role archtype, or a Deep Lying Forward, or Defensive Winger, so that the do not return players who are miles away from fitting the role you are after)

--Ben--

Not sure if I should even bother posting this here but the press conferences as we all know are pretty tedious, so when I'm taking over a new club, I'm being asked exactly the same questions as on FM11. I mean seriously? Not even an attempt at a slight variation?

I know it's only a small gripe and doesn't effect the full game but it's just a huge turn off.

That doesn't sound like a Steam problem to be honest. Have you read through this thread? Football Manager 2012 Demo FAQ - Technical and STEAM Issues

I have indeed. Every game I have on Steam does this on my PC but not on my laptop. I have all the drivers any everything. Many many people have had this same problem launching games in the past and I am trying to fix it atm via reinstalling windows. If that doesn't work I'm beat.

4) still no real schedules in training, All individuals, and we can't see the progress of the players doing well in training, like if he is a bit developed in tackling, but not promoted from 12 rate in tacking.. but still doing ok and it's 12.1 ( when i want to show training progress ).

If you go to a players 'Training' page, and the select an attribute from the 'attribute development' panel, a line graph will be generated which shows you the exact development of that attribute. So you know if a players attribute has risen a little bit, albeit not enough to rise a whole point.

I also think we need more options on the respond to comment button when someone says they are interested in one of your players, can we not have the option to say - "I would be happy to let XX go out on loan, but am not looking to sell him" because then it might encourage people to put a loan offer in, and also to have an option to say "I would like to hold on to XX until the end of the season at least".

I just think it gives a bit more variety, and hopefully prompts the AI to give different responses.

Also, when clubs bid for one of your players on loan, they say "They see him as an important first team player" or "They see him providing important cover for the first team" etc, but when you are trying to loan a player you can't specify that option - why not??

I have a problem with signing new staff. I am trying to sign a scout, and i cannot sign anybody. i have just tried to sign "Ollie Jones" who has a 2!!!! in both judging PA and CA. He refuses my contract. They all want part-time deals. I am a Full-time club in the Blue Square Premier. There are some staff who are still available for free who i managed to sign last year but the is year they will not accept a contract due to my wage I can offer being too low. most (including Mr useless i tried to sign) want £450-500 per week i can only offer £350 per week. and nobody is accepting contracts.

Last year I could offer £350 per week and they would accept it. this year they will only accept £25-50 reduction. Meaning nobody will accept anything below £400 per week (not tried everybody but i have tried may with low attributes/reputation to no avail)

Thios year they seem to all insist on working part-time too.

EDIT: Just managed to sign a 61 year-old scout called Alan Lord, CA 9 PA11. rep local.

Who are you managing?

Can someone also explain the Loyalty Bonus a bit better. Because when I agreed to sell one of my players, I was also told that I would have to pay his outstanding loyalty bonus, yet on the contract screen it doesn't say that it is split over the length of the contract, just shows it as one lump sum? And if he requests a transfer, does that mean I don't have to pay it to him??

Correct. The loyalty bonus is paid over the length of the contract, however if you sell him before that contract finishes the player will be entitled to all of it. If the player requests a transfer however he waives the right to the outstanding sum of the loyalty bonus.

I also think we need more options on the respond to comment button when someone says they are interested in one of your players, can we not have the option to say - "I would be happy to let XX go out on loan, but am not looking to sell him" because then it might encourage people to put a loan offer in, and also to have an option to say "I would like to hold on to XX until the end of the season at least".

I just think it gives a bit more variety, and hopefully prompts the AI to give different responses.

Also, when clubs bid for one of your players on loan, they say "They see him as an important first team player" or "They see him providing important cover for the first team" etc, but when you are trying to loan a player you can't specify that option - why not??

I'd like to see this area expanded too, make sure it goes in the FM13 wish list:thup:

• SI Staff
Why can you not see the best predicted line up for your team anymore?

This is kind of integrated with the "Squad Depth" screen on the Team Report.

Gives you the depth you have in each position - so you just have to look at the best players in each position to suit your formation.

This would also apply to the question you asked earlier about predicting the opposition's starting XI.

Is this the correct thread to post game mistakes/gitches in?

If not I apologise, if so I have noticed a few little issues. Danny Welbeck on the game doesn't reflect how good he is in real life and Antonio Valencia cannot be used as a right back in the game, even tho he is used there often in real life.

• SI Staff
Is this the correct thread to post game mistakes/gitches in?

If not I apologise, if so I have noticed a few little issues. Danny Welbeck on the game doesn't reflect how good he is in real life and Antonio Valencia cannot be used as a right back in the game, even tho he is used there often in real life.

For any data issues, post this information in the Data Issues forum; http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/238-Football-Manager-2012-Data-Issues

For Man United specific data issues post in the Manchester United Data Issues thread; http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276445-ENGLAND-%28Official%29-Manchester-United-Data-Issues

One for Kriss (he'll enjoy this!).

This is my latest rant on Steam having downloaded the demo:

"That was the fastest & easiest download of a demo of FM that I ever had to endure! Rah rah rah. Going to order the digital download now - GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!"

-not quite what I was expecting!.

PS. Love the rectangular team name buttons, rounded corners are so (FM)2007.

PPS. Was right about 6th October..... ;-)

Kinda disappointed. The changes are all very minor, nothing stands out as being all that interesting. The team meeting is a joke, used it once, pretty simple and logical responses, the final one turned 8 players unhappy for no logical reason. Never touching it again. Media. Just as boring and pointless as ever. Given back to my assistant after 4 matches.

I can't ask my assistant to pick the team from the Tactics Menu. No, I have to go all the way back to the squad menu outside the pre-game if I want to do that.

There's been absolutely no change to the finance or board interactions either. There were many areas which got a touch up, this got nothing. I guess that's why there weren't any blogs on either.

The font seems different for the worse as well. Change for change's sake.

Already pre-ordered on steam after SEGA actually put the price on at the same for Australia as they did for the rest of the world, and I support SI, so you've got my money anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter. I won't be pre-ordering FM 13 though.

The "massively dominate game and still lose" issue is still in the game. My 3rd game with Man City (having improved their defence in the transfer market) I had 24 shots to 6, game ended 2-3 Norwich with them scoring 3 goals after half-time to come back from 2-0 down.

A-League has been ignored again. This much was made clear in the "Licensing" blog.

Playing first match now (friendly of course) but it just seems so much slower despite being max speed?

Also I cant find where to assign assistant for teamtalks etc?

I like the instruction options when bringing on a sub.

Still early days but thought to post what I can rather than playing whole thing through.

Any news on background graphics or cup graphics?

My dream in fm is not to wi nthe trpohiues but to see them in your own persoanl cabinet?

As said only a dream.

Cheers

Oh and Im one of those who is delighted about STEAM, easy to play whereever you are and of course I hope the STEAM challenges are back hence a few different ones.

I really am 1 in a million who just loves those challenges.

Hmmm... I'm downloading the demo via Steam and I've noticed something slightly odd.

Under Current Network Usage it says that it has downloaded 570MB. However, in the FM12 Demo box it says that it has downloaded 307MB / 2,650.8MB

Does anyone know where the rest of the download has disappeared to?

Archived